PDA

View Full Version : PF Lorecle Charismancer

Darcand
2011-07-08, 08:42 AM
I started with an idea for a villian based solely on charisma, but decided that I liked the idea so much that I want to play him as a character instead, after a little tweaking I've settled on a Gnome Oracle (Lore) with an Str 10, Con 16, Dex 8, Wis 12, Int 8, Cha 18 (15 point buy).

By level 3 (really 4 for one unlucky skill) I should have a +4 bonus to Reflex and AC (due to revelations) and by dumping my first 10 points into knowledge skills and grabbing the Breadth of Experience feat with Lore Keeper and Focused Trance revelations I can pull down a +30 bonus on any knowledge skill 4 times a day. 16 Con +favored class HP +toughness at level 5 should net me 5 bonus HP/ level.

I just don't know what to do with him after that. Any ideas?

As for purpose, I would like him to be a battlefield controller. The other players are all going to be brand new, not just to D&D, but to roleplaying in general and I don't want to outshine them and ruin the experiance,

Karoht
2011-07-08, 12:05 PM
I started with an idea for a villian based solely on charisma, but decided that I liked the idea so much that I want to play him as a character instead, after a little tweaking I've settled on a Gnome Oracle (Lore) with an Str 10, Con 16, Dex 8, Wis 12, Int 8, Cha 18 (15 point buy).

By level 3 (really 4 for one unlucky skill) I should have a +4 bonus to Reflex and AC (due to revelations) and by dumping my first 10 points into knowledge skills and grabbing the Breadth of Experience feat with Lore Keeper and Focused Trance revelations I can pull down a +30 bonus on any knowledge skill 4 times a day. 16 Con +favored class HP +toughness at level 5 should net me 5 bonus HP/ level.

I just don't know what to do with him after that. Any ideas?

As for purpose, I would like him to be a battlefield controller. The other players are all going to be brand new, not just to D&D, but to roleplaying in general and I don't want to outshine them and ruin the experiance,

I'm running a Lame Life Oracle who picked Channel and Selective Channel at level 3. I like healing my friends, I dislike healing badguys by accident.
And the ability to use Cure spells without invoking attacks means I can get in with the melee. So I'm kind of tanking from time to time, whacking things with a quarterstaff. And now that I have a few battlefield control spells such as Hold Person (and I'll just leave my healing to wands for the time being), it is turning into a very fun class to play.

Spell selection is about the only thing I'm having a bit of difficulty with, but at this low level, I don't see it as much of an issue yet. Just hit lvl 4 yesterday.