PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Homebrew Compendium (for D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder - Taking Requests)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-09, 10:20 PM
This is the place where I shall put all my 3.5 and Pathfinder homebrew creations. It will mostly be spells, monsters, items, and prestige classes, but other things may also be included.

When I build things, I always keep simplicity, ease of use, and fun in mind. I favor playability over realism, and fluff over mechanics.

I would very much appreciate criticism, feedback, and most of all, requests. I will be happy to make stats and fluff for anything you wish, be it an adaptation of something that already exists, or a new idea entirely.

I hope you can find something in here that you will put to use. :smallwink:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-09, 10:21 PM
PYROMANIC

"I like to watch things BURN!"
- Grint, Kobold Pyromaniac

Fire is a destructive force that ruins, consumes, and defaces everything in its path. It exists only to destroy and devour, extinguishing life and toppling mighty creations. It is hard to control, dangerous, and quite painful to work with. No wonder it is so popular amongst teenagers.

Pyromaniacs are those who take the use of fire to a whole new level. They greatly enjoy wielding it for personal gain, for a cause, and even just for fun. If fire doesn't fix it, they want nothing to do with it.

They have to ability to conjure white blades of fire which they use to cut down their foes. They can also summon great masses of the stuff which they can use to wreck everything in their path. As they begin to master the art, they gain whole new abilities such as the power to surround themselves in a swirling cloud of flame.

Role: Pyromaniacs are best in medium-range combat. They are frailer than hardcore melee fighters and don't have the raw offensive power of single-class mages. They do, however, have their own way of turning the tide of a battle by wearing down foes with a stream of damage and debuffing, and then swooping in to finish them off. One of their strengths is their ability to effect many targets at the time, and at higher levels they can even bring down (or at least scatter) whole groups of foes in a single round.

Alignment: Because fire is unpredictable, organic, yielding, and randomly destructive, pyromaniacs favor chaotic alignments. Though lawful pyromaniacs exist (most notably hobgoblins), they are rare and usually evil.

Hit Die: d8

REQUIREMENTS

To become a pyromaniac, a character must fulfill the following criteria:

Spellcasting: Ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells, and ability to cast at least two spells that deal fire damage.
Base Attack Bonus: +3.

CLASS SKILLS

The pyromaniac's class skills include Climb, Acrobatics, Intimidate, Spellcraft, and Knowledge (Arcana).
Skill Points Per Level: 4 + Int Modifier

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Flame Blast 4d6, Flame Blade, Fire Resistance 10|

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Draining Heat|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Flame Blast 5d6, Scalding Air|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Flame Blade +1, Burn Everything|

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Flame Blast 6d6, Crippling Flame Blade, Fire Resistance 15|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+5|
+2|Ignite Foe|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+6|
+2|Flame Blade +2, Flame Blast 7d6, Swirling Fire|

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+6|
+2|Burning Wound|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+7|
+3|Flame Blast 8d6, Fwacoom|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+x|
+3|Flame Blade +3, Burn the Masses, Fire Resistance 20|[/table]

CLASS FEATURES:

The following are the class features of the pyromaniac prestige class.

Fire Resistance (SU): At 1st level, you reduce all fire damage you take by 10 points. The resistance increases to 15 at 5th level, and 20 at 10th level.

Flame Blade (SP): At any time, you can conjure a blade of fire that can only be wielded by you, acts like a scimitar, and deals fire damage on a successful hit. You can dismiss the weapon whenever you like, and can only have one in existence at any time. At 4th level, the blade gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls. The bonus increases to +2 at 7th level, and +3 at 10th level.

Flame Blast (SP): At 1st level, you gain an ability that allows you to make a ranged touch attack with a 30 foot range. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 fire damage. This power requires a standard action, and can be done as many time per day as you like. You add an extra d6 to the damage roll at every odd-numbered level above first.

Draining Heat (SU): At 2nd level, whenever you score a critical hit with your flame blast, the target takes 1 point of Strength damage, and 1 point of Constitution damage. They must have taken at least 1 point of damage from the attack for this effect to function.

Scalding Air (SP): At 3rd level, you gain the ability to push your foes back with superheated air three times per day. It is a ranged touch attack that requires no action and has a range of 10 feet. On a hit, the target is pushed back 15 feet and takes 2d10 fire damage. They can make a saving throw with a DC of 20 + your highest ability modifier to avoid being pushed back.

You can also use this power to deflect missile weapons. After the ranged attack roll is made, you can spend a free action to make a ranged touch attack of your own. If your roll exceeds that of the attacker, the arrow or other projectile is averted.

Burn Everything (SU): At 4th level, whenever you use a spell that deals fire damage and targets multiple creatures, all creatures damaged by the spell take an amount of fire damage equal to half the damage they took from the spell the next round.

Crippling Flame Blade (SU): Whenever you roll a natural 20 on an attack with your flame blade, the unlucky target takes 1d4 points of Constitution damage.

Ignite Foe (SU): Five times per day, after hitting with your flame blade, you can choose to ignite the target. When ignited, a creature takes 2d10 fire damage at the start of your turn for 1d4 rounds.

Swirling Fire (SP): Once per day, as a full-round action, you can surround yourself in a 10-foot aura of swirling fire that lasts for 2d4 rounds. At the start of your turn, all creatures within the aura takes 6d6 fire damage. This damage can be halved with a successful reflex save.

Burning Wound (SU): Whenever you are hit be a melee attack, the attacker must make a reflex save to avoid taking 2d6 fire damage. Flaming blood erupts from your injury and scorches your foe.

Fwacoom (SU): When you cast a spell that deals fire damage, for each creature effected, the spell does an extra 5 damage to each target. This effect can not increase the damage to any target by any more than 15.

Burn the Masses (SP): When you start your turn, each enemy within 15 feet must make a reflex with a DC equal to 20 + your highest ability modifier save to avoid taking 1d12 fore damage.You can suppress this power if you like, and you have to actively perceive a creature before it can by damaged by this effect.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For those of you who like to skim, I made a list of things the PrC gets that makes it awesome:

D8 hit die.
Full BAB.
A fire-based melee attack that functions as a scimitar and constantly gets better.
An at-will ranged touch attack that deals fire damage and constantly gets better.
Lots of powers that juice up fire attacks.
A couple of all-new fire attacks that are quite nasty, but can only be accessed at higher levels.
Good Fortitude and Reflex saves.
Average skill points.
Decent class skills.
Pretty easy entry requirements.

