PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Metamorph a Dragon

ClothedInVelvet
2011-07-10, 03:45 PM
So I'm building a Psion 6/Thrallherd 9. He's a pyro, insane, and uses a bard as his Thrall to follow him around telling him and everyone else how great he is (sub-optimal).

But he's got Expanded Knowledge: Metamorphosis, and I just wanted to check to make sure I've got some of this right.

1. I can morph into a Young Red Dragon.
2. I can breathe fire at 6d10 damage.
3. I can fly 120ft/round.
4. I can use bite, claw, and wing attacks (though only one secondary per round).
5. I don't get immunity to fire or vulnerability to cold.
6. I can still manifest powers while morphed.
7. If my items can somehow be worn by the dragon, I can retain their benefits.

Right?

tyckspoon
2011-07-10, 03:57 PM
Breath Weapon is a (Su)pernatural ability; you don't get that. You do get the Fire Immunity/Cold Vulnerability, as that's part of the (Fire) subtype that you adopt while metamorphosed. You can use the full natural attack routine- the bit about 'extra limbs' is referring to Two/Multi Weapon Fighting. That is, if you turn yourself into a Thri-kreen, you don't suddenly gain the ability to make weapon attacks with all four arms.. but you can use their 4 Claws normally, because you explicitly do get natural weapons.

ClothedInVelvet
2011-07-10, 04:01 PM
Breath Weapon is a (Su)pernatural ability; you don't get that. You do get the Fire Immunity/Cold Vulnerability, as that's part of the (Fire) subtype that you adopt while metamorphosed. You can use the full natural attack routine- the bit about 'extra limbs' is referring to Two/Multi Weapon Fighting. That is, if you turn yourself into a Thri-kreen, you don't suddenly gain the ability to make weapon attacks with all four arms.. but you can use their 4 Claws normally, because you explicitly do get natural weapons.

Ooo, missed the supernatural bit. Shucks. Is there a way to get that back without the Metamorphic Transfer feat? That feat seems pretty limited (only 3 uses per day).

Psyren
2011-07-10, 04:06 PM
As tyck said, you do get the immunities, as they come with the subtype.

If you want the dragon's breath weapon just take Metamorphic Transfer. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#metamorphicTransfer) If you don't have it yet, you can Psychic Reformation into it, passing off one of your lesser-used feats to your thrall or psicrystal if necessary and even leeching it from them when you need it.

Jude_H
2011-07-10, 04:17 PM
Savage Species has the Assume Supernatural Ability feat, which does away with MT's restriction. It's often banned for being crazy abusable, but it's there.