PDA

View Full Version : Worst 3.5 session I've ever had

Caiphon
2011-07-12, 12:07 AM
Wow. It's 02:07 AM were I live and I just got home from the police station. I really need to talk to someone about this, so I hope I don't bore you with the story of the worst D&D night I've ever had.

It all started with the new player.
His name is Tom. He got kicked out of his last group and a friend of mine who knows him asked our Dm if he could join us in our next session. Our Dm, Nick, agreed without a single problem because he thought that we needed another Pc to balance a little more our group.
Nick is a wonderful Dm, he hosts the game in his house and even brings the food. In our Campaing, he likes customization and roleplaying, so he allows us to have some power or special quality (along with it's penalties) just to fluff the Pc's. For example, my human warlock can turn incorporeal twice a day at will for two rounds, but he gets a -2 penalty on charisma checks and tends to turn incorporeal when he doesn't want to, like when crossing a bridge
:smalltongue:

Tonight we were introduced to the fellow player, talked for a while and started playing. We found out that he was kicked out of his last group because he got a little bit angry when things didn't went as he wanted.
Little we expected about what it was yet to come.

A couple of hours later, while we enjoyed pizzas, our Characters were battling a Minotaur tribe in the catacombs under a city. Tom's Druid went deep into a chamber when The battle started. We were scattered and tried to drive the minotaur's away from the casters. Tom's Druid fell helpless to a Minotaur chief, but the Dm didn't killed him. At the moment, just my warlock or the paladin could help him, but the wizard was in trouble, so we agreed with the paladin that he would save the wizard and I would save Tom's Druid. Unluckily, I was intercepted by the Minotaur chief and had to engage with it. At this point Tom panicked and started to yell at us, calling us bad friends and bad players. When I killed the chief I got the druid to positive hit points again, and we went to save the others. When the fight ended, we were all on single-digit HP and the paladin was helpless. The cleric was going to cure him when Tom started to argue that he shouldn't be saved because he didn't care to save him, and attempted to coup de grace him. I told the Dm that I wouldn't allow him, so he told us to roll for initiative. I won and send him flying through the air helpless again with my eldritch blast.

He went crazy.
He Started to shout at us and to the Dm, telling him the adventure sucked and he was an ******. Tom threw away the table where the minis and the pizzas were and tried to punch Nick. We managed to tackle him and while my friends kept him down I called 911 from my cellphone.
Fifteen minutes later the cops showed up. I told them what had happened and they told us that he will be taken into custody. Tom, when he heard this, struggled and Kicked one of the officers in the leg before being taken to the patrol car. We were told to go to the police station and to sign some papers where we testified that he resisted arrest and assaulted an officer.

Right now I'm tired, sad because the session was horrible and ended terribly bad. I already talked to my friends, and we are never going to allow this psycho again in our group. What do you guys think? Have you ever been through something like this?

Caiphon.

Seerow
2011-07-12, 12:10 AM
Look at it this way, it may have been a ****ty session, but at least you got an entertaining story you can tell out of it. And that's what really matters.

Welknair
2011-07-12, 12:11 AM
Wow. No, I cannot say that sort of thing has ever happened to me. No wonder he was kicked out of his last group.

And Bardic D&D stories FTW.

Shadowknight12
2011-07-12, 12:12 AM
"Wow. It's 02:07 AM were I live and I just got home from the police station."

I foresaw what the thread would entail when I read those words. I wish I had been mistaken. :smallfrown:

Firstly: That sucks. A lot. Terribly sorry that happened to you, hopefully that will make you guys appreciate how awesome you all are from now on. And hopefully you'll be more careful in the future, too.

Secondly: Hope you guys never cross paths with that guy again.

Thirdly: I hope that guy gets the professional help he desperately needs.

Finally: Nope, never happened anything remotely like it to me. And it's a good thing it didn't, because I'm more of a "punch back" type, rather than a "restrain" type.

Douglas
2011-07-12, 12:15 AM
That's pretty bad, worse than I've ever had to deal with. I hope you never have to handle something like that again.

