PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Rules in D&D

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-07-09, 09:48 PM
I've been looking for the rules on intoxication and drinking in D&D 3.5. I can't seem to find them, but I know they exist.
I also would like to know how long it takes to rink a given amount of alcohol.

Thanks.

Calimehter
2011-07-09, 09:57 PM
Cityscape has them. If you don't mind 3.0 material, then the Arms and Equipment guide has some, too. The latter treat it as a poison, the former . . . I am not as familiar with.

Amphetryon
2011-07-09, 10:05 PM
Check the Drunken Master prestige class for some additional information on this topic; there's a link to an Iron Chef contest with Drunken Master as the featured "Secret Ingredient".

There's also a 3rd party book, Hammer and Helm, dedicated to All Things Dwarven. Perhaps unsurprisingly, there's a section on drinking rules.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-07-09, 10:36 PM
Check the Drunken Master prestige class for some additional information on this topic; there's a link to an Iron Chef contest with Drunken Master as the featured "Secret Ingredient".

That's true, I suppose Drunken Master would have all the rules for drinking time. Thank you.

Cityscape has them. If you don't mind 3.0 material, then the Arms and Equipment guide has some, too. The latter treat it as a poison, the former . . . I am not as familiar with.

I don't have Cityscape and I would like to use the most up to date rules for 3.5. Any chance someone could tell me what it says?

Thanks.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-07-10, 10:01 AM
DM to the rescue!

You can have one drink equal to half your Con score per hour (a drink is a tankard of ale, glass of wine or shot of hard stuff). Each drink beyond that requires a Con check (DC 15 + 1 per additional drink), and racial boni against poison apply.

Each failed check means 1 damage to your Dex and Wis, and a -1 penalty to your Con for the purpose of resisting further drinks.