PDA

View Full Version : AVB - Ultimate Compilation of Ultimate Destiny in the Punishing Passage

planswalker
2011-07-13, 11:57 PM
This is the BIG teamup thread for the puninshing passage. If you are not one of the 5 pc's in here and/or a dm, go away before we mob you.

Rinthac and Mord are in another room and will continue their actions in the PPT thread.

Shadow, Isten and Alfonso are just outside the foggy room in the antechamber. They post here.

Once Rinthac and Mord leave that room, they will rejoin you.

Moranica
2011-07-14, 01:53 AM
"Nice to meet you, Shadow. What brought your makers to name you Shadow? Please tell me it's because you're a rogue. We've met to many traps along the way."

Elrihm
2011-07-14, 02:12 AM
LOL, hi moranica.

Moranica
2011-07-14, 02:18 AM
My, my. :smallbiggrin: Greetings!

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2011-07-14, 07:42 PM
"Im a little bit of everything - whats taking them so long?" Shadow wonders aloud.

Moranica
2011-07-15, 02:00 AM
"Indeed, I don't have time for this. What's in there anyway?"

"Perhaps we could just sneak past?"

"Who's with me?"

Alfonso steps into the room, and moves around, hugging the left wall.

Rizban
2011-07-15, 01:13 PM
A human walks into the room carrying a small wooden chest and a rolled up tapestry, where he notices the two newcomers.

"Who are you? I didn't expect to split my treasure at all, and now I'm splitting it three ways. There's not enough to split five. Though, you're welcome to take the coins here if you want them. I can't carry anymore."

Looking over his shoulder, he calls back into the room from which he emerged.

"Come on, Mord. Let's get going."

He makes his way towards the door, hugging the wall opposite the one the newcomers are on.

mrcarter11
2011-07-15, 01:14 PM
"I'm not so sure of this idea.. Nor am I sure it is a good idea.

Elrihm
2011-07-15, 03:42 PM
Mord nods at Rinthac, hoists his pack around his shoulders, and follows him out, hugging the wall.

"Hey Shadow! You coming? Also, Rinthac, I think it might be a good idea to find a place to hole up for a little while. I know Shadow and I could use it at least."

Rizban
2011-07-15, 03:57 PM
"Quiet, Mord. Didn't you notice the newcomers?"

Moranica
2011-07-15, 04:33 PM
Could I get describtions from everyone, before I make any kind of decission?

My own. A tall, poorly dressed spellscale bum, with dark hair and blue eyes. The only two very good looking obvious things are his longbow and breastplate.

Moranica
2011-07-15, 05:00 PM
Now we didnt survive all this just for some coins. I believe we are entitled to half.

Alfonso says in an intimidating fashion, and starts casting a spell.

Dm only
I have a good intimidate, but not allowed on pc right?
For spellcraft. Casting summon undead 3. An ogre zombie.

Elrihm
2011-07-15, 05:04 PM
Mord frowns, and keeps quiet. The camaraderie thus far has seemed to touch a note within him, apparently lowering his inhibititions.

"I'm slipping", he thinks, and delays his action, waiting to see how Rinthac and Shadow reacts.

Mord is an average looking man, in his twenty somethings with tightly cropped brown hair, slate grey eyes, and a forgettable face. He is dressed in a grey robe with a backpack slung on his back, a quarterstaff in his hand, and a bloodred dagger at his side. A few other trinkets adorn his person.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2011-07-15, 07:09 PM
Shadow wasn't sure where the conversation was going but it seemed to be degrading quickly. He stays in the other room near the door debating about what to do next.

He reaches into his pack and pulls out one more potion and downs it in a fast gulp.

potion : [roll0]

Shadow is rather short for a warforged (6'2"). He has a dull grey metalic finish and black eyes. He has a black cloak and sports some brown gloves.

He holds a short sword in each hand.

A small bat is perched on his shoulder and occasionally squeeks in his ear.

