PDA

View Full Version : Magic Items on a Budget: 1000 GP or Less

Enix18
2011-07-10, 02:40 PM
I'm looking for a good, non-expendable magic item for only 1000 gp or less. I know that severely limits the selection, but any sourcebook (from 3E, v3.5, or Pathfinder) is acceptable.

I should perhaps add that my character is a sort of battle-dancer-slash-cleric, so something to boost spellcasting or mobile combat would be helpful—but really, anything of general adventuring use would be nice.

So: can you help me get a good magic item on a budget?

Flickerdart
2011-07-10, 03:19 PM
A Healing Belt (750gp) is great, but not so useful for a Cleric. Still, it's probably the best thing you can get for that money short of a Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker, which is only 500gp and gives you 1/day movement as a swift action. Buy two.

Re'ozul
2011-07-10, 03:21 PM
Bunko's Bargain Basement (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=350.0) has some stuff.

Reliquary Holy Symbol (MiC 120, 1000 gp) Provides up to 3 extra turn undead attempts per day. Particularly helpful for fuelling Divine Metamagic in a campaign where the DM doesn't permit Nightsticks to stack.

Boots of Agile Leaping (MiC, 76, 600 gp) These boots allow the wearer to use his Dexterity modifier instead of his Strength modifier on Jump checks. If the wearer has 5 or more ranks in Balance, he can stand from prone as a swift action that doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity.

Crystal of Return (least) (MiC 65. 300 gp) Feats are expensive. Effectively buying the Quick Draw feat for 300gp--that's a bargain. The lesser version is a good buy, too, at 1,000...the ability to call your weapon to hand from up to 30 feet away is worth much more.

PollyOliver
2011-07-10, 03:28 PM
Chronocharm of the horizon walker, MIC. 500 gp to move half your speed as a swift action 1/day.

1st level pearl of power? Re-cast one of your first level buffs every day.

Phoenix10k
2011-07-10, 03:34 PM
Another vote for the Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker, here.

If you're the only party healer and your survivability is a problem, I also like the Brooch of Stability which auto-stabilizes you if you fall below 0 HP once per day. 1000 GP.

If you're the only party healer and you need to get to someone who's been downed, Armbands of Elusive Action prevent an attack of opportunity against you once per day (and also kinda fits with the battle dancer motif). 800 GP.

PollyOliver
2011-07-10, 03:38 PM
Also, if you're the only healer, grab a few blessed bandages for an auto-stabilize and give them to someone else. You might be able to auto-stabilize someone with a cure minor, but if you go down it's just going to be people running around making untrained heal checks and hoping.

Darrin
2011-07-10, 05:23 PM
I'm looking for a good, non-expendable magic item for only 1000 gp or less.

Talk to Shax (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101). Non-magical equipment can be found in Type I. For cheap magic items under 1000 GP, check the upgrades for Type II.