PDA

View Full Version : teej has an announcement

big teej
2011-07-13, 09:54 PM
imagine for me, if you will.

a stage, with a massive black flag with an aquilla emblazoned upon it in gold. A man walks up onto the stage and stands behind the big impressive podium.

the man speaks,

"I would like to make it known that my grandma is awesome. that is all, thankyou for your time"

the man leaves the stage, the curtains run out, and the lights dim.
show's over folks!
My grandma rocks

Blue Ghost
2011-07-13, 09:56 PM
What's the occasion?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-07-13, 09:56 PM
Is this just a general thing, or has your grandmother recently done something that warrants this? Can you give us an example of your grandmother being awesome.

Lady Moreta
2011-07-13, 11:06 PM
My Grandma's pretty cool too... what's yours done that's so :smallcool: worthy? :smallsmile:

KuReshtin
2011-07-14, 04:25 AM
My grandma can beat up your grandma, teej. :smalltongue:

I think my grandmother's pretty awesome as well, if you couldn't already tell. :smallbiggrin:

big teej
2011-07-14, 08:05 AM
the longer and more detailed version for those of you who have been curious.

money is super tight right now, between the economy and the fact I can't find a job.

this coming semester in the Fall, I'm taking a "guitar class" and I have to furnish my own guitar. it was beginning to look like I would have to drop the class due to the fact that I couldn't pick up what I needed to play (which is... well, everything) so I've been working on scrounging the money out of places. my girlfriend (who's debatebly worse off than I am) offered to put at least 100 dollars towards my minimum requirement of 200. so between that and my 40 dollars in the bank, and the 40 my grandmother had already left me (unrelated) I was only 20 dollars short of my goal.

a day or so later, my mother informs me that my grandma had called her and intended to buy the whole kit I needed.

so now, thanks to my grandmother, I get to learn bass next semester, irritate my parents with practice, and keep my class on my schedule.

and brag on her at every opportunity :smalltongue:

KuReshtin
2011-07-14, 08:41 AM
Ok, so that's pretty damn cool of your grandma.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-07-14, 03:31 PM
That's very nice of her! Give her a biiiiig hug next time you see her!

Lady Moreta
2011-07-14, 08:55 PM
That is very cool. Your grandma officially rocks :smallbiggrin:

Starscream
2011-07-14, 09:15 PM
Tell her that the internet likes her.

Then, maybe tell her what the internet is. My grandmother needed to have it explained about six times.:smallwink:

rakkoon
2011-07-15, 01:30 AM
Learn her favourite song and play it for her!