PDA

View Full Version : Playgrounders unite! PF character creation idea

DefKab
2011-07-11, 04:35 PM
Ok, so here's the hard part. I play Pathfinder. So, all the fancy 3.5 stuff isn't explicitly compatible with PF. While I can get the books easy, convincing the DM to use them is harder. So, here's what I think I can do. Prove me right?
I want Two Weapon Fighting as the core feat, but as per earlier posts, I want my Primary attack to be the Greatsword. The secondary attack I'm not so set on, but I figure I can beef up an Unarmed Strike more than a spiked gauntlet... But I can enchant the gauntlet. Maybe a Spiked Buckler?

Anyways. How can I get a ECL 10 character weild these feats and weapons with efficiency, while staying as close as I can to Pathfinder?

Alternately, what 3.5 build could I try to convert over, given that Pathfinder doesn't allow it?

MeeposFire
2011-07-11, 04:42 PM
There is no spiked buckler (though there are the tortoise blade and the buckler axe which are similar but are not shield bashing attacks and requires you to use improved buckler defense and a buckler will penalize your greatsword attack by 1). A lot of DMs would not allow you to attack with a limb you already used in a different attack in the same round. The easiest and best way to avoid this problem are the spiked armor which allows two weapon fighting with no known rules problems. They can be enchanted easily and are not as expensive a trying to go unarmed (in feats and in money). Further they are legal in core PF.

The Gilded Duke
2011-07-11, 07:27 PM
Whats wrong with ranger 10 with two weapon fighting style? That way you get the feats without needing the high dex. Put your other feats into power attack improved unarmed strike etc. Favored enemy boosts your attacks and damage.