PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Witch optimization and fluff [3.p]

MrOmNomNom
2011-07-14, 01:21 PM
The thread about the Frost Mage got me thinking about making a similar character a pathfinder campaign. According to the pathfinder srd, the Witch gets a good number of ice spells. Does the playground think an Ice Witch could be a viable character in a mid level optimisation campaign? What are some other interesting fluff options beyond the Ice Witch and the default witch fluff?

Edit: Ok, I changed my mind, does anyone have any ideas on how to optimise a desert witch? Perhaps energy substitution for the spells? What about familiars? Scorpion, Viper, and Compsognathus all seem good. Who has the best poison ability? (assume the scorpion gets changed to +4 initiative)

Here is what I have so far:
Elf Witch 20 25pt build

Str: 8
Dex: 14
Con: 13
Int: 20
Wis: 10
Cha: 11

Hexes will be Cackle and Misfortune (extra hex feat) for the early levels. With sleep shortly after. Eschewed materiel show casting looks like a good thing to do, as well as piercing cold.

Books available are the Pathfinder SRD and feats from the setting books (Frostburn, Cityscape, etc) If you have a better suggestion for a build or character comment, let me know. Other ideas that I am looking at include a desert themed Witch, and a trickery focused Witch.

Retech
2011-07-14, 01:34 PM
I think they're coming out with a splatbook soon for the "Winter Witch" archetype.

IthroZada
2011-07-14, 01:39 PM
I think they're coming out with a splatbook soon for the "Winter Witch" archetype.

More than a dozen new archetypes for all sorts of spellcasters, including the black-blooded oracle, the Razmiran priest, the shadowcaster wizard, the tattooed sorcerer, and the winter witch

http://paizo.com/store/games/roleplayingGames/p/pathfinderRPG/paizo/pathfinderChronicles/v5748btpy8j30&source=search

Granted, this doesn't help the OP right now, but depending on when the build actually needs to be finished, it might be worth waiting.

MrOmNomNom
2011-07-14, 01:42 PM
We probably will not start until sometime next month. That book probably covers all that I need to know about making a winter witch. Hmm... has anyone tried any other interesting witch builds?

Edit: Specificity focusing of a patron. Deception, Plague, and Occult look nice...
Edit2: Changed the original post, I defiantly like the idea of a desert themed witch better.