PDA

View Full Version : mixing foods together when they're usually seperate

enderlord99
2011-07-11, 04:25 PM
During Thanksgiving, I usually tear my serving of turkey as small as I can, then mix it thoroughly with mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, and sometimes sweet-potatoes. I would also add chopped-up pumpkin and apple pies and softened ice cream, but the people I have Thanksgiving with make me keep the main course separate from the dessert. Anyone else (wish they could) mix foods together in unusual ways?

Haruki-kun
2011-07-11, 04:58 PM
I eat sandwiches with peanut butter and cottage cheese. Is this unusual?

enderlord99
2011-07-11, 05:28 PM
I eat sandwiches with peanut butter and cottage cheese. Is this unusual?

I think so, yes, but this thread is about mixing things. Sandwiches don't have the bread mixed in. Also, I think there's another thread that focuses on weird sandwiches like the one you described.

Ravens_cry
2011-07-11, 07:25 PM
Barley and pasta sauce was good. I think I will have it again tonight, mixed with with a sliced up chicken burger patty and some cheddar cheese.

Bhu
2011-07-11, 07:33 PM
fruit based hot sauce and vanilla ice cream

Seerow
2011-07-11, 07:39 PM
Pork Roast with Saur Kraut, and Meat Loaf covered with Mac n Cheese. These always seemed normal to me, but my friends seem to think it's weird, so may as well mention it.

Vaynor
2011-07-11, 10:56 PM
During Thanksgiving, I usually tear my serving of turkey as small as I can, then mix it thoroughly with mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, and sometimes sweet-potatoes. I would also add chopped-up pumpkin and apple pies and softened ice cream, but the people I have Thanksgiving with make me keep the main course separate from the dessert. Anyone else (wish they could) mix foods together in unusual ways?

I usually do something similar to this, but the next day, and on a toasted sandwich. It's delicious.

Mikhailangelo
2011-07-11, 11:43 PM
I have to say it - Fish fingers and custard! :P

Ravens_cry
2011-07-12, 02:45 AM
I have to say it - Fish fingers and custard! :P

I can so see that working. Of course, I like a Wendy's Chocolate Frosty with their fries with lots of pepper, especially if the fries are super hot and fresh.

KuReshtin
2011-07-12, 04:58 AM
if I need a quick evening meal and don't feel like cooking, I usually prepare a batch of instant mash, and then mix a tin or two of tuna straight from the tin.

Yummy!

ghost_warlock
2011-07-12, 05:33 AM
I've always wanted to try dill pickle ice cream.

enderlord99
2011-07-12, 09:32 AM
Raven's Cry wins an internet, even though what she said was true, and therefore not something people usually win internets for.

EDIT: Also, I miss when Wendy's had normal fries rather than those fancy ones with skin and course salt:smallyuk:

Adumbration
2011-07-12, 02:25 PM
You know that annoying salad that comes along with most Iskendar kebabs? I mix it with the kebab!

tonberrian
2011-07-12, 03:13 PM
Saur kraut and pork roast I've seen. I don't eat it, mind you, but I've seen people who do. I don't think it's unusual.

Mine is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a slice of cheddar or good american cheese (oxymoron, I know, but I really like some of the more expensive americans you can get at a deli).

enderlord99
2011-07-12, 06:50 PM
fruit based hot sauce and vanilla ice cream

What brand of hot sauce do you use? It's only moderately spicy, right?

enderlord99
2011-07-12, 06:51 PM
Saur kraut and pork roast I've seen. I don't eat it, mind you, but I've seen people who do. I don't think it's unusual.

Mine is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a slice of cheddar or good american cheese (oxymoron, I know, but I really like some of the more expensive americans you can get at a deli).

see my response to Haruki, above.