It was originally designed to be tier 3, but turned out closer to tier 2.

eftexar
2011-07-09, 10:28 PM
I really like this class and I think its abilities fit well together.
Scalding air is probably my favorite, but I think that it could use a progression in damage and distance pushed.
And as for the fire resistance, I would just grant immunity at the final level of this class.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-09, 10:31 PM
Pick me! Pick me! Can you make a prestige class and bloodline and perhaps archetype for blasty sorcerers?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-09, 10:38 PM
Pick me! Pick me! Can you make a prestige class and bloodline and perhaps archetype for blasty sorcerers?

I'll get to work on some blasty sorcerer options.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-09, 10:41 PM
Yay :smallsmile:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-10, 11:34 AM
PAINBRINGER BLOODLINE

Your mind trembles and spasms with charges of charges of irrational sadism. You are driven to lash out at other creatures by your own twisted mind, which claws at your soul and gnaws at your sanity. You inflict pain and death not only out of utility, but so that you might know release.

Class Skill: Intimidate.

Bonus Spells: Corrosive Touch (3rd), Mad Hallucination (5th), Pain Strike (7th), Terrible Remorse (9th), Symbol of Pain (11th), Eyebite (13th), Plague Storm (15th), Horrid Wilting (17th), Transmute Blood to Acid (19th).

Bloodline Acana: Whenever you cast a spell with the word "pain" in its name, the spell has a +5 bonus to overcome spell resistance, and the saving throw DC (in any) is increased by +5.

Bloodline Powers: The spark of blood lust flows through you and manifests in several different ways. You are immediately granted the ability to wrack creatures with agony just by touching them, and your power skyrockets from that point on.

Finger of Agony (SP): Starting at 1st level, you can inflict great pain with a touch of your finger. To do so, you must make a melee touch attack. It you hit, the target takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage and loses one of their actions on their next turn. You add a d6 to the damage dealt at every odd numbered level level after that.

Impervious (SU): Starting at 3rd level, you master your own body, rendering you immune to physical pain. Any nonlethal damage you take is halved, and you are immune to pain effects. You also gain an extra hit point, and another one at every even-numbered afterwards.

Wreck Body (SP): At 9th level, you gain the ability to torture a creature by making their flesh and bones warp beyond their natural limits. You giggle manically as they spasm and crumple to the floor. This power can be used a number of times a day equal to your charisma modafirer, can effect any creature within 50 feet, and deals 10d6 points of damage. A successful fortitude save with a DC equal to 10 + your Charisma modifier + half your sorcerer level can cut the damage in half.

Sadistic Rush (SU): At 15th level, whenever you deal more than 30 points of lethal or nonlethal damage with a spell, you can choose to either move up to you're speed, or take a standard action.

Insatiable Sadism (SU) At 20th level, whenever you deal lethal or nonlethal damage, you regain hit points equal to half the damage dealt. This ability can only come into action once per round.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-10, 03:26 PM
That's... awesome. The only problem that I can see with it, is that Sadistic Rush allows you to cast another spell, which can get another Sadistic Rush. Maybe make it once per round?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-10, 05:08 PM
That's... awesome. The only problem that I can see with it, is that Sadistic Rush allows you to cast another spell, which can get another Sadistic Rush. Maybe make it once per round?
I just fixed it. I'm going to do some spells now. Maybe some feats also.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-10, 05:59 PM
I just fixed it. I'm going to do some spells now. Maybe some feats also.

Thanks, Twilight. You're a very good person. I'm baking you a cookie now, and it shall be sent to you presently.

DiBastet
2011-07-10, 06:25 PM
Cool. Maybe I could request a less sucky than the actual Knightly prestige class? Some that doesn't use spellcasting or tob, instead giving good knightly abilities (maybe some different paths so it could work for several different orders?).

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-10, 08:12 PM
Cool. Maybe I could request a less sucky than the actual Knightly prestige class? Some that doesn't use spellcasting or tob, instead giving good knightly abilities (maybe some different paths so it could work for several different orders?).
Sure. I would love to.

I will make a knight base class that does not use stances, maneuvers, or spellcasting. It will have a focus on fighting multiple opponents, to feel heroic.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-10, 09:47 PM
Maybe you can help me with something i have been working on in pathfinder. Ive wanted a class that is fast and agile like a monk but can wield weapons with the skill of a fighter, specificly polearms. Ive worked a bit on it but only the bare basics, if you want to help GREAT! Use what you want, ignore what u want.

Weapon Master:
Wisdom AC-AC bonus-Movement bonus as monk
Weapon Specilization: light-1hand-2hand
Light: when using only light weapons you add your wisdom modifier to your attack bonus, to a maximum of half your class level.
At lvl 5 you gain sneak attack with light weapons equal to your class lvl -4.
1-hand: when using a 1 handed weapon and a open hand you may add your class level to a combat maneuver of your choice, at level 9 you add another combat maneuver and another at 16 and 20. You may choose from disarm ,trip, sunder, push/pull, and bull rush
2-hand: when using a 2 handed weapon
Weapon Tricks:

Bonus combat Feats: At lvl 1,4,8,12,16,20 you gain a bonus combat feat.

Signature Weapon: Gain weapon focus and specialization in a weapon at lvl 3.

Signature Weapon Improved: Gain improved weapon focus and specialization at lvl 8.

This is your project, so I would appreciate it you removed it from my thread and started your own. I may work on it when I have time, or perhaps work aspects of it into my other projects.

Rentaromon
2011-07-10, 10:15 PM
This is your project, so I would appreciate it you removed it from my thread and started your own. I may work on it when I have time, or perhaps work aspects of it into my other projects.

wow did not expect that responce. u said the main thing you wanted was requests so i gave you one. i realy havent worked on this idea at all i just threw some random ideas for a class that seems to be missing. if its not something you want to do then ill let it die.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-10, 10:59 PM
wow did not expect that responce. u said the main thing you wanted was requests so i gave you one. i realy havent worked on this idea at all i just threw some random ideas for a class that seems to be missing. if its not something you want to do then ill let it die.

Sorry. It seemed like you were posting a half-baked homebrew creation and asking for comments. If you were simply posting a list of ideas, I would be happy to help.

