PDA

View Full Version : What time is it? (Adventure Time Season 3)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Dr.Epic
2011-07-11, 05:18 PM
The premiere is tonight and I'm excited. I'm also interested in the direction the show'll take since the season 2 finale. Should be interesting.

Fri
2011-07-14, 12:22 AM
You know what would be a twist? If they disregarded the end of the previous season and they just shrugs it with, "eh, a wizard did it."

MCerberus
2011-07-14, 12:26 AM
Well, about the end of the last season
Well a wizard did do it. Most of the ITs in that ending were done via wizard

Dvandemon
2011-07-17, 05:04 AM
I'm upset that it was only 15 minutes rather than a half hour *hrmpf*

Dr.Epic
2011-07-17, 04:18 PM
I'm upset that it was only 15 minutes rather than a half hour *hrmpf*

But every episode is 15 minutes.

Dvandemon
2011-07-29, 04:35 PM
So there seems to be quite a bit of Kings in this season. Fight King is my favorite. Marceline's boyfriend Ash, at least in his disguise makes me think of the Exiles from Homestuck

Dr.Epic
2011-07-29, 04:38 PM
So there seems to be quite a bit of Kings in this season. Fight King is my favorite. Marceline's boyfriend Ash, at least in his disguise makes me think of the Exiles from Homestuck

I'm really disappointed he didn't turn out to be Ash from Evil Dead. Bruce Campbell in Adventure Time: Hell Yeah!!!

Bad Situation
2011-08-02, 01:33 PM

I want to see the Vampire King.

But I think he's dead. As in, re-dead.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-02, 05:31 PM
After seeing this clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CswZ4k89MJQ), I'm really looking forward to the Fionna/Cake episode. If Adventure Time does ever get canceled, they can just re-pitch it as with female main characters. I am really not looking forward to Jake's gender swapped character. I think it's the voice. I'm a huge fan of Bender from Futurama so I love the fact his voice actor is Jake, and who ever they got for Cake just doesn't sound like Jake's female version.

chiasaur11
2011-08-02, 05:42 PM
Adventure Time is excellent.

Most upbeat post apocalyptic Earth I can think of.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-02, 05:45 PM
Most upbeat post apocalyptic Earth I can think of.

I have to confess, I didn't realize the show was post apocalyptic until I read the TV tropes page. I never thought to think all this high-tech stuff and nuclear waste had a purpose. I thought it was just random stuff thrown into the background. I mean, there are anthropomorphic candy people. Should I over-think this stuff?

chiasaur11
2011-08-02, 06:14 PM
I have to confess, I didn't realize the show was post apocalyptic until I read the TV tropes page. I never thought to think all this high-tech stuff and nuclear waste had a purpose. I thought it was just random stuff thrown into the background. I mean, there are anthropomorphic candy people. Should I over-think this stuff?

Mushroom war.

And I'm not saying to overthink it, but Adventure Time has a lot more subtext than most kids shows.

And more character development. It's interesting.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-02, 06:24 PM
Mushroom war.

In this setting, there could be mushroom people. It can be interpreted many ways.

And I'm not saying to overthink it, but Adventure Time has a lot more subtext than most kids shows.

Yeah, but still, there is some dark comedy in the series so I just thought "Eh, nuclear waste, whatever." Take the balloons in one episode who exclaim joy when they learn they can finally float up to the stratosphere and die. Explain that.

Dvandemon
2011-08-02, 11:29 PM
Uh... it's hell being a balloon? Seriously think about it, you can't really control where you go in a moderate wind, you have no way of interacting with anything, your only purpose is to float and be towed around places, you can pretty die anywhere outside a house. I'd be a little suicidal if I were sentient in that situation.

Also, the Mushroom War also involved the return of magic, so there's that.

Dr. Epic, you should find a nice piece of fanart to top this strip.

MCerberus
2011-08-02, 11:32 PM
Post Apocalypse Earth = Adventure Time is one of those 'And now I cannot unsee it'. There's ruins of modern cities in a lot of places. But everything's so happy about it.

Personal theory is that Ooo shares a border with Equestria.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-02, 11:42 PM

I think Ooo is just Fantasia from the Neverending Story. After the third movie, I think people just stopped caring and the writers realized no matter how stupid they make it, it can't get worse than this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI8tnimejKY&feature=related)

Dvandemon
2011-08-03, 04:32 PM
Post Apocalypse Earth = Adventure Time is one of those 'And now I cannot unsee it'. There's ruins of modern cities in a lot of places. But everything's so happy about it.

I think that Pen also said no one realizes it. But even if they did, what's there to be sad about? There's evil but there's heroes too, and we can tell that Ooo is pretty awesome even with all the monsters.

chiasaur11
2011-08-03, 05:44 PM
I think that Pen also said no one realizes it. But even if they did, what's there to be sad about? There's evil but there's heroes too, and we can tell that Ooo is pretty awesome even with all the monsters.

Yeah.

Mushroom war was bad, but hey. No one was left who could remember how it had happened, at least, no-one who would do anything.
Or so Dr. Wily believed.
Marceline, some business men in ice. Maybe a few others outside the afterlife and the nightosphere. But it's been a long time since, long enough for baseline humanity to nearly go extinct, wars to be fought, and a lot of other stuff went down.

The present is pretty sweet. There's a cure for death.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-10, 01:49 AM
WHAT!?!?!? They changed PB back into an adult? What was the point of even making her a child then?

The Tygre
2011-08-10, 02:41 AM
I can't be sure, but I think it had something to do with the voice actresses. The original voice actress wanted to quit, so they planned to change PB and get a new voice actress. But the the original VA signed back on, so here we are. Or at least I think that might be it. At least it makes sense.

TheSummoner
2011-08-10, 12:31 PM
And even if it wasn't for any VA issues, it still did have an in-show purpose. The entire thing showed Finn that it could work. Now that she's five years older than him again, it won't be easy, but he has to be persistant. He might have to defeat a demon lord and warp through several worlds. But once he does, he can walk up the wizard stairs and produce his magic key he got in the water world and unlock the chamber door. Then he can walk up to the princess and give her a smooch.

I kinda felt sorry for Pepperint Butler this whole episode... Spice in the eye, licked by Lemongrab... He just couldn't get a break this episode...

Dr.Epic
2011-08-10, 04:02 PM
I kinda felt sorry for Pepperint Butler this whole episode... Spice in the eye, licked by Lemongrab... He just couldn't get a break this episode...

I don't feel sorry for him. Guy wants Finn and Jake's flesh, probably killed some guy, knows how to travel to the underworld, and is friends with death. Guy is more disturbing that a cultist from an H.P. Lovecraft story.

TheSummoner
2011-08-10, 04:24 PM
But he's also adorable! He's one of my favorite characters. Sure, he may not get as much spotlight as many of the others, but he's still awesome.

And he was entitled to eat their flesh! They had a deal!

Dr.Epic
2011-08-10, 05:09 PM
But he's also adorable! He's one of my favorite characters. Sure, he may not get as much spotlight as many of the others, but he's still awesome.

I never said he wasn't awesome. He's one of my favorite characters. I just can't feel sorry for a character that wants other people's flesh.

Fjolnir
2011-08-10, 09:08 PM
I will admit that I have missed the new season of AT so far, though the fact that this has appeared (http://www.levelupstudios.com/adventure-core-time), fills me with joy...

Dr.Epic
2011-08-11, 04:11 AM
Wait, does this mean if Princess Bubblegum gets cut in half, there could be two 13 year old princesses walking around? Finn could potentially be dating twins! All he has to do is brutally massacre the love of his life.:smallwink:

TheSummoner
2011-08-11, 10:48 AM
Nah, it would be two nine year old PBs if she was cut perfectly in half and they didn't put her back together.

Raistlin1040
2011-08-11, 03:40 PM
So I just got into this show via a friend's recommendation. Almost done with the first season now. This show is a quality program.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-11, 06:12 PM
Nah, it would be two nine year old PBs if she was cut perfectly in half and they didn't put her back together.

That's why you add a little candy to each of the twins.

Elrik
2011-08-12, 12:56 AM
On one hand, the gender swapped episode looks awesome (Grey Delisle!), but if the personalities of the characters change simply due to them now being women/men, someone could cry "unfortunate implications", which I'm not looking forward to.

Additionally I'm mad at myself for missing the new season three episodes. I can't believe myself, I literally have nothing better to do on mondays and I'm missing Adventure Time due to sheer forgetfulness!

Also,

why is Prince Gumball eighteen? shouldn't he be, y'know...younger? Or did Fionna not fight the Lich in this universe?

TheSummoner
2011-08-12, 01:03 AM
Heh...

If you'd been watching the episodes, you'd know that... (seriously, spoiler alert)

Princess Bubblegum re-ages up. Or you could've gathered enough from the thread itself which said as much unspoilered.

Elrik
2011-08-12, 01:23 AM
Heh...

If you'd been watching the episodes, you'd know that... (seriously, spoiler alert)

Princess Bubblegum re-ages up. Or you could've gathered enough from the thread itself which said as much unspoilered.

