PDA

View Full Version : Tibur Kosj [3.5 Race. Playable Dragons!]

Admiral Squish
2011-07-11, 04:47 PM
Tibur Kosj

Small Dragon
Hit Dice:2d12+2
Initiative:+1
Speed: 30 feet (6 squares), Fly 60 feet (good)
Armor Class: 16 (+4 Natural, +1 Size, +1 Dex), 13 touch, 15 flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-1
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d6+1)
Full Attack: Bite +4 Melee (1d6+1) and Two Claws +2 Melee (1d4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Breath Weapon (See below)
Special Qualities: Dragon Traits, Tibur Kosj Traits (See below)
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 12
Skills: Bluff +6, Hide +10, Know (Arcana) +6, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Spot +6, Swim +6
Feats: Multiattack
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, Clutch (1 plus 4-5 wyrmling dragons) or Family (one plus 4-5 wyrmling dragons, plus adult dragon)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Any
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +1

The Tibur Kosj are not truly a race of their own. The fact is that periodically, a true dragon will occasionally give birth to a child that is, at first glance, a perfectly normal wyrmling. But as these childred don’t grow like their clutchmates. Indeed, they simply stop growing at a certain point. The words ‘Tibur Kosj’ in draconic essentially mean ‘born small’. Many of these ‘runt’ dragons are killed by predators, or adventurers seeking to slay their parents for glory. But some survive, and, driven by the need to prove themselves, they often become adventurers themselves.

Combat:

Most Tibur Kosj will flee rather than fight if engaged. Tibure Kosj prefer to strike from hiding, using their minds to gain the advantage their (relatively) weak bodies can't. The exact tactics vary, but usually somewhat coincide with the usual tactics of their parents. Chromatic Tibur Kosj favor ambushes and sneak attacks. Mettalic Tibur Kosj are more likely to bluff of talk their way through a battle.

TIBUR KOSJ AS CHARACTERS:

(Full character fluff entry incoming)

+2 strength, +2 dexterity , +2 constitution,. +2 intelligence, +2 wisdom +2 charisma. Tibur Kosj and exceptionally strong and resilient for their size. They often compensate for their small size and (comparatively) weak physical abilities by focusing on the mental abilities. Finally, while most dragons grow quickly, the Tibur Kosj learn quickly how to use their smaller size to their advantage.
Dragon: Tibur Kosj are not subject to spells that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or hold person.
Small: As a small creature, a Tibur Kosj gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character
Tibur Kosj base land speed is 30 feet. Tibur Kosj can fly with good maneuverability at a speed of 60 feet.
Tibur Kosj have dark vision out to 60 feet and low-light vision.
Racial Hit Dice: Tibur Kosj begin play with two levels of dragon, which provide 2d12 hit dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +3, and Will +3.
Racial Skills: A Tibur Kosj’s dragon levels give them skill points equal to 5x(6+int modifier, minimum 1) It’s class skills are Appraise, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Arcana), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble, and Use Magic Device
Racial Feats: A Tibur Kosj’s dragon levels give it one feat.
+4 Natural Armor
Breath Weapon: A Tibur Kosj can breathe out destructive elemental energies. At first level, the Tibur Kosj must choose Fire, Cold, Acid, or Electricity, and then must choose Cone or Line. This breath weapon deals 1d6 damage of the chosen element, plus an additional 1d6 for every 2 HD the Tibur Kosj possesses (an average Tibur Kosj deals 2d6 damage when starting play). If the Tibur Kosj selects cone, the attack takes the form of a 10-foot cone. The length of the cone increases by 5 feet for every 2 HD the Tibur Kosj possesses (An average Tibur Kosj has a 15-foot cone when starting play). If the Tibur Kosj selects line, the attack takes the form of a 20-foot line. The length of the line increases by 10 feet for every 2 HD the Tibur Kosj possesses (An average Tibur Kosj has a 30-foot line when starting play). After using this breath weapon, the Tibur Kosj must wait 1d4 rounds before they can use it again. Those caught in the breath weapon’s area may make a reflex save for half damage.(DC 10+½ HD+Con Mod).
Resistance: A Tibur Kosj gains energy resistance 10 to the energy type of their breath weapon.
Arcane Blood: A Tibur Kosj is infused with arcane power at a very basic level. As such, a Tibur Kosj may add it’s RHD to it’s caster level whenever it casts an arcane spell.
Dragon Body: Tibur Kosj have a draconic body plan. Their foreclaws are capable of carrying and manipulating objects, as well as performing somatic components. However, they cannot wield weapons like humanoid creatures. A Tibur Kosj takes a -4 penalty to attack with weapons. In addition, a Tibur Kosj must have it’s armor custom built for it’s unusual form. The base cost of nonmagical armor for a Tibur Kosj is doubled. It does NOT cost twice as much to enchant armor designed for a Tibur Kosj.
False Youth: In many ways, the perpetual physical immaturity of the Tibur Kosj works against them. Tibur Kosj do not gain ability bonuses or penalties based on age. As such, Tibur Kosj rely on experience rather than age. A Kibur Tosj cannot qualify for epic feats until level 21, no matter their age.
Tibur Kosj are immune to magic Sleep effects and Paralysis effects
Natural Weapons: Two claws (1d4) and bite (1d6)
Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Ignan, Infernal, Orc, Terran, Undercommon
Favored Class: Sorcerer
LA+1

Feats:

Inherited Size
Despite being 'born small', you've inherited a greater propensity for size.
Prerequisite: Tibur Kosj, 6 HD
Benefit: Your size increases to medium. You lose your size bonus to Attack, AC, and hide checks.Your racial bonus to strength and constitution increases to +6, and you lose your racial bonus to dexterity. Your natural weapons increase in damage to reflect this size increase. Your maneuverability decreases to average.

Wing Strike
You've learned to use your wings as weapons, much like your larger relatives.
Prerequisite: Tibur Kosj
Benefit: You gain two secondary natural Wing attacks that deal 1d3 points of damage.

Tail Strike
You've learned to use your tail as a weapon, much like your larger relatives.
Benefit: You gain a secondary natural Tail attack, which deals 1d4 points of damage.

Air Inheritance
You've inherited your parent's inherent attachment to the air.
Prerequisite: Tibur Kos
Benefit: You gain the Air subtype. You become immune to the energy type of your breath weapon, your fly speed increases to 90 feet, and your maneuverability improves one step.
Special: Taking this feat prevents you from taking Cold, Earth, Fire or Water Inheritance.

Cold Inheritance
You've inherited your parent's inherent attachment to the cold.
Prerequisite: Tibur Kosj, Cold Breath Weapon
Benefit: You gain the Cold subtype. You become Immune to Cold and Vulnerable to Fire. Your breath weapon deals +1 damage per die.
Special: Taking this feat prevents you from taking Air, Earth, Fire or Water Inheritance.

Earth Inheritance
You've inherited your parent's inherent attachment to the earth.
Benefit: You gain the Earth Subtype. You become immune to the energy type of your breath weapon, and you gain a burrow speed equal to your base land speed. You can burrow through any material softer than solid stone. You can choose to leave a usable tunnel of your size behind you, or collapse the earth behind you. You can make a usable tunnel that is one size larger than yourself, but you must burrow at half speed to do so.
Special: Taking this feat prevents you from taking Air, Cold, Fire or Water Inheritance.

Fire Inheritance
You've inherited your parent's inherent attachment to fire.
Prerequisite: Tibur Kosj, Fire breath weapon
Benefit: You gain the Fire subtype. You become Immune to Fire, and Vulnerable to Cold. Your breath weapon deals +1 damage per die.
Special: Taking this feat prevents you from taking Air, Cold, Earth, or Water Inheritance.

Water Inheritance
You've inherited your parent's inherent attachment to the air.
Benefit: You gain the Water subtype. You become immune to the energy type of your breath weapon, you gain a swim speed equal to your base land speed and a +8 racial bonus to swim checks made to avoid a hazard or perform a special action underwater, and you gain Water Breathing.
Special: Taking this feat prevents you from taking Air, Cold, Earth, or Fire Inheritance.