Rizban
2011-07-15, 11:56 PM
Now we didnt survive all this just for some coins. I believe we are entitled to half.

Alfonso says in an intimidating fashion, and starts casting a spell.

Dm only
I have a good intimidate, but not allowed on pc right?
For spellcraft. Casting summon undead 3. An ogre zombie.

"Like I said, you can have all of these coins stacked about the room. We already have all that we came for."

The human is mostly obscured by his gleaming breastplate and accompanying helmet. What you can see of him reveals that he's middle aged. He is not currently wielding a weapon, and all of his gear is obviously magical, especially the floating crystal platform on which he hovers.

Moranica
2011-07-16, 01:21 AM
Do i see coins?

planswalker
2011-07-16, 07:17 AM
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4432/punishp2.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/punishp2.png/)

sorry, initial description of the room. forgot that the two of you didn't see it due to the mist.

Moranica
2011-07-16, 07:36 AM
A large zombie ogre appears near the entrance of the room.

"Kill anybody that tries to leave"

"Just coins will not do. I want one of the artifacts as well."

Rizban
2011-07-16, 09:23 AM
"Artifacts? I came for this old history book of nonmagical nature. I'm just a collector of ancient stories, and I picked up this antique tapestry while here. There weren't any artifacts left."

He opens the chest.

"See? I've picked up 300 coins to split among the three of us and the book I came for. Nothing more in here, and I'm kind of at the weight limit for my sled, so I can't carry any more out of here anyway... at least not without climbing down and walking. I hate walking.

Well, there's some antique furniture left back there that you could take. It was simply far too large for either Mord or I to figure out how to carry anyway."

Moranica
2011-07-16, 10:40 AM
"You went through this entire gauntlet for just a nonmagical book? A man of my heart I must say. But since you know how to value old stuff AND you chose the tapestry over the gold. I guess the tapestry must be worth more then it's weight in gold. So here's my final proposition.

I get the tapestry. You get your book, whatever you collected and what else you might want to fill your sled with further. This way we can end this peacefully."

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2011-07-16, 11:56 AM
"Wait a second" Shadow speaks up from the doorway. "You're letting those two take thousands of coins, and the three of us are supposed to split 300 gold and a dusty old book thats not magical? That seems like a really bad deal from my postion. "

"First off, why are you giving away my share of that pile so you can run off with a dusty 'worthless' book? What gives you that right?"

"Mord, I don't know you that well but I don't see why you would give up a huge pile of coins for 100 gp and getting nothing else. Something isn't adding up."

"How do we know there wasn't a pile of relics and artifacts in that room that you guys have pocketed? You seem pretty keen to give away thousands of coins to make your escape."

Elrihm
2011-07-16, 01:42 PM
"My interests aren't quite so provincial in nature as coin. It is a tool, a means to an end, and nothing more. Like Rinthac, I treasure knowledge, magical or not. Often enough, coins bring more enemies than they are worth, while knowledge is priceless and useful. Indeed this small treasure would have us at each others throats. Neither Rinthac nor I care about this treasure, if you want it, you're going to have to fight them for it." Mord gestures at the two humans.

DM only
About how big is this room, x wide, y long, z high?

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2011-07-16, 02:50 PM
"Whoa, whoa, whoa- I wasn't look for a fight, just a fair share. Certainly nothing wrong with that. You guys wouldn't have gotten this far with out me." Shadow tries to clarify.

"The whole "we're only interested in knowledge thing" would have been more plausable if you guys weren't carrying a chest filled with gold."

As an afterthought he adds "Besides, there was something ....not quite right.... with those coins." Shadow motions towards the mounds of coins in the center of the room.

Do I see the body of the acid thing or is it back in it's hiding spot?

planswalker
2011-07-16, 02:53 PM
You see no taffy monsters.

Rizban
2011-07-16, 02:53 PM
"Well, Shadow, you're welcome to stay and share in those coins.

