PDA

View Full Version : Evil, but not that evil, spells

Graytemplar
2011-07-11, 10:25 AM
I recently started a Hellbred character, I'm building him from the ground up, and he's currently level two. He's neutral good, but due to his evil exception racial feat, he can cast evil spells. Anyone know any spells I should keep my eye on? I like Grazz't's long grasp, and i intend to prestige him as a blood magus. What do y'all think?

gbprime
2011-07-11, 10:30 AM
Few spells are more evil than casting Blood Snow on an area with an active Entangle or Web. But it's not [Evil], which is what you're looking for...

Graytemplar
2011-07-11, 10:37 AM
what book is that in?

Coidzor
2011-07-11, 12:16 PM
animate dead, create dread warrior, awaken undead, those things are always fun.

Mindrape is a bit off in the distance, but is also fun, but mostly from a discussion standpoint and less from an actual use standpoint.

Yorae
2011-07-11, 12:52 PM
How about...

Clutch of Orcus?

Edit:

Also Touch of Vecna.

Graytemplar
2011-07-11, 01:30 PM
this stuff can all be found in book of vile darkness right?

anyone know how i can get this, pdfs are cool but id much rather have the actual book, and cant find anyplace that still sells 3.5 stuff

Coidzor
2011-07-11, 01:43 PM
2nd hand book stores & ebay are about the only real suggestion I could make.

gbprime
2011-07-11, 02:27 PM
what book is that in?

Blood Snow is from Frostburn. 20x20 square per level, 1 round per level, Fort save every round to avoid 1d2 CON drain and Nausea.

Vampiric Snow. Love it.

Telonius
2011-07-11, 02:41 PM
Here's one that's guaranteed to strike fear into the hearts of your enemies. Behold the awful wickedness of ....

Deathwatch!

Slightly more seriously, any of the Summon Monster spells that can summon evil creatures are fine.

King Atticus
2011-07-11, 04:15 PM
Blood Snow is from Frostburn. 20x20 square per level, 1 round per level, Fort save every round to avoid 1d2 CON drain and Nausea.

Vampiric Snow. Love it.

If you're not in a snowy area how do you go about making snow so you can use this spell?

Coidzor
2011-07-11, 05:26 PM
If you're not in a snowy area how do you go about making snow so you can use this spell?

A couple of spells like Blizzard. There's another one that puts specific piles of leaves, ash, or snow in an area wherever one wants them to be as well.

I think Control Winds/Weather can also lead to wintry wonderlandishness.

Keld Denar
2011-07-11, 05:29 PM

Obediant Avalanche? AWMAGAWD THE SNOW IS BURNING MY SOUL!!!!

Yuki Akuma
2011-07-11, 05:33 PM
There are quite a few spells in Frostburn that can make snow or freeze water.

Freeze some boiling water and you get snow!

Graytemplar
2011-07-11, 09:37 PM
The only problem is that clutch of orcus is a cleric only spell, but death by thorns seems nice, is there any way an enemy can avoid the secondary effect of being incapacitated, and do corrupt spells count as maximum spells known?

i cant find touch of vecna, do u mean touch of jubilex? which turns the opponent into slime, thats pretty sweet for a 3rd level spell

gbprime
2011-07-11, 10:52 PM

It's usually easier to memorize a different spell instead.:smallwink:

Like Conjure Ice Beast from the same book. Doesn't have to be snowy or cold for that one, and getting a hippogriff for a 2nd level spell (or 1d3 of them for a 3rd level spell) that has over 50 HP and construct traits is a lovely wall of meat.