PDA

View Full Version : Knights of the Last Wall IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

stack
2011-07-15, 11:57 AM
You set out from Vigil at first light. Yesterday you swore your oaths to Watcher-Lord Ulthun II. The subsequent celebrations wear heavily on some of you at this hour.

The morning is clear and cold. The fields are green, but you can see them starting to turn, a sure sign that the harvest is near. The farms are interrupted by stands of trees, refugees from the great woods not far to the South.

You are bound for Forest Gate, southern-most entrance into this goodly land from the savage and lawless Hold of Belkzen. You are to receive orders from the gate-fort's commander, a man named Sir Derrick, by all accounts capable, but as hard as stone.

Your little troupe consists of:
{table] Omeganaut | Kyras Proculus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=311560) | Sorcerer | Half-elf|25/25
Bhaakon | Carmine the Caustic (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=20322) | Bard (Arcane Duelist) | Human|27/27
Kensen | István (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=312007) | Cavalier | Human|39/39
Souhiro | Nervus (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=20512) | monk | human |39/39
ClothedinVelvet|Engelier (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=367914)|paladin|human|32/32 -3 WIS[/table]

Initiative: Kyras: 1d20+1
Carmine 1d20+2
Istavan 1d20+4
Nervus 1d20+8
Engelier 1d20+0

Sense motive:Kyras: 1d20+0
Carmine 1d20+6
Istavan 1d20+7
Nervus 1d20+3
Engelier 1d20+4

Perception: Kyras: 1d20+2
Carmine 1d20+2
Istavan 1d20+4
Nervus 1d20+8
Engelier 1d20+0

Loot:wand - lesser restoration 8/50
1 scroll bless
3 scroll unidentified1st DC 16sanctify corpse (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/sanctify-corpse)
3rd DC 18 esist energy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/resist-energy)
4th DC 20magic circle against evil (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/magic-circle-against-evil)
Introduce yourselves and banter, you'll arrive at the fort this Sunday evening.

Meriss
2011-07-15, 03:31 PM
Thufir moans mightly.

"Och, I swear, that's the last time I drink that much sacramental wine again. Stop walkin' so fast ye bloody great beast."

He pats the horse gently and belches.

"To those o' you I didn't get the priviledge o' meetin' last night. Thufir Strongheart is me name. Cleric o' Abadar, historian an'..." He belches again. "Prolly the only son of the caverns who cannae hold his liquor. Och' me head."

Omeganaut
2011-07-15, 04:02 PM
Kyras smiles at the vegetation and the beautiful landscape. His cheerful manner an apparent immunity to the wine he drank last night hasn't exactly endeared him to everyone else, but his charming manner quickly makes you able to overlook that. "Is anyone else as excited about defending this noble country against the evil that would seek to destroy it? Anyone?"

Bhaakon
2011-07-15, 05:54 PM
"The trick to keeping a clear head in the morning, my compact companion, is to ease back into sobriety." Carmine tilts his head back to drain the last few drops from a wine bottle he secreted away during the celebration, then tosses it into a passing field with a wistful sigh. "It's not the binge that kills you, but the sudden stop at the end."

"Now let us just hope that the forces of evil have the decency not to challenge us to a drinking contest before we recover."

Souhiro
2011-07-15, 06:06 PM
Nervus is training, he has taken off the shirt and is doing situps. The night before, he didn't drink any wine.... srange thing among soldiers, who never refuse a good drink!

995... 996... 997... 9... 9... Argh!

He didn't manage to reach the thousand. The Big Bosses of his old brigade were able to do over nine thousands without sweating at all, but he was still an apprentice when the brotherhood was disbanded, and still had too much to learn.

Panting, he goes for a jar of water to refresh.

Oh, you're ... pant... you're here... too! - drinks a little water - Ahhh!! Well, I'm Nervus, ex-mercenary, at your service. So, your'e Kyras and...Thufir you said?

- Well, If anyone, evil or just dumb, tries to attack this country, it's our duty to protect it!
[/color]

Qualia
2011-07-15, 06:44 PM
"Gorum's teeth, my head feels like Torag is using it for an anvil." The cleric pulled his long black hair out of his face and struggled to keep his breakfast down. "For the love of iron, will someone give me some water." He squints into the cold morning sunlight, but despite his condition, he seems at home in the saddle, although somewhat dwarfed by the giant greatsword that hangs by his side. "I swear Kyras, what manner of sorcery is it that renders you fit and well this morning. Tis unnatural is what it is."

Souhiro
2011-07-15, 07:46 PM
- hehe... it has to be sorcery indeed! But alas, I only know of spells that wizards can shoot fireballs or enlarge warriors, and clerics can heal the wounded!

Well, it's only matter of time that Carmine and István wakes up, and we could continue to the Forest Gate... Do anybody knows something about this... Sir Derric?

Bhaakon
2011-07-15, 08:11 PM
"Obviously the monk has never imbibed, for the residuals on Sven's breath have stupefied him." Carmine's chuckle breaks into strangled cackle, as he tries and fails to hide the extent of his intoxication. "Surely you heard me talking during your regimen."

Omeganaut
2011-07-15, 08:34 PM
Kyras chuckles at the comments about his wizardry. "Well, I've always found that as long as I stick to wine, and drink a glass of something non-alcoholic for every glass of wine, I have no troubles. Besides, merriment can certainly occur without over-imbibing. Plus nature has always been good to me. As for the forest gate, for some reason I cannot remember the place, although the name sounds promising." Kyras finishes, smiling at his comrades.

Souhiro
2011-07-15, 09:54 PM
Nervus replies a bit indignated "Monk? who is a monk here? I don't see one"

He don't look like a monk, he's more a military brat. Altough his class is monk, he was raised and trained military.

Then, he relaxes a bit "Well, I cannot drink, I have not a god watching by back like you have, Sven; nor I have your powers, Kyras; so I only can rely on my two arms... and on this little stick!! (He gets his spear, and put it horizontally over his shoulders, smiling)

"Hey Guys, what do you think we will find in there? It's said that we're going to the frontier to a lawless land. I'm sure in a few months we could make a collar full of Orc tooth!"

Bhaakon
2011-07-15, 11:40 PM
"On that we can agree, and the one with the fewest kills will have to wear it! Heh, try getting lucky in an orc-tooth necklace; halitosis on a string."

Qualia
2011-07-16, 07:38 AM
"Tis not the orc breath that kept the ladies from your bed Carmine" Sven chuckles with a glint in his eye, " and Sven has been blessed by the gods." he shouts, grabbing his crotch. "How do you think I earned my name. Still, I am game - an Orc's tooth necklace for the man with the least kills, just don't hold back because you need an excuse." He laughs heartily at his own joke

Souhiro
2011-07-16, 07:55 AM
Nervus laughs too "Yeah, he have a deal! The one who deals less killing shall bring the more stinking!"

"By the way... when do you think we'll be paid? This spear is just a cheap piece, and I cannot avoid to stare to the red -the masterwork- spear that I saw the day before yesterday in the town armory!"

Omeganaut
2011-07-16, 08:10 AM
Kyras looks at the strange, work-out focused soldier next to him, finding his worries about gold to be at odds with his inner peace. Then he appeals to the group "Why would we need such a gristly trophy. Our deeds should be important enough to merit recognition. Besides, why not just leave the teeth inside the carcass and burn the rotten thing?"

Kensen
2011-07-16, 08:24 AM
István packs his things in the saddlebag and throws his large round shield over his back. He bids his comrades good morning and starts eating strips of dried meat for breakfast. If the young knight is hung over, it certainly doesn't show. Though he is aware of the dangerous nature of the missions that await him in the savage, orc-infested region, he carries an air of confidence and serenity about him.

He bows slightly. I am István of House Blacklance. It is an honor to work with you.

He looks around, admiring the scenery. How long do you reckon it'll take us to get to Forest Gate? I'm afraid I don't know this region very well. Do we have maps of the area I might study before we start our journey?

Souhiro
2011-07-16, 09:40 AM
"Well Kyras, perhaps I was fooled, a bard told me that orcs use tooth as their currency! They said that bigger fangs are the most valued currency, goblins fangs don't are worth too much, and they don't care for human, elf or dwarven tooth at all."

"But hey, we still have to kill them. It's just a simple matter: They or us. When I started my training, I asked myself if it could be diferent, if we could avoid all the killing... the answer is that while we make that kind of questions, they only draw their swords and keep killing"

"Our civilization, everything that we've build and shall build, needs people like us, people that can take apart the wish, the need for peace, and taje the way of the weapons; that pay the price on blood, our blood, or their blood"

"Well, that was too... deep, even for me! If we're going to spend the next months, whe should better know each other, aren't we?

(Sorry guys, wrong color!)

Meriss
2011-07-16, 10:19 AM
Thufir shakes his head and immediately regrets it. "I think the gate guard said we'd see the fort afore midday. Which suits me, the more shade the better."

He moans softly and takes his water skin from its place on the saddlebow. He drinks deeply before tossing it lightly to his fellow cleric. "To yer health Sven. And none need fear recognition or lack of glory. I'll be keeping records o' our mission.." he belches again. "Though perhaps not o' last night."

Souhiro
2011-07-16, 05:05 PM
"Hahaha... Well, that's a good habit, Thulfir" says Nervus

"Did you keep tracks of your past adventures too? I want to know if you... or any of you, have heard anytime about a man who called himself 'The Chief Raven'?"

Omeganaut
2011-07-16, 08:37 PM
Kyras was about to say something when Nervus spoke first. Waiting for him to finish, he is annoyed when he finishes with a direct question. Not to be rude he waits for an answer. All this just to tell the dwarf thanks for keeping track of our travels. And that mercenary was beginning to worry him. Why the speech on killing in response to not wanting messy trophies? Maybe its best to avoid him. he thinks.

Meriss
2011-07-17, 11:28 AM
Thufir tries to think of a proper response. Chief Raven???

"I do have some histories of me own, but mostly just my journals from the temple. I dinnae think you'd be interested in those. I do have some brave tales of me people if you're interested lad. I cannae say I know any Chief Raven, but my knowledge o' human lands is incomplete."

Souhiro
2011-07-17, 03:41 PM
Nervus feels a bit uneasy and nostalgic "Chief Raven was the man who adopted us all, the few children who managed to survive when my town was attacked. But he was killed almost a year ago, the 11 of Arodus. I would glad to know more about that man, who was almost a father"

Then he changes his face and smiles again "But if you can tales about brave people and heroic deeds I would be glad to hear them!"

stack
2011-07-17, 05:01 PM
The sun is high on a clear blue day when you reach the fortress that guards one of the southern-most gates restraining the wild hordes of Belkzen. It consists of a wooden palisade abutting the gatehouse that pierces the stone wall, just enough of a defense to slow any flanking attack.The wall itself is tall and gray, yet gives a feeling of security mixed with perpetual duty.

As you reach the entrance, you are challenged and show the guards your orders. The greet you kindly and point you toward the commander's quarters.

As you approach you see a man, bent and weathered, with leathery skin and black eye-patch on the left, watches you stiffly as you approach. His armor is dull and battered, unlike the boar spear in his hand and very expensive and complex crossbow slung on back. Short cropped iron-gray hair is conspicuous mostly for its absence.

He motions for you to draw up in front of him. "Stand at attention!"

"I know you are the the new recruits. No need to show the orders." He scowls as he gives each of you a long, probing look.
"Need trained knights and tried scouts and they send half-trained children."

He relaxes slightly, "If you already know, I'm telling you anyway. Some demon buggering Chelaxian diplomat is coming up. Before you ask, some political mess means he won't come through Nirmathas. Instead hes cutting through the Southern edge of the Hold."

He gives a scowl that would curdle fresh milk. "And my detachment has to play wet nurse!"

He pauses, seems to glare through the wall as is he could sink all Cheliax with a gaze.

"So you have to take the normal patrol. Or you would, if the scheduled patrol was normal. Strange tidings are coming from the hold. You lot are to sweep out as far as the old Hordewall. Keeps your eyes open and report back. three days out, six north, five back."

He sighs, giving a look that resembled fatherly concern (if you tilt your head and squint), "Do NOT go starting any fights. You are there to tell us if any raids are coming our way, not to fight off all the tribes single-handedly."

"You," indicating Kyras, "will be in nominal command of this detachment. Don't think its because you earned it, I owe a favor to the lord of a certain village that didn't burn down years ago. That won't stop me from taking it away if you fail. Listen to your men."

Becoming steely again, he starts back to the building, saying as he turns "You leave at first light. See the quartermaster to re-stock your kit. Sergeant will show you your quarters. Have a written report for me in ten days, I'll send for it."

Bhaakon
2011-07-17, 05:33 PM
Carmine waits for the commander to move out of earshot, then turns to his fellow outriders, "Straight into the fire, eh? Excellent. I'll be glad to sleep in a bed tonight, but I have a feeling that the old man's tougher to live with than the Orcs."

stack
2011-07-17, 09:30 PM
A middle-aged man in a white surcoat stands nearby during the briefing. When it finishes, he introduces himself,

"Sergeant Cooper, never mind the commander, he's always like that. Anything you boys need?" He speaks in an easy and friendly manner, but his eyes have a hard edge. He has obviously seen his share of loss.

Bhaakon
2011-07-18, 02:17 AM
"They outfitted us fairly well in Vigil, Sergeant. I can't speak for the others, but I only need some rations to replace what I ate on the ride here, and a place to re-fill my waterskin." Carmine pauses to rub his temples, silently debating whether the pounding in his head or the chaffed thighs from the damnable standard issue saddle was more painful. "Mostly, though, I think we could use directions to the mess and our quarters."

stack
2011-07-18, 07:24 AM
The man nods, "Mess is right there," nodding to a building off to the side, "Quarter's are the long building behind it. For supplies, turn around and look down to find the quartermaster."

You hear yourselves addressed in a small, unexpectedly high voice, "I suppose you lot are the new recruits. Heard you're heading out (not many secrets around here). I'll take care of them, sergeant." You see a hafling in shining new leather armor approaching.

The sergeant nods and waves, "If I don't see you before you go, good luck. Duty and Honor."

The hafling continues, "Sounds like Cooper already gave you a few directions. After you eat I can re-stock your supplies. Quartermaster and cook. Not exactly over staffed here." He shakes his head, a flash of grimness crossing his otherwise affable features.

"Anyway, blacksmith can see to mending your weapons and armor, ask for man name of Fletcher, doesn't have time for special requests. Got a part-time boyer and fletcher as well, ask for Smith."

"Anything above and beyond standard issue I can get. Commander knows that sometimes...special...items are called for. I can buy or barter most anything from a friend in the supply caravan, though it might take a few weeks."

"Any enemy equipment that you 'procure' you can bring to me. Most of it is trash, some can be melted down and re-used. A few rare bits and be cleaned-up, mostly stuff stolen from us in the first place. We need all the help we can get, unless looting the dead is beneath you."

Souhiro
2011-07-18, 12:31 PM
"Sir, thanks for the indications. And if I may ask something more... can you talk us about the sourthern lands, or lend us a map of the zone. I don't know very much about the southern lands, much less beyond the frontier.

If you can tell us about what lurks around, and what are the most inmediate dangers, it could save us an stay in hospital, sir."

PD: I change my colour for a lighter shade of blue. Our eyes will appretiate!

Qualia
2011-07-18, 12:44 PM
Sven shakes his head in disappointment. "Straight into the fire" he spits contemptuously, "Bah! More like glorified scout duty. I'm not shepherd."

His stomach rumbles, and he grabs at it. "What food do you have? I'm famished. I would kill for a nice bit of boar. Name's Sven, Sven Goodblade." He claps the halfling on the shoulder with a friendly hand.

stack
2011-07-18, 04:02 PM
Answering Nervus, "If I understand your assignment, you shouldn't need much for maps. Its abandoned farmland and a few ruined villages as far as the hordewall. Used to be beautiful farmland, I'm told. Only thing out there is orcs and their ilk, scavenging when they aren't fightin'. Trunau still holds out, if you make it that way. Shouldn't be that far North this trip tough, that's for other gates."

Laughing to Sven, "I would like a fine boar me'self. Marinated in ale, roasted in honey, stuffed with apples. Let me know if you find any. We have bread and lentils twice a day, porridge at breakfast. sour cabbage 'll keep your teeth in your head. Meat when we're lucky, fruits in season and on holidays. I'll be gettin' the last meal ready right soon."

Bhaakon
2011-07-18, 05:30 PM
"I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps, if the mission is uneventful, we can scout out a bit of game on the way back."

stack
2011-07-18, 06:19 PM
"If you find any, bring it back. You'll be the toast of the garrison. 'Luck though, orcs ain't left much you'll like to eat."

Omeganaut
2011-07-18, 06:40 PM
Kyras feels at home with the quartermaster's jolly attitude, along with the other happy recruits. "Thank you so much for your assistance. I will be sure to leave my spare weapons for you to look over, although this one here," He pats the polearm attached to his back "is my father's pride and joy, and I know exactly what it needs. Also, is there someone to take care of our horses and check our riding gear? I want to make sure our mounts are in tip-top shape so that if we need their best, we can have it. But I do appreciate everything you are doing for us, and I hope we can repay you with some sort of game," Kyras finishes, giving the halfling's hand a good shake.

Meriss
2011-07-18, 09:24 PM
Thufir smiles at the halfling. He was always happy to see any folk. He waits patiently till the others have finished. "Glad ta meet you friend. never fear we'll keep a sharp eye out for game, and orcs. A question for you? Would there happen to be any records in the hold? I ask so we can plan to avoid any known ambushes or deadfalls the greenskins have cooked up in the last while."

stack
2011-07-18, 09:49 PM
"Stables near the entrance you came through. Should be fodder aplenty. Stable hand 'll get your beasts settled. Fletcher 'll see to any shoein'"

"First few miles should be safe enough. Beyond that couldn't say. No patrol 's been out to the hordewall since the snows first melted, 'sides the relief caravan to Trunau. Sure traders of some sort go in 'n outa Freetown, but them types don't come our way. Talk to anyone with gray hair at mess if you want records though, better 'n any book. Official records mostly get sent out, not safe to house them this close to the border"

"Anyway, I best see to the mess. Hot breakfast will be up before sunrise, iff'n you need it. Duty and Honor." He salutes and heads toward the mess. You see a few others heading in that direction, but the fort seems quiet and largely empty.

Kensen
2011-07-18, 09:54 PM
István does his best to hide his displeasure at not being appointed the leader of the group. He is, after all, the only one in the group who has the training and bearing of a knight. Still, he offers Kyran a nod and speaks: Let me know if you need any assistance with planning. I can decide on a marching order, and arrange guard shifts and posts when resting, if you wish.

He then takes his horse to the stable and gets the re-stocks his supplies with the quartermaster. Later that night, he chats with his comrades, hoping to learn more about them and their abilities, so as to be better able to help Kyran make the men work as a team. He also asks the halfling and sergeant a few things about the orcs: What should we know about the orcs? What sort of equipment do they have? Do they have archers? Horses or other mounts? Do they prefer ambushes or more straightforward tactics? What other perils await us there?

Bhaakon
2011-07-18, 11:42 PM
After seeing his horse to the stables and topping off his supplies, Carmine wanders into the mess. Lentils and bread, then head for bed. He shakes his head, glad that he didn't say that aloud.

Souhiro
2011-07-19, 01:29 PM
Nervus follows the halfling to refill his waterskin and replenish his rations. He will ask him for his name, since he didn't told us, and he won't like calling someone 'Halfling' for too long; perhaps 'Quartermaster' but not 'Halfling'.

When he comes back, hears what the cavalier have just said about orcs and formations. "Good idea, Istvan. " says the young mercenary "To know our enemies... and know our strengths. So, there will be orcs. I've never seen one of them, only heard stories of the veterans.

As for myself. I'm really a rookie. I never have seen real combat, outside practices, but even so, I'm pretty good with the spear, and hand to hand combat. Also was trained with small throwing knifes. (show one) It haven't a great range nor have the force of a longbow, but my seniors told me that en masse, it would be deadly. Also, I have some skill in stealth and nonmagical heal.

Omeganaut
2011-07-19, 09:13 PM
Kyras heads to bed after taking care of his gear and his mount. Tired after all of the riding, and not wanting to be functioning at less than 100% for his fellow recruits, he heads off to the mess for an evening meal. It seems that others have their possible tactics covered, and Kyras really doesn't want to get into a conversation with that talkative guy with the strange weapons. Kyras then goes off to find the beds for him and his men.

stack
2011-07-19, 10:13 PM
A red glow in the East heralds the coming dawn. Your mounts shuffle quietly, well fed and groomed.

Last night you had a meal better than advertised and spoke with much of the garrison. You were told that most orcs use scavenged equipment, having little interest in industry, and usually favor straight forward tactics, to use generous terms. You also hear tales of warlords bringing together large bands and striking with both force and cunning, but none have been seen for a number of years. The separate clans fight each other more than Lastwall. Its a wonder that they find enough food to last, much less be as dangerous as they are.

Sergeant Cooper sees you off, giving you a rough map to mark with any enemy movements, then wishes you well.

Another clear day dawns as you ride over rolling hills. The land is overgrown, not having seen a plow in the 200 years since the Hordewall fell. Stone fences still snake across the landscape, marking fields long forgotten.

Clouds gather toward mid-day as the wind pick-up. As you near yet another broken fence, Nervus notices something, a growl caught in the wind.

stack
2011-07-19, 10:17 PM
Map of location (http://rpgamer.ru/media/map/109/map.png)
You start at L-7, and back, in marching orders (or two-abreast), heading left (West)

Souhiro
2011-07-20, 01:53 AM
Nervus have been visibly excited with his first -real- mission. It's nearly a miracle he have noticed the growl.

He approaches Kyras, and whispers "Did you hear it? Those growls... I think they are wolves.". And discretely, he points where he thinks the noise come from.

Qualia
2011-07-20, 04:16 AM
Sven smiles as nervous points out the growls, finally a chance for glory. "Wait here, I'll go take a look." he says to nervous before dismounting and drawing his blade. He creeps forward, his hands tightly gripping his weapon. As he edges closer, his heartbeat begins to race, and he starts to question the wisdom of his actions as fear starts to grip his heart. He mutters a silent prayer to Gorum, that he would know no fear and be strong in the face of his enemy

Kensen
2011-07-20, 05:05 AM
So much for teamwork, István thinks as the cleric in creaking scalemail sneaks closer to the walls. He levels his lance and prepares himself and his mount to engage any hostiles. He moves into the open ground south of the road (J9) and tries to spot or hear anything suspicious.

Perception, István: [roll0]
Perception, mount: [roll1]

Suggested marching order:

NKT
ICS

In other words, István and Nervus who have the best AC and hp are in the front, the squishier arcanists are in the middle, and the clerics take the rear.

Bhaakon
2011-07-20, 06:00 AM
Carmine chokes back some nervous laughter as he strings has bow and draws an arrow. He whispers to the others remaining behind, "I feel like this is the perfect time to tell you that I don't have much material on wolves. Reams of stuff on orcs, goblins, dwarves, elves, uptight sergeants, blue dragons, and even a humorous account of Cayden Cailean trying to pick up a horse in a bar, but no wolf jokes."

kensen's marching order works for me

stack
2011-07-20, 06:59 AM
All:
Okay, here (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2 C%22template%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A352%2C%22y%22%3A35 2%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22template%22%3A%39%2C %22x%22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A320%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3 %2C%22template%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A 288%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22template%22%3A11%2C %22x%22%3A320%2C%22y%22%3A320%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A5 %2C%22template%22%3A5%2C%22x%22%3A320%2C%22y%22%3A 288%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22template%22%3A7%2C%2 2x%22%3A448%2C%22y%22%3A288%7D%5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A %5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A1%2C%22map%22% 3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F10%39 %2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22s ize%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F4. png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%2 2%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22p ic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F1.png%22%2C%22name% 22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id% 22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22% 2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Kyr as%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A3%7D%2C% 7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftoken s%2F30.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Istavan%22%2C%22in itiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B%22size%22 %3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%2 2%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%22%2C%22initiative%22%3 A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pic% 22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%2C%22name%22% 3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3 A7%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)is what i think you formation looks like, tweak it as appropriate and re-post, then tell me how you want to proceed

Istavan's mount tosses its head, then shakes it nervously.

Souhiro
2011-07-20, 07:10 AM
Nervus is by far the youngest, so he will obey his senior's orders. He remains silent and ready his spear, in his assigned position, covering the fragile members.

"I have a bad feeling about this..."

Omeganaut
2011-07-20, 07:34 AM
Kyras pulls out a strange piece of wood, and slots a dart into it. Thus prepared, he casts a small spell to try to determine is there is stray magic around (detect Magic).
Marching order's good for me!

Bhaakon
2011-07-20, 07:40 AM
"Perhaps we should dismount. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not much of a cavalryman, and these horses aren't war-trained chargers. The last thing we need is a horse spooking and dragging one of us back to the fort." Carmine turns to Kyras, "Your call, of course."

Souhiro
2011-07-20, 08:22 AM
<Off Roleplay> I'm in the office, and only can post one or two lines at the same time! you wrote that before I could edit my line:</Off Roleplay>

Nervus nods to Carmine and, sending the horse to the casters, take his place, with his spear ready to anything.

Kensen
2011-07-20, 09:52 AM
There's something there for sure that's making my horse nervous. If you're not used to riding a horse into battle, I suggest you dismount and proceed in a tight defensible formation. I'll attempt a flanking maneuver.