As for the tapestry, I only claimed it because my walls at home are rather bare. If you really want it, you can have it."

He tosses it down on the floor so that it rolls towards the middle of the room, closer to the moron threatening him.

"Now, I'm leaving. If the rest of you want to fight it out, feel free."

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2011-07-16, 03:07 PM
"Oh hey, watch out for the acid creature in the center of the room...not sure if it's still alive or not." Shadow points towards the center of the room.

Rizban
2011-07-16, 04:00 PM
"Oh hey, watch out for the acid creature in the center of the room...not sure if it's still alive or not." Shadow points towards the center of the room.The human stares at the warforged in total dumbfounded disbelief.

"Shadow! They just showed up and threatened to kill you for your loot. Why are you helping them?!

Unless...

I see.

You've been helping them all along. You're one of them. They sent you on ahead to assess the threat we posed before confronting us.

Fine, traitor, throw your lot in with them then. Mord we're leav... Wait! You're one of them too aren't you? Aren't you?!"

Two additional arms unfold from the human's sides. He exchanges the treasure chest for the long crystal wand and dagger from his two "new" hands to his two "old" hands. One "new" hand holds the chest behind his back.

The crystal wand begins to glow in his hand.

Elrihm
2011-07-16, 04:29 PM
Mord shakes his head and his mouth tightens into a grim slash, "I owe you a debt Rinthac, I wouldn't betray you, though I can't speak for Shadow. If you would still have a bungler like me, I will leave with you, my friend. If not, kill me and be done with it."

Mord drops his staff to the ground, and crosses his arms.

Moranica
2011-07-16, 05:18 PM
"Fair enough, the deal is done. Good luck with the knowledge thing. I'll be sure to look you up, should I ever require information."

"Ogre zombie minion! Let anyone pass, but stand by, kill anyone that tries to attack me."

Alfonso walks over to the tapestry and picks it up.

(in case nothing happens) he then walks over to the gold piles, grabbing as much as he can carry.

planswalker
2011-07-16, 05:22 PM
that's too complicated a command for a mindless undead.

As you bend over to pick up the tapestry, and a cone of acid shoots out from the brazier 10 feet away and strikes you for [roll0]

reflex save half. the tapestry takes the same damage and is destroyed.

object hp is per inch of thickness, and tapestries are thin...

Moranica
2011-07-16, 05:34 PM
Reflex [roll0]

Alfonso Looks up furiously.

"you tricked me!"

"kill him!" As he points at rinthac.

Initiative [roll1]

planswalker
2011-07-16, 05:50 PM
you take the full damage.

and now everyone who participates in the combat now goes back to their individual teamup threads after rolling initiative.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2011-07-16, 05:51 PM
[spoiler] oh crap!

Can we get a map? [spoiler]

planswalker
2011-07-16, 05:53 PM
posting in proxy for Rizban. He left for work and told me what he'd do if combat broke out.

As the command to attack is given, Rinthac's readied action triggers and twin missiles of fire shoot out from his crystalline rod and strike everyone but himself and Mordricari for [roll0] and [roll1] damage each. reflex half.

his initiative: [roll2]

edit: also, everyone total your current hp and note it in your personal thread for my benefit.

Elrihm
2011-07-16, 06:03 PM
"Oh crap!"

Initiative
[roll0]

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2011-07-16, 11:13 PM
Init :7 - accidentially roll in my private thread.

planswalker
2011-07-16, 11:16 PM
mrcarter11 has 12 hours to post his initiative or I'll roll it for him in the morning.

Rizban
2011-07-17, 01:04 AM
"Traitors! Scoundrels! No one betrays me!"

planswalker
2011-07-17, 11:09 AM
mrcarter11's initiative: [roll0]

his reflex saves: [roll1] [roll2]

failing either one will drop him.

Alfonso and Isten are dead or dying. looks like combat ended before it began.

