PDA

View Full Version : Monsters/Races with Invisibility at will

Chaosblade
2011-07-13, 03:29 PM
I've looked for hours, but the only (playable) race I can find with this is the Pixie. I'm looking for a lower LA than 4, if possible.

Flame of Anor
2011-07-13, 04:17 PM
Will o' wisp, maybe?

Chaosblade
2011-07-13, 04:19 PM
I should probably mention that this is for a Warlock PC in an arena game.

aquaticrna
2011-07-13, 04:30 PM
i don't know of any... you may just have to go with a ring of invisibility... suboptimal, but an option

excruciarch
2011-07-13, 05:13 PM
The first thing I'd like to give my character for a one on one match against a caster is something granting see invisibility. Being invisible is not that great, being able to Hide in plain sight or go Ethereal and actually strike from there is ways better.

Cog
2011-07-13, 05:21 PM
Primordial Half-Giant, from Secrets of Xen'dric. It even gets favored class: Warlock.

Chaosblade
2011-07-13, 06:13 PM
My other choice is the Petal from MM3. 30+ AC by 3rd level? Yes, please.

Thurbane
2011-07-13, 06:35 PM
Petal is technically not a playable race, it's LA is listed as +2 (Cohort).

Pixie seems to be a popular choice for Warlocks around here...

Just noticed Pixie mentioned in the OP

Chaosblade
2011-07-13, 06:42 PM
Technically, perhaps. But I figure, what if it were any other creature with a -- LA as listed in the book? What adjustments would need to be done to make it playable?

And Tibbit also crossed my mind, for fun.

erikun
2011-07-13, 06:51 PM
Invisible Stalker, although the SRD doesn't have a playable LA.

I should probably mention that this is for a Warlock PC in an arena game.
A Warlock can get at-will invisibility at 6th level anyways (Walk Unseen), so you are probably better off not playing anything with any LA.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-13, 06:51 PM
Jermalaine have +0 I believe and are tiny.

Chaosblade
2011-07-13, 06:54 PM
Invisible Stalker, although the SRD doesn't have a playable LA.

A Warlock can get at-will invisibility at 6th level anyways (Walk Unseen), so you are probably better off not playing anything with any LA.

Invisibility as a Standard Action < Greater Invisibility as a Free Action

NecroRick
2011-07-13, 07:23 PM
So is an arena game is where you and another PC duke it out to the death?

If you want to mess up their shizzle, Warlocks can get Greater Invisibility + all day dispelling. Against a meat-stick you fly you can hover up out of reach and sick a swarm on them, alternately try to figure out a way to conceal where your blasts are coming from.

A couple of scrolls of extended heat/chill metal will ruin their day.

If you're going up against an arcanist, try to figure out a way to stop time-stop shennaniganings. There's something like half a dozen different systems for counterspelling, so see if you can get one of them to work with your at will countering.

Also, setting them on fire/acid for damage over mulltiple turns may help.

Chaosblade
2011-07-13, 07:29 PM
As much as it is appreciated, I'm not looking for advice on how to play the class. I'm simply looking for a different race other than human, catfolk, drow, petal, thorn, and pixie. One race in particular I vaguely recall but can't find; it turns invisible or something at will. A very beasty race, from the sound of it, but I can't find it, nor anything like it. I think I remember it being in the SRD.

Saintheart
2011-07-13, 09:04 PM
Invisible Stalker?

Thurbane
2011-07-13, 09:13 PM
From the SRD, in addition to the creatures already mentioned, there is the Phantom Fungus (constant Greater Invisibility) and the Hellcat (Invisible in light); both are LA - (i.e. not intended to be playable).

Chaosblade
2011-07-13, 09:21 PM
Hmmm... must not have been SRD, or maybe it wasn't invisibility at all. I'm currently going through the SRD to find it, but with no luck. All I remember clearly was that it was bipedal and had a low LA with an at-will SLA that was pretty cool. Curse my poor memory...

Anderlith
2011-07-13, 09:51 PM
You could try Imp

Flame of Anor
2011-07-13, 10:42 PM
Invisible Stalker?

The tag is [url], not [link].

Delcor
2011-07-13, 10:55 PM
I've looked for hours, but the only (playable) race I can find with this is the Pixie. I'm looking for a lower LA than 4, if possible.

Not sure what LA stands for :smallfrown: , but Ogre Mages can cast invis at will, and they are technically playable.

EDIT: oops, just figured it out, I guess ogre mage doesn't work then :smalltongue: