PDA

View Full Version : An Honest Start. IC

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-11, 12:59 PM
Chapter 1
The Dawn of a New Day.

Our heroes all gather inside the Inn, all sitting in various places, the bar maids asking if anyone would like a drink, and the drinks being denied. A sudden quiet moves over the Inn, everyone stops talking for a moment to stare at the door to the private room, where a man steps out. He looks over the crowd, most of them are simply sporting a small wooden shield, and a pitchfork, or hoe, or some other sharpened farming tool, however the man notices our four heroes, and steps back in the room, where the heroes suddenly find themselves seated on one side of a rather large table. The table itself is covered in a purple tablecloth, a scroll sitting infront of each hero, a quill and inkwell to the side. On the far side of the table sits a man, but he is facing away so you cannot yet see his face. The room itself is small, maybe 12ft square, with almost no furnishings, besides the table and chairs. Suddenly the man turns, you see an older man, human, atleast in his mid sixties, with a rather long grey beard, but his hair is hidden by his cloak. "You must have come hearing of my job offer. But what skills would you bring that make you worth my time?" the old man leans forward as he asks, almost trying to peer through you. You then notice that the room has no windows and no lit candles yet it is as bright as day.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-11, 01:29 PM
Trent

"Well obviously I bring sex appeal & the immense wisdom forged by years of experience in battle."

The speaker is a 17 year old lad with jet black hair held in a loose ponytail, and wearing a forest green robe detailed with various symbols in silver.

But I suppose as a side benefit, I'm also trained in the arcane arts & have sworn the oath before the Eye of Boccob so am welcome in every Mage's guild from here to Eltharia. Which I suppose are the talents you might be more interested in."

While he might seem quite overconfident, he's obviously sitting a bit lower in his seat, like he knows that being a smart alek probably wasn't the best idea so early on in the interview process.

Hazuki
2011-07-11, 02:06 PM
Saira sits forward in her chair, chainmail jingling slightly with the movement. Her intense stare is focused on the man who had taken them into the room, watching for any kind of attack. He had, after all, taken them to this private room somehow.

She rests her hands on the table in front of her, as she clears her throat to speak. "I am a Paladin of the Church of Heironeous. That is all you need to know." The Paladin says firmly, making it clear she will not be intimidated by any tricks.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-11, 02:41 PM
Andoros sits up straight in his chair, trying to neither be meek nor hostile to the old man or the other people are the table. He places his hands on the table firmly as he introduces himself after the lady. "My name is Andoros Thelton, and I am but a simple holy man of Pelor." He then sits back in his chair, looking to the other companion to respond when he is ready, waiting patiently.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-11, 02:48 PM
Trent

"Two servants of the Bright Ones, wow. You should get on like a house on fire. How come you're freelancing rather than working for the temples?"

Devixer
2011-07-11, 02:53 PM
Vicotr already has a hand on the hilt of his short sword, sitting back in his chair. He was immediately suspicous of this old man, but he had sought this job. "My skills are reliant in stealth. Some might call me a thief."

He doesn't look the part of a rogue, though. The hood of his cloak is down, and his appearance is not all that shifty.

Hazuki
2011-07-11, 02:58 PM
Saira twists her head round to face Trent, brushing her hair out of her face to look at him properly. "I am no longer fit for military duty. Thus, I must take special assignments. This being one of them."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-11, 03:02 PM
Trent

"Do you mean 'no longer fit' as in you screwed up & they won't let you any more, or you can't fight any more. Because if it's the latter, then what exactly do you bring to this shindig besides guilt and rules?"

He's smiling politely as he speaks & there's no malice in his voice. He's genuinely curious combined with a little sarcasm, rather than accusing her.

Hazuki
2011-07-11, 03:09 PM
"There were outside factors affecting my military effectiveness, so yes, I guess you could say I made a blunder." Saira speaks with a trained coolness in her voice. "I would no longer be a Paladin if I could not hold my own, so you may sleep easy."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-11, 03:10 PM
Andoros glances to the paladin and the sorcerer, trying to see if any hostilities are occurring between the two.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-11, 03:16 PM
Trent

"Then it shall be a pleasure to work with you m'lady. It will be nice to know that we have someone we can trust absolutely at our side."

And what of you Pelorite, what brings you here?"

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-11, 03:26 PM
Andoros merely shrugs. "I must confess that unlike the lady and yourself, I have no experience with combat. I believe it to be wise to seek out new experiences and to learn more of the world to achieve greater wisdom."

He then turns his head slightly to Victor. "If we are to learn of each other, I would like to learn more of the man who some call a thief. Men are called many things behind their backs, so I wonder why some say this of him."

Devixer
2011-07-11, 03:33 PM
Victor gives a sidelong glance to Andoros. "I am called a thief because my experience in combat is not of the frontlines, but in sabotage and sneaking."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-11, 03:37 PM
Andoros does his best to give the other man a friendly response, and much like Trent, seems more curious then accusing. "I am under the impression that you are a scout or something of a similar nature? That is an respectable profession."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-11, 03:42 PM
Trent

"It would seem you've misunderstood my little joke. The closest I've seen to combat was when my master decided to test my reflexes by throwing fireballs at me. Although in my defence I did very well at it and only lost one eyebrow.

Agreed, I'd imagine someone would call you a thief because you are adept at theivery, not because you're sneaky. If it was because you're sneaky why not just call you a sneak? No offence meant of course."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-11, 03:51 PM
"Your master sounds like a wonderful person. I wonder if you would object to taking some leave from your hometown."

Devixer
2011-07-11, 03:55 PM
Victor nods to Andoros, clearly not offended. "You are correct. I have served as a scout a few times." He looks towards Trent. "People tend to misunderstand what they see."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-11, 03:59 PM
Trent

"Oh he was a great man, taught me everything I know. He was a Warmage & a veteran of the Blackstar Rising, blowing stuff up is how he teaches.

And if you say it, I'll believe it friend."

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-11, 04:07 PM
The man sits back listening quietly to your conversations.

"I think you made a good choice Odrug"

At the mention of another being in the room you all suddenly feel a large figure standing behind you.

"Odrug thank master."

The man again sits forward.
"Now, I assume you all want to know what I needed done?"

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-11, 04:13 PM
Andoros is slightly startled at Odrug's voice and looks over at the figure to see who was speaking. He would then glance around the room to see if there was anyone else he had missed.

Hazuki
2011-07-11, 04:16 PM
Saira stays still at the presence of the new figure in the room, keeping her hands on the table but letting her eyes look into those of Odrug's master. "It would help."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-11, 04:18 PM
Trent

"Now that's an impressive trick. Can it be taught?"

And yes please, as well as the level of compensation if you wouldn't mind.

Devixer
2011-07-11, 04:19 PM
Wolfgang returns to silence once Ordug's master speaks again. It was a pretty safe assumption, and he didn't feel like stating the obvious.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-11, 04:25 PM
Odrug is a large half orc, but you can't identitfy the other half, it's definately not human though.

He has dark skin, brown maybe black, long black hair, red eyes, and stands around 8ft tall.

