PDA

View Full Version : Frontline Divine Necromancer

Sedall
2011-07-13, 02:40 AM
EDIT: Nuts, posted this in the general area instead of the 3.5 board. Is there a way to move it?

Hello! Sedall here, once again to ask the board for its advice on a build.

I'm attempting to recreate one of my earlier DnD characters, long before I knew anything about optimization except "The +6 item is better!". Through convoluted breeding in the past (I.E, the only 3 books I had were PhB, Planar Handbook, and RotD), the character was a draconic aasimar, and a NE cleric. After finding out that, hey, commanding wraiths is pretty cool, I decided that a cleric necromancer was the path for me. Eventually, lichdom was achieved (despite my knowledge now that an outsider couldn't do that, and it was a GM pull kinda thing. Long story, we'll avoid that.) and he was retired.

Hmmm. That really is just backstory, and useless for the question at hand. Sorry, let's move along.

So, I envision him as a frontline cleric, battling side by side with his undead minions. At the moment, the build I'm considering is:

Race: Draconic (Lesser) Aasimar
Cleric 4/ Ordained Champion 3/ Bone Knight 10/ Contemplative 1/ Divine Oracle 2.
Special Rules: LA buyoff, PF feat progression (Every odd level)

Now, I'd go with that, except I do want to become undead at some point. Necropolitan is well known to me, but if I go undead, is there really much of an advantage to taking anything past the first 5 levels of Bone Knight? Playground, suggestions please!

Stallion
2011-07-13, 03:37 AM
I don't remember off the top of my head what the hitdie and BAB for it is (BAB hardly matters if you're going melee cleric), but the Walker in the Waste PrC out of Sandstorm will get you the Dry Lich template as it's capstone.