Edge
2011-07-11, 05:18 PM
Looks pretty solid. Only thing is, I can't find an electricity-breathing dragon in the SRD with the Air subtype - only the bronze (water) and blue (earth). In fact, the only SRD dragon with the Air subtype is the green, which does acid damage with its breath weapon.

DracoDei
2011-07-11, 05:26 PM
This is overpowered by MM standards for LA... that means you are doing it right.

I was going to suggest that you change the favored class to fighter, but then I realized that sorcerer actually works better because that means that regardless of class you can dip sorcerer if you like without an XP penalty.

It does get flight early, which wrecks adventures that are based around that precious 5 levels before pits, swift rivers, etc become obsolete as obstacles... theoretically*. A suggested optional rule for GMs worried about that, regarding a minimum number of class levels before this race may be allowed into play might help (I believe that either 3.0 or all of 3.X suggests rules setting minimum character levels for lycanthropes**).

*Personally I think that if you are taking a 3rd level spell slot and making the rest of the party vulnerable while they cross on the rope the caster set up (not to mention the caster being somewhat vulnerable to while cut off and taking 10 on the use-rope check). Then the obstacle did something. EDIT: Note that this only makes the problem of giving them a continuous fly speed from the get go WORSE.

**Which should be theranthropes... old rant, see below if you care.
Lycanthrope means "wolf man" in Greek.
Theranthrope means "animal man" in Greek.
Many more people know the word Lycanthrope than know the word Theranthrope.
Apparently the creators of 3.X considered recognizably/clarity more important than precision/novelty. As an intellectual, I disagree with this decision.

Looks pretty solid. Only thing is, I can't find an electricity-breathing dragon in the SRD with the Air subtype - only the bronze (water) and blue (earth). In fact, the only SRD dragon with the Air subtype is the green, which does acid damage with its breath weapon.
I think that not limiting it to the SRD is good... there happens to be a thread with a huge number of true dragons in it on these boards (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169209).

Come to that I am very tempted to request or create a variant of this race for Barnstormer dragons (see my signature). They have the Air type and, as I like to say "The only breath weapon that OSHA* would probably approve as completely harmless".
*Occupational Safety & Health Administration (http://www.osha.gov/)

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-11, 05:42 PM
It looks fine, though there's still the problem of giving PCs access to Epic feats pre-epic. If that doesn't bother you, then okay.

Edge
2011-07-11, 05:48 PM
I think that not limiting it to the SRD is good... there happens to be a thread with a huge number of true dragons in it on these boards (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169209).

True, but my point is that as it stands, you can't play an accurate blue tibur kosj with an electric breath weapon and the Earth Inheritance feat.

DracoDei
2011-07-11, 06:24 PM
True, but my point is that as it stands, you can't play an accurate blue tibur kosj with an electric breath weapon and the Earth Inheritance feat.
Hmmm.... good point. Maybe re-write them so you select a base true dragon type and then make it a single feat that grants you the elemental type(s) (getting more than one elemental type is usually not very helpful), and one energy immunity of your parent?

Admiral Squish
2011-07-11, 08:30 PM

*blink*
*goes and checks*
*swears*

Okay, okay, I think I can fix this. How about I just strip off the specific energy immunity and the energy type prereq? I was trying to sorta guide the selection to keep PCs from getting wierd with it, but considering how weird dragons are already, I doubt it will be much of a difference. You're gonna have to explain it to your DM anyways, so.

This is overpowered by MM standards for LA... that means you are doing it right.

I was going to suggest that you change the favored class to fighter, but then I realized that sorcerer actually works better because that means that regardless of class you can dip sorcerer if you like without an XP penalty.

It does get flight early, which wrecks adventures that are based around that precious 5 levels before pits, swift rivers, etc become obsolete as obstacles... theoretically*. A suggested optional rule for GMs worried about that, regarding a minimum number of class levels before this race may be allowed into play might help (I believe that either 3.0 or all of 3.X suggests rules setting minimum character levels for lycanthropes**).