"Well, I have a small problem involving, shall we say, property rights? You see during my absence some creatures moved into my tower, goblins and spiders nothing to serious. As for the trick, he's been there all along, you just never cared to notice, and yes there will be payment. How much depends on how well you do, and don't try to take my things, they are booby trapped. Any otbher questions?"

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-11, 04:31 PM
Trent

"Well yes actually. Have you tried diplomacy? Monstrous spiders I can understand removing by force, but Goblins are sentient & societal. I can only assume your request is an extermination, so I'd like to know your justification for it. Have you attempted to speak to the law of the town to get them out if diplomacy failed?

And why do you need us? You shifted us in here & have invisible Orc-blood assistants; why do you need us to clear them out of our home when you clearly overpower us?"

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-11, 04:31 PM
Andoros nods to Trent, clearly agreeing with him. He then looks the old man square in the eye. "Exactly who is it that wishes to hire us? You have the better of us, as we do not know your name."

Devixer
2011-07-11, 04:42 PM
Victor keeps his gaze locked on the old man, but still remains silent. Mostly because the questions he most wanted to ask had already been asked.

Hazuki
2011-07-11, 04:50 PM
Saira waits for the questions of the others at the table to be answered, never taking her intense stare off of the unnamed man at the opposite side.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-11, 05:32 PM
The man sighs, "In truth, I have tried, the goblins just do not want to give up, and we would take it back ourselves, but I'm old and frail, and not quite the fighter I used to be, and Odrug doesn't like to fight. As for my name, you can call me Johnathan, Johnathan Claire."

Hazuki
2011-07-11, 05:54 PM
Saira doesn't wait for any further questions from her fellows, having heard enough already. "I shall seek out your tower. If the squatters refuse to leave peacefully, I shall remove them. Comrades or no."

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-11, 06:00 PM
The man cuts off anyone else wishing to speak, "You lass, have an attitude that I find most appealing!"

Devixer
2011-07-11, 06:01 PM
Victor is about to accept the job when Jonathan addresses Saira. He almosts sighs, and simply says, "I will go to your tower."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-11, 06:04 PM
Andoros looks at Saira and shrugs again. "If we intend to have the lady aid us, I suspect we must depart now. But I see no harm in investigating the matter and making sure the goblins do not pose a threat to the town."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-12, 05:11 AM
Trent

Trent had been warned about the zeal of religious warriors by his master, and Saira certainly seemed to fit the bill. Perhaps her "blunder" haunted her more than she'd care to admit, and she was looking for a chance to recoup some lost honour. Obstinate squatters didn't exactly endear themselves to him, but butchering the homeless (if that is what they really are) didn't sit well with him either.

However he was 17 and inexperienced in the ways of the world, and she is a Paladin of the Dawn Blade. By that virtue alone she'd earned the benefit of the doubt for now.

"Aye, I'll accompany you as well."

His latest statement was somewhat more subdued than his previous conversations.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-12, 12:19 PM
"GOOD! Now here's a map, I'll leave you be, come find me when you finish!"

With his last words muttered you find yourselves outside the Inn, a map in the hands of each of you, and an odd feeling in your stomach from teleporting.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-12, 12:34 PM
Andoros tries to quickly recover from the flashy magic, wondering if it was truly necessary for the meeting. He then turns to the others, seeing if they are present with all of their limbs attached in the right locations.

"I suppose that the lady will wish to venture to the tower immediately, but I believe it to be wise to inquire about the goblins and the tower before proceeding, to better understand the situation."

Hazuki
2011-07-12, 12:42 PM
"No, I believe it wise to gather information. If what our employer claimed was indeed true, the longer we leave it, the more goblins will have touched the trapped items, making our task easier, if they are planning on not going quietly." Saira replies to Andoros, making a quick note of her surroundings and making sure her feet are on solid ground.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-12, 12:53 PM
"You seem to trust the mysterious employer. Have you ever encountered or heard of him before this meeting?"

Hazuki
2011-07-12, 12:57 PM
"I have not. But even if he is lying, and the tower is not his own, it has to be somebody's. This is, or will be, a problem for somebody, so I will do my best to fix it. If it turns out to be less than noble, you'll have my sincerest apologies."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-12, 12:58 PM
Trent

The boy has perked right up after their sudden evacuation, looking around with a huge grin on his face, randomly poking at the air around, trying to grab the spell energy.

"I really need to learn how to do that. My feet are all tingly."

Devixer
2011-07-12, 01:14 PM
Despite the lingering nausea, Victor studies the map in his hands before placing it in his back pack. "It would be best to gather some information."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-12, 01:34 PM
Andoros grimaces at Trent, looking slightly unpleased at the thought of teleportation. "I will not discourage your studies, young sorcerer, unless they involve more fireballs. But I believe that another method of travel would be more pleasing to the stomach."

He then turns to Saira, but glances to the other two to determine their opinions from their expressions. "I propose that we investigate the matter thoroughly. I am but a simple holy man, but I am sure that the Duchess will not be pleased if we aid a mage in obtaining a highly defensible outpost in her lands without her blessing. I cannot speak for you, but we do not seem to have proof that the goods belong to the mage who sought to hire us rather then another. And lastly, I believe that the goblins are our first concern, as they might be a danger the surrounding farms. We might wish to approach battle with them cautiously, as not to drive them to attack the more farms then do battle with us."

He then looks over each companion in turn, seeing if they agree with his plan or not. He seems to speak more of his personal opinion, and nothing of his tone or demeanor speaks of assuming a role of leadership.

Hazuki
2011-07-12, 01:57 PM
Saira mulls over Andoros' words for a few moments. "Then let us go to the Duchess."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-12, 02:02 PM
"A woman of such importance is unlikely to grant us an audience, but we can inquire regarding the matter with one of her servants. They may also have reports of goblins. This is my suggestion, unless someone here is more familiar with this town then I."

Hazuki
2011-07-12, 02:10 PM
"I'll go to see the Mayor." Saira says, as she turns her back on her fellows. "If you all follow, it will be easier to find each other afterwards." With that, she makes strides away from the inn, and towards the Mayor's home.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-12, 02:14 PM
Trent

"You command and we obey, your highness."

This is followed up with an over the top bow & flourish.

"This may be a backwater, but the mayor's still the mayor. Why would he see you on short notice just to be grilled about Goblins?"

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-12, 02:17 PM
"Even if the Mayor is too busy to speak with us, surely there is a clerk who can help us there. I do not believe there would be any harm in asking. But we should consider following before we lose the lady. Perhaps she will be needing your appeal to charm the information out of a clerk."

Devixer
2011-07-12, 02:55 PM
Victor follows the paladin, remaining silent. He's not that interested in the current banter.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-12, 03:14 PM
As our heroes hurry off to the mayors house, a dark cloud casts itself across the city, bringing with it rain, and thunder, towns folk scurry to and fro hoping to get home and out of the storm.

The mayors house isn't much larger then the rest of the towns housing, it's true give away is the armed gaurds standing out front and the large sign stating "Here stands the residence of this great towns mayor".

As you approach the gaurds block your entry, asking simply, "What be your buisiness?"

Hazuki
2011-07-12, 03:34 PM
Saira looks the guard over with a small unapproving smile, before clearing her throat. "I am Saira, a Paladin of Heironeous, and these are men under my command. I wish to speak with the mayor, the topic being an infestation in nearby lands."

