PDA

View Full Version : Cost for hiring sailors?

Starwulf
2011-07-08, 05:09 PM
So, I scoured the PHB, the DMG, and Stormwrack, trying to find some reference to how much it would cost to hire a sailor per day. The closest thing I could figure would be either a Mercenary(2sp a day), or a Trained Hireling(3 sp a day). I was really surprised that Stormwrack didn't have a single mention on the cost of sailors, it had a whole host of different ships then the PHB mentions, but nothing about sailors ><. So, does anyone here have any idea how much?

Zonugal
2011-07-08, 05:20 PM
Mercenary seems pretty synonymous with sailors (or pirates...). Just re-work the stat block for a mercenary (throw some skill points to the necessary slots). Mind you that is working off of using npc classes. I think I remember A&E having a price for 1st-level fighters and if so you could just port that over, and use Swashbucklers instead of Fighters.

IthroZada
2011-07-08, 05:24 PM
How is a sailor not a trained hireling? They are people you hire, trained in sailing.

Starwulf
2011-07-08, 05:36 PM
How is a sailor not a trained hireling? They are people you hire, trained in sailing.

I just wasn't sure if that would truly work or if there was something more appropriate. Assuming it does though, that works for me ^^

IthroZada
2011-07-08, 05:47 PM
I just wasn't sure if that would truly work or if there was something more appropriate. Assuming it does though, that works for me ^^

Well, if you want hard rules, page 61 of the Arms and Equipment Guide, and the two tables on the next two pages, cover a pretty good chunk of NPCs with specific jobs and their prices. A crewman sailor being 1sp/day, a mate being 4sp/day, a navigator being 3sp/day, and a Shipwright being 1gp/day.

Starwulf
2011-07-08, 05:53 PM
Well, if you want hard rules, page 61 of the Arms and Equipment Guide, and the two tables on the next two pages, cover a pretty good chunk of NPCs with specific jobs and their prices. A crewman sailor being 1sp/day, a mate being 4sp/day, a navigator being 3sp/day, and a Shipwright being 1gp/day.

Sweeeet ^^ Thank you :)