If Kyras approves of the plan: As soon as everyone is dismounted (except István), István moves toward I-17.

stack
2011-07-20, 10:05 AM
Kyras
you detect no magic

All: Current formation (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%2 2%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C% 22id%22%3A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2 F1.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2Istavan%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11 %2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D %5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active %22%3A3%2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2 Fmedia%2Fmap%2F10%39%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char% 22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A352%2C%22y%22% 3A352%2C%22template%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C %22x%22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A288%2C%22template%22%3A3 %7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A5%2C%22x%22%3A320%2C%22y%22%3A 288%2C%22template%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%2 2x%22%3A352%2C%22y%22%3A256%2C%22template%22%3A7%7 D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22x%22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A 320%2C%22template%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2 C%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A576%2C%22template%22%3A 11%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)
How do you want to advance?

Qualia
2011-07-20, 10:40 AM
Sven marches forward, his blade drawn. The tension causes his mouth to go dry, and he licks his lips nervously. "Be ready, for I surely am."

Souhiro
2011-07-20, 10:50 AM
With three swift gestures to the rest of the party (Pointing himself with thumb; then raising one finger, signaling "one" or "First" and finally pointing forward) Nervus just says

"I'll go the first"

When Kyras will give me the order (He is the leader!) I will advance to the fences, Ready for any charging enemy. Nervus is impatient to his first fight, but is trying to hide it from the rest of the team.

Meriss
2011-07-20, 11:28 AM
Thufir nods sagely and carefully dismounts his horse. He unlimbers his axe and stands ready to recieve any attackers.

"This is why greenskins are damned tricky buggers. They dinnae fight fair."

stack
2011-07-20, 12:00 PM
If anyone is interested, acrobatics DC for jumping the wall is 16, ride DC for getting you mount to jump is 15. Also, when you all officially start advancing, please use coordinates

Souhiro
2011-07-20, 02:32 PM
I will go to e11...

Bhaakon
2011-07-20, 05:55 PM
Carmine dismounts, bow in hand, and prepares to cover the advancing scouts.

no move

Omeganaut
2011-07-20, 09:30 PM
I'm all for dismounting.

Kyras dismounts, managing to keep his spear-thrower in hand. He prepares to attack any orc that appears in the direction he is facing, moving a few steps in the direction of the noise. He calls to the others "Don't run off by yourself. Nervus and Istvan, go ahead and move towards the noise, but try to stay within 50ft of the rest of us. Everyone else, prepare something to attack in case something surprises them."

Mechanics: 5 foot step to k9, ready action to throw dart at an orc that appears in the direction of Istvan and Nervus.

stack
2011-07-20, 09:36 PM
As Nervus moves forward, he see something crouching behind the wall. Two masses of matted hair springs forward howling furiously, swinging makeshift clubs. The first connects with a thud, breaking the crude stick. The second finds nothing but air.
Nervus, take 6 damage

At the same time another comes from behind the northern wall, rushing towards Thufir, leaping into the air to try to cave his skull in with a rock.
Thufir, 3 damage

Everyone but Nervus and Thufir
Gnolls, this muscular hyena-headed humanoid is a gnoll, an evil race of creatures that typically prefer intelligent beings for food because they scream more. Gnolls usually only speak their own language. This result also reveals all humanoid traits.

everyone
take your actions for round 1, you have till tomorrow night
map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22% 3A1%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmed ia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2 C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A17%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F26 .png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Gnoll%22%2C%22size%22%3A 1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%2 2pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22%2C%22na me%22%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id %22%3A5%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2 Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nerv us%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22i nitiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftoken s%2F4.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22size %22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22initiative%22% 3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F1.png%22% 2C%22name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2 C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic% 22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%2C%22name%22 %3A%22Istavan%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22 %3A13%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fm edia%2Ftokens%2F26.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Gnoll% 22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A15%2C%22ini tiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens% 2F26.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Gnoll%22%2C%22size%2 2%3A1%7D%5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22map%22%3A%22h ttp%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F10%39%2Fmap .png%22%2C%22active%22%3A5%2C%22id%22%3A1%7D%5D%2C %22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22x%22%3A256%2C%22y%22%3A352%2 C%22template%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22x%22 %3A160%2C%22y%22%3A352%2C%22template%22%3A17%2C%22 id%22%3A17%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A288%2 C%22template%22%3A3%2C%22id%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B%22x%22 %3A1%392%2C%22y%22%3A352%2C%22template%22%3A5%2C%2 2id%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A256%2 C%22template%22%3A7%2C%22id%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%22x%22 %3A384%2C%22y%22%3A320%2C%22template%22%3A%39%2C%2 2id%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A576 %2C%22template%22%3A11%2C%22id%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B%22 x%22%3A256%2C%22y%22%3A256%2C%22template%22%3A13%2 C%22id%22%3A13%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A160%2C%22y%22%3A3 84%2C%22template%22%3A15%2C%22id%22%3A15%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)

Bhaakon
2011-07-20, 10:38 PM
Stepping into range, Carmine attempts to pacify one of the beasts with his bardic magic.

move to J10 and cast Selected Friendship on gnoll at E10 (Save DC 15 Will)

Souhiro
2011-07-21, 12:55 AM
"Unghhh" Nervus really did felt this one! He cannot allow himself receive more! His instincts says to put his hand in the side, where he was hit. But his trainig says that he need keep both of his hands where they are: In the weapon

Nervus moves 5ft to the north, to F9, and uses his Flurry of Blows with the longspear (Has Reach)to the one in e11

Rolls, in case of necesity:
1d20
1D20
1D20
1D20

1d8
1D8
1D8
1D8

"Ish. Need (ungh!) backup"

Kensen
2011-07-21, 03:46 AM
For some reason, I can't view the flash map on my laptop. If possible, István moves and attacks the closest gnoll with his lance. If not, he takes a double move to get into a flanking position.

Attack roll, if applicable: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Omeganaut
2011-07-21, 07:53 AM
Kyras moves forward to a position where he can help both Nervus and Thufir. He casts a strange spell that no-one else can hear, but seems to affect one of the gnolls.

Move to j11, casting Ear-Piercing Scream. [roll0] and daze for one round, fort save dc16 for half damage and no daze, single target.

stack
2011-07-21, 08:13 AM
Istavan spurs his mount around the wall, catching the rear most creature off-guard with the tip of his lance. It howls and spins to face its assailant.

The gnoll attacking Thufir stops as if in a daze, his canine jaw slack and its matted fur smoothing down from its raised state.

The ambusher nearest Nervus stops, covering its ears in the pain of Kyras's inaudible assault.

H-7 gnoll is under friendship, will not attack for duration (1 min+)
E-10 gnoll takes 1 damage, dazed for 1 round
E-11 Gnoll takes 6 damage
Let me know if want to re-direct any of these, I aimed as made most sense to me. Souhiro-see OOC thread, clerics have till tonight to act

Current Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%2 2%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Gnoll%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22 id%22%3A17%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F26 .png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22C armine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A%39% 2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F1.png%22%7D%2 C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Istavan%22%2C %22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11%2C%22pic%22%3 A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size% 22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Gnoll%22%2C%22initiative% 22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A13%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2 Ftokens%2F26.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22na me%22%3A%22Gnoll%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id %22%3A15%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F26.p ng%22%7D%5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C% 22active%22%3A6%2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpga mer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F10%39%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C %22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A256%2C %22y%22%3A352%2C%22template%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%2 2%3A3%2C%22x%22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A288%2C%22templat e%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A5%2C%22x%22%3A1%392%2C %22y%22%3A320%2C%22template%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22id%2 2%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A256%2C%22templat e%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A17%2C%22x%22%3A160%2C% 22y%22%3A352%2C%22template%22%3A17%7D%2C%7B%22id%2 2%3A%39%2C%22x%22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A320%2C%22templ ate%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22x%22%3A160 %2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22template%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B%22 id%22%3A13%2C%22x%22%3A256%2C%22y%22%3A256%2C%22te mplate%22%3A13%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A15%2C%22x%22%3A1 60%2C%22y%22%3A384%2C%22template%22%3A15%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0) Also, you guys can make your moves on the map and post, if you prefer. I'm happy to do it for those who can't see the map.

Qualia
2011-07-21, 09:11 AM
Sven lets out a deep breath as the gnolls leap the wall. He is knocked from his reverie when he sees the blood flow his fellows. He calls out in a loud voice "GORUM IS WITH US THIS DAY, WE CANNOT FAIL!" as he blesses the party. Filled with the glory of his god, he strides towards the gnoll who is menacing Nervus, waving his greatsword as he shouts at it "Come on! You wanna fight? Fight me!"

Sorry can't see the map, if I'm close enough, I'll move up to take a flanking position on the gnoll attacking Nervus

Bless
+1 morale bonus - attack rolls & saves vs fear
50'
Lasts 1 minute

Souhiro
2011-07-21, 10:44 AM
Nervus see that the gnolls won't fall! But don't mind, he HAVE to win, for all his fallen companions, and the survivors.

Nervus does a 5ft step to the west, and uses a trick he learnt in his old base.

"Here it goes!!!"

[spoiler]Nervus goes to e9 via 5ft step, and does a flurry of blows (with kicks) to the gnoll in e10, the first of the kicks is a Stuning... Foot
[roll0]
[roll1]

and for the damage, if they conect:

[roll2] (+4, of STR)
[roll3] (+4 of STR)

Nervus' Stuning Fist DC is 13.
[spoiler]

stack
2011-07-21, 10:57 AM
The gnoll staggers from the first kick, doubling over in pain. The second lands with a wet crack and it falls limply to the dirt, its ragged breathing barely perceptible underneath the scarred matted flesh.

Nervus gets the first kill
Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%2 2%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C% 22id%22%3A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2 F1.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2Istavan%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11 %2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D %2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Gnoll%22%2C %22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A13%2C%22pic%22%3 A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F26.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size% 22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Gnoll%22%2C%22initiative% 22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A15%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2 Ftokens%2F26.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%2 2id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A0%2C%22map%22%3A%22htt p%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F10%39%2Fmap.p ng%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%2 2x%22%3A256%2C%22y%22%3A352%2C%22template%22%3A1%7 D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A28 8%2C%22template%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A5%2C%22x %22%3A160%2C%22y%22%3A320%2C%22template%22%3A5%7D% 2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A256% 2C%22template%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22x %22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A320%2C%22template%22%3A%39%7 D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22x%22%3A160%2C%22y%22%3A4 48%2C%22template%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A13%2C% 22x%22%3A256%2C%22y%22%3A256%2C%22template%22%3A13 %7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A15%2C%22x%22%3A160%2C%22y%22%3 A384%2C%22template%22%3A15%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)
After Thufir acts we can start the next round (should go quickly now)

Souhiro
2011-07-21, 12:02 PM
Sorry can't see the map, if I'm close enough, I'll move up to take a flanking position on the gnoll attacking Nervus

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7096/sinttulotqy.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/sinttulotqy.jpg/)

Well, since you cannot see the map, I uploaded it as a jpg. You can see your nametag, Istavan the Chevalier is the bald guy with black armor in E13, Kyras & Carmine are together, safe, and nerfing our foes with magic, Thuffir is the cleric near the other gnoll, and I'm the one with the red hachimaki.

Remember that Istavan and Nervus have longspears with 10ft reach!

stack
2011-07-21, 12:47 PM
I forgot to move Sven up, will fix when the round finishes

Meriss
2011-07-21, 07:48 PM
Thufir shakes the cobwebs from his head and glares at the gnoll who struck him.

"Yer cruising fer a bruisen lad." With that the cleric swings his oversized axe and strikes the gnoll for all he's worth.

No movement.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

stack
2011-07-21, 09:08 PM
The near miss form Thufir's axe breaks its trance. It howls and swings at the dwarf, but the blow deflects harmlessly of his armor.