Rentaromon
2011-07-11, 12:06 AM
Sorry. It seemed like you were posting a half-baked homebrew creation and asking for comments. If you were simply posting a list of ideas, I would be happy to help.

id say it was 50% half-baked 50% list of ideas.

i had planned on doing something with the idea but i realy am not shure what i want to do with it. i was messing with the idea of special skills for the class like the rogue and barbarian has but there realy is no point when almost everything i could think of was already a feat.

one idea i thought up was some way to get BaB based feats earlyer, like he counts his BaB as +2 higher for feats or something.

if u want to help id be thankfull, if u dont ill leave u alone

Razgriez
2011-07-11, 05:40 AM
a bit of an ambitious request I have...

Any chance you can make a Base class, based very close to the Dragoon job class from Final Fantasy XI, which I fear you may hate me for this, will also need a Familiar that levels up, with the class (in the form of the little blue wyvern that tags along with the Dragoon)?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-11, 08:34 AM
a bit of an ambitious request I have...

Any chance you can make a Base class, based very close to the Dragoon job class from Final Fantasy XI, which I fear you may hate me for this, will also need a Familiar that levels up, with the class (in the form of the little blue wyvern that tags along with the Dragoon)?
Well you would certainly have to gave me more information, since I've never played any installment of Final Fantasy. If I knew more, I could probably do something for you.

Razgriez
2011-07-11, 12:41 PM
Well you would certainly have to gave me more information, since I've never played any installment of Final Fantasy. If I knew more, I could probably do something for you.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dragoon

That's pretty much the entire list of the Dragoon's Abilities from FF11

The quick, basic history of the Dragoon Class in Final Fantasy: Originally, little more than mounted knights who specialized in polearms (primarily spears and lances) essentially, akin to the type of mounted infantry unit in military history. Over time, they broke away from the historical reference, and became essentially knights who emulated Dragons (Typically the good/holy dragons, such as Bahumet) Their typical trademark abilities is wear Medium or heavy armors, wield Spear/lance like pole arms, depending on the game ((FFXI for example, pretty much let Dragoons wield just about any kind, including, spears, lances, naginatas, halberds, and so on and so forth. Essentially, if it could feasibly be used for primarily thrusting, as well as some slashing, and it was a blade on a stick and not a great axe or scythe. Dragoons used it.)

The Dragoon in FFXI, main role is a Damage Dealer, It hits stuff, along with it's little blue Wyvern buddy, deals damage, and builds up "Tactical Points" (TP) to unleash a Limit Break/Special attack known as a Weapon Skill. but thanks to it's Wyvern pet's unique nature, can take on a multi role purpose, depending on the sub job that was equipped.
Depending on the Sub job selected, a Dragoon's wyvern can either unleash elemental breath attacks, or Healing breaths that restore HP, or removes some Debuffs.

The most commonly seen special attack for Dragoon is "Jump" which lets them jump extremely fast high into the air, before plummeting down, spear first, to land on an enemy.

In FFXI, it takes this to a much further extreme, as of the most latest updates to the game, there are at least 5 different Jump abilities, each having a different effect, and 3 of which (Jump, High Jump, and Super Jump) which gain additional effects, while the Dragoon is under the effects of it's special desperation/Limit Break like ability, "Spirit Surge". The best way I can describe this, is that the Wyvern and Dragoon, merge their spirits temporarily, to turn things up to 11, and then some.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-12, 06:48 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091114200641/finalfantasy/images/b/ba/FFXI-Elvaan-Dragoon.jpg

DRAGOON (converted from some Final Fantasy game)
Dragoons utilize a unique fighting style that focuses on using bizarre arcane magic to jump very long distances so they can impale unsuspecting foes with tridents. They also keep adorable dragon pets that savagely maul their foes. For more information, see their Final Fantasy Wiki page (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dragoon_(Final_Fantasy_XI)).

Role: The job of a dragoon is to dish out large amounts of damage in a very short time, breaking up enemy ranks and crippling powerful foes. They use their magical jumping powers to get close to their enemies, at which point they stab them and then jump away before they can be hit. Meanwhile, their wyvern companions fly overhead and scour enemies with fire, making them easier targets. Dragoons are somewhat frail compared to barbarians and fighters, but make up for this with superior mobility and offensive power. It is intended to be somewhere between tier 2 and 3.

Hit Die: d8.

Starting Wealth: 2d10 x 10 gp, average 100 gp.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Trident, scale mail, chain mail, light shields, leather armor, padded armor.

CLASS SKILLS
The dragoon's class skills include Acrobatics, Climb, Intimidate, Heal, Ride, and Survival.
Skill Ranks Per Level: 4 + Int modifier.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Uncanny Jump, Trident Training, Wyvern

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Trident Mastery +1, Painful Stab

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Improved Jump, Unbalancing Trident

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Trident Mastery +2, Careful Jump

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Breath Synergy, Trident Defense

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+5|
+2|Trident Mastery +3, Devastating Trident

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+2|Whirling Entry

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+6|
+2|Trident Mastery +4, Manipulating Trident

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+3|Sacrifice Wyvern

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+7|
+3|Trident Mastery +5, Explosive Takeoff

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+7|
+3|Weakening Trident

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+8|
+4|Trident Mastery +6, Mind-Numbing Trident

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+8|
+4|Durable Wyvern

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+9|
+4|Trident Mastery +7, Enfeebling Trident

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+9|
+5|Blood-Letting Trident

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+10|
+5|Trident Mastery +8, Jarring Trident

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+10|
+5|Rewarding Trident

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+11|
+6|Trident Mastery +9, Brutal Trident

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+6|Persistent Trident

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+x|
+x|
+6|Trident Mastery +10, Avenging Trident[/table]

CLASS FEATURES
All of the following are class features of the Dragoon.

Trident Training (EX): You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with tridents.

Uncanny Jump (SP): As a move action you can use magic to leap up to your speed. You fly in a straight line 10 feet in the air. Taking off provokes an opportune attack from each adjacent enemy, but landing does not.

Wyvern (SU): A number of time per day equal to your charisma modifier, you can summon a wyvern to any space within 10 feet of where you are as a free action. It has a telepathic connection to you and obeys your every command. It stays for a number of rounds equal to your dragoon level before returning to its extra-planar home by default, but can by dismissed any time as a free action. If it is slain, it disappears and returns to life on its home plain, but cannot be summoned for the rest of the day.

It has the following statistics:

Tiny dragon
Init + your dragoon level
- - - - - - - - - -
DEFENSE
AC 13 + your dragoon level; touch and flatfooted -2
hp 10 + twice your dragoon level
Saves + your dragoon level
- - - - - - - - - -
OFFENSE
Melee claws + your dragoon level (1d4 + half your dragoon level)
Special Attacks breath
Speed fly 40
- - - - - - - - - -
STATISTICS
Str 7, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10
- - - - - - - - - -
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Breath (EX): Once for every time the wyvern is summoned, it can unleash a blast of fire on an unlucky foe within 10 feet as a standard action. The attack deals fire damage equal to 1d6 + your dragoon level, and can be halved by succeeding on a reflex save with a DC equal to 11 + your dragoon level.

Trident Mastery (EX): You gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls using tridents. This bonus increases by +1 at every odd-numbered level starting at 4th.

Painful Stab (EX): Whenever you roll the minimum possible amount of damage with your trident, you can re-roll the damage.

Improved Jump (SU): Your jump speed is increased by 10 feet.

Unbalancing Trident (EX): Foes you hit with your trident the same round you use your uncanny jump power lose all damage reduction and resistances for 1d4 rounds.

Careful Jump (EX): Your uncanny jump power does not provoke opportune attacks.

Breath Synergy (EX): You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls against creatures that have been damaged by your wyvern's breath during the last minute.

Trident Defense (EX): You gain a +2 bonus to AC while wielding a trident.

Devastating Trident (EX): Once per day, after hitting with your trident you can choose to do double the maximum possible damage instead of rolling for damage.

Whirling Entry (EX): After landing from an uncanny jump, you can choose to use your whirling entry power. If you do, all adjacent creatures must make a reflex save with a DC equal to 15 + half your dragoon level. If they fail, they take damage equal to your dragoon level. You must be welding a trident to do this.

Manipulating Trident (EX): After hitting a foe with your trident, you can choose to throw them. They must make a fortitude save with a DC equal to 20 + half your dragoon level. If they fail, they slide 5 feet in a direction of your choice.

Sacrifice Wyvern (SP): As a free action, you can make your wyvern explode. The wyvern dies, and each creature within 5 feet of it takes fire damage equal to 2d10 + your dragoon level. This damaged can be halved by succeeding on a reflex save with a DC equal to 20 + half your dragoon level.

Explosive Takeoff (SP): Whenever you use uncanny jump, you can choose to use your explosive takeoff power. If you do, each creature adjacent to where you started from must make a reflex save with a DC equal to 15 + half your dragoon level. If they fail, they are pushed back 5 feet and take fire damage equal to your dragoon level.

Weakening Trident (SP): Once par day, after hitting a creature with your trident, you can choose to have them take 1d6 Constitution damage.

Mind-Numbing Trident (SP): Once per day, after hitting a foe with your trident, you can choose to render them unable to use any spells or spell-like abilities for 1d4 rounds. They can avoid this effect by succeeding on a Will save with a DC equal to 20 + half your dragoon level.

Durable Wyvern (SP): When your wyvern takes damage for any reason other than you sacrificing it, you can choose to take the damage instead.

Enfeebling Trident (SP): Once per day, after hitting a creature with your trident, you can choose to have them take 1d6 Strength damage

Blood-Letting Trident (SP): Once per day, after hitting a foe with your trident, you can choose to deliver and awful bleeding wound. They take half the damage they too fro the attack at the start of your next turn. This does not include ability damage.

Jarring Trident (SP): Once per day, after hitting a foe with your trident, you can choose to have them take extra damage equal to twice your dragoon level.

Rewarding Trident (SP): Whenever you defeat a foe with your trident, you regain hit points equal to twice the number of hit dice they had.

Brutal Trident (SP): Whenever you score a critical hit with your trident, the target must make a fortitude save with a DC equal to 15 + Half your dragoon level. If they fail, they take an extra 100 points of damage.

Persistent Trident (SU): Whenever you miss a foe with your trident, you gain a +3 bonus on your next attack roll against them, so long as it happens before the end of your next turn.

Avenging Trident (SU): You gain a bonus to damage rolls with your trident equal to half the number of hit points you are below maximum.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-12, 06:54 PM
This class will be finished later.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091114200641/finalfantasy/images/b/ba/FFXI-Elvaan-Dragoon.jpg

DRAGOON (converted from some Final Fantasy game)
Dragoons utilize a unique fighting style that focuses on using bizarre arcane magic to jump very long distances so they can impale unsuspecting foes with tridents. They also keep adorable dragon pets that savagely maul their foes. For more information, see their Final Fantasy Wiki page (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dragoon_(Final_Fantasy_XI)).

Role: The job of a dragoon is to dish out large amounts of damage in a very short time, breaking up enemy ranks and crippling powerful foes. They use their magical jumping powers to get close to their enemies, at which point they stab them and then jump away before they can be hit. Meanwhile, their wyvern companions fly overhead and scour enemies with fire, making them easier targets. Dragoons are somewhat frail compared to barbarians and fighters, but make up for this with superior mobility and offensive power.

Hit Die: d8.

Starting Wealth: 2d10 x 10 gp, average 100 gp.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Trident, scale mail, chain mail, light shields, leather armor, padded armor.

CLASS SKILLS
The dragoon's class skills include Acrobatics, Climb, Intimidate, Heal, Ride, and Survival.
Skill Ranks Per Level: 4 + Int modifier.

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Uncanny Jump, Trident Training, Wyvern

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Trident Mastery +1, Painful Stab

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Improved Jump, Unbalancing Trident

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Trident Mastery +2, Careful Jump

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Breath Synergy, Trident Defense

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+5|
+2|Trident Mastery +3

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+2|Class Ability

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+6|
+2|Trident Mastery +4

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+3|Class Ability

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+7|
+3|Trident Mastery +5

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+7|
+3|Class Ability

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+8|
+4|Trident Mastery +6

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+8|
+4|Class Ability

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+9|
+4|Trident Mastery +7

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+9|
+5|Class Ability

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+10|
+5|Trident Mastery +8

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+10|
+5|Class Ability

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+11|
+6|Trident Mastery +9

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+6|Class Ability

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+x|
+x|
+6|Trident Mastery +10[/table]

CLASS FEATURES
All of the following are class features of the Dragoon.

Trident Training (EX): You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with tridents.

Uncanny Jump (SP): As a move action you can use magic to leap up to your speed. You fly in a straight line 10 feet in the air. Taking off provokes an opportune attack from each adjacent enemy, but landing does not.

