PDA

View Full Version : Obey Your Master (of Puppets)

ExemplarofAvg
2011-07-09, 10:40 AM
I've been reading 07 Ghost lately and I've been finding Castor interesting, namely his use and manipulation of dolls, for those of you not familiar with 07Ghost think the puppets form Naruto en masse without all the extra stuff. What I want to figure out is if something like this exists in DnD or has been created by someone, I thought Shaper but that is too low scale, Artificer could work, but could cause it become out of hand if given enough free time. Thank you Playgrounds for any information.

Otherworld Odd
2011-07-09, 11:27 AM
Well casters can pretty much do anything they want to. You could just focus on making golems but fluff them as puppets and dolls or you could animate objects. I don't think there's a specific class

You could do something like Artificer into Effigy Master (Complete Arcane). That's the only prestige class I know centered around building construct-type things.

On a side note, I hate that freaking song because every time I hear it, it gets stuck in my head. Turns out that reading it makes it get stuck in my head too. -___________-

ExemplarofAvg
2011-07-09, 02:12 PM
Well casters can pretty much do anything they want to. You could just focus on making golems but fluff them as puppets and dolls or you could animate objects. I don't think there's a specific class

You could do something like Artificer into Effigy Master (Complete Arcane). That's the only prestige class I know centered around building construct-type things.

On a side note, I hate that freaking song because every time I hear it, it gets stuck in my head. Turns out that reading it makes it get stuck in my head too. -___________-

Yay, Casters, Hmm true enough, but that's kind of the same problem as the artificer. Bummer, does anyone know if anything else was printed some kind of puppeteer thing. And there's nothing wrong with the song, but I know what you mean. The words are quite linked to the song.

Prime32
2011-07-09, 05:02 PM
Cast animate objects.

ExemplarofAvg
2011-07-09, 05:50 PM
Cast animate objects.

.... see that's one of those things that's so simple that I missed it... I'm a little upset with myself, but thank you.

Otherworld Odd
2011-07-10, 01:04 AM
I totally mentioned that in my post. =/. lol.

ExemplarofAvg
2011-07-10, 05:55 PM
I totally mentioned that in my post. =/. lol.

I'm sorry, my bad, completely missed it.

BillyBobJoe
2011-07-10, 06:41 PM
This works. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11940.0)

ExemplarofAvg
2011-07-10, 07:03 PM
This works. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11940.0)

Thank you.. This shall work nicely.