The second gnoll leaps forward, growling, to attack Istavan, but has no more success, its makeshift club failing to touch man or beast.

map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22% 3A1%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmed ia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2 C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22initiati ve%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32. png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22size%22%3A1 %7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A5%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22 pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%2C%22nam e%22%3A%22Nervus%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id %22%3A7%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2 Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufi r%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22 initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftoke ns%2F1.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22si ze%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%2 2%2C%22name%22%3A%22Istavan%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D %2C%7B%22id%22%3A13%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pi c%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F26.png%22%2C%22name% 22%3A%22Gnoll%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22 %3A15%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fm edia%2Ftokens%2F26.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Gnoll% 22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%2 2map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap %2F10%39%2Fmap.png%22%2C%22active%22%3A1%2C%22id%2 2%3A1%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22x%22%3A1%392%2 C%22y%22%3A352%2C%22template%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A1 %7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A288%2C%22templa te%22%3A3%2C%22id%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A160%2C% 22y%22%3A320%2C%22template%22%3A5%2C%22id%22%3A5%7 D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A256%2C%22template %22%3A7%2C%22id%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A384%2C%22 y%22%3A320%2C%22template%22%3A%39%2C%22id%22%3A%39 %7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A160%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22templa te%22%3A11%2C%22id%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A256%2 C%22y%22%3A256%2C%22template%22%3A13%2C%22id%22%3A 13%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A160%2C%22y%22%3A416%2C%22temp late%22%3A15%2C%22id%22%3A15%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)(less any movement the casters made, though it will likely be moot) 24 hrs to post second round actions

Bhaakon
2011-07-21, 11:22 PM
Carmine vents his frustration, "What did you go and do that for, Thufir? that one was out of the fight. At least wait until we have him surrounded next time!" Then sighs and fires his bow at the now hostile gnoll, investing the arrow with some of his magical essence as he draws it back.

activate arcane strike, fire at at H7 gnoll
attack (+1 bless, +1 for point blank shot)
[roll[1d6+2 damage (+1 for point blank shot, +1 arcane strike)

Bhaakon
2011-07-21, 11:25 PM
confirm crit and re-do the flubbed damage roll
[roll0]
[roll1] normal damage
[roll2] critical damage (x3)

Souhiro
2011-07-22, 06:03 AM
Nervus sees how the fiend lunges for Iskal, avoiding the lancer and the swordman.
During a moment, he fears that the gnoll would be able to cause the horse to throw it's rider, to hurt his back... It cannot happen. Not today. Not any more.

The child soldier discards his lance; barehanded he lunges himself for the gnoll, and tries for his Grapple Attack.

CMB:4 +2 per Improved Grapple +2 per Flank + 1 per Bless
[roll0]

If he manages to pull it out, he calmly says to the beast:
"You can surrender, there is no need to waste your life, don't you think?" (He doesn't count that the Gnoll couldn't speak common!)

Souhiro
2011-07-22, 06:05 AM
Sorry, the roll failed... That's strange, I've copied and pasted the very same code from the Dice Roller Test Thread!

Nevermind:
[roll0]

Qualia
2011-07-22, 06:24 AM
Sven charges up to flank the gnoll facing Thufir, his greatsword whirling around his head as he utters an invocation to Gorum, calling upon the powers of the Lord in Iron for a destructive smite, "I'll feed your entrails to the worms, dog!"

charge to G7

Attack [roll0] +2 Charge, +2 Flanking
Damage [roll1] +1 damage destructive smite

AC 14 HP 11

Qualia
2011-07-22, 06:26 AM
Ooh, that might be a crit :smallsmile:

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

stack
2011-07-22, 07:10 AM
Sven's blade cleaves the gnoll in two from shoulder to hip, it had not yet had time to fall after Carmine's arrow leap through its eye. The wet, twice dead ruin collapses. The adjacent clerics may want a bath.

The remains assailant struggles against Nervus' expert grap, trying to wrench its arm free. Just when it is about to escape, the young warrior switches holds, hindering the creatures movement.

1 gnoll left, in grappled condition - Grappled creatures cannot move and take a –4 penalty to Dexterity. a grappled creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those made to grapple or escape a grapple. In addition, grappled creatures can take no action that requires two hands to perform.... Grappled creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity.

map Also, doubling-up criticals, messy. (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%2 2%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C% 22id%22%3A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2 F1.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2Istavan%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11 %2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D %2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Gnoll%22%2C %22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A15%2C%22pic%22%3 A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F26.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Scena %22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A2%2C%22m ap%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2 F10%39%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22 id%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A256%2C%22y%22%3A288%2C%22tem plate%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3A384% 2C%22y%22%3A288%2C%22template%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B%22id %22%3A5%2C%22x%22%3A160%2C%22y%22%3A384%2C%22templ ate%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A288%2C %22y%22%3A256%2C%22template%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%22id%2 2%3A%39%2C%22x%22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A320%2C%22templ ate%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22x%22%3A160 %2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22template%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B%22 id%22%3A15%2C%22x%22%3A160%2C%22y%22%3A416%2C%22te mplate%22%3A15%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)

Omeganaut
2011-07-22, 08:50 AM
Kyras looks at the grappled gnoll and cannot seem to come up with a reason to keep it alive. After all, very few speak gnoll, and he doubts the creature speaks anything else. However, Kyras does not want to try anything against the creature as he could hit Nervus, so instead he watches to see if the gnoll breaks out of his grasp. "Unless someone has an objection, I say will kill this monster and be done with it!"

Ready an action to attack the gnoll if it breaks out of the grapple under its own power. If someone else insists on sparing its life though, I don't want to be a jerk and attack anyway [roll0][roll1]

Map is not linking right...

Also, for those having trouble with the roller, if you preview your post, you must redo the dice rolls. If you leave them after previewing the post, or try to edit them it, they won't work.

Bhaakon
2011-07-22, 01:12 PM
"No objection here," replies Carmine. "I can't speak the language, and I've no stomach for torturing any answers out even if I could understand them."

Meriss
2011-07-22, 01:53 PM
"You'll get nae objection from me. Damn things are too close to gobs fer my taste."

Souhiro
2011-07-23, 01:46 AM
"You are in command" Says the young soldier to Kyras "If you want have him executed, then it shall be"

stack
2011-07-23, 08:25 AM
Well, to keep things moving, gnoll's turn

The gnoll, howling from its injury, wrenches free from the practiced grasp of the young warrior, the, makes a break for open ground.

Istavan's lance reaches out, but he ducks at the last second. His momentum carries him directly into Nervus's kick, snapping the gnoll's head back. It drops to the ground, unconscious.

I assumed you wanted AOO's, so I rolled them. Let me know if you didn't and we can ret-con.

Two creatures lay on the turf, quickly expiring. The third was beyond the aid of any power you know. They are clad in little more than rags, their weapons obviously make-shift. You see the broken remains of shackles on their legs. Their backs are a mass of scars cris-crossing the remaining matted fur.

take any actions you want, then you can proceed with your patrol

Omeganaut
2011-07-23, 09:02 AM
Kyras looks over the bodies, wondering where they were imprisoned, and why they attacked a group twice as large, mounted, wearing military clothing. He finishes his observations with the one that was still breathing. "I am sorry, but there is nothing more we can do for you." He pulls out his dagger and finishes the gnoll off himself. Wiping the blood off the blade on the grass, he stands up and looks at the other members of his group at their reaction.

Meriss
2011-07-23, 10:25 AM
Thufir shrugs and goes to collect his mount. "That was well said Kyras. Should we bother taking their weapons? They're prolly nothing but trash but still, best if they won't be pointed at us again"

Bhaakon
2011-07-23, 11:15 AM
"These sticks and stones, why bother? I'm more interested in these broken shackles. Perhaps a skilled smith--like that Feltcher fellow back at the fort--will recognize the maker, or at least tell orc-craft from human-made." Carmine looks at his companions, "unless one of you has some skill in that area."

Souhiro
2011-07-23, 11:41 AM
Nervus cannot see as Kyras he kills the beast and loocks to other place. With very mixed feelings, he just go to recover his spear, discarded when he grappled the last of the gnolls. with it, hits twice (With the wooden part, not with the metal tip) to the other Gnoll, the one he unknowingly killed.

"Hey you, wake up! Hey... you?"

Nervus stares to the fallen beast, with eyes wide open, looking into the poor were-hyena's eyes.

He stays for near a minute, until someone... or his hurting side, which received a good hit, returns him to the reality.

Without any feeling, with his conscience just shutting down, he looks into the group, and without any emotion, he say to the cleric Thufir "Can you help me? I got some bruises on my abdomen".

Yeah, that was Nervus first kill. He has seen death many times. Death of loved ones, and death of friends and mentors, but even if it was an enemy, he never was the one causing death.

Meriss
2011-07-23, 12:21 PM
Thufir looks at the child soldier carefully. "Yer first kill lad? Aye, dinnae get used to it, it'll sour yer soul. Let's see to your wounds."

Spontaneous Casting Cure Light Wounds. Using my Aid slot.
[roll0]

Souhiro
2011-07-23, 01:39 PM
"Thank you, Thufir. Thank you..." (ank looking at Kyras) " I'm ready to continue, sir"

During the march, Nervus will be near Thufir, asking him about the meaning of life, death, souls, afterlife and all those things. We can RP it if you like.

stack
2011-07-23, 02:23 PM
Just let me know when you want to move on. Also, 100 XP each. The weapons are just sticks and rocks and they have nothing else worth taking.

Bhaakon
2011-07-23, 05:53 PM
Without waiting for command, Carmine retrieves and re-mounts his horse. "Nothing left to see here, eh?"

Omeganaut
2011-07-23, 09:32 PM
Kyras steps on a wooden weapon and breaks it on his way back to his horse. Thanking the gods that his horse did not bolt, he re-mounts and looks for the others to do the same "Let's move on, and we can hopefully make good progress before sundown"

In other words, I'd like to move on

Kensen
2011-07-24, 04:14 AM
Well fought, comrades! It seems orcs are not the only hostile creatures here. Even though these gnolls were stupid enough to attack the six of us, they were clever enough to set up an ambush here where our horses would have become a hindrance, had you not dismounted. Anyway, lets mark this location on our map and move on.

(The same marching order as before)

OOC: Im on vacation in Central Europe (and struggling to write with a weird keyboard :smallbiggrin:) until the 29th and may not be able to post every day, but Ill try to post as often as possible.

Souhiro
2011-07-24, 04:58 AM
"I agree" Says nervus, re-mounting and going back into position. "Let's continue our way". Then, he remembers the duty "We should make annotation of this ambush in the map, souldn't we?"

stack
2011-07-24, 07:32 AM
The day passes as you continue West, making camp out of view of the road at sunset. The watches pass uneventfully, though you do hear the occasional mournful howl of wolves.

You with the sun, eating a hurried breakfast before mounting. The sky is gray, promising rain.

Gently rolling hills, punctuated by farms reclaimed by the wild, stretch as far as you can see. Near noon the steady drumming of rain joins you on your march.

In the evening, you see a strange sight as you crest a hill. Fields stretch down the other side, tall grain nearly ripe. A mile off you see buildings, though the details of them are beyond your sight. The light will fail within the hour, sped by the heavy clouds.

How do you proceed? (Might be a good time for Sift, if anyone had it prepared.)

Souhiro
2011-07-24, 11:07 AM
Nervus look at his companions, and dismounts to prepare the camp. He digs an small hole to house the fire, and looks for some wood.

"I humbly ask for the first guard. I don't know very much about casters, but I've heard you'll need 8 hours of rest in order to be able to cast your spells, so only Istavan and Carmine would be able to make guard."

The young soldier tries to make some fire using fling & steel, without any success.

Bhaakon
2011-07-24, 06:52 PM
Hold, Nervus. Those villagers would easily spot a fire and take us for brigands or worse." Carmine turns a suspicious eye the the motley collection of buildings, "Still,there's definitely something off about this. There weren't supposed to be any settlements beyond the wall, and I can't get those shackled gnolls out of my head. No time to scout it out before nightfall, I say we either all ride in or we all pull back to camp out of sight."

Kensen
2011-07-25, 02:35 AM
István nods. Hes right, we should either have a closer look at the settlement now or put some distance between it and us and go there in the morning. It is very suspicious, though, that orcs or other savage creatures should inhabit these dwellings. We must proceed with extreme caution if we approach them now. Perhaps the gnolls were runaway slaves from this village here?

OOC: Does anyone have a good Survival skill bonus (for finding a relatively safe place to make our camp)?

Souhiro
2011-07-25, 05:04 AM
"I'm fairly good in stealth, so I could try to scout. I have my pet raven here" (Please, let me raven just "Plop in" like Blackwing) "So, if something happens to me, it will 'caw'"

stack
2011-07-25, 06:49 AM
Discuss as you like, but please have a decision by tonight. Also, go ahead and pre-roll survival and stealth for camping and scouting respectively. Actually, I'll roll the stealth and perception, don't worry :xykon:.

Please tick a day off your rations for last night, and another for tonight if you don't go into the cluster of buildings (think large farm more than small town)

Also, still drizzling.

Souhiro
2011-07-25, 10:34 AM
If nobody has any objection, Nervus will go to scout.

He will left his spear with Istavan (He knows how to take care of weapons) since it could delate him.

stack
2011-07-25, 11:18 AM
The young former mercenary creeps into the gloom.

Nervus
As you get closer, you can see the compound consists of:
1 round building (looks like it is for threshing)
one long building with stone walls, guarded by an orc (left side)
a smaller stone building with another guard (green roof on map),
and what looks like a modest stable (at bottom).