THEN THAT MUST MEAN HYNDEN WALCH (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PrecociousCrush)IS BACK HOORAY!

Wow, I've missed quite a bit...

Dr.Epic
2011-08-12, 09:04 AM
THEN THAT MUST MEAN HYNDEN WALCH (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PrecociousCrush)IS BACK HOORAY!

Wow, I've missed quite a bit...

Yeah, I love that voice actor: from Chalkzone, to Teen Titans, to Gurren Lagann, she's pretty awesome.

Daftendirekt
2011-08-12, 11:34 AM
I'm disappointed that they re-aged Princess Bubblegum. 13-year-old her was so friggin' adorable, and it was nice seeing her and Finn actually having fun and stuff... for all of one episode. Now she's back to being condescending.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-13, 11:22 AM
I'm disappointed that they re-aged Princess Bubblegum. 13-year-old her was so friggin' adorable, and it was nice seeing her and Finn actually having fun and stuff... for all of one episode. Now she's back to being condescending.

While I liked the relationship between Finn and 13 year old Bubblegum, I would have missed all her hidden subtle psychotic tendencies, like at the end of Dungeon.

Sarco_Phage
2011-08-18, 08:05 AM
And even if it wasn't for any VA issues, it still did have an in-show purpose. The entire thing showed Finn that it could work. Now that she's five years older than him again, it won't be easy, but he has to be persistant. He might have to defeat a demon lord and warp through several worlds. But once he does, he can walk up the wizard stairs and produce his magic key he got in the water world and unlock the chamber door. Then he can walk up to the princess and give her a smooch.

I always thought the "wizard stairs" was a metaphor like Jesse Moynihan (who storyboarded that episode) said.

Since we've already seen at least one leaked storyboard that reveals that, yes, Finn will be aging over the course of the show, the wizard stairs could simply be - you know, growing up.

That's why you add a little candy to each of the twins.

Doesn't Princess Bubblegum have to die in the first place before they have to put her back together? I mean, I doubt she'd get younger if you took a bit of her hair off.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-18, 08:17 AM
Doesn't Princess Bubblegum have to die in the first place before they have to put her back together? I mean, I doubt she'd get younger if you took a bit of her hair off.

I doubt death in the candy kingdom is nothing more than a minor inconvenience. She died once and was brought back wasn't she? Not to mention one of the first episodes of the series involved zombie candy people.

Also, is anyone else excited about Fionna and Cake?:smallbiggrin:

Sarco_Phage
2011-08-18, 08:22 AM
I doubt death in the candy kingdom is nothing more than a minor inconvenience. She died once and was brought back wasn't she? Not to mention one of the first episodes of the series involved zombie candy people.

Also, is anyone else excited about Fionna and Cake?:smallbiggrin:

I'm excited for Fionna and Cake, especially given the hilarious spoilers I've gotten off /co/.

Also, If I remember correctly, dying for Princess Bubblegum might be a bit more of an inconvenience than for most of her subjects, since she's (according to the creators) half-human. The other half of course is radioactive bubblegum.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-18, 08:32 AM
Also, If I remember correctly, dying for Princess Bubblegum might be a bit more of an inconvenience than for most of her subjects, since she's (according to the creators) half-human. The other half of course is radioactive bubblegum.

Well she was possessed by a lich, exploded, and put back together and was just fine. I think she could go through this again.

Daftendirekt
2011-09-17, 04:39 PM
I find it hilarious that they did an episode essentially tipping their hat to all the gender-bent fanart out there turning Finn and Jake female -- Fionna and Cake. It was even better because EVERYBODY was gender-bent. I think my favorite was Lord Monochromicorn.

Fjolnir
2011-09-17, 06:05 PM
I don't know what creeped me out more about that episode, that the ice king writes fanfiction about his own universe or that he ships finn/ice king...

Daftendirekt
2011-09-17, 06:15 PM
I don't know what creeped me out more about that episode, that the ice king writes fanfiction about his own universe or that he ships finn/ice kingfionna/ice queen...

Fixed for ya :smallwink:

Fjolnir
2011-09-17, 06:33 PM
fionna/ice king, at the very end.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-17, 06:52 PM
It's like the writers said "Stupid internet nerds! You can't write fanfics about Adventure Time! We already did that and got it on TV!":smalltongue::smallwink:

TheSummoner
2011-09-17, 08:02 PM
The Ice King is creepy...

Venom3053000
2011-09-17, 08:55 PM
everyone in the show is creepy you can't go an episode in the series without someone doing something to make you want to scream and run from them as fast as you can or at least back away from them.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-17, 09:08 PM

Peppermint Butler is far creepier.

I want you skin. I'm gonna take it from you.

Daftendirekt
2011-09-17, 09:22 PM
everyone in the show is creepy you can't go an episode in the series without someone doing something to make you want to scream and run from them as fast as you can or at least back away from them.

Really? I find the constant, dormant creepiness in every character part of the charm of the show. It's what makes it hilarious.

TheSummoner
2011-09-18, 01:44 AM
Peppermint Butler is far creepier.

I want you skin. I'm gonna take it from you.

He was entitled to that flesh! They agreed when they accepted his help to get into the underworld!

Dr.Epic
2011-09-18, 04:06 PM
He was entitled to that flesh! They agreed when they accepted his help to get into the underworld!

Doesn't matter. Guy's still weird for wanting someone's skin. Plus, he knew the grim reaper. I think Peppermint is just a demon in disguise.

Pokonic
2011-09-18, 05:02 PM
Doesn't matter. Guy's still weird for wanting someone's skin. Plus, he knew the grim reaper. I think Peppermint is just a demon in disguise.

Well, he is not a normal candy person by any means. I mean, lets see, he is friends with Death, knows how to go into the underworld, and hisses at a lich possesed Princess Bubblegum. Hisses. Sprouts fangs and everything. I would say he is a vampire, but then he would bubble up in the sun. No, he is something worse.

TheSummoner
2011-09-18, 07:08 PM
And how do you know that all peppermint people aren't like that? It's starting to sound like you're racist against peppermint or something...

Dr.Epic
2011-09-18, 09:23 PM
What I don't get is how come they're taking a break for a few weeks after the gender switched episode? What the math? I need my fix man!:smallwink:

Also, after seeing the gender switched episode, would anyone like to see an alignment switched episode? Maybe it's just because the Linear Guild is back, but wouldn't you like to see anti-paladin Finn dressed all in black and Lawful Good Ice King?:smallbiggrin:

Daftendirekt
2011-09-19, 12:41 AM
Well, we already had the Nice King.

God, he looked creepy without a beard.

Elrik
2011-09-19, 12:54 AM

Nah, the Lich is/was (I think he's still alive in that snail or something) probably the creepiest thing on the show next to the guardian angel.*

The Lich's only reaction to Finn putting a sweater through his eye sockets was maniacal laughter, and then there's the fact that he has a skull with torn off skin where his lips should be, I never got how that worked.

*In my opinion :smallredface:

What I don't get is how come they're taking a break for a few weeks after the gender switched episode? What the math? I need my fix man!:smallwink:

At least I'll still have the not-as-good-but-still-funny Regular Show to watch.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-19, 01:08 AM
Well, we already had the Nice King.

God, he looked creepy without a beard.

But he was still Evil. He just lied about being good which made him even more evil.

Come on! I want to see Marceline's Dad as all Lawful Good.

Pokonic
2011-09-24, 02:48 PM
But he was still Evil. He just lied about being good which made him even more evil.

Come on! I want to see Marceline's Dad as all Lawful Good.

As ruler of the Dayosquare?

Dr.Epic
2011-09-24, 03:56 PM

Yes. AWESOME!:smalltongue:

Pokonic
2011-09-24, 06:21 PM
Oh, there is a fan-theory out on the net that I find rather interesting.
It states that the reason that MF and the Businessmen ( and by extention Marceline), are what could best be discribed as proto-goblins, or in other terms humans who are a generation or so removed from normal humans to the point that they are a different species,one that did not last long evidently. Which could mean one of two things, realy.

One is that humans where already mutating before the war, which would have interesting implications with the mere existance of Finn.

The other is that magic is the cause of the existance of Marceline and such, and that the GMW was fought with magical weapons that left the very few survivers of the varying bombs where changed to the point they where not human anymore. Some became very powerful ( in the case of MD) or went utterly insane ( the lich). The mutents and zombies and such are the decendents of those who where effected by the fallout and, with the help of the power of magic, adapted to the newfound crazyness of the world that would be later called Ooo.

As for the fish people that look far more like humans, my personal guess is that they where probably the decendents of people who went underground before the bombs struck, and eventualy mutated into what they are now due to both radiation leaking in and magic screwing things up.

On the other hand, the varying blueish humanoids that exist, such as the Ice king and Billy, are very much related to each other and are the closest decendents of the varying survivers of the bombs, which would explain why they are all at least adults with at least a few years on the average inhabitant of Ooo( and in the case of the ice king about 600 years, and who knows how old Billy is!)

TheSummoner
2011-09-24, 11:18 PM

Dayocube :smallamused:

Dr.Epic
2011-09-24, 11:43 PM
Dayocube :smallamused:

The cube...?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/CosmicCube.jpg

There's a crossover I'd love to see.:smallwink:

Elrik
2011-09-25, 01:18 AM
The cube...?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/CosmicCube.jpg

There's a crossover I'd love to see.:smallwink:

*Thanos pulls out cosmic cube*

*Finn pulls out Four Dimensional Bubble (http://adventuretimewithfinnandjake.wikia.com/wiki/The_Real_You)*

*Bubble devours cube, then explodes*

WINNER: Stalemate. Thanos and Finn decide to befriend eachother and talk about relationship troubles instead.

If only Marvel could make a deal with Cartoon Network...

OH! It also looks like a new episode is on tomorrow. If only the College workload was a bit smaller, then I might be able to see it :smallfrown:.

The Tygre
2011-09-25, 01:28 AM
Extended preview (five minutes!) of Monday's episode, y'all! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LASHmj_6XI)

Y'know, there comes a time in every man's life where he needs to spit on his hands, raise the black flag, and start shipping yuri. :smallamused:

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 01:59 AM
Y'know, there comes a time in every man's life where he needs to spit on his hands, raise the black flag, and start shipping yuri.

Amen.:smallamused:

Also, Jake was channeling Bender during his last lines. Beemo made that face.

And Marcelines song pretty much proves that any sort of censoring has cuddled itself into its own little corner and died.
Oh, this is going to be a great episode,even more so for shippers. Perhapes even on the levels Fiona and Cake generated. I can just feel it, man.

And remember this, ladys. If nether of you want him,you always have each other. :smallwink:

Daftendirekt
2011-09-25, 02:36 AM
Oh Marceline, I love you so. And it's so cute that she has a girly-crush on PB.

Yeah, I could definitely hear Bender coming through at the end there.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-25, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I could definitely hear Bender coming through at the end there.

What? You guys are nuts. This is a show set in the future about a youthful male with an overactive imagination with a non-human sidekick roommate with stretchy limbs set in a sci-fi fantasy world, and the protagonist has a crush on a female mutant with violet hair. Now what show does it sound like I'm describing?

Daftendirekt
2011-09-25, 11:31 AM
Psh, PB's hair isn't violet. And Marceline's is more of a bluish-black.

Also, I never thought of Fry as having an overactive imagination. He seemed like kind of an idiot, really. Thus the humor.

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 11:43 AM
Also, I never thought of Fry as having an overactive imagination. He seemed like kind of an idiot, really. Thus the humor.

Yeah, Fry is a idiot. He has almost no imagination whatsoever. Just like Finn.:smalltongue:

Daftendirekt
2011-09-25, 11:50 AM
Finn is an adventurer who swallowed a computer!

Of course he has imagination!

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 11:56 AM
Of course he has imagination!

Ahem. Avery dull and boring one (http://adventuretimewithfinnandjake.wikia.com/wiki/Rainy_Day_Daydream), without a doubt.

Daftendirekt
2011-09-25, 12:22 PM
Did you not read this line?

"Finn smacks the bug away and turns its arms into a robot arm and a octopus tentacle and then the arms start to beat up the bug. And then some penguins come and crowd around the bug, and carry it away."

That rocks. And Finn imagined it.

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 12:39 PM
Did you not read this line?

"Finn smacks the bug away and turns its arms into a robot arm and a octopus tentacle and then the arms start to beat up the bug. And then some penguins come and crowd around the bug, and carry it away."

That rocks. And Finn imagined it.

Bah, you win. I hope you feel happy.:smalltongue:

Daftendirekt
2011-09-25, 12:50 PM
I feel...

http://archives.frederatorblogs.com/adventure_time/files/2008/04/algebraic_by_eggels.jpg

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 01:05 PM
@ Annulus

Mathmatical, dude.

Anyway, lets talk about our crazy thoughts about the upcoming episodes. Any guesses on what "Dads Dungeon" is about?

Nameless
2011-09-25, 01:39 PM
I've only seen the first episode of this show and I loved it. I keep meaning to watch more but never seem to get the chance. Is the rest of it as good as the episode 1? :smallbiggrin:

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 01:50 PM
I've only seen the first episode of this show and I loved it. I keep meaning to watch more but never seem to get the chance. Is the rest of it as good as the episode 1?

Oh, it only gets better from there, my good man!

Actualy, I consider the first few episodes a bit worse compared to the rest, but this is due to them still ironing out what exactly what they are going with this. The stuff from the Jiggler onwords is all gold, however. Expect more plot in later episodes, and it gets kind of heavy in some of them. As a whole, everyone gets charecter development, and everything important that has been mentioned before will be mentioned again. Also, look for the snail in every episode, and see how many skulls on the ground you can find in any place they go. Trust me, its more entertaining than it sounds.:smallbiggrin:

Daftendirekt
2011-09-25, 01:52 PM
Also, look for the snail in every episode

Damnit, now I need to rewatch every single episode.

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 02:00 PM
Damnit, now I need to rewatch every single episode.

How is that a problem?

Daftendirekt
2011-09-25, 02:02 PM
Time consuming!

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 02:04 PM
Time consuming!

Well, do you know what time is it?

Adventure Time waching Time!

Daftendirekt
2011-09-25, 02:09 PM
Let me go grab my friends.

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 02:11 PM
Let me go grab my friends.

May you go to distant lands.:smalltongue:

Dr.Epic
2011-09-25, 02:48 PM
I'll get your kid back toy.:smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2011-09-25, 04:55 PM
Oh, it only gets better from there, my good man!

Actualy, I consider the first few episodes a bit worse compared to the rest, but this is due to them still ironing out what exactly what they are going with this. The stuff from the Jiggler onwords is all gold, however. Expect more plot in later episodes, and it gets kind of heavy in some of them. As a whole, everyone gets charecter development, and everything important that has been mentioned before will be mentioned again. Also, look for the snail in every episode, and see how many skulls on the ground you can find in any place they go. Trust me, its more entertaining than it sounds.:smallbiggrin:

As long as it still has the same random funnies in it, I'll be happy. :smallbiggrin:
But sounds good, I'll definitely watch some more of it when I get the chance.

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 05:02 PM
As long as it still has the same random funnies in it, I'll be happy.
But sounds good, I'll definitely watch some more of it when I get the chance.

Oh, the funnys never stop, its just that they get more plot in it as well. Not another show like it on right now.

Fjolnir
2011-09-25, 05:26 PM
They seem to know exactly how much they can cram into the 11 minutes they have to tell their story, which is good.

Daftendirekt
2011-09-25, 05:27 PM
And they cram impressive stories into 11 minutes, sometimes.

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 05:36 PM
That, and for being such a odd show it has some of the best continuity of any show ever, and can stay enertaining every time you see it.

I have seen Fiona and Cake about 8 times already, and I am still amused by it.

Lurkmoar
2011-09-25, 06:49 PM
The ending of Fiona and Cake is what really got me.

I like this show quite a bit. I can almost never see the endings coming! The Royal Tart Totaler? Holy crap!

Daftendirekt
2011-09-25, 06:52 PM
One of my favorite aspects of this show is still the fact that Finn can speak in a synth voice because he swallowed a computer.

Pokonic
2011-09-25, 06:59 PM
I like this show quite a bit. I can almost never see the endings coming! The Royal Tart Totaler? Holy crap!

This too. I mean, realy, how many where actualy a little shocked during the first few seconds of that moment from Fiona and cake? This show has tested the boundrys of what the PG rating can withstand.

One of my favorite aspects of this show is still the fact that Finn can speak in a synth voice because he swallowed a computer.

And the fact we never saw how he got that little computer is funny in its own strange way.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-26, 07:12 PM
That ending was awesome!

They beat up the door lord and Marceline turned into Madonna.:smallwink:

Pokonic
2011-09-26, 08:45 PM
That ending was awesome!

Indeed it was.:smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2011-09-26, 08:49 PM
Indeed it was.:smallbiggrin:

Another Broken Aesop for the series! How many does this make so far?

Pokonic
2011-09-26, 09:07 PM
Another Broken Aesop for the series! How many does this make so far?

62! Stupid requirments...

TheSummoner
2011-09-26, 10:12 PM
Heh, totally saw the door lord getting beaten to a pulp coming.

Lurkmoar
2011-09-27, 01:20 AM
Adventure Time: chock full of spoofed Aesops. It was nice seeing that call back of BG's hair.

Not sure if spoiler. Better safe then sorry.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-27, 02:33 PM
Wait...

Did they get the kid's train back too?:smallconfused:

Fjolnir
2011-09-27, 02:44 PM
you mean the toy's kid?

Dr.Epic
2011-09-27, 02:51 PM
you mean the toy's kid?

Yes, of course.:smallwink:

Fjolnir
2011-09-27, 02:53 PM
the worst part of that statement is it is PERFECTLY logical within the rules of the AT-universe that the child thing is a toy and the train is its offspring...

Pokonic
2011-09-27, 09:49 PM
Also, the fact that the producers forget nothing is also great as well.

