PDA

View Full Version : Support the World Wildlife Fund

Equilibrate
2011-07-10, 10:22 PM
Hello all,

I am running a personal campaign of support for the World Wildlife Fund, hoping to collect charitable donations to their amazing cause.

For 50 years, WWF has been protecting the future of nature. The world’s leading conservation organization, WWF works in 100 countries and is supported by 1.2 million members in the United States and close to 5 million globally. WWF's unique way of working combines global reach with a foundation in science, involves action at every level from local to global, and ensures the delivery of innovative solutions that meet the needs of both people and nature.

If you would like to help support this wonderful cause, please visit my fundraising page at: http://wwf.worldwildlife.org/site/TR/Events/PandaPages?pg=fund&fr_id=1051&pxfid=30360

All donations go directly to the WWF, to support their global conservation efforts, including: protecting endangered species, preserving threatened spaces, and addressing global threats such as deforestation.

Thank You

Killer Angel
2011-07-11, 03:56 AM
I may be wrong but... you supporting the WWF and hoping someone else will join them is one thing, but for the money support, wouldn't it be easiest to donate directly to the WWF? You can even choose the project you're more interested in (save the rain forest, save the african rhinos, save the cross-eyed penguin of Texas, and so on...).

tcrudisi
2011-07-11, 04:09 AM
I gave many hours of support to the WWF back in the '80s. Andre the Giant, Randy Savage, and Jake the Snake were all heroes of mine. And who can forget Hulk Hogan? I even watched his movies! Really, if I've watched Hulk Hogans movies, I hardly think there's anything more you can reasonable expect me to do to support the WWF.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-11, 07:20 AM
I gave many hours of support to the WWF back in the '80s. Andre the Giant, Randy Savage, and Jake the Snake were all heroes of mine. And who can forget Hulk Hogan? I even watched his movies! Really, if I've watched Hulk Hogans movies, I hardly think there's anything more you can reasonable expect me to do to support the WWF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

Eldan
2011-07-11, 07:28 AM
Wrestlers did WWF promotions? :smallconfused:

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-11, 07:31 AM

WWF = World Wildlife Fund.
WWF also = World Wrestling Federation.

Hence my ever-so-slightly sarcastic rimshot clip in the previous post.

KuReshtin
2011-07-11, 07:40 AM

Macho Man promotion for the WWF. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53hiHAkK6KA)

Different type of WWF, though. :smallwink:

Killer Angel
2011-07-11, 09:15 AM
WWF = World Wildlife Fund.
WWF also = World Wrestling Federation.

Hence my ever-so-slightly sarcastic rimshot clip in the previous post.

tcrudisi could also talk 'bout endangered species, judging from his Avatar...

edit: I remember also a great A-Team episode, with Hulk Hogan as special guest. :smallcool:

Equilibrate
2011-07-11, 12:12 PM
I may be wrong but... you supporting the WWF and hoping someone else will join them is one thing, but for the money support, wouldn't it be easiest to donate directly to the WWF? You can even choose the project you're more interested in (save the rain forest, save the african rhinos, save the cross-eyed penguin of Texas, and so on...).

Donations made do go directly to the WWF. They have a section called 'Panda Pages' that allow members to create their own collection goals in support of their cause. The individual Panda Pages are simply to allow you to track how much support you have helped raise for their cause. I am merely hoping my efforts will urge people to help in any way they can.

http://wwf.worldwildlife.org/site/TR/Events/PandaPages?pg=fund&fr_id=1051&pxfid=30360

Killer Angel
2011-07-12, 01:46 AM
I am merely hoping my efforts will urge people to help in any way they can.

Already doing it, since 1991. :smallwink:

Equilibrate
2011-08-20, 09:16 AM
Hello all,

I am running a personal campaign of support for the World Wildlife Fund, hoping to collect charitable donations to their amazing cause.

For 50 years, WWF has been protecting the future of nature. The world’s leading conservation organization, WWF works in 100 countries and is supported by 1.2 million members in the United States and close to 5 million globally. WWF's unique way of working combines global reach with a foundation in science, involves action at every level from local to global, and ensures the delivery of innovative solutions that meet the needs of both people and nature.

Through their website, WWF allows members to create their own ‘Panda Pages’ as a way of showing support and helping to collect donations. All donations made through a Panda Page go directly to the WWF. Donating through a Panda Page is a great way to keep track of just how much support you’ve helped to raise for this cause. If you would like to help support this wonderful cause, please visit my Panda Page at: http://wwf.worldwildlife.org/site/TR/Events/PandaPages?pg=fund&fr_id=1051&pxfid=30360

All donations go directly to the WWF, to support their global conservation efforts, including: protecting endangered species, preserving threatened spaces, and addressing global threats such as deforestation.

Thank You

Zeb The Troll
2011-08-22, 01:10 AM
Troll Patrol: Similar threads merged.