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-12, 03:37 PM
The gaurd on teh left speaks up, in a ratehr monotone voice, "What infestation, would THAT be? Exactly?"

Hazuki
2011-07-12, 03:43 PM
"An infestation of you in my way and blocking the course to fulfilling the wishes of the Church. You may hold no respect for the church, but if you wish to endanger the Mayor's people, by all means stop me from entering."
Come on, lucky dice...
[roll0]

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-12, 04:28 PM
Andoros looks to the other three, an eyebrow clearly raised at tmention of being under Saira's command. He then turns to the guard.

"I believe that the lady has perhaps spoken rashly. I see no need to speak to the guards of this town in such a fashion, Saira. After all, the man just seems to be fulfilling his duty.

Perhaps if we explain to the guard our encounter, he could advise us in our best course of action? The events might be of interest to the guards, seeing as it concerns goblins and a mysterious mage."

Devixer
2011-07-12, 04:42 PM
Victor scoffs at the notion of being under the paladin's command. Then he looks a little exasperated at her next comments to the guards. Yes, that'll get them to listen to us, he mutters. The rogue steps forward.

"Please ignore the lady's unneccesarily harsh words. We merely wish to speak to the mayor regarding a job we've taken."

Diplomacy check:

[roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-12, 07:03 PM
The gaurd laughs at the ladies words, "Barry, she's just like your daughter!" With that both gaurds laugh and step out of your way allowing you entrance. "Just ugh, watch the mayor he's been on edge lately about some disappearances from teh farms."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-12, 08:03 PM
Andoros is visibly relieved that the guards take their inquiries well, and smiles briefly. Thank you, sir, for the advice. I will do my best to be as courteous as possible, but would appreciate any advice you wish to give on how not to burden him further. Perhaps we can aid him with finding the source of the disappearances, if my companions are willing."

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 04:05 AM
Saira keeps her composure as she walks into the building, seemingly unaffected by the words of the guards and her fellows. She would let the boys of her group bow to common guardsmen and the wishes of a simple mayor. She finds a wall to lean against in wait, for Andoros to finish his chat with the guard.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-13, 04:33 AM
Trent

"A Paladin should always stand up straight m'lady" says Trent with a wink as he enters.

Realising that they're dripping all over the expensive carpets, he becomes a little more composed and crosses his hands, bringing them down and uncrossing them so his palms face outward, a circle of green light emanating from them for a second.

"Arcana Prestigitar."

Satisfied his spell has worked, with a wave of his hand more pale green light emanates from his hand as he proceeds to dry & clean the muck off himself and any allies who agree, as well as the mayor's floors.

-------------------------
Cast Prestidigitation.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-13, 11:29 AM
The gaurd nods, "You'll have to ask the mayor about helping."

The house itself is ornately furnished, red carpets, and purple drapes, the chairs are all padded with a purple cloth, and wood is dark and spotless, shiny and smooth to the touch. There is a door to the left and right, and a hall way directly in front of you, with stairs to the right of the hallway.

A servant approaches from the right, "How may I be of service?"

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 11:33 AM
"Thank you, Trent." Saira says, before moving her back away from the wall and her hair out of her face. She turns her eyes to the servant that appeared so suddenly. "I'm looking for the Mayor."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-13, 11:35 AM
Trent

Trying to counteract the Paladin's bluntness, Trent also speaks as if he hadn't heard her.

"We have been commissioned by a man named Jonathan Clair to deal with a group of Goblinoids who have taken up illegal residence in his home.

We are here hoping that someone within the mayor's office could assist us with procuring information relating to the actions and locations of any local Goblin societies. Hopefully any such information would allow us to convince them to vacate the property. And if not I would request assistance from the constabulary in evicting them, rather than resort to brute force.

Can you recommend someone whom we should speak to?"

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-13, 11:46 AM
Sorry if anyone feels I'm cutting them off, however we don't need everyone saying the same thing. :smalltongue:

The servant looks stunned, "Johnathan Claire? He's been dead for, nearly a hundred years now... How.. No, no, no. Follow me." The servant runs off up the stairs and sprints to the library. He grabs a book and slams it on to the table, shuffling through it and finding a distinct page, he spins the book, showing you a full page portrait of a young man, holding a flaming sword over his right shoulder, dressed in full plate armor his helmet held in his left hand, a charming smile and bright eyes, framed by long black hair. "Is this the man that said his name was Johnathan Claire?"

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-13, 01:28 PM
Trent

"The man we met was elderly, so I can't say for sure if it was this man. And to my shame I didn't recognise the name until you drew this tome from it's shelf, but Jonathan Clair is most definitely how he identified himself.

If it was indeed him, then I'm actually more concerned. If the great man himself needs the assistance of us, I would beg even more vehemently your permission & assistance with speaking with the mayor."

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-13, 01:49 PM
The servant looks to be in a heightened state of panic, "You need to speak to the historian, not the mayor." The servant goes to the back of the library enters an office and returns a few minutes later with an elderly man, wearing a black robe, with a bright blue hat. "Now tell me you say you met Johnathan Claire?"

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-13, 01:53 PM
Trent

"That's how he identified himself. Foolishly, I didn't recognise the name until just now, or I would have questioned him further."

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 02:04 PM
Saira frowns at all of the sidetracking the Mayor's employees were making them do, making it clear in her stance that this is the last thing she wants to be doing. "I know what I want, and it's not all of this chasing something unimportant." She mutters loud enough for everyone to hear.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-13, 02:07 PM
Trent

"So you aren't interested at all in the fact that our employer is a hero of legend who died a century ago?"

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 02:14 PM
"I'm not. My interest is in the task at hand, not a fable." Saira responds, her voice not betraying the slight anger she feels.

Devixer
2011-07-13, 03:01 PM
Victor, who has clearly been following the whole time, rolls his eyes. "The task at hand is not always so simple."

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 03:05 PM
"The task at hand is to clear this tower of the infestation, not to chase a fable. It's not our duty to do this, just as it is not our duty to test the whores at the local brothel, or make timber. This is for the good of none." Saira replies, her head briefly looking towards Victor.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-13, 03:13 PM
"I am afraid I must agree with the other two. This Jonathon is interested in obtaining a tower, which is a highly defensible position that contains many magical items. It would be irresponsible to allow this to fall into the wrong hands. We cold very well be dupes that someone is attempting to wreck havoc with. I cannot in good conscience agree to help this mage without knowing if it would lead to an even more dangerous presence being established. The goblin menace must be contained, if it exists, but we must make sure we are not blundering into a trap."

He then looks to Trent. "I am no expert of magic, but I believe that our employer has utilized great arcane power. Trent, I ask you if my assumption is correct. Also, I ask how would this Jonathon extend his lifetime with arcane means?"

Devixer
2011-07-13, 03:14 PM
"So your intent is to charge into this tower without any wort of background information beyond goblins in the tower?" Victor looks back at Saira. "Fable or no, we need information."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-13, 03:15 PM
Trent

"The obvious way is Necromancy, by forgoing life in favour of undeath. Though such a hero as Mr. Clair was, I can't believe he would stoop to such measures."

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 03:21 PM
Saira, accepting defeat, simply sighs. "Very well. I will try to find the mayor will you do...this." With that, she turns on her heel. Finding the nearest servant, she asks "I seek an escort to the mayor. If you would be so kind?"

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-13, 03:22 PM
"I was afraid of that answer, but you have my thanks regardless Trent. I wonder if this mage is not actually the great hero, but instead someone taunting us an with obviously fake name. Or even worse, the real hero has been risen by another.

Given the nature of this mission, I suggest we leave a note to the Church of Pelor nearby, in case something should happen to us in the event that something occurs when we are gone. The guards may not listen to our far fetched story, but the note might be read by the clerics."

Andoros then tries to stop Hazuki before she can run off. "Actually, I suggest that we stay together for the moment. It would be easier if we were all together when we learn of this story, and then we could present the entire story to the Mayor at once. The man is certainly busy, and would not have time to answer our questions regarding this mysterious mage. the mwe all learn beforehand, the more time we save the man."

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 03:32 PM
Saira stops with a curse muttered under her breath. "As you wish, Andoros. I hope this interrogation will be fruitful."

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-13, 03:48 PM
The elderly man looks at you, "What have you to gain by arguing? Can you not see that you've been cheated? This man whom gave this name cannot simply be Johnathan, the lad died in combat his grave is in the empiral towers crypts."

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 03:53 PM
"A name is a name, it matters little to me. The tower is inhabited by something, and that something clearly is not under the control of your Mayor, the Duchess, or this country. Whatever it is, seems to need removal. If you would send some of your Mayor's men with us to accomplish this task, I would be delighted. Otherwise, there is little either of us can do."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-13, 04:10 PM
Trent

"By Eyes. Saira, do you not see the greater challenge here? Goblins squatting in a man's home may be what we've been hired for, but how can you be so zealous that you ignore the falsities that our employer has told us? Why would he give us such a discoverable name?"

The boy is genuinely exasperated. He is only a child, but he genuinely wonders how you can choose gratuitous slaughter over the truth.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-13, 04:18 PM
Suddenly Trent faints, falling to the floor, the servant screams, and the elderly man just watches.

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 04:19 PM
Saira holds back her retort, as Trent falls. She kneels down next to him immediately, and tries to check to see what the problem is.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-13, 04:23 PM
Trent

GAH!

Trent awakens on the floor, his hip sore as hell. His voice thereafter is barely a whisper.

"We are being watched. I don't know by who, but I assure you our actions; both past, present & future are judged by someone far from us."

The boy seems absolutely petrified by the visions he has seen, he will not move an inch from Andoros.

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 04:30 PM
Saira's mind immediately trails to thoughts of the Gods as the obvious answer, before she stands up once again. "I believe we will need a place more comfortable than the floor to rest him."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-13, 04:57 PM
Andoros quickly tries to aid Trent in standing if he wishes, giving him a hand to do so. If the boy wishes to remain near him, he seems not to mind.

"If we are watched, I do not wish to meet with the Mayor, nor place his servants in danger. We should let the young man recover, then seek out magical aid, be it divine or arcane."

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-13, 05:01 PM
It seems that in your panic to check on Trent the elderly man and the servant have both vacated the room, and the storm seems to have worsened, greatly.

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 05:02 PM
"If you know of the nearest place, speak freely." If Trent allows Andoros to help him up, Saira moves to stand nearby in case he needs more support.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-13, 05:12 PM
"My suggestion is one of the churches of Pelor, as they are far closer then that of Heironeous. I suggest the closest one for now, until we have better determined what services we are in need of. Let us tend to our companion as quickly as possible."

Devixer
2011-07-13, 05:31 PM
Victor has been observing the worsening storm from a window. He puts up the hood of his cloak. "Wherever we go, I'd suggest we go now."

Hazuki
2011-07-13, 05:36 PM
"Agreed." Saira tries to help Andoros in carrying Trent out of the room, her destination the nearest Church of Pelor.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-13, 07:35 PM
Our heroes make the short walk from the mayors home to the church, the rain pouring down ever harder, and the thunder claps booming, lighting flashing brightly ulluminating the towns. The streets are empty, the rain exploding on the cobble stone, the gutters flooding with water and dirt, and whisking it away to various collection pots. The church is not a typical church, it's a tower with a large base. Upon entering a priest immediatly greets our heroes, "I am Eldrid, high priestess of this church, do you require shelter from the storm?"

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-13, 08:36 PM
Andoros nods to the priestess, unable to do much else to show proper respect while supporting the young sorcerer, and is careful not to jostle him. "I am Andoros, High Priestess. But I am also afraid, that we might be in need of much aid. But to start, this young man is in need of a place to rest. With all due respect, I would like to see him able to rest before speaking further."

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-13, 10:51 PM
"Yes, yes, follow me"

The priestess leads you up some stairs to a bunk room with four beds, and allows you to leave your goods, and Trent plus those who would join him, in the room to rest.

Hazuki
2011-07-14, 06:44 AM
Saira, unsure of what else to do, sits down at the foot of one of the beds, grasping on to the edge of it with one hand. "It seems that your attempt to gather information has failed quite miserably. By your words, Andoros, we're not going to continue with it. What would you suggest we do now?" She asks, with no hint of smugness in her voice.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-14, 11:31 AM
Trent

Taking a mouthful of water Trent does the first thing that comes to mind & cleans and dries everyone again with the continuing magic from earlier.

"Well that was a new and thoroughly unpleasant experience. Do you think there's any chance the supposed Mr. Clair will still be at the tavern?"

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-14, 12:43 PM
"This experience has proven that we can be struck down by magic at afar. I am not sure that battle at this moment is a wise idea, for what if an attack occurred while we were engaged in fighting?

Trent, before we continue, can you explain what happened to yourself? I find it somewhat suspicious that you were afflicted as we learned that he may not be the man who he says he is."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-14, 12:53 PM
Trent

"I honestly don't know what happened. It felt like someone hit me in the side of the head with a bat, then I was suddenly seeing somewhere else. It was like a dream.

There was a shadowy creature watching us on a globe, it showed us as we were at that moment in the library. There was a green figure who said something to the shadow, but I couldn't hear it. The globe showed us walking and....laughing at something. Then I woke up, as it were, with a sore head and a bruised hip.

I can't say any more than that because that's all I know I'm afraid. Sorry I can't be more help."

Hazuki
2011-07-14, 12:55 PM
"I know I would not be laughing under the current circumstances." Saira comments with a frown.

Devixer
2011-07-14, 12:57 PM
"It's better than nothing," Victor says. "We just need to find a way to get the identity of these figures you saw. Not that I actually know how..."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-14, 01:36 PM
"I would say that I find the idea that our enemies might have revealed themselves to us intentionally unusual, but this entire day has been unusual.

We could perhaps ask the churches of Pelor regarding any information that would explain why the tower would be of interest to necromancers or about the figures. I also suggest we travel to both the Church of Heironeous and Bahamut. Otherwise, we would have to set out tomorrow if we wish to visit the temples. The church of Heironeous would likely to be able to inform us regarding goblin attacks, if there are any.