I have never personally been through anything like that - no violence, and certainly no arrests - but I've seen stories like it or worse. For comparison, the Lanky Bugger Saga. Read, and be glad that however bad your session may have been at least you didn't have to deal with this:
I think I just dealt with the worst gaming session (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23784)
In which the worst session comes back to haunt me. Sort of. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93633)
New Worst Session: How Lanky got hisself stabbed! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95189)

Caiphon
2011-07-12, 12:16 AM
Thanks guys, you cheered up my mood :smallsmile:

Edit: I've never read lanky's stories, poor guy! He's been through much worse than I did!:smalleek:

Douglas
2011-07-12, 12:26 AM
Edit: I've never read lanky's stories, poor guy! He's been through much worse than I did!:smalleek:
There are a few updates from Lanky after the first post in each of the threads that are worth reading to get a bit more of the story, and there's no way you read all of it that fast. Anyway, they are pretty much the crown jewel of D&D session horror stories.

The second one seems more funny than horrible to me, though - it's not that the session was bad, but that someone was stealing the first story and through bizarre coincidence got exposed by telling said story in a group where the real originator was part of his audience without either of them realizing it ahead of time.

Caiphon
2011-07-12, 12:31 AM
and there's no way you read all of it that fast.

Hahaha, I haven't read all, just the first one and now onto the second one, though the spoiler spoiled me :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2011-07-12, 12:33 AM
IIRC though, the stabbing story appears to have been someone else making crap up. Worth keeping in mind.

Douglas
2011-07-12, 12:37 AM
IIRC though, the stabbing story appears to have been someone else making crap up. Worth keeping in mind.
What makes you say that? I don't recall any evidence that it wasn't genuine, and he did post pretty solid evidence of being the same person as the first story despite using a different account.

Flame of Anor
2011-07-12, 01:11 AM
Wow, that's terrible! I agree with Seerow about getting an entertaining story out of it, though. And to be quite frank, I think you're much better off than the people with players in their groups who are constantly disruptive, but they can't get rid of them. I hope your minis are okay.

Draz74
2011-07-12, 01:56 AM

Yeah, but you came a lot closer to his experience than most people who post "worst session EVER!" stories on the forums. Congrats? :smallwink:

Xiander
2011-07-12, 02:40 AM
That is a pretty awful story to live through.

The closest i have is the problem player who threatened to commit suicide when we finally kicked him out.

Serpentine
2011-07-12, 02:57 AM
What makes you say that? I don't recall any evidence that it wasn't genuine, and he did post pretty solid evidence of being the same person as the first story despite using a different account.From memory, because someone claiming to be the true Lanky came out and said so. I'll see if I can find the thread/post/s in question, but it was ages ago so I dunno.

edit: There's some discussion of the questions raised by that story here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95189&page=12). Conclusion: inconclusive. However, it does seem odd that Lanky would start a whole new account, then continue to use his old account for some time afterwards.

Flame of Anor
2011-07-12, 02:59 AM
The closest i have is the problem player who threatened to commit suicide when we finally kicked him out.

Life imitates Jack Chick...

MickJay
2011-07-12, 04:19 AM
And this is why folks in the society I'm in don't tend to invite new players into house games without getting to know them at least a little beforehand.

My sympathies, and hopefully that Tom person won't bother you again.

DarkEternal
2011-07-12, 05:31 AM
I wonder what the cops' reaction was when they heard that things went to crap and turned hostile to the point it needed their intervention during a game of DnD. Serious business.

Still, yeah, you all acted like gentlemen in the end that you didn't gang up and beat the crap out of that douchebag and threw him out on the street. You're a better person then I am.

Xiander
2011-07-12, 05:59 AM

Not really, this guy was just shouting in an attempt to be heard. Our GM was real cool about it and talked him down, explaining that even if he wanted to come back to the group, threatening suicide was really the worst possible way to go about it.

I also know the person did not commit suicide, since i have had a couple of less than joyful encounters with him at later points in time.

Iceforge
2011-07-12, 06:37 AM
From memory, because someone claiming to be the true Lanky came out and said so. I'll see if I can find the thread/post/s in question, but it was ages ago so I dunno.

edit: There's some discussion of the questions raised by that story here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95189&page=12). Conclusion: inconclusive. However, it does seem odd that Lanky would start a whole new account, then continue to use his old account for some time afterwards.

Oh?

Last post by "That Lanky Bugger" was 04-02-2007 as far as I can see and "Return of Lanky" has a join date 09-23-2008 meaning a good one and a half years went by from "That Lanky Bugger" stopped posting until "Return of Lanky" even joined.

And the story would see more like a fake if "Return of Lanky" had jumped immediately to posting that story, but he had a lot of other activities before that.

I don't know either way tho, could be a faker

TheCountAlucard
2011-07-12, 06:47 AM
His name is Tom.