Also, anyone else think that beemo, if something like him came out today, would be the best thing ever? He is a power generater, game system, 8-bit musical instrament, and snarky korean buddy all in one! :smallbiggrin:

Daftendirekt
2011-09-28, 11:40 AM
Beemo is so cute and hilarious. I think (s)he is second only to Marceline as my favorite.

Pokonic
2011-09-28, 02:06 PM
Beemo is so cute and hilarious. I think (s)he is second only to Marceline as my favorite.

Fun fact : beemo was stated on one of the blogs to have a episode focusing on his backstory slated for this season. Being a game system, I could see this dwelling into what life was like before the GMW, as well.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-28, 06:11 PM

The cutest character on the show has to be that thief girl Penny. Man, she's totally Haley as a kid.

Lurkmoar
2011-09-28, 07:38 PM
"You took my purity!"

Oh brother, that one had chuckling.

Daftendirekt
2011-09-28, 11:40 PM
I forgot who you were talking about for a second. The whole town of thieves, right?

Dr.Epic
2011-09-29, 12:14 AM
I forgot who you were talking about for a second. The whole town of thieves, right?

Yep! Best thief ever!:smallbiggrin:

Pokonic
2011-09-30, 09:54 PM
Modays episode seems to focus on Tree Trunks. Talk?

TheSummoner
2011-09-30, 10:16 PM
Tree Trunks is the sexiest adventure ever. I'm sure she'll use her womanly charms to get past any obstacles that may stand in their way.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-30, 11:25 PM
Tree Trunks is the sexiest adventure ever.

Tree Trunks is an adventure?:smallconfused:

Daftendirekt
2011-09-30, 11:34 PM
Oh wow, I totally forgot about Tree Trunks, we haven't seen her in forever. She's hilarious though. Really, is there a character that isn't hilarious? Like that ****ing goose that has random stuff to sell Finn. WTF?

TheSummoner
2011-10-01, 10:31 AM
Tree Trunks is an adventure?:smallconfused:

Thanks to my typo, yes. Yes she is.

Lurkmoar
2011-10-01, 02:55 PM
Tree Trunk's voice when the fly landed on that pie scared me.

A slightly random thought, the blood oath of the balloons. I was surprised as hell that they allowed them to say "We can finally die!" on air. The balloons were celebrating their upcoming death. :smalleek:

Pokonic
2011-10-01, 04:58 PM
A slightly random thought, the blood oath of the balloons. I was surprised as hell that they allowed them to say "We can finally die!" on air. The balloons were celebrating their upcoming death.

Ooo is a weird place. It is, however, the most fun post-apocaliptic worlds that has ever existed in childerens programing.

TheSummoner
2011-10-01, 08:56 PM
To the mesosphere! :smallyuk:

Elrik
2011-10-01, 10:27 PM
Modays episode seems to focus on Tree Trunks. Talk?

GAWD PLEASE NO! NOT ANOTHER COOL EPISODE I WILL SURELY MISS DUE TO ALL THIS WOOOORRRKKK!

The first tree trunks episode was by far one of the coolest and funniest of the series. I don't think there was any one point where I wasn't chuckling to death during it.

Daftendirekt
2011-10-01, 11:14 PM
Any of you guys know about Master Toons? It has all of CN's stuff on it very soon after it airs. It's how I've been watching AT this whole time.

Dr.Epic
2011-10-01, 11:49 PM
Man, I really hope the apple thief is Penny. She's adorable and awesome! I want to see more of her like I want to see more of Billy and Marceline's dad. That'd be an awesome spinoff. Billy constant fighting against the evil forces of Penny and Marceline's dad. I'd watch that. We already have the theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKwfOiwrmfg&feature=related).

Elrik
2011-10-02, 12:55 AM
We already have the theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKwfOiwrmfg&feature=related).

Man, I really want to see a full sequence of him fighting that ocean.

The bear fight was cool too, but I'm still amazed that he slayed a sentient ocean.

Oh, and funniest part of that episode: LSP blasts that old guy who tries to flatter her out of nowhere. I don't remember exactly how it happened but I think he was like, "hey, I think you look pretty good ther--BAM!"

Dr.Epic
2011-10-02, 02:10 AM
Man, I really want to see a full sequence of him fighting that ocean.

But we did. He punched it out in on blow. He's that awesome.

Oh, and funniest part of that episode: LSP blasts that old guy who tries to flatter her out of nowhere. I don't remember exactly how it happened but I think he was like, "hey, I think you look pretty good ther--BAM!"

Funniest part was the two trying to not be fighters but solving all the problems as fighters:

"Did you use a magic nail?"
"Maybe."

Elrik
2011-10-03, 10:30 PM
But we did. He punched it out in on blow. He's that awesome.

Then next time he should fight TWO EVIL OCEANS and then we'll see how long that epic fight will LAST!

Oh, and tonight's episode doesn't need a mediocre summation from me, all I need to say is:

TREE TRUNKS IS A ROTTEN CRIMINAL SO IT WAS THE MAGPIES WHO STOLE THE APPLES ALL ALONG!

I find it kind of funny Tree Trunks can apparently fool herself into thinking she stole the apples when she doesn't remember doing it (she didn't ) or ever having the intention of doing it.

Oh, and the angry cookie was just creepy, I don't think I'll ever look at a cookie the same way again. I can thank Adventure Time for that.

I thought they'd make an obvious yet hilarious "tough cookie" joke, but knowing adventure time I should've guessed that they'd just have a shot of him randomly shaking and grunting.

TheSummoner
2011-10-03, 10:48 PM
"Feed him to the pig." :smalltongue:

Elrik
2011-10-04, 12:06 AM
"Feed him to the pig." :smalltongue:

And then the pig started talking. In a normal, boring office guy voice.

Man, I love watching Adventure Time at night again, finally got a light collegework day (and I actually rememberd to watch it).

Dr.Epic
2011-10-04, 09:44 AM
And then the pig started talking. In a normal, boring office guy voice.

Was that Dr. Katz?

Also are they trying to turn Jake into Bender? "I didn't know it was wrong."

Anyone notice all the Getting Crap Past the Radar instances (as if I even have to ask when watching Adventure Time)?

Daftendirekt
2011-10-04, 12:30 PM
My favorite part:

Corn Guard: She slapped my butt. :)

*all laugh*

Dr.Epic
2011-10-04, 12:41 PM
Man, I really hoped Peppermint Butler would be in the sleazy cantina. It makes sense for his character.

Pokonic
2011-10-05, 06:22 PM
Man, I really hoped Peppermint Butler would be in the sleazy cantina. It makes sense for his character.

Or rather, a roundish figure in the backround in a black robe with a oddly bulging sack walking outside the place would have been great. No lines or even notice from the heros: just another guest who got what he needed.:smallbiggrin:

On the other hand, it seems like the Halloween episode will be at a costume party and a whodunit. Which is weird. considering there has been two episodes with plots near this one. ( Okay, the last one may have been a strech.)

Anyway, costume guessing time!

Finn: Youngish Billy, with the fake beard and everything.

Jake: A wolf, why not?

Princess Bubblegum: A frankenstines monster. Why not? She already has the german down pat.

Everyones favorite Peppermint: Death. Paints over the red parts of his body with white paint, and finds a good skull mask. Or is it a skull?

Marceline : There is so many options for this one its not even fair. Shapeshifting has its perks when going to a costume party.:smallbiggrin:

And the Lich shall be going as himself, perhapes in a King in Yellow type of deal.

Dr.Epic
2011-10-05, 06:28 PM
Jake: A wolf, why not?

Nah, he should go as like a robot or drunken trash can. Or maybe a blitz ball player.:smallwink:

Princess Bubblegum: A frankenstines monster. Why not? She already has the german down pat.

What about some kind of princess to some kind of king that creates artificial half-man-half-beast people that control mechs that force people to live underground?

Pokonic
2011-10-05, 07:02 PM
What about some kind of princess to some kind of king that creates artificial half-man-half-beast people that control mechs that force people to live underground?

"clap, clap."

Also, the Ice king will show up as the Ice Queen, because he is that big of a nerd to show up dressed as a person from his own fanfiction.

druid91
2011-10-05, 07:12 PM
I both curse and praise you, dwellers of this thread, For now I have been sucked back into Adventure time...

Pokonic
2011-10-05, 07:17 PM
I both curse and praise you, dwellers of this thread, For now I have been sucked back into Adventure time...

Woo! We have another convert!

druid91
2011-10-05, 07:22 PM
Woo! We have another convert!

I think the part that won me over is the fact that it gave me nightmares.

Hilarious nightmares.

Dr.Epic
2011-10-05, 07:22 PM

MATHEMATICAL!!!:smallbiggrin:

Daftendirekt
2011-10-07, 09:55 PM
B-MO (http://www.threadless.com/product/3183/B_MO/tab,guys/style,shirt) shirts for $10 right now on Threadless. Ordered mine earlier today.

Dr.Epic
2011-10-10, 12:07 AM
B-MO (http://www.threadless.com/product/3183/B_MO/tab,guys/style,shirt) shirts for $10 right now on Threadless. Ordered mine earlier today.

Merchandise!?!? SWEET! Now when can I get my Finn sword and action figures I heard about that are coming this fall?

