PDA

View Full Version : Weenie Horde Delight! IC

Swordgeo
2011-07-09, 04:04 PM
For this first introduction, until I say so, please read only the spoiler addressed to your character. I doubt you won't look at everyone elses, cause I know I would. Nothing is really stopping you, but you are on your honor.

Planswalker/Talehos

You had been traveling for quite a while now, hoping to prove yourself to the world, but first you knew that the path of the champion first lie with practicing and honing your skills. You'd been on your way to the village of Anvil, an ordinary though suspiciously popular little place, you had head that there is always something wierd going on, and that adventurers could make a lot of money in a place like that.

You were on the trail in the morning, when your spider senses told you something was amiss, you broke from the trail and found an old goblinoid camp...and though you are no tracker, you easily spotted tracks headed east, not going the opposite direction you were. You followed them, and though they were fast, they were often lazy, and by noon you knew they were close. A whiff of the creature caught your nose just as you saw one's back, crouched beside a tree in this forest. You saw one or two of its friend, spread out, as they approached an ambush position. Just as you wondered who they'd be ambushing, you head noises of footsteps, presumably from the road ahead.

Badger/Mirala

You had been traveling for quite a while now, hoping to shine the goodness of your god to the world, but most frowned on your abilities, and sent you away. You'd been on your way to the village of Anvil, an ordinary though suspiciously popular little place, you had head that there is always something wierd going on, and that adventurers could make a lot of money, and do a lot of good, in the town constantly assaulted by the bizzare.

You'd been walking from the south, on a small trail that's been twisting and curving all the time. As you are walking, you see that your path is one way in a fork in the road, and that another path would soon converge with yours.

You hear footsteps coming from your left, from the other path! You stop in your tracks and listen, and see that the footsteps stopped as well. Is what's on the other side hearing you as well, or is it just stopping to rest or something?

Dragon/Balin
You'd been staying in the small village of Anvil, a village constantly assaulted by the bizzare, or so the villagers say. It was rather boring...and though you were payed well for performing at the local tavern it was quite a drag...until you accidently insulted the local badass: Ragnor the Barbarian. He chased you out of town today, and you realised you left most of your things in your room, all you have are your short sword and daggers, plus a few coppers.

You were contemplating how to get your things back when you see down the trail, you hear more then one sets of footprints. The figures making them are not in sight, but will be soon...what will you do?

Binary/Bei'ra
You had been traveling for quite a while now, hoping to increase your wallet and arcane power, but most frowned on your abilities, and sent you away. You'd been on your way to the village of Anvil, an ordinary though suspiciously popular little place, you had head that there is always something wierd going on, and that adventurers could make a lot of money, and get a lot of practice, in the town constantly assaulted by the bizzare.

You'd been walking from the south, on a small trail that's been twisting and curving all the time. As you are walking, you see that your path is one way in a fork in the road, and that another path would soon converge with yours.

You hear footsteps coming from your right, from the other path! You stop in your tracks and listen, and see that the footsteps stopped as well. Is what's on the other side hearing you as well, or is it just stopping to rest or something?

Stan/Dippy
You've been a semi-resident of the village of Anvil for quite some time, a village constantly effected by the bizarre. Why, just this morning, you saw the barbarian Ragnor chase a guy out of town in a drunken rage for no reason! You recently went into the nearby forest to pick berries and hug trees, when you sense something is wrong...
A horrid smell assualts your nose, and suddenly, you see a goblin! Te filthy creature does not notice you, but kneels in an ambush position 20 feet away! You do not see any more, but you hear silent grunts and whistles in the forest beyond it...what do you do?

Okay, please respond by placing your characters name at the top like so

Poopsling

and respond in spoilers. This will not be going on for long, trust me.

Sorry King, Bjorn is elsewhere right now, so he will not be part of this unless he needs to be.

Dragon Star
2011-07-09, 04:12 PM
Balin

If there is sufficient foliage, I will leap of the road and perform a Hide check.
[roll0]
If not, I will draw my shortsword and walk towards the noises.

(The edit was to put the post in the right format)

BinaryMage
2011-07-09, 04:15 PM
Bei'ra

Bei'ra, upon hearing the sound of footsteps on the converging path, calls out in her young voice, "Be thou enemy or friend?".
Before waiting for any response, she quickly draws her shortbow and puts an arrow to the string. She then listens alertly for any response.

Swordgeo
2011-07-09, 04:17 PM
Dragon/Balin

You jump away from the noise, and to your left, you see a goblin! You doubt the filthy creaute notices you, but it kneels in ambush position. You are in range to throw a dagger, or take a mover action and strike it.

I replied to Balin to quickly...I'm essentially gonna wait for all to post then post what goes on because of reactions, etc.

Dragon Star
2011-07-09, 04:22 PM
Balin

I move forward and stab it with my shortsword.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Sorry, posted this before I saw your post.

planswalker
2011-07-09, 04:30 PM
Talehos' honor prevents him from making the first move, but if there really are brigands out to ambush people, it's only just for him to interfere.

He steps forward behind the one whose back he sees and says loudly for anyone nearby to hear:

"Hello my good fellow! Care to tell me what an honest creature such as yourself is doing hiding in such a dishonest manner?"

Swordgeo
2011-07-09, 04:39 PM
Everybody hears the words in gold, Balin faintly...and a bunch of goblins scream in surprise. In the tumult of noise, everyone faintly hears a female yelling "Are thou enemy of friend?"

Two goblins rush Talehos, one clipping him for 4 damage, and Stanley comes into view, seeing the fight.

Meanwhile, Bei'ra and Mirala stumble into each other as their paths converge. They see behind on another a flock of gobs, so they turn their backs to see more little bastards coming at them.

Balin tears into a gobbo's chest, and his death rattle fills the forest as it dies, but they are out of sight of all.

Two have engaged Talehos in melee, in the west. Two goblins each approach Bei'ra and Mirala in the south, melee will be joined next round. Balin sees another goblin coming his way in the east, and still more voices crowd the surrounding area.

A faint goblin voice coming out of nowhere yells, "Roll initiative, you slimy curs! No more spoilers required!"

Dragon Star
2011-07-09, 04:45 PM
Initiative:
[roll0]

BinaryMage
2011-07-09, 04:48 PM
Bei'ra

Bei'ra quickly looks at Mirala, and then says "If thou art an enemy of my enemy, then I suppose thou art my friend. Let us deal with the imminent danger first, and then we shall have time for pleasantries."
She then nocks the arrow she had been holding to her bow, and fires at the nearest goblin. Directly after loosing the arrow, she looks all around her, trying to get a visual image of the scene.

Ranged versus AC (assuming range less than 60 ft) [roll0]
Damage if a hit: [roll1]
Spot check for visual image: [roll2]

Oh wait, were we supposed to roll init first? Probably.

Okay. Sorry. Initiative is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11383044#post11383044).

And SleepyBadger, Mirala still needs spells, and since we're now in combat, now would be good. :smallsmile:

Swordgeo
2011-07-09, 04:50 PM
Roll init and act at same time please...

EDIT: Changed my mind, to allow combat to run more smoothly, we will roll init at beginning of combat and keep it, unless I direct you otherwise. I realise that outside of live play, it can be tedious.

Everyone who hasn't done so yet, roll init and go.

Also, is Badger even here? She hasn't posted yet? Will someone PM her to get on?

Dragon Star
2011-07-09, 04:56 PM
Oh, sorry.

Balin

Balin runs towards where he heard the golden voice.
(run action or double move, whichever works.)

Swordgeo
2011-07-09, 05:07 PM
Still waiting for Planswalker, Badger(who I doubt exists anymore) to roll init and take their turn.

BinaryMage
2011-07-09, 05:09 PM
Still waiting for Planswalker, Badger(who I doubt exists anymore) to roll init and take their turn.