Our Dm, Nick, agreed...

Nick

Tom's Druid...

Tom's Druid...

Tom's Druid...

At this point Tom panicked...

Tom threw away the table where the minis and the pizzas were and tried to punch Nick.

Tom, when he heard this, struggled...

Not a bad story, but I'm hoping you're using fake names here. Just saying, I generally prefer not to use a person's IRL name, even if I have reason to utterly detest them.

KillianHawkeye
2011-07-12, 07:30 AM
Not a bad story, but I'm hoping you're using fake names here. Just saying, I generally prefer not to use a person's IRL name, even if I have reason to utterly detest them.

What difference does it make? It's just a first name, not first and last names and also their address. Real or not real, there's nothing you could use the information for.

Mastikator
2011-07-12, 07:44 AM
...Damn :smalleek:

Note to self; when inviting a new player who was kicked out of his last group, find out why he was kicked out.

TheCountAlucard
2011-07-12, 07:47 AM
What difference does it make? It's just a first name, not first and last names and also their address. Real or not real, there's nothing you could use the information for.Politeness, for one. Discretion, for another.

I imagine if I was in your gaming group, and I posted something to the effect of, "[KillianHawkeye] was doing [x] and [y], and this means he's a bad player," I'd expect you to be upset, regardless of whether or not your whole name is being given.

Lord Loss
2011-07-12, 09:14 AM
I almost had my arm broken by a player at a D&D session. Because I forgot my copy "Tome of Magic" and (I was DMing) refused to let a player deal 10d6 damage with Killing Shadow. Whereupon another player grabbed by arm and threatened to break.

We're still friends though, as he had been going through rough times and stuff (and it's been a few years, over the course of which he's changed a lot).

Jay R
2011-07-12, 09:21 AM
What difference does it make? It's just a first name, not first and last names and also their address. Real or not real, there's nothing you could use the information for.

... and Tom is so good about being rational and not over-reacting when he thinks he's been mistreated.

TriForce
2011-07-12, 09:26 AM
whoa, i hope you wont think badly of me, since i realize this must have been a shocking experience, but that tom guy was such a idiot that it was actually funny.

i can only imagine him sitting in his cell thinking "wow i ****ed up"

Fiery Diamond
2011-07-12, 09:43 AM
Politeness, for one. Discretion, for another.

I imagine if I was in your gaming group, and I posted something to the effect of, "[KillianHawkeye] was doing [x] and [y], and this means he's a bad player," I'd expect you to be upset, regardless of whether or not your whole name is being given.

Well, that assumes that both 1 and 2 are the case, and lacking 3 lessens the chance also: 1)He is on these boards (KillianHawkeye is, but these people may not be), 2a) His name is sufficiently uncommon or 2b) His offense stands out as an identifying feature ("Tom's" does, but whatever you hypothetically might post about a player might not be) or 2c) The person being talked about is very suspicious and will jump to conclusions that he is being referenced, and 3) he knows that the person posting it is on the boards and knows their user name.

If the person doesn't visit the boards, they won't know to be able to get upset about it, so as long as you don't provide info with which you could track someone down, I fail to see a problem.

If the person doesn't have a distinctive name, didn't do something that would immediately identify as unique enough to describe just that person's behavior, and is also not a suspicious slightly-paranoid offense-taker, they are unlikely to be certain that they themselves are being discussed and thus get really upset; I fail to see a problem.

Doktor Per
2011-07-12, 10:28 AM
Try to find a way to feel thankful to Tom. Sure he ruined an evening of DnD and you never want to meet the crazy guy again. But he gave you a more important thing, a story about DnD that won't bore mundanes out of their brain, when you had to call the police because a guy lost his ship over a board game.

hangedman1984
2011-07-12, 11:54 AM

pfft, i've never been able to mind-control my parents with dnd spells

Giggling Ghast
2011-07-12, 11:54 AM
Oof. That's pretty bad. My condolences.

Xiander
2011-07-12, 12:08 PM

I see you haven't read book of vile darkness yet then :smallbiggrin:

Toofey
2011-07-12, 12:23 PM
I wonder what the cops' reaction was when they heard that things went to crap and turned hostile to the point it needed their intervention during a game of DnD. Serious business.
I would think the Cops see enough of the people who are nuts to not think anything of the D&D being played.

Tyndmyr
2011-07-12, 01:28 PM
I'm just envisioning Tom explaining how he got into jail to his fellow prisoners. Fun times.