We could ask the Librarian again for information. We might face a repeat of this incident, and it concerns me that the man simply watched as Trent fell to the ground. I rather ask the temples as they are more trustworthy and we would be on sacred ground. However, the guard did mention disappearances, which we should not ignore.

Given what has happened to Trent, I strongly urge that the four of us stay together. This attack has not harmed Trent, but I rather use too much caution then too little."

Andoros then looks to each of the three companions, seeing how they react to his words.

Hazuki
2011-07-14, 02:10 PM
Saira runs over the information in her mind at least a dozen times before she has to rub her temples. "I would have us seek higher authority. You speak as though it's our duty to seek these things, and this danger. It isn't. If there is truly such a danger, we must alert our Gods, or their champions."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-14, 02:31 PM
"I do believe it is my duty to to investigate potential threats to this town. This is true. However, I have said nothing of keeping these matters hidden from the other priests. I believe that they cannot help us if we are not completely forthright with these matters. If my suspicions are not wholly unfounded, then the leaders of each of the temples can speak to the gods. That is an honor I do not claim being worthy of."

Hazuki
2011-07-14, 02:58 PM
"Alright...I would suggest we report to the proper authorities, see what help we can gain and if we have permission to continue with this task."

Devixer
2011-07-14, 04:03 PM
"I suppose there is little else we can do, so I agree with going to the authorities." Victor has sat on the edge of a bed now, listening to the conversation between the two devouts.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-14, 05:07 PM
"Then I suggest we go as soon as Trent is able to travel. Do we inquire first at the Temple of Heironeous, a church of Pelor?"

Hazuki
2011-07-14, 05:58 PM
"If I might be so bold, perhaps the church in which we are currently residing? Though I would prefer it if we could rest first. Trent will certainly need it."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-15, 07:17 AM
Trent

"I'd appreciate the rest, but I don't want to be "that guy" who slows everyone else down. Assuming I don't have another black out, prophesy...whatever it was, I'll be fine."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-15, 12:20 PM
"Very well. But I strongly urge you to rest more before we depart the town. If everyone is ready, I believe it is time to speak with the High Priestess."

Hazuki
2011-07-15, 12:34 PM
"I am ready when you are, Andoros." Saira confirms, standing up and moving away from the bed.

Devixer
2011-07-15, 01:40 PM
Victor stands up. "I'm ready as well."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-15, 04:48 PM
Andoros walks back to the room they initially saw the High Priestess. He glances back to his companions every so often, as if wondering if they are following him. He politely inclines his head to everyone they see along the way, giving respect to all regardless of rank.

If they see the High Priestess, Andoros tries to get her attention if she does not seem busy at the moment.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-15, 07:48 PM
Eldrid is in the main chapel, talking to a few other priests and priestesses.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-15, 08:09 PM
Andoros stands near, not so close as to eavesdrop, but to indicate an interest in speaking with the high priestess. As he waits, he turns to his companions, somewhat apologetically. "I believe we should wait a few moments for her to conduct her business, or else she would not be inclined to aid us. And we can return the favor of her allowing Trent to rest."

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-16, 12:54 AM
The others leave and Eldrid turns to you, "What do you require my children?"

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-16, 01:46 PM
Andoros gestures to show the High Priestess respect, now that he's not supporting a mage. "Greetings, High Priestess. I am Andoros, an acolyte of Pelor. My companions are Trent, a mage of Boccob, Saira, the paladin of Heironeous, and lastly Victor." He reveals the religions of his companions readily in a matter of fact tone, the habit seeming second nature to him.

"We have encountered a rather suspicious mage, and seek to understand what his plans may be. He has given his name as Jonathon Clair, and is served by an orcblood of unknown parentage who may be a dangerous combatant. He is very interested in a tower outside of this town. He has claimed that the tower is currently occupied by goblins and legally belongs to him. He has also revealed that the tower holds many magical items.

I do not believe that we can allow the tower to fall into the wrong hands, but we have no reason to believe that he is the legal owner of the tower, nor that he could be trusted. We seek information regarding his real identity and the true ownership of the tower. We also seek guidance as how to proceed, as we are unsure if the goblins are a menace to the town and have heard that there have been disappearances. We do not know if these events are linked.

However, Trent was struck by a magical spell as we sought answers from the library, which does not make me believe that this is such a simple matter." He then looks back to his companions. "Have I explained the matter thoroughly, or is there more to add?" His tone is serious as he turns to him, asking if is explanation is sufficient.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-16, 03:55 PM
Eldrid bows to each of you in turn, whispers something to a nearby monk, who then scurries off to the stairs, and then turns to Trent, "Child, what can you tell me of the magic that affected you in the library?"

Hazuki
2011-07-16, 04:54 PM
Saira stands a bit to the right of Eldrid the High Priestess, her eyes scanning the temple for anything unusual to her, while thinking about how the church members where she grew up were much warmer. At least, she remembered them to be.

Spot:
[roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-16, 05:05 PM
Trent

He looks at his feet while he speaks.

"Not in any great detail ma'am, I only recently ceased to be an apprentice you see. Like I said to the others it felt like I took a blow to the head, then there was the vision; which was like a dream that suddenly ended with me waking up on the floor."

Devixer
2011-07-16, 05:09 PM
Victor thinks that Andoros and Trent have explained the situation more than adequately. He also scans the area for anything unusual.

Spot check:

[roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-16, 05:15 PM
These are not the out of place things you're looking for.
Nothing unusual. :P

"I see. I think I will be able to explain more when Brother Shaz returns with the history book, and a map of the surroundings. You see, there is no real tower near here."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-16, 05:46 PM
"Er...Beg your pardon?" Andoros seems shocked as he takes out his copy of the tower to make sure that he isn't misreading the map. He also shows it to the high priestess.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-16, 06:29 PM
Eldrid looks at the map, then when the monk returns looks at the one he brought, after much deep thought she turns to the monk, "look through the book, for the Tower of Many Names", she then turns to you all, "I don't know how you got a hold of this map, but it's old, very old, the tower it depicts, if I'm correct, is the Tower of Many Names, which was the home a great and powerful, but completely evil, wizard, who went insane with power.

He created the tower out of magic, it was small on the outside only about 10ft across, but inside it was huge, larger then the largest castle, yet somehow it seemed to take no effort to cross. The wizard lived there, peacefully until the demon gate incident, and soon he grew powerful, and wanted more, slowly turning evil, he went mad in his pursuits and eventually vanished, out of thin air like someones banished by the gods.

The tower was demolished shortly afterwords, and everything inside burned or melted down and dropped into the bottom of the deepest ocean, so as to allow no one access."

Eldrid sits down, exhausted, and the monk turns the book to you, the page revealing a painting of a basic tower, and the text saying exactly what Eldrid just said.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-16, 06:54 PM
Andoros continues to look stunned for a moment, looking between the painting and the map in confusion. He frowns slightly as he continues to study the maps while speaking to the priestess. "Do you know where more of these maps might be? Where they were last seen?"

