PDA

View Full Version : koa-toa in gestalt

Darth Stabber
2011-07-12, 10:05 PM
So lately the lure of the fish men of blipdoolpoolp has proven strong. Assuming the allowance of RHD and LA being counted as one side of a gestalt: what would you play? Cleric/sea mother whip is tempting but cliche.

IthroZada
2011-07-12, 10:10 PM
So lately the lure of the fish men of blipdoolpoolp has proven strong. Assuming the allowance of RHD and LA being counted as one side of a gestalt: what would you play? Cleric/sea mother whip is tempting but cliche.

Given their knowledge of deep forgotten things at the bottom of the sea, a Binder would be interesting. Bonus if it's Cthulhu themed.

kharmakazy
2011-07-12, 10:15 PM
Warblade into bloodstorm blade on one side? Melee/throw those awesome harpoons. Get quick-draw and throw a harpoon at every enemy you see!

Seriously Koa-toan harpoons are my favorite weapon.

Delcor
2011-07-12, 10:36 PM
I believe its Kua-Toa, at least thats what I remember.
What domains does blipdoolpoolp offer?

kharmakazy
2011-07-12, 10:38 PM

kuo-toa actually, but who's counting.

WinWin
2011-07-12, 11:18 PM
A Monitor. Sticky hands style monk. Gestalt makes Enlightened Fist, Tashalatora and/or Sacred Fist workable. Leaves some room for an initiator class on the other side, preferably using a reflavoured Tiger Claw discipline.

Only a name change to the discipline powers, so Raging Mongoose would become something like Frenzied Piranha, whereas Blood in the Water can stay the same.

Darth Stabber
2011-07-13, 12:52 AM

As far a domains??? blipdoolpoolp is NE so we know that the evil domain is in. As far as I remember she can also grant knowledge, trickery, water. There is probably another one. Sea mother grants the watery death prestige domain, which grants smite non-aquatic once per day (+wis to hit, +caster lvl to damage), and an odd assortment of spells (including several unique or druid spells). Decent domain, but only available to the PRC.

A Monitor. Sticky hands style monk. Gestalt makes Enlightened Fist, Tashalatora and/or Sacred Fist workable. Leaves some room for an initiator class on the other side, preferably using a reflavoured Tiger Claw discipline.

Only a name change to the discipline powers, so Raging Mongoose would become something like Frenzied Piranha, whereas Blood in the Water can stay the same.

If you are already monking it up, inquisitor of the drowning goddess gives a couple of neat options for your racial stickyness.