Fortunately, I've never seen a D&D session escalate into violence. A handgun showed up at one once, but that was mostly just wild stupidity.

Alchemistmerlin
2011-07-12, 01:29 PM

If you were in my gaming group you'd know my online handle, know I post on these forums, and probably know I was referring to you in the post. Just ask Ditto.:smalltongue:

On topic: Reading this account made me realize that, should something similar occur in my own home, people would probably get seriously hurt, and my fancy TV would probably get smashed. My D&D room/livingroom is very small. I need to nerdrage-proof my home. Thankfully, I never play D&D with anyone who hasn't been part of my friend group for some time.

gbprime
2011-07-12, 01:42 PM

If you watch news clips from back in the day, you know that we could do that back in the mid 80's when we all listened to Iron Maiden, Ozzy, and Alice Cooper and were marching off to the nine hells in lockstep with each other. :smalltongue:

But then they invented Vampire games and girls started playing. Suddenly it wasn't evil anymore. :smallcool:

KillianHawkeye
2011-07-12, 03:57 PM

Politeness? Which Internet have you been using all this time? :smallconfused:

I also fail to see how using someone's real first name is any less discrete that using a fake one, given that a first name is not enough by itself to identify someone.

Well then you'd be mistaken in this case.

It might bother me a little if a fellow gamer ranted about me on the Internet without actually trying to talk to me about the situation, but I'd be A LOT MORE bothered if they gave out my full name and/or address, or any other actually identifying pieces of information.

TheCountAlucard
2011-07-12, 04:13 PM
Politeness? Which Internet have you been using all this time?You seem to be mistaking this for the Internet in general; this is GitP, where there are higher standards.

Iceforge
2011-07-12, 04:24 PM
You seem to be mistaking this for the Internet in general; this is GitP, where there are higher standards.

Im with the Count on this in general.

Saying stuff about people while using their real names, even if just the first names, is pretty rude in my book, even if this Tom made and arse out of himself.

And Im even blessed with the very anonymous Michael as a first name

Caiphon
2011-07-12, 04:45 PM
You seem to be mistaking this for the Internet in general; this is GitP, where there are higher standards.

Count, you're right with that, so let me admit that while nick's isn't my Dm's real name, Tom is actually his name, and I totally see your point, because I would also feel pretty bad If someone did a thread criticizing me with both my first or last name. My bad :smallredface:

Actually, that's the only thing I know from the guy, so maybe he's even reading the post, although I don't think so.

Asur
2011-07-12, 05:45 PM
Never had a session that turned violent, but was at the local game shop when one of the M:TG players swung a chair at the back of the head of the guy who just beat him.

RandomNPC
2011-07-12, 06:09 PM
I shared DM duty once.
DM changed the robots the group had completely, AC went sky high and all the programed in limitations disappeared. A new XP system was brought in without my knowledge, and when I asked why the only non-human leveled differently there was a flipout and accusations of an Ego Trip on non-humans part.

Luckily I asked online and not in person, I gave it a week and asked them not to come back, THEN I get a response with an apology....

shadow_archmagi
2011-07-12, 06:18 PM
Count, you're right with that, so let me admit that while nick's isn't my Dm's real name, Tom is actually his name, and I totally see your point, because I would also feel pretty bad If someone did a thread criticizing me with both my first or last name. My bad :smallredface:

Actually, that's the only thing I know from the guy, so maybe he's even reading the post, although I don't think so.

To be fair, once you've screamed and attacked someone over a tabletop game, you've kinda abandoned dignity anyway.

FatJose
2011-07-12, 06:27 PM

No. Simply no. Its a first name. You know how many people are named Tom? Also, if you don't want him knowing, you should have said he bit people and then ran naked down the street because your story is what tells him your talking about him. Its not that you use real (extremely common) first names.
You really think he wont know that this story involving a Druid's player going nuts and attacking people in their first game with a new group after they were kicked from a previous group and then arrested was a different person if you changed the name to Sarah? No. He would know. He would know and he'd still be pissed off because this is a person who starts fist fights over imaginary people.
Honestly, if that's an actual thing to worry about and you really feel bad about gossiping about a deranged psychopath, you shouldn't have ever posted anything at all. Got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

That said, Fudge-a-Ninja named Tom

Tengu_temp
2011-07-12, 08:54 PM

Stricter rules. Not the same thing.

The Glyphstone
2011-07-12, 09:15 PM
"Wow. It's 02:07 AM were I live and I just got home from the police station."

