View Full Version : I want to fly!

TheDreadedThrag
2011-07-08, 09:01 PM
Hello there again oh faithful adventurers. I'm in a campaign right now that's post apocalyptic. I'm playing a fighter that beats the **** out of things with his giant spiked shield. I'm level 7 right now and most of my feats have gone to improved build and the line up for blood spiked charger (which is beautiful if you've never witnessed it)

So in our party, we have a shield fighter, a warblade, and a halfling druid who rides a cheetah with a hand cannon attached to the sadle. The problem in this little line up is that the druid is both: new to the game, much less the love of ripping things apart as a bear, and he's a *****. (i assume that's why he rides a cheetah instead of a ****ing bear) After going through some crazy **** that we probably weren't even supposed to live through, and completely missing lvl 8, I've found myself with some room to grow, and the need to hit things that are not directly on ground level. Once again it's post apocalyptic and we don't have much in the way of wealth or magical items. Anybody have some ideas that could make me more of a threat say...to a flying wizard?

Oh and i'd rather not be a bloodstorm. It's neat to throw things, but i wield a door sized spiked shield, and as neat as that is to throw at **** i feel awfully naked without it and my ability to bloodspike charge things.

MeeposFire
2011-07-08, 09:04 PM
Flying can be obtained via feats if you do not want to spend money by taking shape soulmeld (pegasus cloak) open shoulder chakra. Money would probably be better though if you can afford it.

Lord Ruby34
2011-07-08, 09:08 PM
Ask about being able to redo your race and play a raptoran? Or just go with one of the earlier suggestions.

Big Fau
2011-07-08, 09:17 PM
Ask about being able to redo your race and play a raptoran? Or just go with one of the earlier suggestions.

Dragonborn can be done IC and would potentially help him more than Raptorian retraining.

TheDreadedThrag
2011-07-08, 09:18 PM
is that actually flying? or is that just feather fall and a +2 to your jump checks?
also my dm has informed me that bloodspiked charging wouldn't work while flying... Makes me sad

Dragonsoul
2011-07-08, 09:22 PM
From level 10,yup it's flying all the time, you can get Fiendish graphs but that drives you insane.....

Yeah,Just Pay 1,200gp to have a wizard cast Polymorph any Object on you to turn you into a raptoran.

Big Fau
2011-07-08, 09:23 PM
is that actually flying? or is that just feather fall and a +2 to your jump checks?
also my dm has informed me that bloodspiked charging wouldn't work while flying... Makes me sad

Dragonborns get full-fledged Flight at level 6.

And did he give a reason? You can still charge while flying, so there really shouldn't be a problem here.

TheDreadedThrag
2011-07-08, 09:54 PM
Call of Bahamut. Problem solved