View Full Version : Wildshape Ranger into MoMF

Master Thrower
2011-07-09, 11:34 PM
So i'm entering a party of 3, a standard battlefield control wizard, a melee cleric, and a twf rogue with a PrC that is undecided as of now. I was thinking of playing as a wildshape ranger into Master of Many Forms. We are ECL 7, what are the best forms/feats I should take for my character?

kharmakazy
2011-07-09, 11:48 PM
Hengeyokai
Warblade4/ Warshaper 3/ ShapeShifter1/MoMF 7/Warshaper 2/ X 3

Wait.. I don't think that's what you asked.

Assume supernatural ability?

Morbis Meh
2011-07-09, 11:51 PM
Well another prestige class you may want to look into is Warshaper from Complete Warrior. As for general build I recommend Ranger 5/MoMF 3/Warshaper 2/MoMF 7/Warshaper 3

Feats:
Frozen Wildshape (Frostburn)
Exalted Wildshape (Book of Exalted deeds if you're playing a good character)
Draconic Wildshape (Dracomicon)
Improved Trip
Combat Reflexes
Elephant Hide
Large and in Charge (if your DM allows it)

Shapes: Cave Troll, Cryohydra, and War Troll

Coidzor
2011-07-09, 11:53 PM
I'm-a just leave this here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206599)

Wildshape Ranger 5/ Master of Many Forms 7/ Warshaper 4/ MoMF 1/ WSRanger or Nature's Warrior 1/ MoMF 2, in that order.

Ranger 5/ MoMF 4 is the absolute minimum level to jump out at, because there you get Cave Troll (MM3) which is the first of your three strongest forms. You'll want Frozen Wild Shape from Frostburn to gain access to Cryohydras, but you need Huge size to use it so Ranger 5/ MoMF 6. At the very next level you get the Hydra's fast healing, the Cave Troll's fast healing, and you get War Troll (MM3) along with its unmatched combat prowess, DR, SR, and Regeneration. Therefore, Ranger 5/ MoMF 7 is what you want as early as possible.

Feat selection with the above build (assuming human) should be Combat Reflexes, Power Attack, Alertness, Leap Attack, Frozen Wild Shape, Robilar's Gambit, (any feat), and Defensive Sweep. That WSRanger or Nature's Warrior 1 level is to get the BAB prerequisite for Defensive Sweep at 18th level. You don't want to trade out the Ranger spellcasting for any ACFs because you'll be preparing Rhino's Rush and even getting 1st level Pearls of Power to cast it more often. Warshaper 5 is typically not worth getting, you can Wild Shape more than enough times/day and that level doesn't improve your BAB or any of your saves, so it's best left until the epic levels when it will advance your epic progressions.

At level 12 you can take the form of a 12-headed Cryohydra, get its Fast Healing 22 and 12-bite AoO, and with Robilar's Gambit you'll get to make 12 bites against anyone who attacks you. Also at level 12 you get War Troll form, and you can destroy opponents with Power Attack and Leap Attack and Rhino's Rush using a big two-handed weapon, and that happens to be your best form for places the Hydra won't fit even at 20th level.

In the lower levels you have Combat Reflexes and Power Attack, so use a Glaive with Armor Spikes. You can Wild Shape into a Fleshraker dinosaur at 5th+, and that's actually going to be one of your better choices until you get Cave Troll at 9th. You'll most likely want to stick to Cave Troll until 12th level, and then switch to War Troll and Cryohydra. Everything after that is just to make those forms better, which is what Warshaper is for. It's not worth taking Warshaper earlier and being stuck with sub-par forms.