PDA

View Full Version : Clerics With Intuitive Attack

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-08, 09:57 AM
A cleric can get intuitive attack to use his wisdom score on simple weapon attack rolls.
That sounds pretty good if you max out your wisdom score.
It also makes the class less MAD:smallfurious: and therefore less likely to cast Doom on your character.:smallsmile:

Kaeso
2011-07-08, 10:03 AM
A cleric can get intuitive attack to use his wisdom score on simple weapon attack rolls.
That sounds pretty good if you max out your wisdom score.
It also makes the class less MAD.

I agree, it's the weapon finesse of clerics, except less sucky.

only1doug
2011-07-08, 10:19 AM
You mean that there are clerics that don't take intuitive attack?

Next you'll tell me that there are druids that don't take natural spell.

DiBastet
2011-07-08, 10:23 AM
Man, what's written in the shotgun on your avatar?

BTW, for my games I made intuitive attack work with any melee weapon, and made a feat that allows you use Wis in place of Str for damage, that has intuitive attack as a pre-req.

However, in my games clerics and paladins use Cha to determine spells. So this feat mostly helps some odd concepts of kung-fu masters or silent full of wisdom swordmasters...

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-08, 10:34 AM
Man, what's written in the shotgun on your avatar?

It is "Orc-B-Gone"

tyckspoon
2011-07-08, 10:55 AM
I agree, it's the weapon finesse of clerics, except less sucky.

If you house-rule away the [Exalted] part, sure. Otherwise, you have to put up with being sickeningly, restrictively GOOD, and I don't think it's worth going that far. Same reason it would otherwise be an interesting Monk option..

Zen Archery, on the other hand, only works for ranged attacks but doesn't have the stupid Exalted attachment. Lets you make a heavy-armor Cleric archer and just not give a smeg that your Dex is 8.

Lord_Gareth
2011-07-08, 10:58 AM
If you house-rule away the [Exalted] part, sure. Otherwise, you have to put up with being sickeningly, restrictively GOOD, and I don't think it's worth going that far. Same reason it would otherwise be an interesting Monk option..

Zen Archery, on the other hand, only works for ranged attacks but doesn't have the stupid Exalted attachment. Lets you make a heavy-armor Cleric archer and just not give a smeg that your Dex is 8.

Re-read the feat. It, like Ancestral Relic, is [General]

Keld Denar
2011-07-08, 03:28 PM
You mean that there are clerics that don't take intuitive attack?

Not all clerics melee. I tend to build more controller/buffer style clerics, typically with some Church Inquisitor and/or Sacred Exorcist mixed in.

And some clerics that DO melee rely in Divine Powah and/or Righteous Might which gives them a natural massive bonus to Str, but not to Wis, which will often make up the bulk of the difference. They might also have the War domain which allows them to use a weapon that has superior stats than a simple weapon (not just larger damage die, but larger threat range/multiplier).

So no, not ALL clerics take Intuitive Attack. Almost all druids DO take natural spell though. :smallcool:

Psyren
2011-07-08, 03:39 PM
Re-read the feat. It, like Ancestral Relic, is [General]

Wrong. Intuitive Attack is an Exalted feat. This also means that you lose your ability to aim in an AMF.

Eldariel
2011-07-08, 03:54 PM
Not all clerics melee. I tend to build more controller/buffer style clerics, typically with some Church Inquisitor and/or Sacred Exorcist mixed in.

And some clerics that DO melee rely in Divine Powah and/or Righteous Might which gives them a natural massive bonus to Str, but not to Wis, which will often make up the bulk of the difference. They might also have the War domain which allows them to use a weapon that has superior stats than a simple weapon (not just larger damage die, but larger threat range/multiplier).

So no, not ALL clerics take Intuitive Attack. Almost all druids DO take natural spell though. :smallcool:

Clerics reduce MAD by having so ridiculous a buff suite that their base stats are hardly visible beneath all it :smallwink: (seriously, you can get like +60 Str when stacking enough buffs on a Cleric)