PDA

View Full Version : Magic: Question for a Blightsteel Colossus Deck

Epee Assassin
2011-07-09, 06:51 PM
I have plans to make a Blightsteel Colossus-based deck.
I do not have all of the following cards, just FYI.
These cards are in sequence to how the might be used (except for the tutors, sideboard, and non-creature cards that give poison counters)
So far:

4 Diabolic Tutors
4 Trinket Mages
1 Everflowing Chalice (only because of above card's ability)
4 Shape Anews
1 Blightsteel Colossus
4 Spread the Sickness
4 Ponder
1-4 Caress of Phyrexia

Sideboard:

2 Telling Time
1-2 Life's Finale
1-2 Call to the Grave

Mana:

12 Swamp
12 Island

Now my question. If I use maximum amount of cards for everything, I still need more cards. So, I could use Polymorph, but, I would need to be really lucky by getting an amazing hand and drawing well, unless I use multiple tutors, put in more creatures, making polymorph much less useful. Therefore I need a card with Trinket Mage's ability but for creatures. My question is if there is one. I would then use its ability to get the one other, cheap creature. And yes, as I am writing this, I see the one major flaw: I could get a Trinket Mage when using Polymorph. Then I would use it to get a Everflowing Chalice, and use a tutor to get Shape Anew.

If there is a card like said above, please tell me. Suggestions for the deck are welcome.

iyaerP
2011-07-09, 07:11 PM
Throw in a metal worker. Also some vedalken Engineers. and a Tinker. Get your bull**** Collossus out on turn 4 lol.

Epee Assassin
2011-07-09, 08:03 PM
Throw in a metal worker. Also some vedalken Engineers. and a Tinker. Get your bull**** Collossus out on turn 4 lol.

Great. The tinker will work well, but metal worker won't come up on blackborder, but vedalken engineers would only work in an artifact deck.

NoobForHire
2011-07-10, 03:16 PM
Master's Call + Shape Anew.

Win forever.