I foresaw what the thread would entail when I read those words. I wish I had been mistaken. :smallfrown:

My thoughts exactly.

Seffbasilisk
2011-07-12, 09:23 PM
Rough night dude. This is why most groups I'm with enforce a strict Leave it outside/leave it at the table policy.

My thoughts exactly.

Ditto.

...and you thought your players got worked up, 'eh Glyph?

The Glyphstone
2011-07-12, 09:24 PM
Rough night dude. This is why most groups I'm with enforce a strict Leave it outside/leave it at the table policy.

Ditto.

...and you thought your players got worked up, 'eh Glyph?

No, I've just managed to get you worked up. There's a difference.:smallsmile:

Narren
2011-07-12, 10:27 PM
I'm just envisioning Tom explaining how he got into jail to his fellow prisoners. Fun times.

Fortunately, I've never seen a D&D session escalate into violence. A handgun showed up at one once, but that was mostly just wild stupidity.

There's a gun at pretty much every one of my sessions. Usually a few knives, too. They don't generally get pulled out, though.

I had one player hit another player with a metal hose nozzle after he killed his NPC follower. We were like 15 or 16, though.

I had another player chase one through a closed screen door. That was expensive but kind of hilarious.

Seb Wiers
2011-07-12, 10:30 PM
i can only imagine him sitting in his cell thinking "wow i ****ed up"

Probably not. People who don't learn from the the consequences of previous mistakes tend not to learn from larger consequences for the same mistakes; they just invest more energy in finding ways to justify blaming others for their problems (the one skill such people DO develop).

Erloas
2011-07-12, 10:49 PM
One question I have is... have you had worse nights using other systems? Was specifying that this was a 3.5 game really necessary?
I've heard similar stories, just not over an RPG.

hangedman1984
2011-07-12, 10:54 PM
If you watch news clips from back in the day, you know that we could do that back in the mid 80's when we all listened to Iron Maiden, Ozzy, and Alice Cooper and were marching off to the nine hells in lockstep with each other. :smalltongue:

But then they invented Vampire games and girls started playing. Suddenly it wasn't evil anymore. :smallcool:

man, girls ruin everything

LibraryOgre
2011-07-12, 11:03 PM
One question I have is... have you had worse nights using other systems? Was specifying that this was a 3.5 game really necessary?
I've heard similar stories, just not over an RPG.

Oh, come on. Everyone knows that 3.5 ruins everything. :smallwink:

Seriously, though, I think I've been the worst offender in any of these situations... including the guy we kicked out because he had the module in his backpack, and kept taking it with him to the bathroom.

nihil8r
2011-07-13, 01:21 AM
i hope the minis were ok! :(

Seb Wiers
2011-07-13, 06:00 AM
I would think the Cops see enough of the people who are nuts to not think anything of the D&D being played.

Several of the players in my old Vampire LARP (which often had 50+ people turn up) were police. Including the Prince.

Xiander
2011-07-13, 06:36 AM
Stricter rules. Not the same thing.

Actually the count's posts seem to imply that at least some posters here have higher standards than the general norm on the net.

Jay R
2011-07-13, 09:39 AM
The next time somebody tries to tell you that D&D players are wimps and nerds, quietly and calmly tell them about the violent criminal that your D&D group subdued and turned over to the police.

The Glyphstone
2011-07-13, 10:07 AM
The next time somebody tries to tell you that D&D players are wimps and nerds, quietly and calmly tell them about the violent criminal that your D&D group subdued and turned over to the police.

They'd just point out that it was 5 on 1, and 1500 pounds can always overpower 300 pounds.Cause, y'know, nerds are also always overweight.

huttj509
2011-07-13, 10:18 AM
They'd just point out that it was 5 on 1, and 1500 pounds can always overpower 300 pounds.Cause, y'know, nerds are also always overweight.

Hey, that's not...

*thinks to some of his gaming groups*

Ok, so if one guy's...well, huge, a couple are just large, one's normal, and one's an underweight toothpick, how does that average out?

Sebastrd
2011-07-13, 12:24 PM
Try to find a way to feel thankful to Tom. Sure he ruined an evening of DnD and you never want to meet the crazy guy again. But he gave you a more important thing, a story about DnD that won't bore mundanes out of their brain, when you had to call the police because a guy lost his ship over a board game.

He said they were playing 3.5, not 4E. :smalltongue:

4E fan, still couldn't resist...