The smaller stone building has dim light coming from the windows. You hear course voices and the sounds of eating inside, but do not recognize the language.

map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2 C%22template%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A%396%2C%22y%22%3A% 396%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A5%2C%22template%22%3A5%2C%2 2x%22%3A672%2C%22y%22%3A64%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C %22template%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3A64%2C%22y%22%3A576% 7D%5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22acti ve%22%3A1%2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru %2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F131%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22CharP roto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2 Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nerv us%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%7D%2C% 7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftoken s%2F27.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc%202%22%2C%22in itiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22size%22% 3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F25.png%22 %2C%22name%22%3A%22orc%201%22%2C%22initiative%22%3 A0%2C%22id%22%3A3%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)

As far as you know, you are undetected.

Souhiro
2011-07-25, 12:00 PM
The soldier hold his breath. This is EXACTLY what we were told to look for... and what we was told to NOT fight!

He takes his time and when the two orcs don't look at the bushes where he's hiding, he goes back where the party is and tells everything.

[spoiler]Roll for Stealth:
[roll0]
[spoiler]

(Just if he manages to sneak back)
"... So, this place is everything but a secure place to pass a night. Carmine, Istvan, thanks for your good ideas!"

Qualia
2011-07-25, 01:53 PM
Sven is still buzzing from his victory over the gnolls, the excitement evident in his eyes as he grips his blade, a smile on his lips. "What did you see Nervus? Are there orcs there?"

Stealth roll, with Guidance [roll0]

Souhiro
2011-07-25, 02:26 PM
"Yes, I saw two orcs making guard. They said something that sounded like... [unidentificable gutural sound]... well, I don't know Orc, I only knew goblin.

I think we should go out form here. Is not that I fear fighting more orcs " altough I don't like the idea of getting more blood on my hands" but our orders were clear: Do not kill every orc settlement we see. Our mission is mark it in our map.

(To Kiras) Sir, What is command, Sir?

I Think that Nervus is back with the rest of the team

stack
2011-07-25, 02:29 PM
Nervus returns without any apparent detection.

Discuss your course of action. Can you have a plan by tomorrow morning, whether its waiting, sneaking past, making balloon animals, or attacking?

Go ahead and pre-roll initiative regardless (Mwhahaha), in case we need it.

Also, describe where you set up camp (beyond the tilled fields, near them?) The land is mostly open, with occasional groups of trees.

ed - Nervus couldn't find tracks due to the rain and dark. The paths do not look that well worn however.

ed 2 - an orc farm, especially in this area, is very unusual at might bear investigating further (no pressure, not sure how much steering I should provide, let me know if its too much)

Meriss
2011-07-25, 03:15 PM
Thufir thinks hard, Nevus had tried to repeat the orc's language but had come up with garbled nonsense.

"I'd like to know what it is they're guarding but I dinnae look forward to tryin' to creep up on them in this." He taps his stocky chest lightly to indicate his scale mail.

"No matter I'll mark this on the map. Though I dinnae think we would want to camp so close to them. Kyras, thoughts?"

Bhaakon
2011-07-25, 04:20 PM
"About how many orcs were there, do you think? Our orders may have said not to engage, but if there are only a few..." Carmine absent-mindedly scratches his chin. "I'm glad this isn't my decision, but I get the feeling that the commander would send us right back out here for a closer look if we don't get one now."

Qualia
2011-07-25, 04:41 PM
"Only two?" Sven laughs, "We cannot run and hide from only two." He spits at the ground. "They may have supplies in there, maps maybe, or prisoners." He scratches his chin as he looks around. "Any fires would be visible for miles - it would be safer to take this farm and camp there."

Omeganaut
2011-07-25, 10:23 PM
Kyras takes a minute to consider the situation. He silently thanks Nervus deferring to him, as it brought to mind the orders that might have otherwise gone unheeded. "While I personally would like nothing better to take them down, our orders were to not start fights. Before, the gnolls attacked us, but this time we can avoid them. Besides, it might be a trap. And from how you described them, those houses wouldn't help anything anyway. Let's set up camp a safe distance away." With that Kyras sets out to find a place that has a good field of vision in the direction of the orc house, but is not too exposed.

I do have survival, so I can take care of that. [roll0] [roll1] Just in case you still want it [roll2]

Bhaakon
2011-07-25, 10:47 PM
"Aye, I'll take the first watch."

since I took the first watch in the OOC thread anyway...
[roll0] initiative if needed
[roll1] perception

stack
2011-07-26, 08:34 AM
The rain stops as you make camp between two low hills, where you can easily move into position to see the path to the farm without being conspicuous. The night soon clears.

Carmine is oblivious to the nearly inaudible sounds of hoof-falls on the drying dirt, pausing then heading away.

A nearly full moon rises toward the middle of the third watch. Istavan's eyes are heavy at this late hour, but his ears are sharp enough to detect the faint tinkle of chain.

There is a curse in orcish, then a shout. Dropping the pretense of stealth, six shapes become clearer as they emerge quickly from the dark all around. Istavan quickly wakes the others.
I presume he is wearing his armor, but others would have taken medium or heavy armor off to sleep. Because an orc blew his stealth roll, you will be able to stand and arm (but not armor) yourselves before they reach you (1 round), assuming they don't use bows. Be glad it was a clear night with a full moon (or not, they might not have found you otherwise).
map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%2 2%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C% 22id%22%3A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2 F1.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2Istavan%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11 %2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D %2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc1%22%2C% 22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%39%2C%22pic%22% 3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size %22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc2%22%2C%22initiative% 22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A21%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2 Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22na me%22%3A%22orc3%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id% 22%3A23%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.pn g%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc4 %22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A25%2C%22pi c%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C%7B%2 2size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Half-orc%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A2%39%2C %22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F2%39.png%22%7D% 5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active% 22%3A8%2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2F media%2Fmap%2F138%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22% 3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A5 12%2C%22template%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22 x%22%3A320%2C%22y%22%3A640%2C%22template%22%3A3%7D %2C%7B%22id%22%3A5%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A672 %2C%22template%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x% 22%3A320%2C%22y%22%3A544%2C%22template%22%3A7%7D%2 C%7B%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22x%22%3A480%2C%22y%22%3A608 %2C%22template%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%2 2x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22template%22%3A11% 7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A1%39%2C%22x%22%3A32%2C%22y%22%3 A576%2C%22template%22%3A1%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A21 %2C%22x%22%3A1%392%2C%22y%22%3A224%2C%22template%2 2%3A21%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A23%2C%22x%22%3A704%2C%22 y%22%3A384%2C%22template%22%3A23%7D%2C%7B%22id%22% 3A25%2C%22x%22%3A512%2C%22y%22%3A224%2C%22template %22%3A25%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A2%39%2C%22x%22%3A704%2 C%22y%22%3A864%2C%22template%22%3A2%39%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)

Initiative bad guys got 18 on initiative, I rolled the ones I didn't have, so it will be monsters/players

stack
2011-07-26, 08:47 AM
Thufir barely has time to stand and ready his axe when the first orc slams into him, its short sword stabbing forward, finding purchase in his shoulder.
take 9 damage

The second orc charges the Cavalier, dodging his blade and pushing his shield aside, its point finding his armpit where the armor is weak.
take 9 damage

Carmine is similarly overtaken and feels the bite of the orc blade.
6 damage

Sven is better readied and deftly parries the wild swing from his assailant.

Nervus sees another shape, holding back. The youth discerns the bending of a bow. He quickly dodges, the shaft going wide.

Huh, winning initiative and rolling well really changes how a fight goes. 24 hrs to take you actions. Please post HP and AC.
map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%2 2%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C% 22id%22%3A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2 F1.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2orc4%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A25%2C %22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C %7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc1%22%2C%22i nitiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%39%2C%22pic%22%3A% 22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22 %3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Istavan%22%2C%22initiative% 22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2 Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22na me%22%3A%22orc2%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id% 22%3A21%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.pn g%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Half-orc%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A2%39%2C %22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F2%39.png%22%7D% 2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc3%22%2C%2 2initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A23%2C%22pic%22%3A% 22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Scena%2 2%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A8%2C%22map %22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F1 38%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%2 2%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A512%2C%22templat e%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3A320%2C%2 2y%22%3A640%2C%22template%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B%22id%22% 3A5%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A672%2C%22template% 22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A320%2C%22y %22%3A544%2C%22template%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A %39%2C%22x%22%3A480%2C%22y%22%3A608%2C%22template% 22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A25%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C% 22y%22%3A480%2C%22template%22%3A25%7D%2C%7B%22id%2 2%3A1%39%2C%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A544%2C%22temp late%22%3A1%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22x%22%3A2 88%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22template%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B% 22id%22%3A21%2C%22x%22%3A256%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22 template%22%3A21%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A2%39%2C%22x%22 %3A608%2C%22y%22%3A800%2C%22template%22%3A2%39%7D% 2C%7B%22id%22%3A23%2C%22x%22%3A480%2C%22y%22%3A576 %2C%22template%22%3A23%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)

Souhiro
2011-07-26, 09:43 AM
Nervus is barely awake. But he knows that they have little time.

He rushes to M16, and uses his spear to hit Orc3 (The one in O17. (if the spear don't will reach, instead will attack from O16. I don't know how the diagonals works)

In goblin, he taunts the orc saying "Come for me if you have any yirliks, you son of a duklick and a nikok ". Hoping for calling his attention to him and sparing Carmine.

PS: In this forum, cursing is forbidden, so Nervus will say any bad words in goblin (Don't google for them, I have invented those!)

Rolling for it:

To hit with spear:
[roll0]
damage with spear:
[roll1]

Qualia
2011-07-26, 11:44 AM
Sven shouts out in Orcish "Last mistake you ever make you son of a troll" before smashing his greatsword into the orcs, binding their blades together. As the pair engage in a brief test of strength, the cleric smashes a headbutt into the orcs nose, delivering a flash of pain that briefly blinds his assailant.

Dirty Trick to blind the orc for 1 round (For every 5 by which your attack exceeds your opponent’s CMD, the penalty lasts 1 additional round.)
CMB -[roll0]

Omeganaut
2011-07-26, 03:27 PM
Kyras grabbed his polearm as soon as he wakes up, and is startled by the ferocity of the Orc attack. Gathering his wits he moves a step towards the center of the group and casts a familiar spell on the nearest Orc
Casting Ear-Piercing Scream on Orc in i16, [roll0], and take 5-ft step. Lets see if I got this yet map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%2 2%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C% 22id%22%3A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2 F1.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2orc4%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A25%2C %22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C %7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc1%22%2C%22i nitiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%39%2C%22pic%22%3A% 22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22 %3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Istavan%22%2C%22initiative% 22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2 Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22na me%22%3A%22orc2%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id% 22%3A21%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.pn g%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Half-orc%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A2%39%2C %22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F2%39.png%22%7D% 2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc3%22%2C%2 2initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A23%2C%22pic%22%3A% 22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Scena%2 2%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A10%2C%22ma p%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F 138%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22id% 22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A512%2C%22templa te%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3A352%2C% 22y%22%3A608%2C%22template%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B%22id%22 %3A5%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A672%2C%22template %22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A320%2C%22 y%22%3A544%2C%22template%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3 A%39%2C%22x%22%3A480%2C%22y%22%3A608%2C%22template %22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A25%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C %22y%22%3A480%2C%22template%22%3A25%7D%2C%7B%22id% 22%3A1%39%2C%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A544%2C%22tem plate%22%3A1%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22x%22%3A 288%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22template%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B %22id%22%3A21%2C%22x%22%3A256%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%2 2template%22%3A21%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A2%39%2C%22x%2 2%3A608%2C%22y%22%3A800%2C%22template%22%3A2%39%7D %2C%7B%22id%22%3A23%2C%22x%22%3A480%2C%22y%22%3A57 6%2C%22template%22%3A23%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0) There we go!

Bhaakon
2011-07-26, 04:26 PM
The orc's blow drives off Carmine's sleep-induced lethargy, and he jumps back a step. Realizing how bad a position the group is in, Carmine begins to chant.

5-foot step to N19, cast selected friendship on orc at O17 (Will DC 15)

HP:6
AC: 15

stack
2011-07-26, 10:07 PM
Nervus moves to assist the Carmine, but the orc sees his movement and sweeps the thrusting spear aside with the edge of his shield.

A scared face and yellowed tusks gives Sven a wicked smile, unfazed by the warrior-priests attempt to stun him.

The orc near Thufir spasms, grabbing for its ears, then stands motionless.