Wyvern (SU): A number of time per day equal to your charisma modifier, you can summon a wyvern to any space within 10 feet of where you are as a free action. It has a telepathic connection to you and obeys your every command. It stays for a number of rounds equal to your dragoon level before returning to its extra-planar home by default, but can by dismissed any time as a free action. If it is slain, it disappears and returns to life on its home plain, but cannot be summoned for the rest of the day.

It has the following statistics:

Tiny dragon
Init + your dragoon level
- - - - - - - - - -
DEFENSE
AC 13 + your dragoon level; touch and flatfooted -2
hp 10 + twice your dragoon level
Saves + your dragoon level
- - - - - - - - - -
OFFENSE
Melee claws + your dragoon level (1d4 + half your dragoon level)
Special Attacks breath
Speed fly 40
- - - - - - - - - -
STATISTICS
Str 7, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10
- - - - - - - - - -
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Breath (EX): Once for every time the wyvern is summoned, it can unleash a blast of fire on an unlucky foe within 10 feet as a standard action. The attack deals fire damage equal to 1d6 + your dragoon level, and can be halved by succeeding on a reflex save with a DC equal to 11 + your dragoon level.

Trident Mastery (EX): You gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls using tridents. This bonus increases by +1 at every odd-numbered level starting at 4th.

Painful Stab (EX): Whenever you roll the minimum possible amount of damage with your trident, you can re-roll the damage.

Improved Jump (SU): Your jump speed is increased by 10 feet.

Unbalancing Trident (EX): Foes you hit with your trident the same round you use your uncanny jump power lose all damage reduction and resistances for 1d4 rounds.

Careful Jump (EX): Your uncanny jump power does not provoke opportune attacks.

Breath Synergy (EX): You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls against creatures that have been damaged by your wyvern's breath during the last minute.

Trident Defense (EX): You gain a +2 bonus to AC while wielding a trident.

That's pretty darn cool, dude.

Maho-Tsukai
2011-07-12, 07:00 PM
Could you perhaps make an ACF for me? Not an entire class, mind you, but rather an ACF for the wizard...the ACF in question would be made to allow the wizard to equal the Necro cleric in the undead animation department, and I would somehow want it to have the following things(though you can do whatever else you want with it, it just must have the following..):

-Full powered Rebuking. None of this "Rebukes of a cleric X levels lower then your class level" stuff. It must have rebuking totally on par with a cleric of a level equal to itself.

- Some way to obtain animate dead as a level 3 and desecrate as a level 2. This can be anything you can want as long as you are assured to get animate dead as a level 3 spell and desecrate as a level 2.

- Some way to get the spell General of Undeath easily.

- No dependence on Wisdom

Obviously, I want more with it then that, but those are what is absolutely necessary....however...if you don't feel an ACF is a big enough project then I would LOVE for you to brew up a Necromancer class that is a TIER 1 fullcaster who dose NOT use wisdom as it's casting stat...however, if your too swamped an ACF is perfectly fine by me.

So, would you be willing to take on one of those two projects for me?

Also...interesting class...if only there was stats for the Turks, Rufas, Kefka and Sephiroth...gives me an idea for a later request...

Shadow Lord
2011-07-12, 07:03 PM
Could you perhaps make an ACF for me? Not an entire class, mind you, but rather an ACF for the wizard...the ACF in question would be made to allow the wizard to equal the Necro cleric in the undead animation department, and I would somehow want it to have the following things(though you can do whatever else you want with it, it just must have the following..):

-Full powered Rebuking. None of this "Rebukes of a cleric X levels lower then your class level" stuff. It must have rebuking totally on par with a cleric of a level equal to itself.

- Some way to obtain animate dead as a level 3 and desecrate as a level 2. This can be anything you can want as long as you are assured to get animate dead as a level 3 spell and desecrate as a level 2.

- Some way to get the spell General of Undeath easily.

- No dependence on Wisdom

Obviously, I want more with it then that, but those are what is absolutely necessary....however...if you don't feel an ACF is a big enough project then I would LOVE for you to brew up a Necromancer class that is a TIER 1 fullcaster who dose NOT use wisdom as it's casting stat...however, if your too swamped an ACF is perfectly fine by me.

So, would you be willing to take on one of those two projects for me?

Also...interesting class...if only there was stats for the Turks, Rufas, Kefka and Sephiroth...gives me an idea for a later request...

You might wanna also ask for a way to increase the amount of undead your can have animated with Animate Dead, ala Dread Necromancer, perhaps.

Maho-Tsukai
2011-07-12, 07:08 PM
True, but I want him to have creative freedom, here...and the deathbound domain power can do that already. Thus, if we are making an ACF(which is what those criteria where for) you could potentially stack the homebrew ACF with the domain powers ACF to swap your bonus feats for domain powers, allowing you to nab the deathbound domain's granted power. There is a 3rd party PrC for arcane casters that grants a weak rebuke if you don't already have rebuke but advances rebuke if you already have it. Taking these two ACFs plus that could get you a perfect arcane necro who is in no way inferior to the cleric necromancy-wise, and since you PrC'ed you won't miss your other bonus feats..

However, if Twilight Muse wants to make a whole class out if this then yes, a way to increase controllable HD would be awesome.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-12, 07:12 PM
True, but I want him to have creative freedom, here...and the deathbound domain power can do that already. Thus, if we are making an ACF(which is what those criteria where for) you could potentially stack the homebrew ACF with the domain powers ACF to swap your bonus feats for domain powers, allowing you to nab the deathbound domain's granted power. There is a 3rd party PrC for arcane casters that grants a weak rebuke if you don't already have rebuke but advances rebuke if you already have it. Taking these two ACFs plus that could get you a perfect arcane necro who is in no way inferior to the cleric necromancy-wise, and since you PrC'ed you won't miss your other bonus feats..

However, if Twilight Muse wants to make a whole class out if this then yes, a way to increase controllable HD would be awesome.

However, why aim for a Necromancer on par with a Cleric-Necromancer? If this is to be an ACF that is a Wizard specialized in the Death to Undeath part of Necromancy, why not make them superior to the Cleric-Necromancer?