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-16, 09:21 PM
Eldrid shakes her head, "I'm afraid this is the only map we have from that long ago, most were re-written after the great war"

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-16, 09:40 PM
Andoros then turns back to his companions. "I would ask that you show her the maps that each of you received. Perhaps this is nothing but a wild goose chase, but I admit some degree of curiosity."

Devixer
2011-07-16, 11:05 PM
Without a word, Victor produces his copy of the map. He offers it to Eldrid.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 04:13 AM
Saira, thinking selfishly for a moment, makes no movement to share her map. "I'm sorry, but if these maps are so old, I feel mine would be more valuable to my church and its work. I will not hand over my map."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-17, 12:33 PM
"I only ask that you show her the map. I wish to know if all of these maps are ancient, and if they all look the same. I would not advise leaving all of the maps in a single location if they are as old as the one I received."

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 12:43 PM
Saira purses her lips as she flashes her map to the High Priestess, before packing it away carefully.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-17, 12:50 PM
Andoros simply shakes his head, then turns to Trent. "Again, I have no wish to keep all of the map pieces, but I believe it would be a good idea to study them now to determine the age of these maps."

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-18, 10:52 PM
Eldrid looks over the maps carefully, "You're are nothing special a childs drawing really, the fact that they have the tower on it is what... Puzzles me, it hasn't been on any map for quite some time... Hmm. What was the appearance of this man you spoke to?"

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-18, 11:06 PM
"His cloak hid some of his features, but he appeared as an eldery man with a long beard. He was attended by an orcblood servant. But as he was obviously a mage of some power, I would not be surprised to learn that he was utilizing magics to change or hide his appearance.

If the map I possess is ancient, then I ask if you wish to add it to the library. All I ask for in return is for a scribe to make a copy of the map for our own use. This mystery does not seem benign."

Devixer
2011-07-18, 11:32 PM
Andoros already described the old man and his attendant, so Victor remains silent still. He doesn't even ask for his map back, seeing as the tower was apparently not there.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-19, 12:13 AM
Andoros seems a bit embarrassed as he looks to Victor's map. "My apologies, Victor. I had no intention of keeping your map for longer then was necessary. If the High Priestess is done with examining the map, then I thank you for your patience and cooperation." Andoros inclines his head in thanks to Victor, seeming thankful for the help.

Devixer
2011-07-19, 12:39 AM
Victor shakes his head. "There's no need for thanks. We're in this together, if temporarily. We should be cooperating anyway."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-19, 02:37 AM
Trent

"You say there's been no tower there for some time. Would that be about a century or so?"

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-19, 03:29 PM
Eldrid sighs slightly, "Longer than a century, two, maybe three centuries."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-19, 03:42 PM
Trent

"Well there goes my theory of it being the real Mr. Clair and him thinking it was still his time. Anyone else scared?"

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-19, 04:14 PM
Andoros looks to Trent, and nods to his question. "Seeing as a man of unknown identity has an interest in a tower filled with evil knowledge, I believe that I am in over my head.

If it is not too bold, High Priestess, I am in favor of warning a temple of Boccob if one is nearby via messenger. I believe we will need their expertise in this matter, given that the mage seems to wield great power. They may also be able to explain why he is interested in a ruined tower.

If the high priestess agrees to this plan, then the four of us can investigate while the messenger is on their way. There is still the matter of the disappearances, and this is not a matter to simply leave unattended. I still admit to some suspicion of those at the Mayor's home, as I do not know what sort of man would not be alarmed at someone collapsing in their library. Thus, I would rather inquire at all of the other temples for information, including this one if the High Priestess is able to spend more time answering our questions."

Andoros turns again to his companions to see if they agree once more. The mantle of leadership doesn't really sit well with him, and he seems to constantly try to confirm his ideas with the others. He also looks to the High Priestess, seeming to wonder if he has gone too far with disrespect.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-19, 04:18 PM
Trent

"Oh there's no Temple to the Archmage in Stonebridge, just a small altar my master set up so I could make my oaths. As I recall he blew it up once we were finished. It was his way of celebrating things; blowing them up once they'd served their purpose."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-19, 04:20 PM
"Given your response, do I correctly assume that there is no temple near Stonebridge, either? I will not lie, I do not expect any messenger sent regarding this matter to be entirely safe. I am not sure if it is wise to send out a messenger for a lengthy journey."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-19, 04:28 PM
Trent

"None within 3 days ride. The Archmage may act aloof & powerful, but apparently he can't resist a big columned temple-library, and you need a big city budget for those.

I've heard that the nearest one looks gorgeous, purple velvet everywhere & multicoloured lamps, gilded books and whatnot. But sadly, just out of reach."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-19, 04:36 PM
"Ah. I suppose it was too easy of a plan to succeed. And am I mistaken that you know of no followers of the Archmage who might be able to help us?"

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-19, 04:44 PM
Trent

"No, my Master's more of the hands-on kind, doesn't trust Gods. But he left when I came to join our merry band, and besides him I can't recall any other locals with any arcane talent."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-19, 04:56 PM
"That is unfortunate. I hope that you have no objection to working with another mage, if the High Priestess knows of someone. I do not mean to diminish your talents. But I believe that there is merit in keeping the church informed of our plans, and in accepting any help that we can. And I assure you, most Pelorites are quite nice once you get to know them.

High Priestess, I humbly ask if you know of any with arcane knowledge that might help us unravel this mystery. I place myself at the disposal of the church, to investigate these strange events."

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-21, 10:45 AM
Eldrid shakes her head, "Most people around here don't know the finer points of farming, nevermind magic, I fear the closest arcane magic would be the Imperial City."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-21, 11:07 AM
Andoros then turns to Victor. "Then I greatly suspect that is too far for a messenger to travel. I doubt we have that much time to wait. I thank you for your help, High Priestess, and unless you have more information or advice, I would like to ask for leave to investigate more. I mean no disrespect, but I do not wish to remain idle for long in the face of danger High Priestess. I am sure that at least one of my companions will agree to that." Andoros avoids looking at Saira, through his last sentences was spoken more in a jesting tone then a critical one.

"I believe that we have more to gain from inquiring elsewhere. Trent and I do not seem to have anyone else to call upon. I suggest that before we depart for the Temple of Heironeous, that we inquire in town as much as possible. Victor, do you know of anyone in this town who might be able to help us?"

Devixer
2011-07-21, 04:28 PM
"I do not. I haven't been in this town very long, and I don't think I would know anyone experienced in this particular situation anyway." Victor looks apologetic, like he wishes he could be more useful.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-21, 07:37 PM
"It is no matter, for your aid is more then welcome to the cause. I suggest we learn what we can here, then travel to the church of Heironeous for answers regarding the missing people, unless you would rather go to the Mayor. My apologies, High Priestess, but I believe it best to set out once we have concluded our business here, to try to find those people quickly."

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-22, 12:45 PM
Eldrid bows her head, "Take no foul child, there is evil afoot, may your quest be swift, and you be safe"

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-23, 09:22 AM
Trent stands to tests his balance. Satisfied that he isn't going to keel over he collects his cloak, ready to move on.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-25, 01:32 AM
The heroes travel to the nearest church of Heironious, the storm having stopped as suddenly as it began, but the dark clouds remaining, an ever potent warning of natures wrath, but as they walk a pair of men jump out from an alley, one on either side of the party. The one in front speaks up, "Well well, what do we have here? A bunch of would be heroes?" the one behind you laughing, "Bet they're easy targets."