The Glyphstone
2011-07-13, 12:42 PM
Hey, that's not...

*thinks to some of his gaming groups*

Ok, so if one guy's...well, huge, a couple are just large, one's normal, and one's an underweight toothpick, how does that average out?

According to the Obesity By Association Principle, they all count as huge, including the toothpick.

DiBastet
2011-07-13, 03:02 PM
Note to self: Never accept a buddy-level friend of a player that was kicked from his previous group. Only consider if it's trusted-friend level.

DiBastet
2011-07-13, 03:14 PM
Several of the players in my old Vampire LARP (which often had 50+ people turn up) were police. Including the Prince.

The prince? That's hardcore, btw.

Jay R
2011-07-13, 03:27 PM

I doubt it. It's going to blow their minds about D&D players. They'd be far more likely to disbelieve it.

Besides, the reply would be, "And how many violent criminals has your football team (or whatever activity they're involved in) turned over to the police, then?"

dps
2011-07-13, 09:39 PM
Im with the Count on this in general.

Saying stuff about people while using their real names, even if just the first names, is pretty rude in my book, even if this Tom made and arse out of himself.

And Im even blessed with the very anonymous Michael as a first name

Personally, I don't see why you think it's more polite to use a fake name for someone when you talk about them behind their back.

Jay R
2011-07-14, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=Iceforge;11402411]Saying stuff about people while using their real names, even if just the first names, is pretty rude in my book, even if this Tom made and arse out of himself./QUOTE]

Let's put this back in perspective. Tom didn't "make an arse of himself"; he committed a violent crime. It isn't a private action; it's already on a police blotter, with full names.

They've signed affidavits that are public documents. They are quite likely to eventually go to court and testify, using full names, in a public venue.

It's not a private matter any more.

If a long-term friend makes an arse of himself in private, I owe him a certainly level of discretion.

But if somebody physically assaults me the first day I meet him, and I have to subdue him and turn him over to the police, leading to him assaulting a police officer, that does not give him a call on my services or cooperation. Somehow I just don't automatically assume that means I owe him anything - certainly not anonymity.

This is not a quiet, private moment of a friend making an arse out of himself.

Iceforge
2011-07-14, 01:52 PM

Let's put this back in perspective. Tom didn't "make an arse of himself"; he committed a violent crime. It isn't a private action; it's already on a police blotter, with full names.

They've signed affidavits that are public documents. They are quite likely to eventually go to court and testify, using full names, in a public venue.

It's not a private matter any more.

If a long-term friend makes an arse of himself in private, I owe him a certainly level of discretion.

But if somebody physically assaults me the first day I meet him, and I have to subdue him and turn him over to the police, leading to him assaulting a police officer, that does not give him a call on my services or cooperation. Somehow I just don't automatically assume that means I owe him anything - certainly not anonymity.

This is not a quiet, private moment of a friend making an arse out of himself.

Good point, I stand corrected

Honest Tiefling
2011-07-17, 02:56 PM
I'll echo what others have said and say that's pretty bad. Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt.

If you have a local game store, consider spreading the word. You guys might have been able to pull off the dude from Nick, but other groups might not be able to. Just a suggestion, however.

As for similar experiences, I used to play with a DM who was poked in the neck with an dull knife. Didn't cut the skin, but wasn't the most fun experience. (BTW, no matter how cute the asian girls are, do not allow the crazy ones into your group, ever).

Traab
2011-07-17, 05:49 PM
I'll echo what others have said and say that's pretty bad. Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt.

If you have a local game store, consider spreading the word. You guys might have been able to pull off the dude from Nick, but other groups might not be able to. Just a suggestion, however.

As for similar experiences, I used to play with a DM who was poked in the neck with an dull knife. Didn't cut the skin, but wasn't the most fun experience. (BTW, no matter how cute the asian girls are, do not allow the crazy ones into your group, ever).

The crazy chicks are the best ones. The crazy asian chicks go all lady deathstrike on you when you get them mad. Nails become talons, and they go right for the face. I find it hilarious. Seriously, ive been attacked by three crazy asian ladies, all go for the face, with nails that could pierce sheet metal.

I dont have a terrible D&D story, but I did have a nice lan party of call of duty setup, where this one guy was such a terrible loser that he screamed so loud, the neighbors called police. I mean he flipped out. You would have thought we ACTUALLY shot him with the screams he let out. I just thank god he didnt start chucking computers, (only his headset)