Maho-Tsukai
2011-07-12, 07:16 PM
Because I want him to remain tier 1, that's why. Give the ACF TOO MUCH power and it may require drawbacks that knock it down a tier. I'd rather then be equal to the cleric at necromancy and tier 1 then better then the cleric at it and tier 2-tier 3. If I wanted the latter a class for that already exists, it's called the Dread Necromancer. :smallwink:

Shadow Lord
2011-07-12, 07:22 PM
Because I want him to remain tier 1, that's why. Give the ACF TOO MUCH power and it may require drawbacks that knock it down a tier. I'd rather then be equal to the cleric at necromancy and tier 1 then better then the cleric at it and tier 2-tier 3. If I wanted the latter a class for that already exists, it's called the Dread Necromancer. :smallwink:

Cleric is actually superior to the Dread Necromancer, because of certain Domain abilities. And it makes me ANGRY!:smallannoyed:

Maho-Tsukai
2011-07-12, 07:25 PM
No, the Dread Necromancer is clearly better then the cleric at ANIMATION. His army will be larger, end of story. However, if you really want to see a wizard ACF that makes him better at the cleric in regards to undead animation then I suppose I can add that to my request.

So for Twilight Muse, consider that an addition to my request.

DiBastet
2011-07-12, 08:41 PM
Hm, fighting multiple opponents? That seems extremely interesting. I will wait for it.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-12, 09:32 PM
My hands are a little full with the dragoon at the moment, and I have also received requests to make a weaponmaster PrC and some blasty sorcerer options. I will consider making a necromancer that is on par with th necro cleric once all that is out of the way.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-12, 09:45 PM
I just added a bit to the dragoon. I have more coming in a bit. I plan to finish it today.

Rentaromon
2011-07-12, 11:28 PM
impressive skill man, you make complet classes faster than i can make a complete race!

i have tried to add more to the weapon master idea but i realy dont know how i want it to work. one option is give him even faster than 1 BaB per level and a huge amount of combat feats, but then he becomes more like a more powerfull fighter and i want him to be a different option not a better option.

so in short im not shure how i would go about makeing the class.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-12, 11:41 PM
impressive skill man, you make complet classes faster than i can make a complete race!

I'm still not done the class. In fact, I still have more than 10 levels to do. I realized that I won't actually be finished it today, and I may or may not have it done tomorrow.

Rentaromon
2011-07-13, 12:34 PM
I'm still not done the class. In fact, I still have more than 10 levels to do. I realized that I won't actually be finished it today, and I may or may not have it done tomorrow.

i was talking about your work with the dragoon idea. and take as much time as u want to finish the weaponmaster, im not in any hurry.

OracleofSilence
2011-07-18, 12:56 PM
how about a dedicated gishing class? in particular, something based off of unarmed tanking with a focus on one elemental damage effect (fire, electricity, acid, or cold). Should be based around a finite but regenerating power source (read encounter powers).

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-19, 04:19 PM
I added more stuff to the dragoon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11403452&postcount=20). Sorry abou the delay. I'm having some computer issues.

VarianArdell
2011-07-19, 05:42 PM
I have a relatively simple request: a reworked Fleshwarper, focused on outsiders instead of aberrations.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-24, 05:09 PM
I just made another Dragoon update. Any comments?

Togath
2011-07-24, 08:22 PM
The power level of the class looks fair, and is fairly well laid out, the proficiencies are formatted a bit odd though, usually a class lists light armor, medium armor or heavy armor, rather then individual types of armor, and most classes have access to more than a single weapon(even a wizard has a few), though I do understand that they mainly used tridents in FF, in dnd having them use all spear/trident weapons or all weapons with a long shaft(polearms + trident, & small spears) would probably work better, also if you want to limit the armor list people usually say no metal armor, or no leather armor, or similar descriptions. One thing that could use a little work is the str and con damage abilities, making them usable 2/day or 3/day could make them perform better, as many high level enemies have 18-20 in str or con, and a fair number have even more.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-25, 09:33 PM
One thing that could use a little work is the str and con damage abilities, making them usable 2/day or 3/day could make them perform better, as many high level enemies have 18-20 in str or con, and a fair number have even more.

I want playing a Dragoon to be a balancing act. If you can use a power many times, you won't think carefully before using it. I will, instead, upgrade the ability damage to 1d6.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-25, 10:17 PM
I just finished the Dragoon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11403452&postcount=20), and made a few revisions.

Rentaromon
2011-07-26, 10:16 AM
i have put a lot more work into my weapon master idea, so if u dont want to work on it thats fine.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-26, 01:14 PM
i have put a lot more work into my weapon master idea, so if u dont want to work on it thats fine.

I was busy recently, but now I have time to work on it. It will be the next thing I put up.

Rentaromon
2011-07-27, 05:58 PM
I was busy recently, but now I have time to work on it. It will be the next thing I put up.

well thats good news, looking forward to it.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-29, 12:14 AM
WEAPON MASTER

"You may win a thousand fights, but you can only lose one!"
- Drizzt Do'Urden, Drow Weaponmaster

Weapon Masters are all fighters could ever hope to be. They have utterly perfected the use of a single choice weapon, which has become an extension of their very body. Their soul thrums with the dance of battle, and their mind is a razor-sharp weapon.

They are a damage-focused Prestige Class with signiture better-than-high Base Attack Bonus. They also have the ability to get phenomenally good with a single type of weapon.

Role: Weapon Masters are very good at fighting against single foes. Their bonus to damage helps them get through damage reduction, and wear away foes with giant sacks of hit points more quickly. Their phenomenal base attack bonus and Accurate Strike power also greatly help them surpass the high armor class of high level foes.

Alignment: Since becoming a Weapon Master requires great discipline and focus, they tend towards lawful alignments. Chaotic Weapon Masters still exist, most notably Drizzt Do'Urden.

Hit Die: d10

REQUIREMENTS

To become a Weapon Master, a character must fulfill the following criteria:

Base Attack Bonus: +6.
Feats: Weapon Focus.

CLASS SKILLS

The pyromaniac's class skills are the same as that of a Fighter.
Skill Points Per Level: 4 + Int Modifier

1st|
+2|
+2|
+2|
+0|Chosen Weapon +1, Accurate Strike

2nd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+0|Chosen Weapon +2, Bonus Feat

3rd|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+1|Chosen Weapon +3, Deep Wound

4th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Chosen Weapon +4, Bonus Feat

5th|
+6/+1|
+4|
+4|
+1|Chosen Weapon +5, Defensive Strike

6th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+2|Chosen Weapon +6, Bonus Feat

7th|
+8/+3|
+5|
+5|
+2|Chosen Weapon +7, Staggering Strike

8th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+2|Chosen Weapon +8, Bonus Feat

9th|
+10/+5|
+6|
+6|
+3|Chosen Weapon +9, Crippling Strike

10th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+7|
+3|Chosen Weapon +10, Bonus Feat[/table]

CLASS FEATURES:

The following are the class features of the Weapon Master prestige class.

