PDA

View Full Version : Proposal fiasco?

junglesteve
2011-07-12, 07:15 PM
Ok, so here is the deal, i'm going to propose to my girlfriend this coming tuesday. I'm doing it in the most public way possible also;her friends band will be playing as the main attraction for this massive festival her hometown throws every year. I'm also inviting all our friends and family to watch it all crash and burn haha.

Heres the thing - I wanted to play a song either during or after the proposal but I cant think of one. The first time we said we loved each other we were at an 80s prom themed party at a brewery and we won king / Queen. I honestly don't remember the song they played for our dance because I was WAY too drunk. I am pretty sure it was something from the cars though.

Pika...
2011-07-12, 07:56 PM
My advise? KISS. Don't get too complicated with a song. Timing or god knows what can happen wrong. She may just want to take a tinkle at that point in time for all you know.

However, maybe you can talk to the program director/producer of the event, or maybe even the friend of her in the band, to make a pause of sorts for you to get on stage and say your peace?

Either way, congrats!!! May you be quite happy.

Or if she says no...well, don't go finding the nearest bridge, OK? :smallwink:

Lord Loss
2011-07-12, 09:00 PM
Maybe you could ask her what song they played at your prom? Or a friend of yours/hers, if you keep in touch with your classmates. Without making it obvious that you're going to propose to her or anything, though.

Xefas
2011-07-12, 09:07 PM
If sitcoms have taught me anything, your best course of action will be to choose a song at random and hope she was also too drunk to remember what the right song was, and then after the song, but before hearing from her whether she actually does recall properly or not, launch into a heartfelt speech about how you could never forget such an important and momentous occasion as the first time you confessed your love to one another, and that's why the song you chose will always be so important to you.

It can't fail.

Pika...
2011-07-12, 09:08 PM
It can't fail.

Famous last words.

SDF
2011-07-12, 09:10 PM
My advise? KISS.

I couldn't disagree more. There is nothing romantic about KISS!

Linkavitch
2011-07-12, 10:01 PM
I couldn't disagree more. There is nothing romantic about KISS!

Well, they do sound like the wanna Rock and Roll all Night. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IncrediblyLamePun)

Sorry for the three hours of your life I just wasted if you clicked on that link)

Blisstake
2011-07-12, 10:10 PM
KISS.

Do you mean keep it simple, or play a KISS song? :smalltongue:

Pika...
2011-07-12, 10:14 PM
Do you mean keep it simple, or play a KISS song? :smalltongue:

Simple.....

Artemis97
2011-07-12, 10:28 PM
i would suggest asking someone who was also there and perhaps not as drunk... or hey, ask her if you can get away with it subtly enough. Whatever you do, Good luck! And I hope you two have a long and happy future together.

Coidzor
2011-07-12, 10:29 PM
Do you guys have any other songs of significance to the two of you as a couple?

Or of special significance to her?

Then again, if it's something like how my ex was named after an Allman Brothers song, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfM6nRVBvGs) due to it playing prominently during her conception... Might wanna avoid that kind of special song. :smallwink:

junglesteve
2011-07-13, 08:07 AM
Do you guys have any other songs of significance to the two of you as a couple?

Or of special significance to her?

Then again, if it's something like how my ex was named after an Allman Brothers song, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfM6nRVBvGs) due to it playing prominently during her conception... Might wanna avoid that kind of special song. :smallwink:

She was also named after an Allman brothers song hahah (Melissa)

Asta Kask
2011-07-13, 08:22 AM
Whatever you do, don't ask her in an elevator.