Devixer
2011-07-25, 01:45 AM
Victor, as always, remains silent as the group travels to the church. When they're jumped, he looks flustered. No flanking opportunities here. He grabs his shortbow, not taking it from its place just yet. His other hands goes a little toward his quiver.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-25, 01:47 AM
Trent

Before this moment Trent had never realised how much his master's way of thinking had gotten under his skin. If he had, he probably would have had the sense to let the Paladin deal with this situation rather than the 17 year old bookworm. As it happens though, he didn't (& years later he would reminisce about just how stupid an idea this was in hindsight).

"My friend, I can shoot fire from my fingertips & lightning from my eyeballs, do you really think this is a good idea?"

To emphasise his point he uses his Prestidigitation's Firefinger property to shoot a small bolt of flame, not enough to harm them (not that they know that hopefully), but enough to prove he can.

Hazuki
2011-07-25, 01:33 PM
Saira

The Paladin draws her katana, clutching on to the hilt tightly as she looks over the two muggers. She holds her weapon defensively, ready for any strike.

Total Defense.

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-26, 11:02 AM
Andoros looks around the village for the guards. He tries to position himself to act as a human shield in front of Trent. "If you call down the wrath of the heavens, friend, I ask that you try to make the bodies identifiable this time. I have little desire to handle charred wrecks in this rain."

He also tries to remember where Victor is, without looking at him. He's clearly trying not to draw attention to the man in case he needs surprise to attack effectively. The angry Katana wielding woman would likely make this very easy, however.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-26, 01:43 PM
As suddenly as the men appeared a look of horror draws over the face of the one in front of you, and he suddenly runs, the one behind you tries to run you past you, screaming some gibberish.

(AoOs for you all)

Devixer
2011-07-26, 04:09 PM
Victor looks at the running men. He sighs. "Do we need to deal with these idiots? I say we let them run."

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-26, 04:29 PM
"I doubt we could subdue them properly without injury to both parties." Andoros makes sure to say this only when they are out of earshot. "But I would like to warn the Church of Heironeous regarding this. If we cannot continue the investigations, then we could prepare to make this city safe. If we cannot fight one evil, we can fight another."

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-26, 04:31 PM
Trent

Sighing briefly with relief Trent feels fairly proud of himself.

Then it occurs to him the guy behind them couldn't have been scared of him & his allies, otherwise he would have run in the other direction, not through them.

Holding his breath he slowly looks behind them...

Hazuki
2011-07-26, 04:52 PM
Saira keeps her katana in the defensive, as she watches the muggers run. "If the city guard can't solve these problems by themselves, perhaps they are too incompetent to be allowed to rule these streets." She says in response to Andoros' words.

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-26, 05:24 PM
As Trent turns he notices a large shadow spilling over the city, and sees the streets filled with blood, and bodies, a woman scrambles toward him, but is suddenly struck down by a spear, and from the rooftops a group of goblins jump down charging into battle.

Three of the goblins are hunched over, green skin, wielding short swords, but one is larger, decked out in leather, carrying a long sword.

Roll Init, it's fight time. :P
Goblin 1
[roll0]
Goblin 2
[roll1]
Goblin 3
[roll2]
Goblin Commander
[roll3]

Hazuki
2011-07-28, 06:52 AM
Saira remains with her katana ready to parry, brought up so the blade is crossing her chest.

Total Defense

Devixer
2011-07-28, 10:30 PM
Victor doesn't waste any time. He draws his bow and nocks an arrow, firing it at the Goblin Commander.

Is the commander within thirty feet of Victor? If so...

Attack:[roll0] Damage: [roll1]

And if not, Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

KingOfLaughter
2011-07-31, 09:47 PM
Trent does nothing and Andoros moves infront of him.

Victos arrow flies past the goblins. The commander moves into range of Saira, swinging with his blade.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

The other two simply move forward 10ft, they're now 10ft fro the party.

Hazuki
2011-08-01, 05:10 AM
Saira immediately moves into battle, twisting her sword around her hands before slashing at the Goblin Commander's torso.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Kobold-Bard
2011-08-01, 05:35 AM
Trent

The boy hated it when he was right. Instinctively he raised his hand to head height, thumb & pinky outstretched. Twisting his hand so the back was facing his enemies he drew the outstretched digits together as he whisperingly invoked his power upon the Goblins.

"Arcana Vediri."

------------
Casting Sleep. DC15 Will or 4HD worth of Goblins fall unconscious, those with the fewest HD go first (since there's only 3 Goblins hopefully that should be all of them, otherwise we're way out of our league).

Devixer
2011-08-01, 01:40 PM
Victor fires another arrow, this one at one of the approaching goblins.

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-01, 01:52 PM
The two smaller goblins face plant asleep and the one of the right gets an arrow in his ass cheek not soon after.

Sairas blade connects with the leader and cuts open is arm.

(Andoros you go now!)

Honest Tiefling
2011-08-01, 09:19 PM
Seeing that all of the goblins are probably preoccupied by the warriors, Andoros tries to find one of their victims to see if there is anyone to heal without going too far from the group. All the while, he thinks to himself, wondering how the goblins managed to get past the guards.

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-01, 09:24 PM
The goblins victims are all dead.

The leader takes another swing at Saira

Attack

Damage
1d8[/roll]

Hazuki
2011-08-02, 07:03 AM
Saira parries the Goblin's blade away with ease, bringing her katana around for another go.

Devixer
2011-08-02, 11:52 AM
Victor exchanges his shortbow for his short sword, and moves to flank the goblin commander.

Honest Tiefling
2011-08-03, 03:07 PM
Andoros mutters a swear under his breath as he moves carefully to avoid the goblin's blades as he moves closer to Victor and Saira, ready to heal if they are hurt more. Just in case, he murmurs a spell to give Saira a little more of an edge.

Casting Cure Minor Wounds
Concentration: [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2011-08-04, 05:20 AM
Trent

Having only one more spell of use left, Trent decides to save it. Instead he Raises his crossbow & fires at the remaining Goblin (not trusting his dagger-skill enough to coup de grace the sleepers).

------------
Remaining Goblin:
[roll0] :smallannoyed:
[roll1]

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-04, 02:11 PM
The goblin skillfully deflects Sairas sword, and sidesteps the crossbow bolt, he then takes yet another swing at Saira.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Hazuki
2011-08-04, 02:50 PM
Saira scoffs at the goblin's attempt at gracefulness, and takes another swing.

ATTACK! [roll0]

DAMAGE! [roll1]

Devixer
2011-08-04, 03:42 PM
By now, Victor is successfully flanking the goblin. He goes to stab it thorugh the gut in a sneak attack.

Honest Tiefling
2011-08-05, 12:56 AM
Andoros readies his morning star, not trusting himself to use the sling reliably. He readies his morning star to move in closer to strike the goblins.

Draw Weapon = Move Action, and I believe that you can use a standard to do a move action?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Kobold-Bard
2011-08-06, 06:10 AM
Trent

Exasperated, Trent silently bemoaned not being born an Elf. This would have been so much easier if he were one.

