PDA

View Full Version : Pf witch patrons or the anynomous benefactor

Candleke
2011-07-11, 11:47 PM
I can't decide what to go for buffing patron or a more stealthy/out of combat patron.... I thought i had narrowed it down to shadow for an upcoming campaign but then one of the other party members decided to go wizard so it is not necessary for me to go for the shadow conj/evoc spells.

Not to mention that the patron list just doubled on the srd....

Sorry, I am new to Pf and any class that has at will powers with casting, any tips for spells/hexes would be very much welcome as well.

Akal Saris
2011-07-12, 12:35 AM
Well, besides the wizard who else will be in the party? And will the wiz even be taking evocations, or will he focus on another school?

My personal preference is for the following:

Deception: 2nd—ventriloquism, 4th—invisibility, 6th— blink, 8th—confusion, 10th—passwall, 12th—programmed image, 14th—invisibility (mass), 16th—scintillating pattern, 18th—time stop. Good all-around spells.

Healing: 2nd—remove fear, 4th—lesser restoration, 6th—remove disease, 8th—restoration, 10th—cleanse **, 12th—pillar of life ** 14th—greater restoration, 16th—mass cure critical wounds, 18th—true resurrection. Great if you don't have a cleric.

Time: 2nd—ventriloquism, 4th—silence, 6th—haste, 8th—threefold aspect **, 10th—teleport, 12th—disintegrate, 14th—expend **, 16th—temporal stasis, 18th—time stop. All of these are terrific utility/buff spells.

Winter: 2nd—unshakable chill *, 4th—resist energy (cold only), 6th—ice storm, 8th—wall of ice, 10th—cone of cold, 12th—freezing sphere 14th—control weather, 16th—polar ray, 18th—polar midnight *. Nice combination of damage and battlefield control spells.

Candleke
2011-07-12, 12:50 AM
melee, oh my will our party have melee, rogue, monk, fighter, barbarian, wizard, and then me as witch...but i convinced my gm to let me create a archetype that mimics the druids pack lord variant, so for less hexes/slower spell progression i will get 2 wolfs i.e. flanking and tripping machines and I have talked to the wizard and he said he is going for a admixture evoker, i think he said his opposed schools will be divination and abjuration