PDA

View Full Version : Two Handed weapons

Howler Dagger
2011-07-10, 09:16 PM
i have seen numerous comments on wielding a two handed weapon in one hand, can someone quote the SRD or link to a page with the rules? I cant find it in the SRD.

dextercorvia
2011-07-10, 09:20 PM
It isn't really worth it. Do you perhaps mean the ruling that you can hold it in one hand while doing something else?

Howler Dagger
2011-07-10, 09:22 PM
i was thinking od doing a gestalt ranger/fighter(GM approve) with a lance on horsback, then i realised i wouldnt get any use out of combat style, so i sought a way to resolve that.

Flickerdart
2011-07-10, 09:23 PM
You may let go of a two-handed weapon with one hand as a free action, but you can't attack with it while holding it one-handed. You can also take EWP: Bastard Sword to use the Bastard Sword one-handed, but the Bastard Sword sucks.

Edit: Ah, lances. A lance may be used one-handed on horseback, specifically. If you're looking to TWF, you can use either armour spikes or unarmed strikes as your "off-hand", and wield a two-hander as your primary attack.

MeeposFire
2011-07-10, 09:23 PM
i was thinking od doing a gestalt ranger/fighter(GM approve) with a lance on horsback, then i realised i wouldnt get any use out of combat style, so i sought a way to resolve that.

Lances are one handed on horseback so you are ok as long as you are mounted.

Howler Dagger
2011-07-10, 09:26 PM
Lances are one handed on horseback so you are ok as long as you are mounted.

yes, that was what i was planning.

dextercorvia
2011-07-10, 09:34 PM
Why didn't you say so. Why, here's your quote right here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#lance).