Come to that I am very tempted to request or create a variant of this race for Barnstormer dragons (see my signature). They have the Air type and, as I like to say "The only breath weapon that OSHA* would probably approve as completely harmless".
*Occupational Safety & Health Administration (http://www.osha.gov/)

Well, I'm glad you approve of the balance, more or less.

I think that sacrificing three class levels for flight two levels early is a more-or-less fair trade.

I think the proposed modification above would make it flexible enough to fit with unusual dragons.

It looks fine, though there's still the problem of giving PCs access to Epic feats pre-epic. If that doesn't bother you, then okay.

What feats, exactly?

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-11, 08:48 PM
What feats, exactly?

Let's see.

Additional Magic Item Space, Armor Skin, Blinding Speed, Colossal Wildshape, Combat Archery, Damage Reduction, Dexterous Fortitude, Dexterous Will, Diminutive Wild Shape, Dire Charge, Energy Resistance, Enhance Spell, Epic Endurance, Epic Fortitude, Epic Prowess, Epic Reflexes, Epic Reputation, Epic Speed, Epic Spell Penetration, Epic Toughness, Epic Weapon Focus, Epic Weapon Specialization, Epic Will, Exceptional Deflection, Familiar Spell, Fast Healing, Fine Wild Shape, Gargantuan Wild Shape, Great Charisma, Great Constitution, Great Dexterity, Great Intelligence, Great Smiting, Great Strength, Great Wisdom, Holy Strike, Improved Arrow of Death, Improved Aura of Courage, Improved Aura of Despair, Improved Combat Reflexes, Improved Darkvision, Improved Death Attack, Improved Elemental Wildshape, Improved Ki Strike, Improved Lowlight Vision, Improved Sneak Attack, Improved Stunning Fist, Improved Whirlwind Attack, Incite Rage, Infinite Deflection, Instant Reload, Keen Strike, Legendary Wrestler, Lingering Damage, Master Staff, Master Wand, Negative Energy Burst, Overwhelming Critical, Penetrate Damage Reduction, Perfect Health, Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting, Planar Turning, Polygot, Positive Energy Aura, Reflect Arrows, Righteous Strike, Sneak Attack of Opportunity, Spectral Strike, Spellcasting Harrier, Storm of Throws, Superior Initiative, Swarm of Arrows, Tenacious Magic, Two-Weapon Rend (the good one), Undead Mastery, Unholy Strike, Vorpal Strike, Widen Aura of Courage, Widen Aura of Despair, Zone of Animation

So yes, you could increase your stats with a feat, or gain Fast Healing or Damage Reduction, or 30 hit points (at 1st level). And yes, a character could easily qualify for all of these feats by level 12. (Most of them before that). I personally went through the Epic feat list and selected every feat that had only stat, class feature, feat, or Epic requirements.

Admiral Squish
2011-07-11, 09:05 PM
Let's see.

Additional Magic Item Space, Armor Skin, Blinding Speed, Colossal Wildshape, Combat Archery, Damage Reduction, Dexterous Fortitude, Dexterous Will, Diminutive Wild Shape, Dire Charge, Energy Resistance, Enhance Spell, Epic Endurance, Epic Fortitude, Epic Prowess, Epic Reflexes, Epic Reputation, Epic Speed, Epic Spell Penetration, Epic Toughness, Epic Weapon Focus, Epic Weapon Specialization, Epic Will, Exceptional Deflection, Familiar Spell, Fast Healing, Fine Wild Shape, Gargantuan Wild Shape, Great Charisma, Great Constitution, Great Dexterity, Great Intelligence, Great Smiting, Great Strength, Great Wisdom, Holy Strike, Improved Arrow of Death, Improved Aura of Courage, Improved Aura of Despair, Improved Combat Reflexes, Improved Darkvision, Improved Death Attack, Improved Elemental Wildshape, Improved Ki Strike, Improved Lowlight Vision, Improved Sneak Attack, Improved Stunning Fist, Improved Whirlwind Attack, Incite Rage, Infinite Deflection, Instant Reload, Keen Strike, Legendary Wrestler, Lingering Damage, Master Staff, Master Wand, Negative Energy Burst, Overwhelming Critical, Penetrate Damage Reduction, Perfect Health, Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting, Planar Turning, Polygot, Positive Energy Aura, Reflect Arrows, Righteous Strike, Sneak Attack of Opportunity, Spectral Strike, Spellcasting Harrier, Storm of Throws, Superior Initiative, Swarm of Arrows, Tenacious Magic, Two-Weapon Rend (the good one), Undead Mastery, Unholy Strike, Vorpal Strike, Widen Aura of Courage, Widen Aura of Despair, Zone of Animation