Chosen Weapon (EX): At first level, you must choose a specific type of weapon (such as shortsword or greataxe). This is your chosen weapon. You gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with it, and an additional +1 for every level above first.

Accurate Strike (EX): Once per day, before rolling an attack with your chosen weapon, you can declare you that you use your Accurate Strike power. You may then roll the attack twice, and use your favorite result.

Bonus Feat (EX): You gain an additional Combat Feat at every even-numbered level.

Deep Wound (EX): Once per day, before making an attack roll with your chosen weapon, you can declare that you use your Deep Wound power. If the attack hits, you may roll for damage twice, and use your favorite result.

Defensive Strike (EX): Once per day, before making an attack roll with your chosen weapon, you can declare that you use your Defensive Strike power. If the attack hits, you gain a +3 circumstance bonus to AC and a circumstance +1 bonus to saving throws until the start of your next turn.

Staggering Strike (EX): Once per day, before making an attack roll with your chosen weapon, you can declare that you use your Staggering Strike power. If the attack hits, the target is staggered for 1d4 turns.

Crippling Strike (EX): Once per day, before making an attack roll with your chosen weapon, you can declare that you use your Crippling Strike power. If the attack hits, it is automatically considered to be a critical hit.

Rentaromon
2011-07-29, 10:06 AM
i like it! with your chosen weapon you will have great damage output, i only have 2 small concerns.

the bab is greater by 1, i think it might need a bit more, maybe make it a progression of 1.25 per level, so it would go: 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,10,11,12

the other thing is the damage per hit would have a huge bonus for a fighter who specializes in 2 weapon fighting, but not as much for a guy who wants to use 1 big weapon making 1 big strike per turn. maybe make the damage when using a 2 handed weapon greater?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-29, 11:21 AM
I just made some Weapon Master updates, although I'm probably not done. What do you think?

Shadow Lord
2011-07-29, 11:23 AM
Gosh Dang It, Twilight Muse, stop being so awesome! :smallwink:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-29, 11:29 AM
Gosh Dang It, Twilight Muse, stop being so awesome! :smallwink:

I get that a lot.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-29, 11:32 AM
Any particular reason that Weaponmaster is strictly superior to Fighter?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-29, 11:32 AM
Any particular reason that Weaponmaster is strictly superior to Fighter?

Because otherwise, a fighter wouldn't take it.

Also, compared to the Pathfinder Fighter, which is what it is the really meant to be used with, the Weapon Master isn't all that overpowered.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-29, 11:35 AM
Touché, Twilight. Touché. Perhaps give a small negative to weapons other than the focused weapon? To represent the devotion that the Master gives to that one weapon.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-29, 01:08 PM
Perhaps give a small negative to weapons other than the focused weapon? To represent the devotion that the Master gives to that one weapon.

That would be a kick in the teeth to duel-welders, who would suddenly have an extra penalty with one of their weapons.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-29, 01:14 PM
Ah. In that case, nevermind. This is why I don't homebrew :smallwink:

Maho-Tsukai
2011-07-29, 04:53 PM
Just to let you know I'm still following this thread and it's still full of awesome things. I also, when you have the time, am interested in that Necromancy-related request I made earlier in the thread.

zolga
2011-07-29, 06:19 PM
I accidentaly just made a base class using a similiar chosen weapon system

anyway i just wanted to say i am impressed by the homebrew on this thread

good job

M00Boy
2011-08-06, 06:19 PM
Try as I might I can't seem to find a prestige class beneficial to the Summoner. I don't know if they feel it is powerful enough or just have not gotten around to it but I would love some boosts to my Eidolon even if it costs me my summon monster ability. And there are so few feats based for the summoner while there were more than enough for the Alchemist and Witch. Maybe it's an oversight but if you have anything to offer I would greatly appreciate it.

Amechra
2011-08-06, 11:23 PM
Can I have a PrC for my Librarian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188294) class? Only request beyond that is that it dual progresses Rote Erudition with something that isn't spellcasting or initiating.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-08-07, 11:16 AM
I just revised the format of the Pyromaniac (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11384803&postcount=2) to correspond with that in the Core Rulebook. I will soon do the same to the Weapon Master.

TravelLog
2011-08-12, 01:19 PM
Hey! This looks great, so i'd like to toss in two requests if you have the time.

The first is for a base class based around the idea of "Learning through Consumption". Basically, I'd like to play a class that starts off as something of a bard/rogue that uses Shadow Magic to absorb knowledge/power/skills/spells etc. from defeating opponents (maybe through application of a specific technique) and then either keeps those abilities or converts them into something else that improves the class. For example, maybe by killing a powerful druid character, it gains a watered-down version of the Wild Shape power (maybe it gains a nature ability or a single transformation from a weaker druid kill or from a creature) or gains a Psionic power from killing a Psion or weak Psionic creature (maybe something better from killing an Illithid). Basically, the stronger the foe, the better the gain. If possible, also recommend a race/build options, but if that is hoping for too much, then don't worry about it.

The second homebrew is for a class for a character I'd like to model after Jarlaxle Baenre from R.A. Salvatore's Forgotten Realms novels. Go nuts with this one and have fun.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-08-12, 02:42 PM
Hey! This looks great, so i'd like to toss in two requests if you have the time.

The first is for a base class based around the idea of "Learning through Consumption". Basically, I'd like to play a class that starts off as something of a bard/rogue that uses Shadow Magic to absorb knowledge/power/skills/spells etc. from defeating opponents (maybe through application of a specific technique) and then either keeps those abilities or converts them into something else that improves the class. For example, maybe by killing a powerful druid character, it gains a watered-down version of the Wild Shape power (maybe it gains a nature ability or a single transformation from a weaker druid kill or from a creature) or gains a Psionic power from killing a Psion or weak Psionic creature (maybe something better from killing an Illithid). Basically, the stronger the foe, the better the gain. If possible, also recommend a race/build options, but if that is hoping for too much, then don't worry about it.

The second homebrew is for a class for a character I'd like to model after Jarlaxle Baenre from R.A. Salvatore's Forgotten Realms novels. Go nuts with this one and have fun.