Also, looks like they're taking a break this Monday so no new episode, but the week after is the Halloween special. What's with this show frequently taking breaks? I realize animation is a lengthy process especially for TV shows, but we only get 11 minute episodes each week. Not to mention didn't we just have one of these after the gender swapped episode for a few weeks? Is it really that difficult for them to stick to a schedule of one new episode per week while broadcasting a new season or are these break intention?

Pokonic
2011-10-10, 11:27 AM
Also, looks like they're taking a break this Monday so no new episode, but the week after is the Halloween special. What's with this show frequently taking breaks? I realize animation is a lengthy process especially for TV shows, but we only get 11 minute episodes each week. Not to mention didn't we just have one of these after the gender swapped episode for a few weeks? Is it really that difficult for them to stick to a schedule of one new episode per week while broadcasting a new season or are these break intention?

I actualy dont think they do the animation that far in advanced, and even then they need look over the plot to make sure that it does not contridict anything used in the show. Also, FaC was ment to be a sort of halfway break in the season, a bit like what they do with things like CSI or such.

Lurkmoar
2011-10-11, 02:24 AM
I think part of the reason why a new Adventure Time didn't pop up this week is because Regular Show was a half hour long. So, next week might be a two parter like the Lich was.

Dr.Epic
2011-10-11, 02:58 PM
I think part of the reason why a new Adventure Time didn't pop up this week is because Regular Show was a half hour long. So, next week might be a two parter like the Lich was.

Really? It went for a half-hour? I passed out around 3 PM because I was up all night the night before. Was Regular Show good? I like it, and I usually find Halloween episodes very good.

Also, I'm excited for the Halloween episode of AT. Like I said, Halloween episodes are amongst my favorite, and I'm looking forward to the horror in the show.

Pokonic
2011-10-11, 03:07 PM
Really? It went for a half-hour? I passed out around 3 PM because I was up all night the night before. Was Regular Show good? I like it, and I usually find Halloween episodes very good.

Also, I'm excited for the Halloween episode of AT. Like I said, Halloween episodes are amongst my favorite, and I'm looking forward to the horror in the show.

Again, its a whodonit, so they are going to have some fun with it. Also, there is a zombie themed episode the monday afterwords that feature more candy zombies. Among other things, it had a zombified PB and LR, so whatever is happening is not exclusive to the candy people.

Also, just looked on the wiki to find the airtimes, and found something interesting. The christmas special is going to be a two-parter, and is going to be the backstory for the ice king. Thoughts?

Dr.Epic
2011-10-11, 03:09 PM
Also, just looked on the wiki to find the airtimes, and found something interesting. The christmas special is going to be a two-parter, and is going to be the backstory for the ice king. Thoughts?

Awesome!

Also, glad that Adventure Time has moved to a daily time slot of 4:30. I can now watch it all the time. I still need to pick up My Two Favorite People though.

Pokonic
2011-10-11, 03:24 PM
Awesome!

Yes, yes it is. Still waiting for a backstory for bemo, though.

My guess: In Adventure time, Korea became a tech superpower instead of japan. The rainicorns where the result of a genetic manipulation experiment to create the perfect pet, and the hottest game system is alive.

Unfortunatly, the raincorns found that humans are tasty, and promptly wiped them out.

Dr.Epic
2011-10-11, 03:34 PM
Yes, yes it is. Still waiting for a backstory for bemo, though.

No. BACKSTORY ON BILLY!!!

Also, just saw a preview for the Halloween episode. It looks awesome and dark!
That ghost looks creepy as your average Batman villain. Did it disintegrate PB in that commercial?!?!?:smalleek: Oh well, they can always rebuild her like last time.:smallwink:

Lurkmoar
2011-10-11, 03:46 PM
No, the Ghost melted her, or caused her candy based DNA to come apart like gum in a microwave. Not that I've ever put gum in a microwave.

Hmm. Be back later. :)

Dr.Epic
2011-10-11, 03:48 PM
No, the Ghost melted her, or caused her candy based DNA to come apart like gum in a microwave. Not that I've ever put gum in a microwave.

Still, she fell apart. That has to be very much the opposite of good. Also, I'm hoping it's a two part episode since Regular Show got one and Adventure Time got a break. A half-hour episode would be Mathematical!

Lurkmoar
2011-10-17, 07:17 PM
Sadly, Adventure Time that played today was only a one fifteen minute segment.

Bummer.

Though I must admit I did laugh at loud at LSP freaking out about Brad. Good stuff.

Elrik
2011-10-17, 10:14 PM
"Excuse me, Guy Farting, there's an envelope on your back" :smallbiggrin:

I liked the episode, I was kind of dissapointed that Jake was behind the haunted house murderers, just like in 'Mystery Train'

But the scary melting ghost near the end wasn't part of it, which was cool

Pokonic
2011-10-18, 03:03 PM
Also, finns "vault."

How can a young boy survive the horrors of a post-end times universe?

By surpressing memories, of course!:smallbiggrin:

Daftendirekt
2011-10-18, 11:40 PM
Yeah, wasn't terribly impressed. As they even point out in the episode, it was the same as something Jake did just a few episodes ago.

Dr.Epic
2011-10-19, 10:02 AM
Sadly, Adventure Time that played today was only a one fifteen minute segment.

Bummer.

Same. Though there is a new Halloween episode again this Monday.

As for this episode (and the next):

They are just recycling the plots of previous episodes, this one the train episode. And this new upcoming episode is the zombie episode from the beginning of the series. Still, they did seem to turn it up to 11 and were entertaining, so I can't fault them too much.

Lurkmoar
2011-10-24, 07:17 PM
Saw today's episode, thought it was a nice call back to the first candy zombie outbreak.

Finn got robbed in my opinion, the rat may have made the formula, but at a loss of how to distribute it.

Dr.Epic
2011-10-24, 07:30 PM
Saw today's episode, thought it was a nice call back to the first candy zombie outbreak.

Finn got robbed in my opinion, the rat may have made the formula, but at a loss of how to distribute it.

Finn and co. made it worse. Bubblegum told them what to do, but they didn't listen and risked making the disease permanent. Also, it was a hilarious twist. The ending was totally awesome because it was like the ending to A New Hope. I so wished Jake roared like a Wookie.:smallwink:

Pokonic
2011-10-26, 02:34 PM
My lord, Finns plan at the end:

Everything in the candy kingdom must have taken a bite out of him!:smalleek:

Also, Jakes use of strechy powers was increadably creative. And funny.:smallbiggrin:

Lurkmoar
2011-10-26, 03:14 PM
Finn and co. made it worse. Bubblegum told them what to do, but they didn't listen and risked making the disease permanent. Also, it was a hilarious twist. The ending was totally awesome because it was like the ending to A New Hope. I so wished Jake roared like a Wookie.:smallwink:

Who the heck names their pet rat SCIENCE though? o___O

Pokonic
2011-10-26, 04:16 PM
Who the heck names their pet rat SCIENCE though? o___O

The princess of the candy kingdom, apparently.

Elrik
2011-10-28, 10:55 PM
Didn't see this one. College work fell from the sky and hit me where it hurts this week.

Also (not really related to the current episode)

does anyone think the lich will come back soon? The mansion episode had the snail on the stairs (I think they made it pretty obvious as to it being there too). I actually thought he'd make an appearance in a halloween episode, but I'm assuming they want to keep him for bigger stories. I honeslty hope he has a villain team up with marceline's dad or something

Pokonic
2011-11-08, 02:50 PM
Also, new episode was great. It seems as if they are tring to follow up with the loose plots in order to have a "fresh" second half of the season.

Also

I honeslty hope he has a villain team up with marceline's dad or something

Here is the thing. MD eats souls. The lich distroys life. No life, no new souls. So yeah, even the demons lose out on this one.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-08, 02:55 PM
Last night's episode was great. It's amazing how much plot they can squeeze in 11 minutes.

Also...
So is Susan Finn's mom or what?

Pokonic
2011-11-08, 03:12 PM
So is Susan Finn's mom or what

I was distracted by the hair. Plot, what plot?:smallconfused:

:smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2011-11-08, 06:08 PM
I was distracted by the hair. Plot, what plot?:smallconfused:

:smallbiggrin:

It could be true. Same long, blonde hair. Also, it looks like she doesn't have gills, so she could be the only other human on the show.

Elrik
2011-11-12, 07:24 PM
Here is the thing. MD eats souls. The lich distroys life. No life, no new souls. So yeah, even the demons lose out on this one.

*is now attempting to think of ways to backpedal after making an illogical comment*

Perhaps MD could eat the souls and make it easier for the Lich to eliminate them? Seemed like they wouldn't be a threat to the lich if they didn't move that much and just moaned with milky eyes. Then MD could just jump back into the Nightosphere when it's over, making sure the lich doesn't follow him (or just kill the lich afterwards).

Dr.Epic
2011-11-16, 12:45 PM
Latest episode was awesome. It just shows how psychologically disturbing some of the episodes can be and still be entertaining.

He wanted my sugar but I wouldn't let him have it if you know what I mean.