So yes, you could increase your stats with a feat, or gain Fast Healing or Damage Reduction, or 30 hit points (at 1st level). And yes, a character could easily qualify for all of these feats by level 12. (Most of them before that). I personally went through the Epic feat list and selected every feat that had only stat, class feature, feat, or Epic requirements.
So, wait, back up. How do ANY of those apply. You still can't pick up epic feats until level 21, as far as I know.

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-11, 09:06 PM
So, wait, back up. How do ANY of those apply. You still can't pick up epic feats until level 21, as far as I know.

The dragon type gets around that. Dragons can pick epic feats regardless of their HD/Character level. It's in the Draconomicon just before the section on Dragon Feats, which is on page 66.

Admiral Squish
2011-07-11, 09:12 PM
The dragon type gets around that. Dragons can pick epic feats regardless of their HD/Character level. It's in the Draconomicon just before the section on Dragon Feats, which is on page 66.

Well, that's a pretty stupid rule, to be honest.

*looks it up*

Yeah, it does specify 'old' dragons. If you play an Old Tibur Kosj so you can qualify for epic feats, just remember. There is no save VS. enraged DM.

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-11, 09:24 PM
Well, that's a pretty stupid rule, to be honest.

*looks it up*

Yeah, it does specify 'old' dragons. If you play an Old Tibur Kosj so you can qualify for epic feats, just remember. There is no save VS. enraged DM.

Well, since the Tibur Kosj is a dragon, there's no reason to not play it venerable so you can get a free +3 to all your mental stats. (Dragons don't receive penalties for aging). So a +5 to Int, Wis, and Cha, with no Con or Dex penalty for 2 Racial HD (which grant the highest chassis) and a +2 to Str and Con, and 1 LA, and free access to epic feats? Yeah, this sounds like the perfect start to a gish PC.

DracoDei
2011-07-11, 09:35 PM
I think the proposed modification above would make it flexible enough to fit with unusual dragons.
*Looks at the [Air] Type*
Well, I see a speed increase, a maneuverability increase, and... a electricity breath-weapon pre-requisite.
That doesn't really work for me.
I can make my own variants unless you want to do something more than a quick fix.

As for Epic feats, the thread that has the mechanics you need is as follows: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206788 .

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-11, 09:40 PM
Well, I see a speed increase, a maneuverability increase, and... a electricity breath-weapon pre-requisite.
I can make my own variants unless you want to do something more than a quick fix.

As for Epic feats, the thread that has the mechanics you need is as follows: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206788 .

Ouch. You went where I wasn't going to go. But yeah, Squish, even if you say "There's no Save versus enraged DM", the point of PEACH and balance is to prevent an unbalanced solution altogether. You got upset at my thread, when yours offers so much more. (And when you pointed out that mine was broken, I actually went ahead and nerfed it quite a bit, whereas when I tried to help you, you brushed me off)

Admiral Squish
2011-07-11, 09:57 PM
Well, since the Tibur Kosj is a dragon, there's no reason to not play it venerable so you can get a free +3 to all your mental stats. (Dragons don't receive penalties for aging). So a +5 to Int, Wis, and Cha, with no Con or Dex penalty for 2 Racial HD (which grant the highest chassis) and a +2 to Str and Con, and 1 LA, and free access to epic feats? Yeah, this sounds like the perfect start to a gish PC.

Again, a silly rule. I'll have to come up with something to fix that...

I meant the fix I'd proposed earlier in that post. The one with removing the energy type breath weapon prerequisite and the specific energy immunity. I went and applied it to all of them but cold and fire, which have subtype traits specifically tied to their elements.