I'm somewhat busy right now taking care of two needy dogs and working on my own homebrew world, but I think I might be able to work on the second request soon. Mostly because I love Jarlaxle (but in a strictly heterosexual way, not that there is anything wrong with the alternative).

TravelLog
2011-08-12, 03:23 PM
Thanks. I mean, Jarlaxle is basically the definition of win.

Edit: also, since we both love Jarlaxle, I'd like the PrC to be somewhere on the range of Tier 1-Tier 2 (could be Tier 1, could be in-between, etc.). Also, been browsing the other creations...you rock at this.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-08-12, 05:27 PM
I just updated the format of the Weapon Master (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11519954&postcount=45).

The Jarlaxle-based PrC is a huge endeavor, and it is sure to take a while.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-08-31, 11:56 AM
I'm really sorry about the delay on the Jarlaxle PrC. I started working on it, and then my power went out, undoing my work.

Noxsis
2011-08-31, 12:08 PM
can you please do a assimir/tiefling equivalent for psycopomps. please and thank you

TravelLog
2011-08-31, 12:40 PM
I'm really sorry about the delay on the Jarlaxle PrC. I started working on it, and then my power went out, undoing my work.

It's alright. Whenever you get a chance.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-08-31, 10:32 PM
The Jarlaxle PrC, called the Deus Ex Machina, is about half done. I hope to finish it before bed.

TravelLog
2011-08-31, 10:42 PM
Awesome, can't wait to see it.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-08-31, 10:42 PM
This is what I have so far. Its very rough, but theoretically playable.

DEUS EX MACHINA

"Do not underestimate Jarlaxle. Many have; they all are dead.
- Artemis Entreri, referring to a Deus Ex Machina

"Luck? Perhaps. But more often, I dare to say, luck is simply the advantage a true warrior gains in excuting the correct course of action."
- Drizzt, missing the point

Some people have the seemingly magical ability to solve problems. When all seems grim, their eyes light up and they pull a seemingly magical solution out of their belt. They are more than just lucky. They are cunning, resourceful, prepared, quick-witted, and nimble. They are the Deus Ex Machina.

Role: Deus Ex Machina are skill monkeys. They have lots of skill points, a phenomenal skill set, and powers that temporarily boost skills. Their great improvisation skills and hard-to-kill-ness makes them decent combatants, and they have the potential to be great spellcasters.

Alignment: Deus Ex Machina tend towards Chaotic alignments.

Hit Die: d8

REQUIREMENTS

To become a Deus Ex Machina, a character must fulfill the following criteria:

Base Attack Bonus: +3.
Skill Points The character must have a total of at least 70 skill points.

CLASS SKILLS

The Deus Ex Machina's class skills include eight skills of their choice.
Skill Points Per Level: 8 + Int Modifier

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Summon Mundane Item|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Saved By the -|

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Cunning Trick|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Exploit Weakness|

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Flame Blast 6d6, Crippling Flame Blade, Fire Resistance 15|+1 level of existing spellcasting class[/table]

CLASS FEATURES:

The following are the class features of the Deus Ex Machina prestige class.

Summon Mundane Item (EX): A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, you can summon a mundane item of a value of 50gp or less as a free action. When you do this, it appears about your person. This is not a magical ability, because you have always been carrying it.

Saved By the - (EX): A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, after being hit by an attack, you can choose to reduce the damage by an ammount equal to your Charisma score. It is assumed that some strange item under your clothing took the brunt of your attack, you happened to know of a way of avoiding that particular attack for some obscure reason, or something similar. Essentially, you are saved by infuriating luck.

Cunning Trick (EX): You always seem to have just the right tool for the job in every situation. A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, you pull out a funky little tool and gain a +5 circumstance bonus on your next skill check. The tool breaks after use, but you usually have something equally useful up your sleeve.

Spontaneous Logic (EX): A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, you suddenly have a brilliant idea when all seems lost. For 1d4 rounds, you and all allies that can hear you gain a +1 bonus to all dice rolls.

Exploit Weakness (EX): A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, after hitting with an attack, you can choose to make the target suffer 1d4 negative levels. You somehow know the Achilles Heel of this particular foe, and use it to your advantage.

TravelLog
2011-08-31, 10:51 PM
Looks good so far, though if possible, I'd like it to be 10 levels, and perhaps rename it the Cunning Mercenary? Deus Ex Machina seems a little cliche...

Will they be able to add Cha to damage rolls also?

Love the opener quotes by the way!
"Saved By The--" is definitely my favorite so far haha.

indieninja
2011-12-28, 11:37 AM
can you possibly make me a pathfinder gypsy? like a bard/rogue type character with a bit of naturish things? :redcloak:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-12-28, 12:18 PM
can you possibly make me a pathfinder gypsy? like a bard/rogue type character with a bit of naturish things? :redcloak:

You want me to stat you up a character?

Roxxy
2011-12-28, 02:20 PM
Are you willing to make Pathfinder class archetypes? I would very much like a gun rogue archetype.

Master Thrower
2011-12-28, 07:40 PM
Hello, if at all possible I would like a ten level PrC, for arcanists looking to summon Dragons and the like. Kinda like an alienist, but better and for Dragons (also if it could be geared towards both wizards and sorcerers, and not just sorcerer like most dragon based PrC, that would be great)

Sir. Hammerlot
2013-12-26, 05:58 PM
Hey I was wondering if you would make a class that is a charging class. It can charge through everything and everyone. Thanks if you do it.:smallbiggrin:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2013-12-26, 08:10 PM
Hey I was wondering if you would make a class that is a charging class. It can charge through everything and everyone. Thanks if you do it.:smallbiggrin:

This thread is old. I mean, really old. I hand't expected anyone to ever look at it again. I'm sorry, but I don't really do 3.5 homebrew anymore. I'm sure someone else who is better than I ever was can do it.

JonathonWilder
2014-10-04, 10:39 AM
This thread is old. I mean, really old. I hand't expected anyone to ever look at it again. I'm sorry, but I don't really do 3.5 homebrew anymore. I'm sure someone else who is better than I ever was can do it.
How about Pathfinder homebrews?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2014-10-07, 03:04 PM
How about Pathfinder homebrews?

I don't play D&D 3.5 anymore, and hardly even remember it. This thread is dead and buried. To unearth it is to dig up a figurative corpse.