PDA

View Full Version : Travelling to the Elf world! (Álfheimr)

Elvencloud
2011-07-13, 05:39 PM
All right guys, here's my issue- I'm DMing a Norse based campaign. As part of the main quest, they came across an entity of corruption (think Hexxus) that is trying to alter the effects of Ragnarok- Making it so that all nature will be destroyed.
Anyways, he fled from the party to Álfheimr, the land of spirits and light elves to try to continue his corrupting influence. What kind of creatures do you think I should put here? Particularly, this is a shamanistic style quest.

Ideas-Ghosts, celestials, Wraiths (corrupted spirits), and obviously elves (I'm giving them the celestial template).

hivedragon
2011-07-13, 05:50 PM
Anything with the fey type and any CG outsiders.

randomhero00
2011-07-13, 05:52 PM
Anything to do with air or that has flight or that has to do with the sun (fire) or stars. That's a big list. I won't bother. The most noble creature there should probably be the pegasus.

Edit oh and the post above^ elves weren't particularly good. More neutral in norse mythos as even the light elves were often deadly tricksters.

hivedragon
2011-07-13, 06:09 PM
@post above
eledrin and lilliends more for the crunch than the fluff
slaadi and demons would be out of place

Elvencloud
2011-07-13, 06:13 PM
Edit oh and the post above^ elves weren't particularly good. More neutral in norse mythos as even the light elves were often deadly tricksters.

Then perhaps I'll just use a modified template of my own creation. I'm gonna give them a bit more fluff and outsider type, for effect.

And creatures associated with the sun? Any examples?