PDA

View Full Version : Need Help and a challenge.

BoutsofInsanity
2011-07-10, 09:21 AM
SUP PLAYERS IN THE PLAYGROUND,

K in a low optimized campaign, I mean really low, as in a fighter is still useful low, I want to run a fighter, or paliden character. I would like assistence in picking feats and stuff for the concept I have. The challenge is this. I give you guys the concept, yall help me build him in the constraints of the concept.
TOB is not allowed, most others are fair game I believe,

My hero is an elf, he needs to be a martial hero, like a paliden, fighter, not a barbarian, a cleric is ok, but only as a last resort because I would rather stay away from casting if I can. I have two destinations I am willing to go towards.

I would like to try for the Warlord Class style of play in fourth eddition but in three and a half. Or for a guy who melee's it out with big bad evil monsters. Preferably in heavy armor as well. Again, the players are all new to three.five and the dm is chill, so even if I played a straight fighter I will still be useful, Im asking for you guys to help try for these concepts Ive listed.

The rest of the party is a rogue/assassin, a barbarian, maybe a monk, a bard, and then me. Again, the tactics guy would be somthing I would really like to see.

big teej
2011-07-10, 01:32 PM
as the DM for this campaign, here's the books we have to work with

DMG 3.0 and 3.5
DMG II
PHB I and II
Monster Manual I, II, III
BOVD
BOED
A&EG
Races of STone
Unearthed Arcana
Dieties and Demigods
Psionic handbook
Expanded Psionics Handbook
Oriental Adventures
CityScape
Magic of Incarnum
Song and Silence
Sword and Fist
Masters of the Wild
Tome and Blood
Enemies and Allies
Defenders of the Faith

and to clarify slightly on party composition
the party is 5th level

we have

Dwarf Rogue - plans on going into a "good" version of the assassin
Human Barbarian - plans to remain "stuck in" no prc plans at this time
Elf Cleric - may be replaced by another character soon, primarily heal/buff bot
Dwarf Barbarian - Deceased, likely to be replaced by a bard
Tiefling Duskblade - is GOING to be replaced by this character.