PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for gestalt npc class PC

HunterOfJello
2011-07-09, 12:40 AM
As Zaq suggested to another person in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206560), it's my intention to build a character using the Expert class to the most optimized extent possible. The game I'm involved in right now and going to be joining soon as a player is a gestalt game however, so I'll have to pick another class to add to Expert and see how far down the rabbit hole really goes.

So far I've been considering the Commoner, Warrior, and Aristocrat classes because each of them are bottom tier and generally considered unimpressive. I might be tempted to try using Adept, Urban Adept or Magewright, but I think it would be more amusing without going into an actual magic class. I'm currently leaning towards Aristocrat.

As far as feats go, I'm considering the TWF line to use with Iajutsu Focus and Quick Draw (or by using a ton of weapon crystals). The Wild Cohort feat would also be excellent to abuse since I'd be able to get an animal companion almost as good as a Ranger gets.

For basic info: the game is gestalt, I'll be starting with around 100,000gp with a max of 10,000gp on any one item, the level is 11, the setting is Eberron, almost all books and items are allowed, leadership is banned, and I'm really looking forward to this.

So, does anyone have suggestions?

OracleofSilence
2011-07-09, 12:44 AM
candle of invocation.

baring that, take a look at some of the shape soulmeld feats, or go for a shadow bampher ( i realize pounce may be hard to get)

Hiro Protagonest
2011-07-09, 12:56 AM
Max out your ranks in handle animal. Train horrid apes and tigers.

Max out your ranks in ride. Ride that horrid tiger you trained. :smalleek:

HunterOfJello
2011-07-09, 01:49 AM
I'm going to work on maxing out Forgery along with all the Charisma based skills. Gloves of Mental Prowess will help with Forgery and Sleight of Hand. Circlet of Persuasion should help a lot with all the charisma based checks.

I'll start looking through Bunko's list and others soon for magical item suggestions.

baring that, take a look at some of the shape soulmeld feats, or go for a shadow bampher ( i realize pounce may be hard to get)

I am somewhat familiar with Magic of Incarnum, but which specific soulmelds are you referring to? Also, what's a "shadow bampher"?

Coidzor
2011-07-09, 01:58 AM
Max out your ranks in handle animal. Train horrid apes and tigers.

Max out your ranks in ride. Ride that horrid tiger you trained. :smalleek:

Breed your horrid tigers and apes, make their offspring Warbeasts.

BillyBobJoe
2011-07-09, 02:09 AM
Use the Chicken-Iajutsu Commoner build. Take the chicken infested flaw, use quick draw, and attack with your chickens. Plus, if you get bored, you can fill all of creation with chickens.