Carmine's spell also takes effect, the target lowering his weapon and staring off into space.

map, the rest have till tomorrow morning, then I'll proxy and take the monster turn. (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%2 2%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C% 22id%22%3A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2 F1.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2orc4%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A25%2C %22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C %7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc1%20-1%2C%20dazed%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A1%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png %22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Istav an%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11%2C%22 pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D%2C%7B %22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc2%22%2C%22init iative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A21%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2F media%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1% 2C%22name%22%3A%22Half-orc%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A2%39%2C %22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F2%39.png%22%7D% 2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc3%20frien dly%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A23%2C%2 2pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%5D%2 C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3 A0%2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedi a%2Fmap%2F138%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5 B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A512%2 C%22template%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22x%22 %3A352%2C%22y%22%3A608%2C%22template%22%3A3%7D%2C% 7B%22id%22%3A5%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A544%2C% 22template%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3 A320%2C%22y%22%3A544%2C%22template%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B %22id%22%3A%39%2C%22x%22%3A448%2C%22y%22%3A640%2C% 22template%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A25%2C%22x%2 2%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A480%2C%22template%22%3A25%7D%2 C%7B%22id%22%3A1%39%2C%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A54 4%2C%22template%22%3A1%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C %22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22template%22%3A1 1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A21%2C%22x%22%3A256%2C%22y%22% 3A448%2C%22template%22%3A21%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A2%3 9%2C%22x%22%3A608%2C%22y%22%3A800%2C%22template%22 %3A2%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A23%2C%22x%22%3A480%2C%2 2y%22%3A576%2C%22template%22%3A23%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)

stack
2011-07-27, 07:17 AM
Thufir recovers quickly, ignoring his wound and hewing the the orc. It lets out a howl of pain and nearly falls to the ground, but manages to stay upright by the power of his fierce orcish will.

Istavan's blade finds similar purchase, nearly rending the orc's heart, but a last second shield shift diverts the tip, leaving a wicked wound. Again, the tenacity and fire in it's blood keeps it standing. The orc tries to return the favor, but his short sword glances of the knight's quickly interposing shield.

Sven's orc tries to return the favor of the headbut by shoving him to the ground, but his feet cannot find purchase and he stumbles.
failed trip attempt, Sven can make a counter trip if he wants (failed by more than 5)

Seeing the magic neutralizing his forces, the Half-orc draws his bow and looses at Carmine, hoping to eliminate the wounded caster. His shaft goes wide, but draws the attention of Carmines new "friend." The enchanted orc sees not his commander, but the most vile thing imaginable, a knight bearing the banner of Lastwall. The half-orc curses him loudly. He charges and stabs his commander, his blade coming out red.

Okay, most of the enemies are wounded (hover over them on the map, I have listed the damage they have taken. Ocs have ferocity, however, and won't drop till -Con. Any that go below 0 will be staggered and start bleeding, however.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%2 2%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C% 22id%22%3A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2 F1.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2orc4%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A25%2C %22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C %7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc1%20-6%2C%20dazed%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A1%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png %22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Istav an%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11%2C%22 pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D%2C%7B %22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc2%20-6%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A21%2C%22p ic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C%7B% 22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Half-orc%20-6%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A2%39%2C%2 2pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F2%39.png%22%7D%2C %7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc3%20friendl y%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A23%2C%22p ic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%5D%2C% 22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A1 %2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia% 2Fmap%2F138%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B% 7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A512%2C% 22template%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3 A352%2C%22y%22%3A608%2C%22template%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B %22id%22%3A5%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A544%2C%22 template%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A3 20%2C%22y%22%3A544%2C%22template%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%2 2id%22%3A%39%2C%22x%22%3A448%2C%22y%22%3A640%2C%22 template%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A25%2C%22x%22% 3A416%2C%22y%22%3A480%2C%22template%22%3A25%7D%2C% 7B%22id%22%3A1%39%2C%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A544% 2C%22template%22%3A1%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%2 2x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22template%22%3A11% 7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A21%2C%22x%22%3A256%2C%22y%22%3A 448%2C%22template%22%3A21%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A2%39% 2C%22x%22%3A608%2C%22y%22%3A800%2C%22template%22%3 A2%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A23%2C%22x%22%3A608%2C%22y %22%3A768%2C%22template%22%3A23%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)

24 hours for next rounds actions.

Qualia
2011-07-27, 11:38 AM
As the orc shoves Sven, the cleric uses the momentum to take a 5' step and get clear of the Orc. He then raises his greatsword aloft, and calls upon the power of Gorum "Lord in Iron, bless this battle, and we shall bless this ground with the blood of our enemies. Death to the Greenskins!"

Cast Bless - caster and all allies within 50' +1 attack rolls, 1 minute

stack
2011-07-27, 11:57 AM
QualiaI believe the counter-trip is free, so do you still want to forgoe it?

Qualia
2011-07-27, 12:06 PM
Well if the trip is free and won't invite an AoO ...

Trip [roll0]

Souhiro
2011-07-27, 12:19 PM
Nervus feels the will of the gods flowing in his veins, giving him strenght, giving him power!!!

"Thank you, Sir Sven, this will surely help a LOT!"

Nervus take another 5ft step, taking Sven's place, and just unleash the most terrifing combat technique know to men

"This is the Legacy of the masters, the terrifing Double Roundhouse Kick!"

Flurry of blows, with kicks, to the evil guy.
Kick1: To Hit [roll0] To Damage [roll1]
Kick2: To Hit [roll2] To Damage [roll3]

Souhiro
2011-07-27, 12:26 PM
Sorry guys, I messed with the dmg!

dmg1: [roll0] dmg2:[roll1]

stack
2011-07-27, 12:43 PM
Sven shove the orc to the ground, then deftly steps back to cast his spell. Nervus slides into place and brutalykicks the orc, ribs giving a wet crack as they failed. The orc spits blood and looks barely able to stand. Only its uncanny tenacity keeps it from the ground.

Orc 4 is at -10 and bleeding and can only take a single move or standard action a round. If it wasn't for orc ferocity, three would be down. Any that drop below 0 will bleed out and die at -Con (12 in this case). The negative numbers on the map show damage taken, not current HP (so as not to spoil HP numbers for big fights, you know what you have done, but not how long they will last).

map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%2 2%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C% 22id%22%3A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2 F1.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2orc4%20-14%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A25%2C%22 pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C%7B %22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc1%20-6%2C%20dazed%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A1%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png %22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Istav an%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11%2C%22 pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D%2C%7B %22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc2%20-6%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A21%2C%22p ic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C%7B% 22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Half-orc%20-6%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A2%39%2C%2 2pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F2%39.png%22%7D%2C %7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc3%20friendl y%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A23%2C%22p ic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%5D%2C% 22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A2 %2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia% 2Fmap%2F138%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B% 7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A384%2C%22y%22%3A544%2C% 22template%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3 A352%2C%22y%22%3A608%2C%22template%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B %22id%22%3A5%2C%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22%3A512%2C%22 template%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A3 20%2C%22y%22%3A544%2C%22template%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%2 2id%22%3A%39%2C%22x%22%3A448%2C%22y%22%3A640%2C%22 template%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A25%2C%22x%22% 3A416%2C%22y%22%3A480%2C%22template%22%3A25%7D%2C% 7B%22id%22%3A1%39%2C%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A544% 2C%22template%22%3A1%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%2 2x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22template%22%3A11% 7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A21%2C%22x%22%3A256%2C%22y%22%3A 448%2C%22template%22%3A21%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A2%39% 2C%22x%22%3A608%2C%22y%22%3A800%2C%22template%22%3 A2%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A23%2C%22x%22%3A608%2C%22y %22%3A768%2C%22template%22%3A23%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)

Bhaakon
2011-07-27, 03:37 PM
Blessings of Gorum flowing through him inspire Carmine to take the a more direct approach. Taking a quick step forward to gain a more favorable shot, he loosens an arcanely charged arrow at the half-orc.

5-foot step to P20, swift action to activate arcane strike, standard action to fire arrow
[roll0] to hit (+1 for bless, +1 for point blank shot)
[roll1] damage (+1 arcane strike, +1 point blank shot)

Omeganaut
2011-07-27, 06:56 PM
Kyras, seeing his spell hit the mark, follows it up by swinging his polearm at the orc in front of Thufir. He then goes to survey the battlefield, taking note of the remaining orcs and especially the orc attacking his friendly bowman. He calls out to Carmine "Move closer to the rest of the party. I can help protect you if one of those orcs survives and charges us back."

Kensen
2011-07-28, 10:04 AM
István attempts to finish off the wounded orc with a diagonal cut.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Sorry about my absence. From now on, Ill be able to post at least once per day again.

Kensen
2011-07-28, 10:15 AM
Seeing that the orc easily dodges his sword, István whistles and commands his mount to attack the same orc (if possible, DM fiat).

Handle Animal check (DC 10): [roll0]

stack
2011-07-28, 11:01 AM
Carmine and Istavan both fail to find their targets, their wounds spoiling their aim. Istavan's mount draws near, but does not attack.

Kyras however lands a solid low. The orc wavers, it cannot stand much more. Thufir attempts to finish it, but his axe is turned aside by a desperate shield.

The half-orc shouts,
(for those who speak orc)"Fall back to the farm! Kill the slaves!"

He then withdraws to the South, fading into the dark. The enchanted orc does not follow, he is no longer a threat, and just stands still.
Half-orc at S-29

Hearing his orders and seeing the way of things, the northern most orc also attempts to withdraw, but is slowed by his injuries.

The orc near Thufir takes a last desperate swing, wounding his target grievously. They both collapse into a bleeding heap.
8 more damage puts you at -7 and bleeding

Nervus's foot ends the prone orc's attempt to rise, as well as its attempts to breathe and do much besides decompose.

edited at 1:28 Nervus takes no damage, orc 4 is dead, Thufir still dropped, map updated.
map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22% 3A1%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmed ia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2 C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22initiati ve%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32. png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22size%22%3A1 %7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A5%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22 pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%2C%22nam e%22%3A%22Nervus%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id %22%3A7%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2 Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufi r%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22 initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftoke ns%2F1.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22si ze%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%2 2%2C%22name%22%3A%22Istavan%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D %2C%7B%22id%22%3A21%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pi c%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%2C%22name% 22%3A%22orc2%20-6%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A2%39%2C%2 2initiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftok ens%2F2%39.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Half-orc%20-6%22%2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A23%2C%22i nitiative%22%3A0%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftoken s%2F28.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc3%20friendly%22 %2C%22size%22%3A1%7D%5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22m ap%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2 F138%2Fmap.png%22%2C%22active%22%3A5%2C%22id%22%3A 1%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22x%22%3A384%2C%22y% 22%3A544%2C%22template%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A1%7D%2C %7B%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A608%2C%22template%22% 3A3%2C%22id%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A416%2C%22y%22 %3A512%2C%22template%22%3A5%2C%22id%22%3A5%7D%2C%7 B%22x%22%3A320%2C%22y%22%3A544%2C%22template%22%3A 7%2C%22id%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A480%2C%22y%22%3 A640%2C%22template%22%3A%39%2C%22id%22%3A%39%7D%2C %7B%22x%22%3A288%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22template%22% 3A11%2C%22id%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A224%2C%22y% 22%3A448%2C%22template%22%3A21%2C%22id%22%3A21%7D% 2C%7B%22x%22%3A608%2C%22y%22%3A%3928%2C%22template %22%3A2%39%2C%22id%22%3A2%39%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A608 %2C%22y%22%3A768%2C%22template%22%3A23%2C%22id%22% 3A23%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0), 24 hrs for next round

Qualia
2011-07-28, 11:22 AM
Hearing the orcs cry, Sven translates "The greenskins are retreating to the farm where they plan to kill the slaves. We must stop them." Seeing his fellow cleric collapse, he calls upon Gorum to stabilize him. "Kill the rest of these orc dogs, then Gorum will restore those of us who need it before we return to the fray."

Cast stabilize on Thufir, and move towards him to stand guard over him.

stack
2011-07-28, 12:15 PM
I screwed up. I forgot Thufir's turn, plus Nervus should have gotten an AOO for the orc standing up. I will edit to make-up for it.

I blame this morning's migraine.

Fixed, no effect on Sven's action, one less bleeding orc to consider (I had forgotten the orc was prone). Thufir missed, so his orc still hit him, but Sven stabilizes him.

Souhiro
2011-07-28, 12:44 PM
Okay, then...

At the moonlight, it's hard to see nervus, but his skin has toned pale

"To kill the slaves at the farm... to kil the slaves... at the... farm"

It has been all his mistake! By adhering to the norms, this can end in a tragedy!

Nervus run to his horse, supossedly with the other's horses tied to a tree, and don't worry in knots (he cuts the ropes of his one with his survival knife) and rides like there were no tomorrow.

"I'll get those were-pigs before they can to do more harm! Take it for granted!"

So nervus retires fromthis battle, to chase the retreated orcs

If any Ride check is needed: (I got a 5, 7 of Ride Skill)... I edited

Bhaakon
2011-07-28, 04:24 PM
Seeing that the others had the last hostile orc in hand, Carmine walks up to the one under his enchantment and asks in passable orcish, "Tell me, friend, who are these slaves, and how many other orcs are there back at the farm?"

move to S23

stack
2011-07-28, 07:21 PM
The orc replies in a dazed manner, "Five slaves, three humans, two dwarves. Dog-men escaped two days ago. Two guards. More soon, for harvest."

As the orc speaks, Nervus's mount sidles out from under him, tossing the youth unceremoniously to the ground. He rolls skillfully on impact, taking no injury but to his pride.

stack
2011-07-29, 09:55 AM
Istavan steps forward and lands another blow on the staggered orc, wounding it further. Kyras's fingers spark, a brief arc strikes out and singes the feeling, bleeding orc.

Wounded and frayed, the orc tries feebly to strike the cavalier again, but is too wounded to hit more than air.

The half-orc gulps a small vial and continues away, out of sight.

Okay, we have one staggered wounded orc left, one friendly for a few more rounds, and the leader escaped. Would you like to play it out, or assume the last two are dispatched?

If you want to expedite, you can ask more questions of the friendly orc, though he may not know much. You can roll your healing spells too, then we can go to the farm Monday morning.

If you play it out, map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%2 2%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A3%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C% 22id%22%3A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2 F1.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2Istavan%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11 %2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D %2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc2%20-11%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A21%2C%22 pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%2C%7B %22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc3%20friendly%2 2%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A23%2C%22pic% 22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22S cena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A6%2C %22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fm ap%2F138%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B% 22id%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A352%2C%22y%22%3A544%2C%22t emplate%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3A28 8%2C%22y%22%3A608%2C%22template%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B%22 id%22%3A5%2C%22x%22%3A608%2C%22y%22%3A512%2C%22tem plate%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A320% 2C%22y%22%3A544%2C%22template%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%22id %22%3A%39%2C%22x%22%3A576%2C%22y%22%3A768%2C%22tem plate%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22x%22%3A2 56%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22template%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B% 22id%22%3A21%2C%22x%22%3A224%2C%22y%22%3A448%2C%22 template%22%3A21%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A23%2C%22x%22%3 A608%2C%22y%22%3A768%2C%22template%22%3A23%7D%5D%7 D&dpi=32&grid=0)

Bhaakon
2011-07-29, 11:13 AM
One more question, chum," Carmine inquires from the orc in the amalgam of grunts and throat clearing that passes for their language, "how many other farms like this one are there around here?"

I vote for expedite, lets dispatch these two and ride for the farm asap.

Souhiro
2011-07-29, 02:31 PM
Nervus tries again to ride his horse. He looks dreadfully into the steed eyes, sits up in the saddle and chase the halforc

[roll0]

Something like this
http://pictures.fanart-central.net/s/Sephiroth/12043.jpg

stack
2011-07-29, 03:04 PM
The orc looks at Carmine with a toothy grin, "Lots. Clubfoot feeding big army."

As he is not trying to gut you, notice the black sun emblazoned on a crimson field adorning his shield. His equipment also looks much newer and of better make than you might have expected.

Nervus
One doesn't leave horses saddled all night. It will take a few rounds to get tacked-up.

All
You should be able to wrap-up here and mount-up to make it to the farm as long as you don't take more than a few minutes (3-5), so you can heal, but might not want to do a thorough looting yet.

Bhaakon
2011-07-29, 04:53 PM
As the group dispatches the last of the orcs and hastily prepares the horses, Carmine does a quick scan of the corpses' armaments.

Not a thorough looting, just seeing if any of them were wielding a useable melee weapon Carmine's proficient with. Other than a club.

Qualia
2011-07-29, 05:59 PM
Sven does his best to get the injured back into combat shape before we press on to the farm and finish the job. "We can take our spoils once they are all dead, their blood spilled in tribute to Gorum."

Channel energy x2 [roll0]

stack
2011-07-29, 07:19 PM
They are uniformly armed and armored, wooden heavy shield with the black sun heraldry, short sword, studded leather, all good quality but not masterwork.

Bhaakon
2011-07-29, 08:19 PM
Carmine picks up a short sword and sheath from a dead orc, attaching them to his belt as he drops his club. He then moves to ready and mount his horse with the others.

Omeganaut
2011-07-30, 11:03 AM
Kyras notes their armament. "They are obviously affiliated with an orc warlord. We should stop this group from causing any more harm as well as reporting back to a superior. After them! We must kill them all!" Kyras races for his mount and hops on. He wheels it towards the village, shouting behind him, "Sven, take care of Thufir!"

Kensen
2011-07-30, 12:57 PM
István thanks the cleric for healing him. He sheathes his sword and mounts his horse.

Alright, let's go!

OoC: Standard marching order, and I assume everyone (except István) is dismounting before we march in? Also, I think it's still dark, so we need torches to be able to see anything.

stack
2011-07-30, 01:22 PM
ooc
You have some moonlight left, but torches would help your sight (light works both ways though)

Bhaakon
2011-07-30, 08:09 PM
I vote no on the torches as long as there's moon light. The guards might kill the slaves if they see us coming.

Omeganaut
2011-07-30, 11:17 PM
Kyras stops the group when they approach the distance they could be heard at. He tells them all to dismount while shushing excess noise. "Alright, we try going in quiet in a group. Istvan and Nervus lead whilst I and Carmine follow. Keep your ears open, as they will probably not have fires. I'm taking a torch that I will light when we engage, but before then it will only draw their attention. Any questions?" If there are no questions, Kyras tells his men to set out, torch in one hand and his dagger in the other.

Roll Perception and Stealth everyone! [roll0][roll1]

Souhiro
2011-07-31, 12:50 AM
"At your orders, sir!"

Perception [roll0] Stealth: [roll1]

"If I can give you an advice, sir, perhaps a "Pincer" strategy, like Istvan pulled out against the gnolls last day, could be more efective. That movement daved my life, indeed!

Bhaakon
2011-07-31, 02:30 AM
Carmine nods and dismounts, fitting a arrow to his bow as he tries to stealthily follow the stalwart front line.

[roll0] stealth
[roll1] perception

Kensen
2011-07-31, 03:47 AM
With the armor I'm wearing, I make just as much noise whether I'm mounted or not. Not to mention I'm doubly as effective when fighting the orcs if I remain mounted...

István remains mounted unless Kyras insists on his dismounting.

Perception: [roll0]
Perception, mount: [roll1]

Stealth (mount or István, the penalty is -3 for both): [roll2]

Qualia
2011-07-31, 08:59 AM
Sven shakes his head as he looks down on Thufir. "Gorum's blade, that orc really did a number on you, didn't he?" He lays his hands on the cleric as he channels more energy into him, attempting to get him back on his feet.

Channel energy [roll0]

Meriss
2011-07-31, 12:57 PM
Thufir coughs and sputters. The dwarf rolls over and painfully rises. "Wha' happened?" he rubs his head briefly.

After Sven explains what happened, Thufir shakes his head sadly, "Guess I'll have ta be more careful from now on, eh?"

He tries valiantly to muffle the noise of his scale mail as the group slinks toward the farm.

Stealth: [roll0] (Ewwwww)
Perception: [roll1] (the nice part about having high WIS)

stack
2011-08-01, 07:12 AM
As you near the farm, a coarse voice calls out a challenge from the darkness. You party was audible, but probably not yet visible clearly (beyond 60').

Everyone who speaks orcish:
"Password, Maggots!"

Souhiro
2011-08-01, 07:26 AM
(Whispering to the raven) "Sorry, Vulcan, but I must do this, I'll reward you"

Nervus quickly pinch his raven, making him "Caw" and releasing it to fly, hoping to bluff the orcs that the noise was just a bird.

stack
2011-08-01, 10:28 AM
Kyras & Nervus:

By the dim light still emanating from the house, you think you can see two orcs, still guarding the house and long building, roughly where they were before. They appear to have bows in hand and shields on their backs.

They do not appear to care about the bird sound.

All:
in game time you have a few seconds to respond. You have longer than that in real life (tomorrow morning to give everyone a chance to contribute)

also 135 XP each for that encounter

Bhaakon
2011-08-01, 03:34 PM
Carmine whispers to the rest, "I can't see a thing in this gloom, but the orc said there's only two of them. Lets just light the torches and charge."

Omeganaut
2011-08-01, 09:29 PM
Kyras nods at Carmine, whispering to Istvan and Nervus. "Nervus, left building guard, Istvan, right building guard, Carmine, help Nervus. Attack!" Then he casts a quick spell on his torch so that it starts burning and moves with Istvan Spell=Spark. Move to or towards A15 on the earlier map, possibly further west, and behind Istvan. If one of the Clerics is with us, I'd tell him to follow me. If both are near, Thufir with me, Sven with Nervus

Souhiro
2011-08-02, 02:23 AM
Nervus nods and do as he's told: He sets his lance against the greenskin, and charge him, hoping to down the orc quickly.

While charging, he musites an orison that was common in his training campment as a good charm, although he don't know what it really means.
"Imperius detritus est"

Initiative: [roll0]
Charge: [roll1] To hit: 4 + 2 of charge.
Damage: [roll2]

Bhaakon
2011-08-02, 04:14 AM
Their chance at stealth lost, Carmine follows Nervus on foot. The warrior's words dredge up some lines of half remembered lore, "illa verba non cognosco" mutters Carmine as he charges his arrow with arcane energies.

move closer to assigned orc and launch arrow if conditions/initiative allow
[roll0]initiative
[roll1] attack if in range (not sure of distance/light penalties)
[roll2] damage w/ arcane strike

Qualia
2011-08-02, 04:24 AM
Sven

The cleric mounts his horse and smiles at Thufir. "We will need to catch our friends quickly, and if we follow our usual practises, I don't think stealth will be an issue when we catch them up. Let's ride!"

Kensen
2011-08-02, 05:01 AM
István nods and prepares himself and his mount to attack the orc. He readies his shield and levels his lance, and as soon as the magical light is lit, he charges!

Init: [roll0]

stack
2011-08-02, 07:18 AM
Nervus's cry ending all doubt in your challenger, he call out,

In Orcish:
Granesh, intruders! Get over here!

You can see him fumble for an arrow in his quiver, but Nervus's impetuous charge causes the orc to instead drop his bow and sidestep, the incoming spear glancing off his armor.

Initiative
First time this has mattered. Orcs got 5, everyone at or above that can take a turn, then the orcs will go, the the rest will take their round 1 actions while the first group takes round 2

Nervus has taken his round 1 action. I won't hold Carmine to his if the situation changes before he can act. Plus "illa verba non cognosco" is hilarious, I'm considering giving xp for that. Very in character.

Distance
You will start about 80' west of the southern orcs, so he can be reached on horseback in one charge, the other is a bit farther, so you can either take a run action to reach him or not get their till turn two.

24 hrs for group one (I will advance the turn if everyone in group one posts sooner).

Omeganaut
2011-08-03, 12:46 PM
Kyras reins in his horse after getting near the orc and aims the dagger he carries at him. He tosses it with a practiced throw, and reaches for his spear-thrower attached to his saddle.

Throwing my dagger at the nearest orc. However, I can't find a map of our current positions, so I'm going to assume I can get within 50ft. Otherwise I would just switch weapons to my spearthrower with a dart in it. [roll0][roll1] Range increment is 10ft on the dagger, so apply appropriate penalties.

stack
2011-08-03, 01:36 PM
Kyras rushes forward, outpacing his allies, and skillfully hurls a dagger into the southern orc. His target drops his bow and draws a short sword, charging forward and plunging it toward the elf , sinking it deep into his side before the others could stop it. Kyras slumps forward on his mount, bleeding and unconcius, then tumbles roughly to the ground.

take 17 damage (confirmed crit for 13, fall off mount for 4 (you had a 75% chance to stay in the saddle, but rolled a 1)). You are unconscious and bleeding, roll to stabilize next turn.

The other orc, still off balance from Nervus's attack, is unable to mimic his companions success.

AllOkay, low initiative folks can take round 1 while high initiative take round two. Someone might want to heal your fearless (and senseless) leader. you have till tomorrow morning, or whenever I get to it. Its only two orcs, right?

map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%22%2C%22initiative% 22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2F tokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22nam e%22%3A%22orc%201%20-3%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A3%2C%22pi c%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F25.png%22%7D%2C%7B%2 2size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc%202%22%2C%22ini tiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2F media%2Ftokens%2F27.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1% 2C%22name%22%3A%22Istavan%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A 0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftoken s%2F30.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22% 3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3 A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22% 2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11%2C%22pic%22 %3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size %22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiati ve%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A13%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F1.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 name%22%3A%22Kyras%20%28-%39%20HP%29%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3 A15%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22act ive%22%3A2%2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.r u%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F131%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char %22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A640%2C%22y%22 %3A64%2C%22template%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3%2C %22x%22%3A64%2C%22y%22%3A480%2C%22template%22%3A3% 7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A5%2C%22x%22%3A672%2C%22y%22%3A6 4%2C%22template%22%3A5%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x %22%3A64%2C%22y%22%3A%396%2C%22template%22%3A7%7D% 2C%7B%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22x%22%3A64%2C%22y%22%3A64% 2C%22template%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22 x%22%3A1%392%2C%22y%22%3A32%2C%22template%22%3A11% 7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A13%2C%22x%22%3A160%2C%22y%22%3A 64%2C%22template%22%3A13%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A15%2C% 22x%22%3A32%2C%22y%22%3A480%2C%22template%22%3A15% 7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)

Bhaakon
2011-08-03, 03:41 PM
"What a hasty waste," mutter Carmine as their leader charges onto the Orc's sword, "nothing I can do to help him." The bard draws pulls back his arrow and fires the magically charged shaft at his assigned target, then closes the distance for his next shot.

if you want to hold me to my previous rolls, that fine. If not, I'll roll again, Attacking goblin at U1
[roll0] attack
[roll1] includes arcane strike

move to K1

Qualia
2011-08-03, 05:57 PM
Seeing Kyras fall, Sven spurs his horse on, racing to reach the elf before death can grasp him, for even from a distance, the wound looked severe. As soon as he gets close, he casts stabalize, whilst challenging the orc in his own foul tongue "Come wretch, I shall make sport with your worthless carcess you son of a dretch!"