Elrihm
2011-07-17, 04:36 PM
Did shadow get caught up in that hellstorm?

planswalker
2011-07-17, 04:39 PM
Yes he did.

mrcarter11
2011-07-17, 06:45 PM
Dear god, I go to a rock concert and end up dead.. Rizban had an readied action to attack someone that had so far done nothing against him? And while I understand I was gone, but so far I've played nice with everyone I've come in contact with, should Detect Hostile give me something?

planswalker
2011-07-17, 07:10 PM
he was outside the range of your spell.

mrcarter11
2011-07-17, 07:23 PM
Okay so we farther than 30 feet away, I don't recall if they were ever given, but I no wish we had been told the size of the room, or at least the size we could see of it. And my other question still stands, Riz's is that paranoid or that much of a uncaring murderer, that someone who he had never spoken was shot down by one of his spells when that person had never taken a single hostile action against him.

Rizban
2011-07-17, 07:25 PM
We didn't know you were away, or we would have handled things differently.

Okay, here's how we'll handle it this time. We'll say that since all you did was walk into the room and advise against doing anything hostile, that my character didn't attack you... yet.

Also, the room is 45x45, and you were at the door on one wall while I posted that I was hugging the far wall. Detect Hostile Intent has a range of 30ft, meaning that I am outside of its range.The human, winning initiative, blasts again.

I blast Shadow, the fallen guy, the zombie, and the acid taffy monster.

Fire Energy Missile - (4d6+4)[3][4][3][2](16) Ref DC 19
Fire Energy Missile - (4d6+4)[4][2][2][3](15) Ref DC 19Turning to the other human who entered, he says, "You! Are you one of them too? Are you?!"

His eyes seem filled with equal parts of hatred and fear.

mrcarter11
2011-07-17, 07:42 PM
Isten looks to the body of a man he had encountered in this ruins and then speaks to the man who killed him.

"I am not one who wishes you any harm. The man you killed was someone that I encountered down here, and we had hoping to have safety in numbers. The same as to Shadow, I had made myself an ally to him when I first met him.

Elrihm
2011-07-17, 07:44 PM
"So he had betrayed us. The bastard."

mrcarter11
2011-07-17, 07:46 PM
"Who betrayed who?

Rizban
2011-07-17, 07:46 PM
"Alright, I get it. I understand you. You were duped just as much as we were."

Elrihm
2011-07-17, 07:49 PM
"What should we do about those?", Mord points at the smoking bodies, holding a hand over his nose to ward off the smell. "I'm hesitant to disrespect the dead, but I feel it is unavoidable."

mrcarter11
2011-07-17, 07:50 PM
"And speaking of duping, while I'm not sure of it, I think that he may have killed the farmers of this land. And if it wouldn't be to much trouble, would you mind my leaving with you?

Rizban
2011-07-17, 07:55 PM
"Nope, I got here before Shadow did, and they were gone before I got here.

I think we should take anything of value from them. It's what they'd want."

mrcarter11
2011-07-17, 08:00 PM
Isten makes an attempt of a smile.
"If the roles were reversed, I'm sure it's what they want to do to us, I'm not as sure they like us to do it to them though. So are searching their bodies then? Or letting them rot?

Elrihm
2011-07-17, 08:06 PM
"Let's at least see what they have. Oh, by the way, don't touch these coins stacked around the room. Just a friendly suggestion."

Mord casts detect magic and begins removing anything that has a magical aura, and laying it on the ground.

"Ugh, these wings, I really have to learn to be more careful with my spells."

Rizban
2011-07-17, 08:09 PM
He goes over to search them, hugging the wall to avoid the center of the room.From Alfonso:
Magic Cloak
Mithril breastplate
Disguise kit
Longbow
100 arrows
Magic Ring
25gp

From Shadow:
Magic Gloves
Magic Bracelet
Magic Ring
Magic Cloak
2 Short swords
Short bow
Magic Backpack
Repair Kit
3 potions
1 sun rod which looks identical to the ones you picked up on the way here
rope
79gp

mrcarter11
2011-07-17, 08:10 PM
Isten smiles at the friendly advise.
"Thanks for the advise. I'm go heal up some and perhaps we can find some gold on them as well.

