PDA

View Full Version : Team Evil

MoonCat
2011-07-12, 07:47 PM
Pretty simple, when do you think we'll see them again?

It doesn't seem likely that we'll be switching the point of view over to them for a while yet, as we're in the middle of a battle which is rapidly climaxing, and may have a death involved in it (we know someone dies in this book according to commentary, this seems to be around the time where things get dangerous). So, when do you think we'll be next seeing them, and where?

SavageWombat
2011-07-12, 09:31 PM
I suspect it will be the next time that Rich wants to have a period of uneventful time pass in the comic.

After the battles are over, perhaps, or while they're travelling.

Maybe it'll be after the Order has been soundly beaten by the Guild and we're waiting to find out why they're not all just dead.

Gift Jeraff
2011-07-12, 09:38 PM
I'm thinking towards the very end of the arc/book. Like in the last 10-ish strips. My guess is Xykon will return with something that will help in finding the phylactery, and then Team Evil will be on their way to Girard's Gate, with the Gate being destroyed in the first third of the next arc/book.

Esprit15
2011-07-12, 09:43 PM
Maybe right at the most dramatic moment he has planned for this arc. Heck, he could even make a reference to the interuption.

:roy: That's it! I'm gonna kill you!
:thog: uh-oh
:xykon: Hey, Redcloak! I see you're really intent on doing...something, but come help me with this trivial thing.
:redcloak: *sigh* No, it wasn't anything important...

*Note: I suck at writing dialouge. Sue me.:smallannoyed:

NerfTW
2011-07-12, 10:24 PM
Given that they need to at least pass within 100 feet of Girard's gate before going to Kraagor's gate, they need to show up at some point, even if it's after the gate is inevitably destroyed. We know Xykon is going all out searching for the phylactery, and he's moving out right after that.

My guess is he'll have something to do with thenext gate's destruction as well.

hoff
2011-07-14, 12:53 AM
I bet that the order will be in some random dungeon and they will open a door and BAM team evil on the other side.

:roy:I'M GOING TO KILL YOU (again)!
:xykon:Who are you again?
:roy:The human you killed in Azure City!
:xykon:Can you be more specific?
:roy:I jumped on your zombie dragon and decapitated him!
:xykon:Strange, I don't remember ever riding a zombie dragon in Azure City...
:roy: /facepalm
:redcloak:Sir, he is the human who stole your crown.
:xykon:Oh my gods, I totally killed you. How did that turn out for you?
:elan:It turn out it was a very good excuse to have tons of flashbacks and convenient time-lapses.
:xykon:Heh, strange how those always happen when you are dead or undead. I mean, I don't even remember getting in this dungeon!
:roy: ...

legomaster00156
2011-07-14, 01:46 PM
I bet that the order will be in some random dungeon and they will open a door and BAM team evil on the other side.

:roy:I'M GOING TO KILL YOU (again)!
:xykon:Who are you again?
:roy:The human you killed in Azure City!
:xykon:Can you be more specific?
:roy:I jumped on your zombie dragon and decapitated him!
:xykon:Strange, I don't remember ever riding a zombie dragon in Azure City...
:roy: /facepalm
:redcloak:Sir, he is the human who stole your crown.
:xykon:Oh my gods, I totally killed you. How did that turn out for you?
:elan:It turn out it was a very good excuse to have tons of flashbacks and convenient time-lapses.
:xykon:Heh, strange how those always happen when you are dead or undead. I mean, I don't even remember getting in this dungeon!
:roy: ...

I vote for this.

Nevereatcars
2011-07-14, 01:49 PM
I vote for this.

Seconded. Legitimately seconded.

SamBurke
2011-07-14, 01:55 PM
THIRDED. To the max.

Joerg
2011-07-14, 02:48 PM
I'd like to see Xykon turn up unexpectedly and kill or defeat Tarquin. For example in a plot approximately like:

the Order and the Linear Guild fight
Tarquin defeats the Linear Guild and shows the Order the Gate; possibly demonstrates that he controls access to the Gate
Xykon turns up and kills Tarquin
the Order (and Girard, if alive) fight Team Evil, the Gate is destroyed somehow, perhaps through intervention of the IFCC

Nimrod's Son
2011-07-14, 04:47 PM
I vote for this.
I vote for something original written by Rich Burlew, rather than a rehashing of some of his previous scenes written by a fan trying to mimic his voice. :smalltongue:

Gwynfrid
2011-07-14, 05:34 PM
I vote for something original written by Rich Burlew, rather than a rehashing of some of his previous scenes written by a fan trying to mimic his voice. :smalltongue:

Seconded. It was a pretty good attempt from hoff, though.

Nimrod's Son
2011-07-14, 06:53 PM
Seconded. It was a pretty good attempt from hoff, though.
Oh, yeah, I mean no disrespect to Hoff. But what he wrote there isn't something that I literally want to see happen in the comic.

Mutant Sheep
2011-07-14, 07:57 PM
Oh, yeah, I mean no disrespect to Hoff. But what he wrote there isn't something that I literally want to see happen in the comic.

THIRDED! I have to agree, I wouldn't want to see that either.

MesiDoomstalker
2011-07-14, 08:29 PM

Though you have to admit it would be funny. I don't want to see it happen, but it would be hilarious if it did.

hoff
2011-07-14, 08:59 PM
Indeed repetition is funny if it's a running gag :smile:, the convenient time-lapses thing is all me though.