PDA

View Full Version : Planar Shepherd for Krynn

Stront
2011-07-10, 02:04 PM
I was looking at playing a Planar Shepherd in Krynn and obviously had to tweak and nerf it a bit to make it realistic. Here are a few of my thoughts and I would appreciate some feedback.

• Instead of Nightbringer or Greensinger Initiate; substitute with Gatekeeper Initiate which better fits Habbakuk in Dragonlance. Also, you get Knowledge (Planes) as Druid skill, which is a requirement of Planar Shepherd.

• Obviously no spells (i.e. cast as x, not allowed)

• Turn into elemental/outsider but ½ HD of my current HD round up. Full HD broken.

• Replace Detect Manifest Zone (Sp) at will (not applicable out of Eberron) with Analyze Portal (Sp) at will.

• Replace Intensify Manifest Zone (Sp) 1/day (not applicable out of Eberron) with Attune Form 2/day (IMZ is 7th level spell, AF 3rd level so felt an extra time a day was fair).

• Animal Companion can be from attuned plane without penalty, must be magical beast equivalent to animal on material plane (i.e. celestial wolf as opposed to wolf).

Also, as an added question, would I be correct in assuming that the Dome of Creation would basically be like Elysium out of the DMG? Seems to be the most similar plane of existence in Krynn.

Stront
2011-07-10, 08:01 PM
Any DMs out there able to comment on this? I'm just wondering if this makes it a more game friendly PrC as opposed to just plain silly.

Stront
2011-07-11, 06:02 PM
Anyone? Could really use some input before I pitch it to my GM.

Urpriest
2011-07-11, 06:30 PM
You'll want to rephrase that last one: a celestial wolf is not an animal.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-11, 07:26 PM
The biggest thing you should do is get rid of its casting rather than half HD; then its abilities (without time shenanigans) stay equal to a normal Druids.

Stront
2011-07-11, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=Tvtyrant;11396437]The biggest thing you should do is get rid of its casting rather than half HD; then its abilities (without time shenanigans) stay equal to a normal Druids.[/QUOTE

I dumped all casting just kept spell-like abilities. For example, if I became a Trumpet Archon I will not cast as a 14th level cleric

I felt that full HD was a bit broken as a 14th level character I could turn into a Planetar with Regeneration/10, immunities, teleport, SR 30 and an AC ending up around 43. Felt this was too much for that level.

Stront
2011-07-11, 08:00 PM
The biggest thing you should do is get rid of its casting rather than half HD; then its abilities (without time shenanigans) stay equal to a normal Druids.

Good point; I guess that would be a magical beast then. I will change the wording to magical beast equivalent to animal on material plane.

Urpriest
2011-07-11, 08:08 PM
Good point; I guess that would be a magical beast then. I will change the wording to magical beast equivalent to animal on material plane.

Even then though, I don't really think the class needs the buff. Even with what you're giving it it's still an exceptional class, and there are feats and ACFs that give you that same benefit anyway, might as well make them spend resources for the privilege like everyone else.

Stront
2011-07-11, 08:18 PM
Even then though, I don't really think the class needs the buff. Even with what you're giving it it's still an exceptional class, and there are feats and ACFs that give you that same benefit anyway, might as well make them spend resources for the privilege like everyone else.

Noted, not a deal breaker by any means. Wanted it more for flavor and storyline but wouldn't throw a fit if GM says, "No." Thanks for your input.