Heading out for the night. I'll be back later. I do cast Vigor for now, and I spend 4 points on it, for a total of 20 HP. Riz got it handled it seems. Cut Me into the treasure as best you can.. I might be able to get on some in about 45 minutes, but I'm not certain.

Elrihm
2011-07-17, 08:11 PM
"Well, guys how do we want to divy this up? I know that cloak can turn you invisible, I saw him do so, but I'm not sure about the others."

Mord in turn picks up an item, wears it, and tries to figure out what it does. When he has gained all the knowledge a wizard manipulating a magical item can, he puts it back on the floor.

Rizban
2011-07-17, 10:29 PM
"Well, for 50 gold per item, I can identify them..."

Elrihm
2011-07-17, 10:45 PM
"Hmm, let me try one more thing before that."

DM only
In the entry of spellcraft, it says that you can identify a spell that is already in place and in effect, but you must be able to see or detect the magic. Well, I'm casting detect magic, so I'm going to try to use spellcraft to identify the spell that each aura is putting out.

Spell Craft

Alfonso
Magic Cloak
[roll0]
Magic Ring
[roll1]

Shadow
Magic Gloves
[roll2]
Magic Bracelet
[roll3]
Magic Ring
[roll4]
Magic Cloak
[roll5]
Magic Backpack
[roll6]
sun rod
[roll7]

and just in case one of the weapons is magical
[roll8]

EDIT:
so many bad rolls. :smallannoyed:

There is an earlier entry for detect magic, but I read that to be inclusive not exclusive.

Rizban
2011-07-17, 10:55 PM
You must be able to see or detect the effects of the spell.As far as I can tell, without activating the items, you can't see or detect their effects. I could, of course, start hitting you with the weapon until you figure out what they are. :smalltongue:

Elrihm
2011-07-17, 10:58 PM
Mord frowns, and shrugs, not really sure how to identify these himself without seeing them in action.

"I wouldn't mind paying to see what the magical rings do. Just take my cut from that chest of coins. Why don't we go ahead and divy up everything before we go on?"

Ok, that sounds reasonable. I want to know about those rings in detail so I'll pay, but how about the school of magic those other auras are. There is a specific entry for that in spellcraft.

planswalker
2011-07-17, 11:29 PM
you know the auras for everything but the sunrod and the gloves. They are many and varied, ones I don't know offhand and am too lazy to look up, but I don't see how knowing if it's enchantment, transmutation, etc is enough to allow you to figure out what they do.

if you absolutely insist on knowing the exact auras, I'll have to look it up for each one.

Elrihm
2011-07-17, 11:48 PM
No, I don't really want to be a hassle if you think it won't help.

mrcarter11
2011-07-18, 12:39 AM
DM ONLY
Question about the items. Since Detect Psionics includes magic, would that qualify for the effects of Spellcraft, where it says I can discover what magic is in play if I can see it or detect it?

planswalker
2011-07-18, 06:45 AM
detect psionics opens the door to making a spellcraft check to identify magic auras and a psicraft check to identifying psionic equivalents.

Rizban
2011-07-18, 09:40 AM
Material component for identify is 100gp. I'll do it for 50gp per item... If you both split that cost, it's basically only 25gp per item for each of you...

With the 300 coins of loot from the back room, I can identify 6 items before it actually costs us anything but those coins...

Elrihm
2011-07-18, 09:43 AM
If we're all willing to chip in our share of the loot, that's fine. I was only going to speak for my share though. I don't have a whole lot of cash on me, so yeah...

Rizban
2011-07-18, 09:44 AM
Well, if you're both willing to chip in, then I'll indentify any other remaining items without the cost...

mrcarter11
2011-07-18, 12:21 PM
Works for Me.. I'm just hoping we can all split the loot when the time comes.