The problem with that ruling is that it would require a new subtype. I'll probably used the wording involved there somehow, but I'll have to approach for a different angle.

Ouch. You went where I wasn't going to go. But yeah, Squish, even if you say "There's no Save versus enraged DM", the point of PEACH and balance is to prevent an unbalanced solution altogether. You got upset at my thread, when yours offers so much more. (And when you pointed out that mine was broken, I actually went ahead and nerfed it quite a bit, whereas when I tried to help you, you brushed me off)

Well, to start off, I would hardly say 'upset'. I saw a major problem that nobody else seemed to be bringing up, so I played the bad guy and pointed out in the kind of wording that most wouldn't be able to ignore.

As for 'brushing you off', it's a well-known problem that most DMs would know to be wary of. Every mention of kobolds I've seen on this forum has made mention of those rules. I simply didn't think it was necessary for me to make special mention of a pair of rule-abuses that no self-respecting player or DM would ever allow in a game. However, since it seems it DOES need to be mentioned, I'll work something out.

DracoDei
2011-07-11, 11:59 PM
Ok, the speed and maneuverability increase made me think you were trying to... never mind.

Also, you quoted me, and then directed a comment to Squish. Was that intentional?

Edge
2011-07-12, 05:17 AM
It's worth noting that the relevant rules only apply to true dragons: that is, dragons with 12 age categories that get stronger as they age (this is how dragonwrought kobolds get the bonuses they do: they have 12 age categories based on the draconic ones and don't suffer ageing penalties). The fix for this is simple: Squish need only add a racial trait to them that states that they do not, and never are, treated as true dragons. Problem fixed.

The new Inheritance feats look perfect.

Also, I may need to whip up a PrC for these guys at some point.

Admiral Squish
2011-07-12, 07:56 AM
Ok, the speed and maneuverability increase made me think you were trying to... never mind.

Also, you quoted me, and then directed a comment to Squish. Was that intentional?

Okay, I'm confused. What did you think I was trying to do?

It's worth noting that the relevant rules only apply to true dragons: that is, dragons with 12 age categories that get stronger as they age (this is how dragonwrought kobolds get the bonuses they do: they have 12 age categories based on the draconic ones and don't suffer ageing penalties). The fix for this is simple: Squish need only add a racial trait to them that states that they do not, and never are, treated as true dragons. Problem fixed.

The new Inheritance feats look perfect.

Also, I may need to whip up a PrC for these guys at some point.

I added a racial trait called 'false youth', which makes it so they gain neither bonuses OR penalties from aging, and requires then to be level 21 for epic feats.

I'm glad the feats are working. It seems a little odd to have fire and cold still requiring specific breath weapons. Also, I'm a bit worried the fire and cold feats aren't quite as strong as the others. Especially considering they give vulnerability.

Oooh! That'd be awesome! I'll keep an eye out for it! :smallbiggrin:

DracoDei
2011-07-12, 10:51 AM
Okay, I'm confused. What did you think I was trying to do?
Allow for Wing Dragons. I keep seeing cool stuff for dragons (Homebrew and Draconomicon), but the majority of it doesn't work with Wing Dragons because while they do fight with their breathweapons, they do so by using it to hide in so they can get their racial sneak attack(ONE breathweapon... OSHA approvable). I realize that, at the end of the day, this is entirely my own fault for making a dexterity-based dragon that fights like a rogue/sorcerer, not a fighter/sorcerer.

Admiral Squish
2011-07-12, 03:17 PM
Allow for Wing Dragons. I keep seeing cool stuff for dragons (Homebrew and Draconomicon), but the majority of it doesn't work with Wing Dragons because while they do fight with their breathweapons, they do so by using it to hide in so they can get their racial sneak attack(ONE breathweapon... OSHA approvable). I realize that, at the end of the day, this is entirely my own fault for making a dexterity-based dragon that fights like a rogue/sorcerer, not a fighter/sorcerer.

Well, yeah. The general idea is to open the whole thing up so you can use it even with non-core dragon types. I mean, it might not work PERFECTLY with your wing dragon, but I'm sure you can work something out to make it work.