PDA

View Full Version : GitP NPC Contest I: Inspiration is Everywhere!

Agrippa
2011-07-14, 07:37 PM
Inspiration is Everywhere!

---

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Inspiration is Everywhere! (Giant in the Playground NPC Contest I)

The contest begins with the posting of this thread and will run through midnight of August 21st.

Soon after a poll will be opened for everyone to vote for their favorite that will last until midnight of September 11th.

Rules

1) You will be creating an NPC statblock inspired from some outside source of 6th to 12th ECL using Pathfinder feat progression* and this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174523) homebrewed multiclassing system. (Yes I know it's my own just don't have a fit over it.) Both it and the NPC's inspiration must be safe for work. This could be so much as an interpretation of a character or even a new character loosely based off of it. Any WotC product or Paizo product is allowed for this; as are most homebrew works. If you make it Pathfinder, just make sure you mention in the class that its a PF product. A picture of your NPC's inspiration would be welcome too. Also dual progression PrC's are strictly prohibited.

2) Entries must include name, skills, class features, feats, equipment, and fluff, combat related and role playing related. Incomplete entries at the deadline will be disqualified.

3) Entries must be 3.5 or Pathfinder RPG, using the standard format below.

4) Post all entries in this thread. Post all conversation, questions, etc here in the chat (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207460) thread.

5) Maximum of two entries per participant.

6) Entries must be your own work, and must not be copied for other places. Only new work may submitted; no previously posted work will be accepted. Such entries will be disqualified.

7) No reserving posts. Feel free to tweak your NPC, but the initial post must include the basics.

*In otherwords one feat every two levels instead of every three levels.

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Name
alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
Init +0, Senses: Listen +, Spot +,
Languages
------------------------------------------------
AC , touch , flat-footed ()
hp ( HD)
Fort +, Ref +, Will +
------------------------------------------------
Speed ft. ( squares)
Melee
Base Atk +, Grp +
Atk Options
Combat Gear
Spells Prepared
Supernatural Abilities
-----------------------------------------------
Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
SQ
Feats
Skills
Possessions

Togath
2011-07-14, 11:33 PM
Do we need to state the NPC's current xp?, Even with your multi classing system, while creating a NPC from scratch, we can just give them more xp to counter any multi classing loss, stating a system for it seems kind of odd, I understand using one for PCs but without any set limit for an NPC I see no reason not to build them as standard 3.5 or pathfinder NPCs.....Unless there’s something I’m missing about the multi classing system you posted that would affect them?, Nevermind I can now see how your system would affect them now., I still dont quite see how a level 16 character(like the sample NPC in the multi classing thread) with +3 base attack bonus is supposed to hit an enemy though.

Togath
2011-07-14, 11:59 PM
Not trying to sound critical, the sample npc shown just doesn't seem very powerful compaired to a level 16 wizard, archivest, or warblade.

Agrippa
2011-07-15, 02:11 AM
Not trying to sound critical, the sample npc shown just doesn't seem very powerful compaired to a level 16 wizard, archivest, or warblade.

She's not 16th ECL under this system, she's 7th ECL. Look closely at the paragraph directly above the section on B.A.B., saves, hit dice and redundant class features.