Rizban
2011-07-18, 03:28 PM
Well, with the gold from the two we killed, that gets enough for 8 items. I'll cover anything else leftover.

"Let's see here... We've got..."

He rattles off a list of the items.

From Alfonso:
Cloak of charisma +2
Mithril breastplate +1
Longbow +1
Novice Ring of the Diamond Mind [Mind over Body]

From Shadow:
Gloves of Dex +2
Anklet of translocation
Ring of Featherfall
Vanishing cloak
Handy Haversack
Potion of Light Repair 2x

Elrihm
2011-07-18, 03:48 PM
"Huh, well that's neat. I'd really rather like that ring of Diamond Mind, but other than that, I don't particularly care about the rest of that gear. Thank you for identifying them though, I know how much cost that can add up to."

mrcarter11
2011-07-18, 04:53 PM
Isten nods his head and listens as Rinthac rattles off what each item is.
"Well, the gloves and anklets would be the best for me, but I wouldn't turn down the haversack or the Vanishing Cloak.

Elrihm
2011-07-18, 05:10 PM
"Anything you particularly want Rinthac?"

Rizban
2011-07-18, 07:44 PM
"No, I'm already wearing better gear. I'll just cash in on whatever.

And would you stop calling me that? Please?! It's Hagan. Sorry I didn't trust you at first, but it's just getting profoundly annoying to be called by the wrong name for so long."

Elrihm
2011-07-18, 07:57 PM
"Sorry about that. Ok, how does this sound. Since Hagan did the work, I'll take the ring and maybe the cloak, our new friend here will take his anklet, and the glove, and you take the rest to sell. I don't particularly NEED the cloak, but it would be nice. If that is good with everyone, I'd really like to get out of these dungeons."

mrcarter11
2011-07-18, 10:33 PM
"Yes I'd be okay with that. Although if it isn't to much trouble perhaps I could have the other ring. Never know when something like that will come in handy.

Rizban
2011-07-18, 10:52 PM
Hagan gives the ring and cloak to Mord and the other ring, gloves, and anklet to Isten. The rest he shoves into his bag of holding.

"Right, let's get out of here. Hmm... you two go ahead. I want to check one last thing with that acid monster and don't want either of you to get targeted if it's still alive and I make it mad."

Elrihm
2011-07-18, 10:55 PM
Mord looks around for an exit, and heads up the way a little, keeping an eye out to see what Hagan was up to, but staying well out of the way.

planswalker
2011-07-19, 12:15 AM
the way out leads back to the antechamber where Shadow blasted the door open.

Rizban
2011-07-19, 12:16 AM
The last thing Mord sees as he leaves the room is Hagan inching closer to the center of the room, wand at the ready, looking for the acid taffy monster.

A few moments later, Hagan runs out into the hallway.

"Yep, it's still alive. We should move."

Elrihm
2011-07-19, 12:22 AM
Mord allows the two to leave before him, taking up the rear.

planswalker
2011-07-19, 12:24 AM
Re-entering the Drowned Passage, the three of you notice that the far end seems to have suffered a cave-in. The path is blocked by a collapsed tunnel.

Perhaps that boom and roar in the background earlier was a bad sign...

Rizban
2011-07-19, 12:24 AM
On the way out, Hagan points out the traps to make sure that no one trips them.

Elrihm
2011-07-19, 12:33 AM
"Dammit, will this day never cease. I wonder how far back it goes..."

mrcarter11
2011-07-19, 12:22 PM
Isten seems quite discouraged by this, but nevertheless tries to remain positive.
"Do any of you have a spell to shape the earth and perhaps move this rock? I'm not sure how hard it would be to escape from this place.

How buried are we? Like is the tunnel totally blocked out? Or can we still sorta see the way out? Also could a good Str check move the rocks?

Elrihm
2011-07-19, 12:46 PM
"Unfortunately not something of this level. It would take a higher level magic than what I could perform. I guess we get to move this by hand."

