PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spell Resistance

Retech
2011-07-11, 01:20 PM
So I just read the latest Oots comic, and it made me think about how to improve spell resistance using feats + items.

So are there any feats or items that improve spell resistance in Pathfinder, preferably adding to the natural spell resistance?

peacenlove
2011-07-11, 03:09 PM
Items:
Daazix Vest (DMG 2, 25000 gp +5 SR) is the most efficient way to increase your SR.
Since SR protects only vs a (Quite big) subcategory of spells and is beaten by a 4th level swift spell (Assay spell resistance) I wouldn't find it unreasonable to make a custom item which gives more SR based on this vest (gp cost = SR*SR*1000)
Feats:
Boost spell resistance (BoVD, evil only but come on! :smallmad:)
Also there are feats in DotU to lower your SR as an immediate action (as to receive buffs in combat without much fear) and a feat that gives +4 SR vs mind affecting effects.
Lastly BoED has Exalted spell resistance, which gives +4 SR vs evil spells and effects.

Psyren
2011-07-11, 03:19 PM
Near as I can tell, the only WotC feat Z could have taken to boost his SR would be the aforementioned one from BoVD, which isn't even that strong. So the Giant probably brewed something.

Xtomjames
2011-07-11, 05:22 PM
There are items that boost SR, but remember items that Grant SR do not stack. There are also feats for those who have SR. In most cases however I'd suggest getting items that boost SR bases, however in Pathfinder SR is preset for most creatures that have it, unlike 3.5. A simple difference however is you could ask your DM if he'd allow SR to be based on an ability score rather than level, since no actual base for SR is given. With that you could derive an SR rating of 10+ ability score modifier and then get items that boost the ability score.

SR in Pathfinder also overlaps, so SR items designed for specific purposes could be used, but that's iffy and depends on how flexible your DM is.