I PM'd Badger. We're all on different timezones though, I think it's unlikely that we'll be able to do this at anything close to real-time D&D. Probably minimum 1 post/day, more if you can.

Swordgeo
2011-07-09, 05:11 PM
True. I will have to accept this.

When Planswalker and Badger and Stanley get on and take their turns, then the round can commence, conclude, and the new one start. I will then also post init order, so tht everyone knows when everyone goes. I'll check every half hour or so.

Dragon Star
2011-07-09, 05:16 PM
planswalker is around. He posted on his AVB thread 10 min ago. dunno about badger.

planswalker
2011-07-09, 05:37 PM
[roll0]

Talehos grins then at the two goblins.

"Fellas, that wasn't very nice of you. Attacking an unarmed man. Now BACK OFF!"

Talehos hits the one who hurt him with his shield as he says the last two words.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Swordgeo
2011-07-09, 05:45 PM
I don't think Badger is coming anytime soon...so if she doesn't post in a half hour or so, I'll commence the round, and she'll be a no action, and she won't be attacked...might just poof her, since she hasn't posted at all.

Dragon Star
2011-07-09, 06:08 PM
Ahh, give her a chance. Keep on with combat, but let her in if she posts. She probably doesn't have internet access right now.

BinaryMage
2011-07-09, 06:10 PM
Ahh, give her a chance. Keep on with combat, but let her in if she posts. She probably doesn't have internet access right now.

Um, in Europe it's the middle of the night. She's probably just sleeping.

Dragon Star
2011-07-09, 06:19 PM
Um, in Europe it's the middle of the night. She's probably just sleeping.

...Wow. I really need to think more before I post.

Swordgeo
2011-07-09, 07:24 PM
Bei'ra's bow shot flies past a goblins head to no avail...it and its buddy lick their lips as they charge toward you. One's akward swing almost clips you, but you jump away, unscathed.

The two goblin's dig their blades into Talehos' flesh, to no avail, and he impales one on his shield. It grasps its chest before falling...dead.

Balin runs to the east, a goblin chasing after him, and he spots the halfling paladin fighting with a goblin, and that another is coming up behind him(move action to melee the former)

Meanwhile, Bjorn stumbles onto the scene, as he was daydreaming quite loudly while going out from the village to chop firewood.

Bei'ra sees Mirala poof into thin air, and the goblins near her scramble away.
Though nobody sees it, Stan also poofs out of existance.

Init order is as follows so far:
Bei'ra-16
Goblins-14
Balin-5
Talehos-5

King, roll init and go...everyone, I declare

Round Two: START!

planswalker
2011-07-09, 07:26 PM
Talehos will slam the nearest goblin remaining on his turn with his shield.

planswalker
2011-07-09, 07:27 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

forgot to roll

BinaryMage
2011-07-09, 07:30 PM
Bei'ra, disgusted with her miss, curses under her breath, runs towards the goblins charging her, and then speaks a powerful incantation, causing a cone of vivid colors to spring out from her hand.

Move: Toward the goblins, up to 30 ft, attempting to get as many as possible in range of the spell, but avoiding melee range if possible.
Cast (Standard Action): Color Spray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm), DC 16, targeting as many goblins as possible.

Dragon Star
2011-07-09, 07:32 PM
Balin
Have I already gone? If not...

Balin moves towards the goblin attacking the halfling, then attempts to stab it in the back.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Swordgeo
2011-07-09, 07:48 PM
Bei'ra's spray put down two of the creatures, and they drop to the ground.(Color Spray in the Sunrise Knights was my only offensive spells for the longest time...good times). A third runs up and stabs her for 3 pts damage.

Goblins swarm the dwarven warrior, who is too suprised to act, and their weapons clang off his mail.

More goblins attack Talehos, totalling three on him, but Balin stabs one from behind, dropping it, and the paladin smacks another, dazing it. But the third's blade finds a weak spot in the pally's defense, and deals him 3 pts damage.

So, two are adjacent Talehos, one is coming up behind Balin, a five-foot-step away, on is melee with Bei'ra, with another soon in coming, and the dwarf is swarmed by three.

Round Three START

BinaryMage
2011-07-09, 07:55 PM
Bei'ra, slightly stunned by this combat, it being her first real one, clears her head, steps back, and chants another incantation, causing a pulsating arrow of potent magical force to slam into the goblin who attacked her.

Move: 5-foot step out of melee.
Cast: Magic Missile, targeting the goblin who stabbed her the previous round. (Automatic hit)
Damage: [roll0]

planswalker
2011-07-09, 07:57 PM
Talehos will attack yet again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

"I wonder how many rude brigands will beset us before they give in?" He says to those aiding him in the fight.

Dragon Star
2011-07-09, 09:21 PM
Balin says "Goblins always attack in hordes. Filthy creatures. No appreciation for music."

SleepyBadger
2011-07-10, 04:03 AM
Mirala

Initiative:
[roll0]

Mirala draws her morningstar, moves in front of Bei'ra (max 30 ft) and attacks the nearest goblin pestering her.

Attack if applicable:
[roll1]
Damage if applicable
[roll2]

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I literally slept trough the first rounds of action.

SleepyBadger
2011-07-10, 04:04 AM
Mirala

Initiative:
[roll0]

Mirala draws her morningstar, moves in front of Bei'ra (max 30 ft) and attacks the nearest goblin pestering her.

Attack if applicable:
[roll1]
Damage if applicable
[roll2]

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I literally slept trough the first rounds of action.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-10, 06:04 PM
Bjorn turns noticing the three goblins, "For heavens sakes, ye damn gobbies don't know who yar fighting do ya?"

With his line said, in a rather comedic tone with a chuckle hidden just beneath, bjorn swings his axe at the nearest goblin.

Init
[roll0]
Attack
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Also using dodge on the second closest goblin. (+1ac)

Swordgeo
2011-07-10, 06:19 PM
Goblin blades clang harmlessly on the dwarf's armor and helmet, and Bjorn pities their stupidity as he swings with all his might, and almost loses balance as his axe goes wide.

Bei'ra smites the creature with her Magic Missile, and it falls over with a small hole clean through its chest.

Two gobbos take swings at Talehos, but he evades them with ease. Balin barely jumps out of the way as a goblin sword almost guts him. Talehos smacks the unwounded one in the nose and its broken head falls to the ground, body following. Balin comes down on the head of the goblin that attacked it, shearing its ear off, and it crumples to the ground...clutching the side of its head and screaming.

Mirala seems to poof back into existance, just between the mage Bei'ra and an approaching gobbo, and wastes no time swinging her morning star at it wildly to keep it at bay. Mirala doesn't remember what happened to her when she poofed away...had had a feeling she was told something very...important, in her time away.

Init order is now as follows:
Bjorn-17
Bei'ra-16
Gobbos-14
Talehos-5
Balin-5
Mirala-3(took the first posts)

One wounded boglin battles Talehos, a five-foot-step from Balin. Bjorn is surrounded by three gobbos far away from the rest. And one goblin threatens Mirala, who stands between it and Bei'ra, while two snoring goblins sleep nearby.
(Also, no reinforcements, so this five[seven] is all there is left)

Round FOUR?: START!

BinaryMage
2011-07-10, 06:26 PM
Bei'ra

For a second, Bei'ra stands in awe of the power of her spell, then speaks:
"I doubt the goblins would have attacked us only to steal, we don't give the image of wealth. Someone must have sent them, but who?". She then moves so that she has a clear shot to the goblin fighting Mirala, and looses another arrow from her bow.

Move: To get clear shot at goblin fighting Mirala, max. 30 ft.
Attack with Shortbow:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

planswalker
2011-07-10, 06:35 PM
Should the goblin near him still be standing, Talehos will attack it then draw his bow in his off hand (not the one with the shield).