Mord rolls up his sleeves, lays his staff down, and begins shifting rocks out of the way.

DM only

Able to move 200 pounds off the ground, and able to drag 500.

Rizban
2011-07-19, 02:05 PM
"Wait! Don't start moving stuff at random. You might make it worse. Give me a minute..."

[roll0]

planswalker
2011-07-19, 02:12 PM
How buried are we? Like is the tunnel totally blocked out? Or can we still sorta see the way out? Also could a good Str check move the rocks?

The tunnel seems completely collapsed, and it's fallen in farther back than you can see from the surface.

"Wait! Don't start moving stuff at random. You might make it worse. Give me a minute..."

[roll0]

Hagan can tell where the load-bearing stress points in the rock are and can safely supervise their removal to ensure things aren't made worse.

mrcarter11
2011-07-19, 02:21 PM
Isten looks to Hagan before speaking.
"Are you sure you can lead this operation? I may not be the strongest man, but I can give you quite an able lifter if you think it'll help, so would you like him?"

Elrihm
2011-07-19, 02:23 PM
Mord backs away, and after Hagan finishes examining the structure, goes back to work with his supervision.

mrcarter11
2011-07-19, 02:33 PM
If Hagan answers that he does in fact want the help, and does know what he is doing, Isten will summon a construct for 7 points. Now if Muscles can be stacked, then it takes Muscles twice, if not it takes it once and takes Improved Buff. If it takes it twice, it has a Str of 33 which means if can lift 4800 lbs, or push 12,000 lbs. If it can only be taken once, it has a Str of 29 which means it can still lift 2800 lbs, or push 7000 lbs. Isten also orders it to listen to Hagan and do what he asks of it.

I'm doing this since I'll likely be away most of the day, and would like to help best I can.

planswalker
2011-07-19, 02:39 PM
you cannot take the same menu option twice.

Rizban
2011-07-19, 02:40 PM
Hagan indeed says he knows what he's doing and would like the help. He directs the construct where to dig and what to do.

planswalker
2011-07-19, 02:45 PM
Using the construct to best advantage for the rounds it's there, it removes the largest obstructions. With the three of you working alongside under Hagan's directives to ensure that you only remove stable ones and ones that lead to progress, you clear the first 10 feet before the construct is unsummoned. You're now halfway up the stairs and the dynamic of the rubble changes. A new knowledge check is in order.

mrcarter11
2011-07-19, 02:49 PM
Whew, still online.. And plans, I have Boost Construct, which means I can in fact pick twice from the same menu. And since my construct unsummoned, Isten will again ask Hagan if we still thinks, he knows what he is doing and if the answer is a yes, then another construct is summoned, following the same guidelines as above.

planswalker
2011-07-19, 02:53 PM
picking twice from the same menu doesn't mean you can pick the same item twice.

mrcarter11
2011-07-19, 02:58 PM
Ah, well that was what I was unsure about. I think I mentioned it in my first spoiler that I wasn't sure if I could do it or not.

Rizban
2011-07-19, 03:01 PM
Hagan examines the rubble some more.

[roll0]

planswalker
2011-07-19, 03:04 PM
He's reasonably sure of his knowledge this time too. However, the three of you and the new construct must work slower and more carefullly or risk a collapse.

I present the three of you with a choice:

30% chance of triggering another collapse if you continue at the same pace but you'll be through it if you succeed, or you can make half progress without chance of collapse.

Rizban
2011-07-19, 03:06 PM
Will it make a difference if Hagan supplements the digging with some focused sonic blasts to clear rubble?

planswalker
2011-07-19, 03:11 PM
reduce the failure chance for a rushed job to 10%

Elrihm
2011-07-19, 03:17 PM
You're calling the shots here Rizban, it's your call.

Rizban
2011-07-19, 03:19 PM
He supplements the digging with some precision sonic damage.