He loads another bolt into his crossbow and tries to aim around his allies again.

--------------
[roll0] :smallfurious:
[roll1]

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-06, 09:13 PM
The Goblin smacks Sairas sword away, and side steps Trents bolt, but Victors blade pierces his gut, and he mutters a few words, drops his sword, then goes limp over Victors blade.

One more round before the other two awaken.

Kobold-Bard
2011-08-15, 04:35 AM
Trent

Trusting his allies to deal with the unconscious Goblins he reloads & shoots past Saira.

------------
[roll0]
[roll1]

Seeing Saira fell the lead Goblin, Trent shudders with panic for a second as the adrenaline lapses, then looks around for any new targets.

------------
Ready action to attack any new Goblin enemies that come into range (80ft range on crossbow).

Devixer
2011-08-15, 01:31 PM
Victor removes his blade from the commander's gut. He doesn't waste any time in going to one of the sleeping goblins, and trying to plunge the sword into its head.

Hazuki
2011-08-15, 01:38 PM
Saira moves towards the other sleeping goblin and attempts to impale it with her sword.

[roll0]
[roll1]

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-16, 07:24 AM
With the three Goblins dead, and the street clear of threats, you're left to figure out your plan.

Devixer
2011-08-16, 07:44 PM
Victor cleans his blade and sheathes it. He immediately goes to search the goblins for anything useful.

Honest Tiefling
2011-08-17, 08:21 PM
Andoros lets him loot, not being very interested in the goblin's belongings. He makes sure to keep an eye out for other threats, even if none are immediately apparent. It takes him a while to speak up, unlike his normal talkative self. "I believe we should report to someone..." He then goes back to keeping an eye out.

Kobold-Bard
2011-08-18, 07:37 AM
Trent

The boy sighs with relief, then sees Victor going to work.

"Hey, what are you doing. You shouldn't be robbing them."

He's not particularly forceful in his accusation though; his crossbow missed three times & Victor just severed the Goblin's spine with a single blow. He then turns to Andoros.

"To who? The church wasn't able to help & I have nobody to report to."

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-18, 04:17 PM
As if on cue to your winning of the battle, a man clad in shiny silver armor, though splattered with blood, approaches the party, quickly removing his helmet and holding it at his side, "By the gods, is the whole town gone?"

Kobold-Bard
2011-08-18, 04:19 PM
Trent

It takes the man's words to make it sink into Trent that the town is indeed wrecked & burning. Freaking out he sprints off into town without a word; heading for his family's home, though the party is unlikely to know that.

Devixer
2011-08-18, 10:14 PM
Victor looks towards Trent before the armored man shows up, with somewhat narrowed eyes. "They're dead. I don't think they'll mind much." Then he noticed the man in armor.

"What's going on? How many more goblins are there?"

Oh, and what does Victor find on the bodies of the goblins?

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-18, 10:24 PM
I put exp and loot in the OOC

"Well I think I fought through atleast 20 on my way here, the bastards are everywhere..."

When Trent runs off the man shouts something, and runs after him, "COME ON! WE CAN'T LET THE KID GET KILLED!"

Hazuki
2011-08-20, 05:25 AM
Saira watches after the man as he chases after Trent. She has no say in this matter; for now they are safe, and that way may very well lead into a larger group of goblins. It isn't her job to babysit all the fools who run right into hostile creatures.

Honest Tiefling
2011-08-21, 01:00 AM
Andoros runs after Saira, having remained silent during the conversation. He tries not to pay attention to the bodies that litter the streets, trying not to think if it is someone he once knew.

Hazuki
2011-08-22, 08:32 AM
Saira, despite all better judgement, follows Trent. Despite any logical train of thinking that it would take, such as sticking together and holding up, because then they would have something of a stronghold and could fight anything that gets too close, instead of possibly running straight into a horde of goblins. Instead of doing that, like any smart person would do, she follows Trent just like the rest of the mindless, foolish people with her. Trent who ran recklessly and idiotically into what could quite possibly be a huge group of goblins, instead of contemplating what to do with the other people there, most of whom are incompetent, including the Paladin. The only one there even capable of fighting well was somebody they just met, and even he seemed to have a hero complex, and was probably emulating Jonathan St. Claire anyway.

Devixer
2011-08-25, 01:06 AM
Victor groans internally, and pinches the bridge of his nose. Why were people running, instead of staying somewhere defensible? More importantly, why was the thief following them? Probably because he figures that he's sort of working with these people, might as well make sure they don't die.

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-26, 12:46 PM
Trent arrives to find his house empty, the area around it has a few dead goblins and a dead guard or two. A man sits against the wall, blood on his chest, his head body limp, though alive.

Honest Tiefling
2011-08-28, 12:20 AM
Andoros doesn't really know why Trent has run off, and thus, it does not occur to him to ask before trying to help the man. He quickly tries to heal the man with Pelor's blessings, hoping the others will keep out an eye for goblins in the meantime. Without speaking to his companions, he casts a spell.

Kobold-Bard
2011-08-29, 02:16 AM
Trent

The mage didn't recognise the man, but he was panicked. The second Andoros spell energy touched his skin he dropped down & grabbed the man's arm.

"Hey. HEY! Do you know Aria or Heron Atherson? Do you know where my parents are? What about Teah, my sister? ANSWER ME!!"

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-29, 05:02 AM
The man looks up groggily than slumps sideways, alive but unconscious, again. A group of men come running down the street, wearing the garb of the town guard, upon noticing your knightly companion they all stop and salute then continue running.

Kobold-Bard
2011-09-03, 05:35 AM
Trent

With nobody offering any answers, Trents goes into his wrecked house, looking for any sign of where his family went.

------------
aka. bump.

Devixer
2011-09-03, 01:59 PM
Victor is currently on the lookout for anymore goblins. He keeps his short bow out and ready.

KingOfLaughter
2011-09-04, 04:36 AM
The house though ransacked and damaged, contains only one body, and it is of a goblin. He lies stuck to a table, a dagger through his shoulder, and the table. A note lies nearby.

Trent, if you are reading this, leave the city, there is little that can be done for it now, meet us at the Imperial Towers

It is signed and written in your fathers hand writing.

Kobold-Bard
2011-09-08, 02:58 AM
Trent

The relief of seeing that note in his father's scrawl nearly pops Trent like a balloon. Turning back he sees the glowering Paladin & instinctively sidesteps towards Andoros.

"I'm sorry for running off, but I had to see if my family was ok. My dad wrote this, he said they were going to the Towers so I want to go there. Is there any chance you want to escort me there; since I'm probably gonna get turned into paste & as a Paladin that you're too nice to let that happen?"

Trent is working very hard to not hyperventilate, being such a smart-ass to someone he just saw bisect several Goblins a minute ago.

Devixer
2011-09-20, 02:47 PM
"We can give apologies when this is over," Victor states, deciding not to remind Trent that he was actually the one killing more of the goblins. "Right now we need to ensure as many people's safety as we can."

KingOfLaughter
2011-09-30, 09:23 PM
The man turns at Victors words and walks away.