[roll0]
[roll1]

Should, by the time it's finally his turn that goblin is down, Talehos will draw his bow and take off his shield, ready to pick off any survivors on the next round.

Dragon Star
2011-07-10, 06:52 PM
Balin begins a tavern song, telling of a famous paladin. He also scurries backwards, away from the goblin.

Inspire Courage as a standard action. Talehos gains +1 to attack and damage on his next turn. And a move action, of course.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-10, 06:56 PM
Bjorn chuckles at his mistake, "Fighting 101, accuracy is key!" Then swings again.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

stanleyindraven
2011-07-10, 08:08 PM
Germain

I will draw my scimitar and use my SLA Ray of Frost to attack the goblin I can see.

Ranged Touch Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

stanleyindraven
2011-07-10, 08:09 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

SleepyBadger
2011-07-11, 04:39 AM
OOC: I think if we go 1 round per day I can post normally and Mirala doesn't have to run in robot mode...
IC: "Are you wounded, my friend?" Mirala steps next to Bei'ra carefully avoiding the nearby goblins and calls upon the healing magic of her god. (OOC: Casting lesser vigor on her which gives Bei'ra fast healing 1 hp / round for 11 rounds.) She also looks around, trying to assess the situation. Does she see any other heavily wounded people who are apparently fighting the goblins?
Concentration check if she cannot move next to Bei'ra without being adjacent to any goblins:
[roll0]

planswalker
2011-07-11, 12:51 PM
Poor Talehos who is surrounded by three goblins and taken heavy wounds looks kinda hurt.

Swordgeo
2011-07-14, 03:40 PM
Bjorn corrects himself and shifts his stance, but still the dirty gobbos evade his axe, but their fear of the weapon keeps them at bay.

Bei'ra runs and looses an arrow at the goblin fighting Mirala, but she misses badly.

A running goblin intends to tear Balin a new one, when Germaine blocks its path. The goblin is barely able to juke away when Germaine tries to put ice into its eye.

The badly wounded goblin takes a weak swing with its sword that smacks against Talehos' shield, and as Balin fills Talehos with courage and determination, the goblin is barely able to dodge to the side as the halfling tried to smack the crap out of it.

Mirala's strength of mind holds out as she evade's the goblin's advances(no innuendo...or is it?) and gives vigor to Bei'ra, who heals herself into 4HP.

New Round Go!

planswalker
2011-07-14, 03:46 PM
Should there still be a goblin in melee when it's his turn, Talehos will bash it with his shield.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Should there be no enemies in melee with him, Talehos will put away his shield and fire an arrow at a goblin surrounding the pc who has the most. Should there be a tie, he will choose the closer target.

[roll4]
[roll5]

SleepyBadger
2011-07-14, 03:55 PM
Mirala looks around and notices a halfling staggering after having taken a blow from one of the goblins. She tries to disengage from melee and evade the goblins to move to the halfling's side and cast another healing spell.
OOC: Lesser vigor for Talehos. Concentration if she has to cast next to a goblin: [roll0].
Can we all hear Balin's song?

stanleyindraven
2011-07-14, 04:00 PM
Germaine will attempt to slash the goblin with his scimitar.

[roll0]
Crit Confirm if needed
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Dragon Star
2011-07-14, 04:23 PM
Balin stops singing, moves forwards, and attempts to stab the goblin again. His song echos in the air.

[roll0]
[roll1]
And the Inspire Courage lasts for 5 more rounds.

BinaryMage
2011-07-14, 04:37 PM
Bei'ra looses yet another arrow at the closest goblin, hoping that this one will finally meet its mark. "What kind of elf can't shoot an arrow?", she mutters to herself.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-14, 06:06 PM
"Aye ye filthy creatures come 'ere and let me show you what my blade will do to your skulls!"

That said Bjorn swings at the nearest goblin.
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
Crit
[roll2]
Crit Damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

SleepyBadger
2011-07-21, 10:42 AM
New threads are ready!
OoC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11465280#post11465280)
IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11465334#post11465334)