Don't know how many I need...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]

planswalker
2011-07-19, 03:23 PM
With three blasts to speed things up, the three of you manage to clear away the rubble and arrive at the upper level of the deathtrap. The path in the next corridor is clear... of rubble at least. The traps are still there.

Rizban
2011-07-19, 03:23 PM
Hagan again takes point, showing them where to walk to avoid the traps.

Elrihm
2011-07-19, 03:27 PM
Mord follows in the rear as usual, avoiding what traps are known.

planswalker
2011-07-19, 03:30 PM
Between Hagan, Mord, and Isten, the three of them have encountered every trap and find nothing more to try and kill them. They might take note that the powder and liquid trap of chemical doom was located where the cave-in was.

The three of you reach the entrance to the cave.

Elrihm
2011-07-19, 03:34 PM
"Man, what a day. Are we done here guys? I'd really like to go home and rest."

Mord looks up at the sky, to determine the time.

mrcarter11
2011-07-19, 03:39 PM
Isten is quite pleased to have made it all the way back out. While he may have seen death while he was down there, he himself had lived for another day at least. Seeing that his two new companions might take leave soon, he felt it best to speak now.

"This may be a bit forward, and no hard feelings if neither of you can help, but I'm new to the city, just got in today honestly. And I really don't have anywhere to go, or anyplace to be. So I wondering if perhaps one of you could make use of an ally, a friend of sorts. I can come in handy more often than not.

planswalker
2011-07-19, 03:43 PM
As you stare up at the sky and determine that all of ten minutes has passed, you all reflect on the experiences you have just gone through.

Isten and Mord gain 2800 xp, as well as another 1000 story xp for completing the quest.

Hagan gains 2100 and 750

Elrihm
2011-07-19, 03:45 PM
"Sure, I wouldn't mind working with someone on occasion. Right now, I need to wrap up some business, and some of my business I will need to do by myself, but adventuring in a ruin would be much safer in a group. If you want to travel with me, I'm going to go find a hostel and stay there, until I can make enough money to buy some property. You are welcome to join me. Hagan, how about you?"

EDIT

WHOOOO!!! EXP!!

Rizban
2011-07-19, 03:51 PM
"Well, I've got an apartment in the headquarters of my guild where I sleep. We're not really allowed to have visitors. And the only other place I have is currently occupied...

I hear the Sad Flint there in the Plaza has reasonable rates for the accommodations you receive, and it's just a few buildings down from my shop. I can easily show you the way."I just realized that there were four brand new PCs on this quest. Two leveled up and two died...

Elrihm
2011-07-19, 04:03 PM
"The Sad Flint might be a little pricy for me personally. I'm hoping to find some longterm housing while I do jobs around the city. Your shop is right next to there though? That means you're a merchant, right? I'll have to drop by sometime. If we're all going back to the city, I don't see why we shouldn't travel together. Once we're there, I'm going to find something on my economic level, and as I said, Isten, you are welcome to join me."

Elrihm
2011-07-19, 04:36 PM
While they talk, Mord begins moving out, going back to the city.

No sense in standing around while we talk.

mrcarter11
2011-07-19, 05:05 PM
Isten seems cheerful about the situation. And indeed happy with the outcome.
"Well Mord, if you don't think it'd be to odd, perhaps we could find some living accommodations together. I'm sure a town like this must have some jobs that we could obtain to help our money situation.

Elrihm
2011-07-19, 05:09 PM
"I think we'll find something."

When they re-enter the city, Mord says goodbye to Hagan after a quick handshake, and goes looking for a hostel that Isten and he might be able to stay at for a while.

Gather Information
[roll0]

Ugh, charisma.

mrcarter11
2011-07-19, 05:11 PM
"Yes I am as well. Perhaps we can ask around some.

Gather Info
[roll0]

planswalker
2011-07-19, 05:13 PM
moving Mord and Isten to a new teamup thread that two other pc's weren't linked to. Sending the link to Riz as well so that he can join you there when PLOT finds it useful.