PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Best Level 1 Adventure?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-15, 11:21 AM
My friend came back from a vacation yesterday, and I'm going to welcome him back by running him, and a few other friends, through an epic Pathfinder campaign. I want to start at 1st level, and I have most of the published Pathfinder modules. Which is the best?

subject42
2011-07-15, 11:55 AM
I don't know if it's been fully converted to Pathfinder, but Rise of the Runelords is set in Golarion, is written by Paizo, and does a great job of taking characters from 1st level all the way up into the teens.

(Just watch out for the Quasit)

Golkiwu
2011-07-15, 11:58 AM
I agree.

I am running my group through RotRL as well and it is fun, but needs a little tweaking to PF rules.

and do watch out for the Quasit!

subject42
2011-07-15, 12:01 PM
Apparently somebody on the PFSRD site has already done the legwork for converting the NPC statblocks. You would just need to look them up beforehand or as you go.

I hate this Quasit. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monstrous-npcs/cr-5/erylium)

Lastgrasp
2011-07-15, 01:15 PM
Carrion Crown: Haunting of Harrowstone is quite good. Nice story and a cool gothic feel to it.

Alchemistmerlin
2011-07-15, 01:30 PM
My group's first Pathfinder adventure was the Godsmouth Heresy (http://paizo.com/store/games/roleplayingGames/p/pathfinderRPG/paizo/pathfinderModules/v5748btpy8hil).

I ran it with 2 separate groups. It was very fun, but it is important to note as a DM that it is rather deadly.

Godsmouth Heresy Spoilers
The first creature (in the stairwell) nearly one-shot Party A's Alchemist, and the roach swarm almost took out the entirety of Party A. Party B did a fighting retreat sort of thing from the roaches that worked quite a bit better than "Stand there and scream".

Ditto
2011-07-15, 01:32 PM
I was going to say, 'Hey, this sounds a lot like when I played this module!' and then I realized you were my DM. :smallamused:

For the record, Party A was not almost-killed by that monster. We just freaked out because we didn't have an efficient way to handle it, and caused as much damage to ourselves as to it. :smallbiggrin: