PDA

View Full Version : Feats for druid caster,plz help!!!

Kornilios
2011-07-10, 08:10 AM
I want to make druid that focuses more to his spells tha his other class abilities.I was searching for feats and thinking about natural spell and eschew materials.Can you suggest more feats for casting?All sourcebooks available

Xtomjames
2011-07-10, 08:57 AM
Have you checked the feat's index on wizards website? You can do a direct search and find all spell related casting feats with them. Its hard to just suggest feats when I don't know what level you're at.

Urpriest
2011-07-10, 08:58 AM
Spell Focus Conjuration and Augment Summoning are good choices (the one as a prereq for the other). If you're higher level, Extend and Quicken are both very nice.

SleepyBadger
2011-07-10, 09:58 AM
As Urpriest suggested it's a good idea to focus on summoning spells. I don't know what setting you play in but Rashemi Elemental Summoning (FR Unapproachable East) is quite nice at higher levels and does not require the virtually useless Spell Focus (Conjuration) as a prerequisite. Or you could go for Energy Substitution if you want to be a blaster. If the campaign allows you the odd breather you can pick up Craft Wondrous Item for the sole purpose of creating Wilding Clasps (MIC) so that you can use all your wondrous items in animal form. Or if you really want to cheese your spellcasting and have the sufficient Charisma take Quicken Spell and take a level of cleric to qualify for Divine Metamagic (Quicken Spell).

Dr.Epic
2011-07-10, 10:03 AM
Spell Focus Conjuration and Augment Summoning are good choices (the one as a prereq for the other).

Yeah, I've taken those. I can't really see a flaw with it since you can just convert any spell to summon, but at higher levels is the +4 str and con worth 2 feats? Maybe I'm just over thinking it and nitpicking. It's still a good choice though.

Also, Natural Spell is pretty much required if you want to be a functional druid.

HappyBlanket
2011-07-10, 10:15 AM
If you're going to be summoning, Rapid Spell from Complete Divine can reduce the casting time of summons to a standard action. Maybe Imbued Summoning from PHB2, which has the prerequisites of Spell Focus: Conjuration and Augment Summoning, listed above.

And again, Natural Spell is required.

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-10, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I've taken those. I can't really see a flaw with it since you can just convert any spell to summon, but at higher levels is the +4 str and con worth 2 feats? Maybe I'm just over thinking it and nitpicking. It's still a good choice though.

Also, Natural Spell is pretty much required if you want to be a functional druid.

If you summon from the lower lists with a higher spell, you can get between 2 and 5 creatures with +4 Str and Con, so that's an effective +8 to +20 Str and Con for two feats. I think it's worth it, in my opinion, but it really depends on what you'll be using your summons for. (Not necessary if you're using them as flankers, damage-bait or scouts, but it can help if you actually want them to dps and tank)

Another helpful feat is Ashbound. (Eberron Campaign Setting) It grants a free Extend spell to all your summons, as well as a +3 luck bonus to all their attack rolls. Incredibly helpful at lower levels and makes summoning very viable at higher levels.

SleepyBadger
2011-07-10, 10:26 AM
You might also check out Fell Drain from Libris Mortis. Never tried it myself but draining levels with a spell like a simple Produce Flame sounds really good to me.