PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Dodge Targets

Aemoh87
2011-07-11, 02:21 PM
So long story short I have a fighter like character who has karmic strike and elusive defense or whatever. You know the drill. I also have dodge and it would be AMAZING if I could get more than one dodge target to protect myself from the current baddies I face who love power attack, flanking, and getting charged. Please help me playground.

Is there any way to get multiple dodge targets?

I am aware of Swashbuckler, but I do not know if it counts as the target of my dodge for my feats.

Curmudgeon
2011-07-11, 03:11 PM
Dodge is a single feat, and it only works against one opponent. There are other ways of getting a dodge bonus, but they don't modify the Dodge feat. But because all dodge bonuses stack, this shouldn't matter to you unless you're trying to use an ability that's dependent on the Dodge feat's single designated opponent.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-07-11, 03:12 PM
So long story short I have a fighter like character who has karmic strike and elusive defense or whatever. You know the drill. I also have dodge and it would be AMAZING if I could get more than one dodge target to protect myself from the current baddies I face who love power attack, flanking, and getting charged. Please help me playground.

Is there any way to get multiple dodge targets?

I am aware of Swashbuckler, but I do not know if it counts as the target of my dodge for my feats.

Get your DM to allow the PF version of dodge. It's better, but still not very good.

peacenlove
2011-07-11, 03:18 PM
Get your DM to allow the PF version of dodge. It's better, but still not very good.

Still Elusive Target and Sidestep Charge with the PF Dodge (If you house rule that you simultaneously select all targets that the dodge bonus applies against) feat is simply hilarious :smallamused:
Not to mention very effective vs hordes.
Also midnight Dodge becomes that much effective.

Big Fau
2011-07-11, 03:26 PM

Would you believe they considered it overpowered, and almost pulled it?

Amnestic
2011-07-11, 03:41 PM

Considering it's Paizo? Yes, yes I would believe that.

There are a few 'dodge' alternatives. Desert Wind (Tome of Battle), Expeditious (Races of the Wild), Midnight (Magic of Incarnum) and Psionic (Expanded Psionics Handbook).

All the alternatives named apply to all foes, but they have different requirements to get them to work. Whether they're for you or not is up to your build I suppose, but I don't think there's a way to apply PHB dodge to more than one opponent.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-07-11, 03:43 PM
Considering it's Paizo? Yes, yes I would believe that.

There are a few 'dodge' alternatives. Desert Wind (Sandstorm), Expeditious (Races of the Wild), Midnight (Magic of Incarnum) and Psionic (Expanded Psionics Handbook).

All the alternatives named apply to all foes, but they have different requirements to get them to work. Whether they're for you or not is up to your build I suppose, but I don't think there's a way to apply PHB dodge to more than one opponent.

Desert Wind Dodge is in ToB.

Person_Man
2011-07-11, 03:43 PM

Wait, what? This?

Dodge

You have mastered a defensive stance that allows to you easily react to your opponents.

Prerequisite Dex 13.

Benefit

As a swift action, you gain a +1 dodge bonus to your AC until your next turn. If you have 10 or more ranks in Acrobatics, the dodge bonus increases to +2.

That's arguably WEAKER then 3.5 Dodge, because it requires an action. What possible argument could there be that it's too strong? It should honestly just be "You receive a Dodge bonus to your AC equal to the number of ranks you have in Acrobatics divided by 4."

Amnestic
2011-07-11, 03:44 PM
Desert Wind Dodge is in ToB.

>.>
<.<

I know, that's why I wrote ToB there and not Sandstorm. You saw nothing :smallwink: I edited it, thanks for the catch.

Aemoh87
2011-07-11, 04:05 PM
I plan on desert wind dodge later, to help me out feats wise (it just so happens the feat swap works out great for my character).

Hiro Protagonest
2011-07-11, 04:17 PM
Wait, what? This?

That's arguably WEAKER then 3.5 Dodge, because it requires an action. What possible argument could there be that it's too strong? It should honestly just be "You receive a Dodge bonus to your AC equal to the number of ranks you have in Acrobatics divided by 4."

They DID change it! This is the version in the PF core rulebook.

Dodge (combat)
Prerequisite: dex 13
You gain a +1 dodge bonus to your AC. A condition that makes you lose your dex bonus to AC also makes you lose the benefits of this feat.

Big Fau
2011-07-11, 04:49 PM
They DID change it! This is the version in the PF core rulebook.

And here I thought someone over there had a brain...

Yes people, Paizo thinks a flat +1 AC is overpowered.