Daftendirekt
2011-11-16, 02:10 PM
Latest episode was awesome. It just shows how psychologically disturbing some of the episodes can be and still be entertaining.

He wanted my sugar but I wouldn't let him have it if you know what I mean.

Cue rule 34 for PB/deer.

Pokonic
2011-11-18, 06:06 PM
My gob, this episode was rather disturbing.

First off, how many people where a little sqicked out by the crunching noises from fins legs after the deer breaks them.:smalleek:

Oh, and Jakes insanity was twisted. All his belongings huddled in the tent should have tipped me off, least alown all the pictures of LR we have seen so far. Oh, and those bugs crawling out of his ear was entirely unexplaned, which makes it worse. Oh, and the fact that they where under for six months better be tackled.

Oh, and the fact that the deer has hands was a shock.
And creating friggin CARMEL out of the candy people for him to eat with his spit and that they have been DISSOLVING down there for months just ramps up the nightmare fual.
Perhaps MD could eat the souls and make it easier for the Lich to eliminate them? Seemed like they wouldn't be a threat to the lich if they didn't move that much and just moaned with milky eyes. Then MD could just jump back into the Nightosphere when it's over, making sure the lich doesn't follow him (or just kill the lich afterwards).

The thing is, that would leave him out of a job, and more or less his life. His existance would be null after that. He is a demon that feasts on souls. And he cant be the only one in the Nightosphere, and even if he becomes super-powerful after eating the souls, what next? He would eventualy wither away, alown in the universe, assuming that his co-workers dont kill him first for effectivly helping in wiping out there food.

In any case, such a situation would alow finn to get to get on good terms with Marci's pops. After all, what is a better time to get to know a undying cosmic blight on the cosmos that to kill another undying cosmic blight on the cosmos?:smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2011-11-19, 02:38 PM
I can't wait for this week's episode. It's like they're saying "Stupid fans! You can't create fan art! We already did that and got it on the show!" It's like what they did with the fanfic episode.:smallbiggrin:

Pokonic
2011-11-26, 08:54 PM
Did anyone see this weeks? Because it was great.:smallbiggrin:
It even gave a rather chilling explanation on what plant people eat: Meat! :smalleek: Meat and only meat!

On another note, if only they took some other fanart and animated it, if you know what I mean.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-26, 09:22 PM
Did anyone see this weeks? Because it was great.:smallbiggrin:
It even gave a rather chilling explanation on what plant people eat: Meat! :smalleek: Meat and only meat!

On another note, if only they took some other fanart and animated it, if you know what I mean.

Two new episodes in one week=AWESOME!

Both were great. Me-Mow was awesome. Funny and suspenseful like all episodes. This just proves my one major complaint with the show is that it has next to no recurring villains (aside from Ice King and maybe the Lich, Marceline is in the gray area) and the villains are pretty good. I loved Me-Mow and hope he comes back. Scorcher was good. I loved Marceline's Dad. I thought Lemongrab was entertaining. I liked the crazy little gnomes who kidnapped Finn. I liked Sir Slicer even if all he did was follow Finn around and mocked him, but I loved his design and voice; he kind of reminds me of almost a Shakespearean character.

Thank You was kind of a nice change of pace: an entire episode with almost no dialogue. Liked how Finn and Jake were still in the episode and what they just ended up doing all episode.

Pokonic
2011-11-26, 09:47 PM
The best part of the show, for me?

Everything has a logic behind it. Every part. From the fact that the whole thing is after the end and magic and stuff.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-26, 09:49 PM
Everything has a logic behind it. Every part. From the fact that the whole thing is after the end and magic and stuff.

What what what? I don't understand.

Pokonic
2011-11-26, 10:00 PM
Everything has a reasoning.

For example: What are they getting the meat from? Meat Man. Does it hurt meat man? Perhapes. Jake is still wondering himself, but he never asked.

How long was finn out during the episode with the deer. For six months. In magical dog years. Thats the only reason why finn did not starve while out.

What do plant people eat if they dont eat plants or sunlight? Meat. Where from? Everything.

Little things like that. Among other things, the writers have made about ten or so photos of jake and LR to sprinkle around there treehouse.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-26, 10:10 PM
Everything has a reasoning.

For example: What are they getting the meat from? Meat Man. Does it hurt meat man? Perhapes. Jake is still wondering himself, but he never asked.

How long was finn out during the episode with the deer. For six months. In magical dog years. Thats the only reason why finn did not starve while out.

What do plant people eat if they dont eat plants or sunlight? Meat. Where from? Everything.

Little things like that. Among other things, the writers have made about ten or so photos of jake and LR to sprinkle around there treehouse.

Yeah yeah. It's little stuff like that they're really good at.

Daftendirekt
2011-11-27, 01:23 AM
"Oh no! This is a medical condition. I need a hospital."

I think Wild Berry Princess is my new favorite princess.

Pokonic
2011-11-27, 01:28 AM
Yeah. Those where probably, like, eggs or something.

Daftendirekt
2011-11-27, 02:47 AM
I swear, that Snow Golem was voiced by the same guy as Homer Simpson. Also, great episode. The Snow Golem was a cool guy (no pun intended), and it was interesting to see an episode that didn't focus on Finn and Jake.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-27, 11:56 AM
Yeah. Those where probably, like, eggs or something.

No, they'd have to be like nuts or something.:smallwink:

The Snow Golem was a cool guy (no pun intended), and it was interesting to see an episode that didn't focus on Finn and Jake.

But we already did: Fiona & Cake.:smallwink:

Daftendirekt
2011-12-06, 02:25 AM
Anybody else wholly unimpressed by this latest episode?

Dr.Epic
2011-12-06, 03:36 PM

What!? Holly Jolly Secrets was awesome!

OMG! The Ice King is totally Mr. Freeze.

Pokonic
2011-12-06, 03:39 PM

Wat. Perhapes it was not the most... invigerating episode, but it was a nice look into his backstory.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-06, 03:41 PM
Wat. Perhapes it was not the most... invigerating episode, but it was a nice look into his backstory.

Ice King: "Daddy, why did you eat my fries?":smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Also, the line about Finn's bath time was hilarious. More proof this show really doesn't have a radar.

Pokonic
2011-12-06, 03:44 PM
Ice King: "Daddy, why did you eat my fries?":smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Also, the line about Finn's bath time was hilarious. More proof this show really doesn't have a radar.

It was also one of the few times the show has slipped up, because I think he said he never bathed in another episode. Then again, this could be a sign that he sees that it is hard to make freinds when you smell like blood and dirt and stuff.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-06, 03:48 PM
It was also one of the few times the show has slipped up, because I think he said he never bathed in another episode. Then again, this could be a sign that he sees that it is hard to make freinds when you smell like blood and dirt and stuff.

Episode PB was a little girl and she made that self-cleaning potion.

Also, I don't consider it that big a mistake. Could just have been something Finn said and what he meant was he almost never bathes, or he doesn't like to bathe or something.

Warpwolf16
2011-12-06, 03:56 PM
The latest episode was building up my interest, unlike previous episodes that was a 2 part this one had no true actions manifest but it showed something rare in the series, the truth of the land before Ooo just like in Beautopia. I'm re-watching the episode over and over even now, in a slight shock. I see how the ice king reacts to the video of his log of who he was, it just makes me want more and in truth I now know why he does the things he does. The longing for the love of his life, his 'princess' who he lost so long ago as well as his absent mind and frustrations.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-06, 04:01 PM
The latest episode was building up my interest, unlike previous episodes that was a 2 part this one had no true actions manifest but it showed something rare in the series, the truth of the land before Ooo just like in Beautopia. I'm re-watching the episode over and over even now, in a slight shock. I see how the ice king reacts to the video of his log of who he was, it just makes me want more and in truth I now know why he does the things he does. The longing for the love of his life, his 'princess' who he lost so long ago as well as his absent mind and frustrations.

Or that he used to wear glasses!:smallwink:

But yeah, it was a good backstory. I think what makes it so compelling is that the crown drove him insane so it's his current self trying to obtain the life he used to have through the insanity. I do want to know more about that crown now. Who originally made it and where it came from? Adventure Time is crossing into Hellboy/Lovecraft territory now.

TheArsenal
2011-12-06, 04:10 PM
My idea is of a comet that fell to earth carrying some older magical artifacts that where shot off the earth for being too dangerous by ancient dinosours. Then it came back and killed them all. Eventually these artifacts are unearthed and some people begin to get powers from them.

Some artifacts are more powerful then others (Some create candy realms, others grant demonhood and vampirism).

Warpwolf16
2011-12-06, 04:13 PM
I was given a lovecraftian vibe from it, his obsession over the crown grew and grew as time passed and when contact with it first began his mind was tainted by the crown power causing him to force Betty away as the crown began to tell him it would save him with its frost and whisper the secrets of the snow and the ice.

And yes, the crown interest me as well and makes me wonder what the other wizards of Ooo are, were they human as well or mutants native to the Land of Ooo? Lich King's lair was in a old subway tunnel filled with radioactive toxic waste , he claimed it was 'his well of power' but could it be the oldest wizards like the Lich King and Ice King were humans at some point and came in contact with the 'artifacts' that spoke to them of protecting them from the on coming cold resulting of the 'Great Mushroom War'?

Dr.Epic
2011-12-06, 04:15 PM
I was given a lovecraftian vibe from it, his obsession over the crown grew and grew as time passed and when contact with it first began his mind was tainted by the crown power causing him to force Betty away as the crown began to tell him it would save him with its frost and whisper the secrets of the snow and the ice.

I got the Lovecraft vibe because he was a scientist that uncovered an ancient evil that drove him insane. I also got a LotR vibe as it was a powerful magical artifact that drove its owner insane and caused their body to become deformed.

Pokonic
2011-12-06, 04:24 PM
My guess? When the magic hit, it caused itself to break itself into physical artifacts of power. Some, like robes, where broken up to the point that nearly any wizerd can learn how to shoot fire or such.

On the other hand, things like the power of cold and such, existed only in one physical object. Combined with how long he has had it, there is no way he would not have went loco. Heck, if we look into the few things that could mach his age, we have the ruler ofheck a deamon-thing whos own child could become queen of the undead,and the unliving incarnation of hatred for life. We could even have this apply to the CO, who might just be a creature hourding wisdom for itself.
Explanes Oos insanity, neverless.:smallbiggrin:

TheArsenal
2011-12-06, 04:26 PM
I think the ice king is the one responcible for the Ive kingdom in the first place. We can see as he gains power more and more of the place turns icy.

Anyway that was awesome.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-06, 04:27 PM
One thing also I should point out it showed the Ice King and Finn are closer than they thought: the Ice King was once human. As we've yet to see any other humans in Ooo (Susan it's still not clear), there's a greater connection between main protagonist and antagonist.

Also, is every penguin named Gunther? That makes me sad. Now how am I too tell which one was so evil Marceline's Dad couldn't even take his soul?

TheArsenal
2011-12-06, 04:30 PM
Gunther is just the closest penuin the Ice king has at the time. You never see him addressing more then one penguin at a time by name.

So we have momma gunther and Evil soul gunther.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-06, 04:39 PM
Gunther is just the closest penuin the Ice king has at the time. You never see him addressing more then one penguin at a time by name.

So we have momma gunther and Evil soul gunther.

Holly Jolly Secrets he calls two penguins - both on screen at the same time - Gunther.

Also, I liked when the Ice King addresses his snowman minions:

"Hey, why aren't you guys talking to me? Are you mad at me? Oh, right. I haven't given you life yet."

Hilarious!

TheArsenal
2011-12-06, 04:47 PM
I also think it has to do with your personality before the transformation.

Marcelines dad comes off as a slimy buisnessman that would just LOVE to suck the souls out of his employees.

But the Ice king was a genuin nice person. So he just became like a child.

If Marcelines dad got the crown the ice realm would not be nearly this jolly.

Pokonic
2011-12-06, 05:01 PM

Marcelines dad comes off as a slimy buisnessman that would just LOVE to suck the souls out of his employees.

Let's see here:

The Ice king was a scientist.

MD was a buisnessman.

By that logic, the Lich was a lawyer.:smallbiggrin:

On the other hand, if Marceline ever got her hand on the crown, we could have a episode called "The luz of the Witch Queen." :smallwink:

Dr.Epic
2011-12-06, 05:06 PM

That is what we call a tragic villain.

Also, I like how they hinted at this was a Christmas special, but didn't go full out: the Ice King - a bearded old man with a big white beard - having to put on red, and his one snowman minion getting a red nose.

That, and I could watch this clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx7FcDUobwM) all day.:smallwink:

TheArsenal
2011-12-06, 05:07 PM
Or something more disturbing.

I see a man hiding his hate and disdain behind a intelectuals face....

More of a serial killer math teacher.

edit:

Its practicaly impossible to laugh at the ice king now. Hes not just pathetic. But tragic.

He cries...but he doesn't remember why.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-06, 05:10 PM
Or something more disturbing.

I see a man hiding his hate and disdain behind a intelectuals face....

More of a serial killer math teacher.

edit:

Its practicaly impossible to laugh at the ice king now. Hes not just pathetic. But tragic.

He cries...but he doesn't remember why.

Yeah, that changes the humor, except no. Have you read SoD? If so, how can you find OotS funny? You can combine serious drama and surreal, nonsensical humor.

TheArsenal
2011-12-06, 05:12 PM
I cant laugh AT the ice king....well I can but I feel guilty.

Pokonic
2011-12-06, 05:19 PM
Well, at least you can rest easy that

Simon Patrikov is finding friends, even if its at a glacial pace. Heck, what are the chances that he may just make him a "Ice princess" for himself, golem style? Or, perhapes the inevatably hot Fire Princess in the next few episodes after this?

Dr.Epic
2011-12-06, 05:34 PM
I cant laugh AT the ice king....well I can but I feel guilty.

You realize Ooo is post-apocalyptic? We see remnants of our society in sunken ruins, and the cause of which whipped out so much of humanity the only known survivor is a 13 year old boy. If you're saying you can't laugh at the Ice King knowing his past now, how could have ever laughed at the show before?

Daftendirekt
2011-12-07, 01:09 AM
I watch it on a website, and that episode wasn't up yet. I was talking about "The New Frontier", not "Holly Jolly Secrets". I'll go watch that now.

But, yeah, New Frontier was just kind of lame IMO.

EDIT: Okay, watched Holly Jolly Secrets...

Pretty awesome. I have to agree, definitely feel a bit sorry for the Ice King now, knowing how and why he got this way. It explains his obsession with capturing princesses; he just wants his own princess back.

EDIT2: So, I felt like going back and watching What Was Missing again (mostly for PB's quote: "We locked them up, but they kept escaping. Because they're door lords. *fist in hand*"). I generally find "shipping" rather odd, but I must say that PB and Marceline would be kind of adorable as a couple.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-07, 06:03 PM
Two things:

Fridge Brilliance: In Fionna and Cake, Fionna tells Cake to take off the Ice Queen's tiara because she might catch her crazy. The whole episode was a fanfic written by the Ice King, so that could have been a subtle attempt at his sanity trying to break through and get help.

Retcon: In one episode, the Ice King said he didn't steal his crown, he made it with magic he stole. That contradicts what happened in the recent episode.

Daftendirekt
2011-12-08, 12:33 AM
Retcon: In one episode, the Ice King said he didn't steal his crown, he made it with magic he stole. That contradicts what happened in the recent episode.

Well, as we saw the "real" him doesn't remember any of it, so the personality we see as the Ice King may very well believe that he made it.

TheSummoner
2011-12-08, 02:43 AM
You realize Ooo is post-apocalyptic? We see remnants of our society in sunken ruins, and the cause of which whipped out so much of humanity the only known survivor is a 13 year old boy. If you're saying you can't laugh at the Ice King knowing his past now, how could have ever laughed at the show before?

Because the way it was handled with the Ice King was very... Well... Personal. Humanizing (and not just in the literal sense). We saw just bits and pieces, but it gave a good idea of what he was like before. We saw what happened to him and after seeing that, the things he did in previous episodes are more tragic than funny.

What's the worst thing that we ever saw happen to Finn? As a baby he pooped on a leaf and fell on it.

Ooo may be post-apocalyptic, but almost everything is played for laughs or handled in an incredibly detached way. Boom-boom mountain? We laugh at the insane lengths Finn is driven to over something so minor. Ruins of a city under the ocean in the episode where he conquers his fear of the ocean? Why do we care? We don't know any of the people who would've lived there. It's scenery. Nothing more.

The Lich was an ultimate evil bent on destroying everything, but there was no tragedy there. It was an epic battle and the worst thing that came of it is that PB became younger for a couple of episodes.

Pokonic
2011-12-09, 08:43 PM
Hey guys, the next episode is called "Marceline's Closet".

Cue every fanboys/girls dream..:smallamused:

Daftendirekt
2011-12-09, 09:25 PM

My reaction:

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

Dr.Epic
2011-12-10, 01:05 PM

Is PB involved?

Daftendirekt
2011-12-10, 01:34 PM
Anybody else hope that PB goes back to being 13 again eventually? She was so adorable, and we only got to see one episode of her and Finn interacting with her at that age.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-10, 01:37 PM
Anybody else hope that PB goes back to being 13 again eventually? She was so adorable, and we only got to see one episode of her and Finn interacting with her at that age.

It'd have to be a midquel taking place between Mortal Recoil and Too Young. Any other scenario would be pointless as they'd just have to turn her 18 again with Lemongrab.

Daftendirekt
2011-12-10, 02:15 PM
It'd have to be a midquel taking place between Mortal Recoil and Too Young. Any other scenario would be pointless as they'd just have to turn her 18 again with Lemongrab.

Lemongrab could always have a horrible accident. :smallamused:

Dr.Epic
2011-12-10, 02:34 PM
Lemongrab could always have a horrible accident. :smallamused:

He survived so spice. Killing him will be more difficult than killing Duncan MacLeod

Daftendirekt
2011-12-10, 02:54 PM
Finn survived so spice too. :smallconfused: They never actually tried to kill him, so pointing out that he survives doesn't really indicate much.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-10, 03:02 PM
Finn survived so spice too. :smallconfused: They never actually tried to kill him, so pointing out that he survives doesn't really indicate much.

Yes, but Finn is a great warrior with many levels under his belt. Also, Lemongrab survived a higher dose. Truly, he is an unstoppable force!

Daftendirekt
2011-12-14, 01:07 AM
Well, that was underwhelming.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-14, 07:28 PM
Meh, newest episode was alright, not bad. Still funny. It's a shame they're taking another break.:smallfrown:

Pokonic
2011-12-17, 10:21 PM
I actualy liked the episode. The demonic spider was the best part. To be fair, that was a epic paper airplane.:smallwink:

As for the break, it is the end of the year. Still disapointed, however.:smallfrown:

Dr.Epic
2011-12-17, 11:49 PM
I actualy liked the episode. The demonic spider was the best part. To be fair, that was a epic paper airplane.:smallwink:

As for the break, it is the end of the year. Still disapointed, however.:smallfrown:

It was alright, but they built up them getting caught, and when they do...

it's just a joke

Was alright, just was expecting more. Finn's reaction to seeing Marceline in the bathroom was hilarious though.:smallwink:

Pokonic
2011-12-18, 02:04 PM

What, did you think she would string them up and suck there blood like a spider?

it's just a joke

Was alright, just was expecting more. Finn's reaction to seeing Marceline in the bathroom was hilarious though.:smallwink:

Proof that the censers try to ignore the fact that CN exists. There is no other explanation about how the last few minutes could air with a PG rating.

I love this show.:smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2011-12-18, 04:33 PM
What, did you think she would string them up and suck there blood like a spider?

I don't know. I think I'd prefer something over nothing.

Proof that the censers try to ignore the fact that CN exists. There is no other explanation about how the last few minutes could air with a PG rating.

I love this show.:smallbiggrin:

"Finn, it's bath time.":smallwink:

Pokonic
2011-12-18, 05:55 PM
I don't know. I think I'd prefer something over nothing.

And the fact that she occasionaly comes to there house since the begining without there knowing it is not funny? Remember the band episode? The hair gum? Yeah, stuff like that. There where probably times she could have helped with stuff but never bothered to do so, like, say, the incident with the Gnomes.

"Finn, it's bath time."

Dont forget everything PR sayes. Jake has his hands full with that one. For instance, they slipped in such jems like:
"But I want you to bite me."
That was the zombie episode. Lucky dog.:smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2011-12-18, 07:58 PM
Dont forget everything PR sayes. Jake has his hands full with that one. For instance, they slipped in such jems like:
"But I want you to bite me."
That was the zombie episode. Lucky dog.:smallbiggrin:

PR? You mean Lady Rainicorn?

Pokonic
2011-12-18, 09:51 PM
PR? You mean Lady Rainicorn?

Pffh, Lady, princess, they are all the same!:smalltongue:

Daftendirekt
2011-12-18, 10:24 PM
We don't see enough Lady Rainicorn. We need more episodes with her. Likewise with Beemo. And Marceline.

Pokonic
2011-12-18, 10:59 PM
We don't see enough Lady Rainicorn. We need more episodes with her. Likewise with Beemo. And Marceline.

The other main trio.:smallbiggrin: Might be hard on LRs voice acter,however, because she also voices Beemo. Explaines why the two have never been in the same episode.

Daftendirekt
2011-12-18, 11:09 PM
The other main trio.:smallbiggrin: Might be hard on LRs voice acter,however, because she also voices Beemo. Explaines why the two have never been in the same episode.

Duuuuude. An episode with the three of them teaming up would be beyond epic.

Pokonic
2011-12-18, 11:30 PM
Duuuuude. An episode with the three of them teaming up would be beyond epic.

Turns out the Fire Count is actualy a well-read foe, and manages to capture not only Fin and Jake but PB as well. Turns out that the only people who can save them are a game system, a living childs toy who can shoot rainbows, and the Queen of vampires. With the special guest of the snow golam and his pet fire wolf.:smalltongue:

Add in a alert Billy and you got a season opener.

Daftendirekt
2012-01-10, 02:48 AM
I'm going into withdrawal :smallsigh:

Fri
2012-01-14, 03:28 AM
Don't we all, Daftendirekt. Don't we all...

Daftendirekt
2012-01-14, 03:31 AM
I'm going into withdrawal :smallsigh:

Don't we all, Daftendirekt. Don't we all...

That is not a grammatically sound response to what I said. :smallconfused:

Pokonic
2012-01-14, 06:06 PM
Just wait, theres a episode by the end of the month. We can make it.

.....I hope.:smallfrown:

Dr.Epic
2012-01-14, 09:46 PM

Meh, they get enough screen time. The show's about Finn and Jake.

Also, I'm glad the hiatus is over in a few days. New episodes!!!...for a few weeks.

Pokonic
2012-01-15, 12:20 AM
Meh, they get enough screen time. The show's about Finn and Jake.

Also, I'm glad the hiatus is over in a few days. New episodes!!!...for a few weeks.

Never would I think I would be happier to hear a few seconds of opening theme in my life.:smalltongue:

Dr.Epic
2012-01-16, 07:42 PM
Way to reference Classical Greek Mythology in the episode!:smallwink: Adventure Time is truly one of my favorite shows!

Pokonic
2012-01-17, 02:49 PM
Now, this is why I seen this every week. This was great!

Daftendirekt
2012-01-17, 03:16 PM
I love that Jake even pointed out that he was on the same page the whole episode: "I read the same paragraph over and over for like 11 minutes."

Dr.Epic
2012-01-17, 05:36 PM
Just think: in 40 years, Finn will be completely naked except for his hat. I'll mark my calendar now.

Pokonic
2012-01-17, 05:36 PM
That too. Also, it did make me wonder about that first page on most of the older books I have. Also, who else thinks the writing on that book was a scipher?

Dr.Epic
2012-01-17, 05:45 PM
I was kind of hoping we wouldn't get a definite conclusion about the paper guys. I was kind of hoping for some ambiguity like was it all in Finn's head or was it really real.

Pokonic
2012-01-23, 04:32 PM
Okay, looks like this episode is in true adventure time fashen: The collecting of a sentinent beings tears for healing properties. :smallamused:

Dr.Epic
2012-01-30, 07:50 PM
Jake is slowly turning into Bender...and I'm very fine with that.:smallwink:

Newest episode was great. It was dark, dramatic, and tragic but still had plenty of comedy and a happy ending like so many of their episodes. It's stuff like this that makes Adventure Time my 4th favorite show of all time. Was that Benson as Clarence? Also, is ghost princess gone for good now?

Pokonic
2012-01-30, 07:54 PM
Ghosti is gone, probably. And yes, it seems every episode dealing with murders are great. Its funny, realy.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-30, 07:58 PM
Ghosti is gone, probably. And yes, it seems every episode dealing with murders are great. Its funny, realy.

This episode easily became one of my favorites. It's amazing how much plot they can cram into 11 minutes, or the two minutes of great plot at the very end of Holly Jolly Secrets. His Hero is still my favorite episode.

Pokonic
2012-01-30, 08:01 PM
This episode easily became one of my favorites. It's amazing how much plot they can cram into 11 minutes, or the two minutes of great plot at the very end of Holly Jolly Secrets. His Hero is still my favorite episode.

Billy needs to show up again. As in, needs to show up by the end of the season.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-30, 09:15 PM
Billy needs to show up again. As in, needs to show up by the end of the season.

Billy needs his own spin-off. Not necessarily a TV show, but at least a film showing how he defeated the Lich King. I've always felt that Adventure Time needed a movie to go along with the show.

Pokonic
2012-01-30, 09:21 PM
Billy needs his own spin-off. Not necessarily a TV show, but at least a film showing how he defeated the Lich King. I've always felt that Adventure Time needed a movie to go along with the show.

A little more than a few-seconds of him beating him down a staircase would be nice, anyway. :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2012-01-30, 11:29 PM
A little more than a few-seconds of him beating him down a staircase would be nice, anyway. :smallbiggrin:

No. The entire movie is just 90 minutes of that repeated animation.:smalltongue:

Pokonic
2012-01-31, 03:32 PM
No. The entire movie is just 90 minutes of that repeated animation.:smalltongue:

Just to let you know, a AT movie would be forty-five minutes long. After all, if a regular episode is fifteen minutes and a special is twice that, it means that a actual movie would be pushing it into a hour.:smallbiggrin:

Pokonic
2012-02-09, 03:46 PM
Okay, tommorows Dads Dungen. Which means that epicness will be droped. Any predictions?

Daftendirekt
2012-02-10, 02:44 AM
The family sword is made out of -- babies.

Pokonic
2012-02-11, 10:11 AM
Oh man, that was great. Anyone know if the gigantic monster at the end was taken from anything?

Dr.Epic
2012-02-11, 12:47 PM
Oh man! Please tell me George Takei is going to be in the next episode! I love it when he voices evil characters! His episode on Avatar: TLAB was one of my favorites!