Souhiro
2011-08-04, 02:04 AM
In the flank he's attacking, Nervus cannot see what's happening in the other flank (He don't have darkvision) but the screams of Kyras tells him that something wrong has happened. He can only continue fighting, and hope for the best.

On the mount, Nervus' posibilities are less than on foot, but he don't have time for fancy moves. So he just spin the lance a few degrees to gain momentum, and attack the orc with it.

To Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

"I must learn some insults in orcish. Insulting the foes in goblin isn't the same thing!"

Meriss
2011-08-04, 07:07 AM
Thufir hustles into battle beside Sven. He nods sharply to indicate he understands the other clerics battle plan. For if Kyras fell, the team would lose cohesion and soon they would be useless.

He turns his attention to Istavan. The dwarf holds up his holy symbol and begins to speak. "Istavan, I believe in you, as Abadar believes in you, take his power and go!

The dwarf drops his holy symbol back to his side and rushes toward Nervus.

Inspiring Word on Istavan. +2 on Attack rolls, skill and ability checks, and saving throws for 1 & 1/2round. (My cleric level is funtionally 3 for my domain power)
Then moving 20' towards Nervus
map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data={%22CharProto%22%3A[{%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%22%2C%22i nitiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22% 2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22}%2C{%22size%22%3A1%2C %22name%22%3A%22orc%201%20-3%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A3%2C%22pi c%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F25.png%22}%2C{%22siz e%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22orc%202%22%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F27.png%22}%2C{%22size%22%3A1%2C%22nam e%22%3A%22Istavan%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22i d%22%3A7%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.p ng%22}%2C{%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir% 22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A9%2C%22pic% 22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22}%2C{%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A11%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ft okens%2F4.png%22}%2C{%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3 A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3 A13%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F1.png%22} %2C{%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Kyras%20%28-9%20HP%29%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1 5%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22}]%2C%22Scena%22%3A[{%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%22%3A2%2C%22map%22%3A%22 http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F131%2Fmap. png%22}]%2C%22Char%22%3A[{%22id%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A640%2C%22y%22%3A64%2C%22 template%22%3A1}%2C{%22id%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3A64%2C %22y%22%3A480%2C%22template%22%3A3}%2C{%22id%22%3A 5%2C%22x%22%3A672%2C%22y%22%3A64%2C%22template%22% 3A5}%2C{%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A64%2C%22y%22%3A96 %2C%22template%22%3A7}%2C{%22id%22%3A9%2C%22x%22%3 A64%2C%22y%22%3A64%2C%22template%22%3A9}%2C{%22id% 22%3A11%2C%22x%22%3A192%2C%22y%22%3A32%2C%22templa te%22%3A11}%2C{%22id%22%3A13%2C%22x%22%3A160%2C%22 y%22%3A64%2C%22template%22%3A13}%2C{%22id%22%3A15% 2C%22x%22%3A32%2C%22y%22%3A480%2C%22template%22%3A 15}]}&dpi=32&grid=0)

Omeganaut
2011-08-04, 11:05 AM
Kyras groans from his position on the ground, but becomes quiet as the power of Sven's faith lowers the pain.

Do I still need to make a stabilization roll? if so; [roll0]

stack
2011-08-04, 11:18 AM
Sven's ministrations halt Kyras's bleeding while Istavan's mighty charge ends the threat, steadied by Thufir's spell. What was an orc reduced to a lifeless heap by the point of his lance.

Kyras is stabilized, orc is very dead from a confirmed critical.

Nervus's blade can only glance off of stiffened leather as his opponent ducks, then strikes out, catching Nervus in the leg.

take 8 damage

Those near the long building hear muffled voices from inside. The do not sound orcish.

map

24 hours to post next round (Kensen, sorry about proxying again, but the course of action was clear and it worked out well). (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size%2 2%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Nervus%22%2C%22initiative% 22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2F tokens%2F33.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22nam e%22%3A%22orc%202%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22i d%22%3A5%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F27.p ng%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Ist avan%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A7%2C%2 2pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D%2C%7 B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22i nitiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22pic%22%3A%2 2%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3 A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A 0%2C%22id%22%3A11%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftoke ns%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22% 3A%22Carmine%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A13%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F1.png%22 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22name%22%3A%22Kyras%20 %5B-%39%20HP%5D%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3 A15%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22 %7D%5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22act ive%22%3A3%2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.r u%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F131%2Fmap.png%22%7D%5D%2C%22Char %22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A640%2C%22y%22 %3A64%2C%22template%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A5%2C %22x%22%3A640%2C%22y%22%3A32%2C%22template%22%3A5% 7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A64%2C%22y%22%3A44 8%2C%22template%22%3A7%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A%39%2C%2 2x%22%3A1%392%2C%22y%22%3A64%2C%22template%22%3A%3 9%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A11%2C%22x%22%3A32%2C%22y%22%3 A320%2C%22template%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A13%2 C%22x%22%3A352%2C%22y%22%3A64%2C%22template%22%3A1 3%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A15%2C%22x%22%3A32%2C%22y%22%3 A480%2C%22template%22%3A15%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0)

Souhiro
2011-08-04, 02:23 PM
Nervus is still worried, he don't know what's happening with the other guard, and fears for the worst; and cannot raise the voice for fear of whatever is inside the farm, but still, he will do the only thing he can do, the only thing he has been able to do in his whole life.

To fight.

To Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Kensen
2011-08-04, 03:52 PM
Comrades, go free the slaves before it's too late! As for me... Charrrrrrge!

István attacks the second orc.

I didn't know it was my turn yet as my init was only 4 and the orcs got a 5, but as always, feel free to make the rolls for István whenever necessary. :smallsmile: (especially if you roll as well as you just did... :D )

I'm having problems with the map tool again, apologies for that. I promise I'll get it fixed soon enough! Anyway, if charging is possible, that's just what István does. If not, the ab is +7 (+1 included, for higher ground when mounted) and you may need to reroll the damage.
[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Bhaakon
2011-08-04, 04:21 PM
Carmine is about to break for the sounds inside the building when he sees Nervus take a nasty blow from the orc. Instead he maneuvers for a better shot and attacks.

move to O0, activate arcane strike
[roll0] attack +1 for PBS
[roll1] damage +1 for AS, +1 for PBS

stack
2011-08-05, 01:49 PM
The orc drops under the combined onslaught of spear and shaft.

50 XP all around

Now that the tumult of conflict has faded, the night is silent and still. The round silver of the moon is quickly approaching the hills on the horizon and the farm building stand mute and dark. There is still a weak glow coming from the farmhouse, but nothing stirs.

stack
2011-08-05, 02:12 PM
OOC - to keep things moving, I will post search DC's for the various building and what you find in spoilers. Declare where you search and roll perception in the thread, then read what you get. I'll roll for Sven, as Qualia is on vacation.

Farmhouse: The farmhouse is small, consisting primarily of a spartan kitchen and several rows of bunks. A soft glow comes from the dieing fire. There is an open letter, written in orcish, on a desk in the corner. Also on the desk is a book, 'On Agriculture', by A. G. Ricola of Absolom.

DC 10: There is a cellar, stocked with barrels and bags of food stuffs, grains, dried peas, and two barrels of salt beef.

DC 15: Two jars of honey (2 lbs ea.), 2 potions (faint conjuration, DC 16 Perception for sampling)Cure Light Wounds

DC 20: Alchemical silver dagger hidden in the desk

Letter: Gramesh, you're report is promising. I will transfer 20 slaves from the mine to bring in the harvest. You should have them next week, as well as the new tools. - Droth

Round Building: The round building houses the threshing floor as well as additional grain storage not yet in use.

DC 10: bag of rat poison, ingested DC 10, 1d4 CON, onset 1 hr, save every hour, 1 save

Stable: Inside is one average cart horse, somewhat put out by the smoke of your torches. There is also an open pen holding a pair of oxen, ruminating quietly. A plow and cart rest near the wall outside.

DC 10: One empty stall shows evidence of having held a horse recently

DC 15: The stall held a horse only a few hours earlier

DC 20: Masterwork bit and bridle set buried under a pile of battered tack.

Long Building: Inside are rows of bunks, the walls having loops for fastening chains every few feet. Inside are several people, looking at you with a mixture of hope and apprehension.

Guards: Each is armed and armored similarly to the others, good quality studded leather armor, wooden shield painted with the black sun on a red field, plain dagger, and short sword. Both also have longbows and quivers (20 arrows ea).

DC 10: Set of iron keys tucked under armor.

Bhaakon
2011-08-05, 03:27 PM
Carmine searches the guards' bodies, first grabbing their arrows.

[roll0] perception

Souhiro
2011-08-06, 09:57 PM
Nervus will go to the farmhouse. He didn't heardnothing the guards were saying, but he fears there are still slaves... or guards, so he will enter with the spear ready.

Kensen
2011-08-08, 05:32 AM
Clerics! Can you get Kyras back to his feet?

István dismounts and leaves his lance with his horse, Ember*, drawing his sword instead.

Nervus, wait for me. There may be more orcs hiding indoors.

OOC:

*I finally gave a name to the mount. :smallwink:

I guess we'll search the buildings in the order listed by the GM, ie. starting with the farmhouse. Unless anything that might draw our attention happens while we're searching.

Anyway, István takes the book and puts it in his backpack. When he has the time (ie. after freeing the slaves), he'll have a look at the book, seeing if it bears marks of recent usage. If the orcs have become interested in farming, we should mention about it when we report in back at the HQ.

Kensen
2011-08-08, 05:39 AM
Perception [roll0]

(Sorry about double post...)

Souhiro
2011-08-09, 10:08 AM
Nervus draws the dagger "Whooo, shiny! This may be really useful! did you find something, Istvan?"

Then the soldier looks at the letter and starts to read
"It says 'Gramesh, ufgl gaath ogh dem bokoon 20 nyogh...' Sir Istvan, can you read orc? I can't understand a thing!"

Then he goes for the A.G. Ricola book and read it. Especting that, being written in Absolon, it can be in common!

stack
2011-08-09, 08:06 PM
OOC: finish your first search, then tell me what you want to do. Slaves are chained to the wall and you don't have a key.

Nervus:
The book is full of information on various crops, planting techniques, and other agricultural information.

Omeganaut
2011-08-09, 10:24 PM
I'm still in negative hitpoints, so I figure I can't do anything for a while. If I could, I'd make sure everything was searched and gathered, especially the long building, then we would take a bit to recover and then set off again. I'd also have some recording to do about what happened at the farm.

Kensen
2011-08-10, 06:29 AM
István finds no interesting objects, save for the book on agriculture. He concludes his search in the long building where he finds the slaves chained to the wall.

I am István Blacklance. My comrades and I are here to rescue you. Can you tell me which of the orcs has the keys?

To Nervus, he says: Nervus, since you seem to have the keenest eyes in the group, can you check the orcs' gear again, as they may have the keys hidden on their bodies?

István stays with the slaves, sword in hand and ready to defend them. As soon as everyone's finished searching, István suggests that the party make camp in the long building, using healing magic on wounded party members and slaves, and resting until everyone's well enough to travel. He volunteers to take the first watch so that the others can rest as necessary.

Later, when time allows, he reads the letter aloud so that the other characters will also learn what it's about.

stack
2011-08-10, 07:06 AM
OOC: In the OOC thread I rolled Sven's channel energy, assuming anyone who needed it was in range, so Kyras is up and about.

Your characters can talk to each other in game.

Bhaakon
2011-08-10, 04:01 PM
Finishing his rather cursory search of the bodies, Carmine moves on to search the stable.

[roll0]

Carmine then hurries to join the others. "I found a cart and some oxen in the stables, imagine the look on the quartermaster's face if we brought a full load of food and weapons back! Also, there's horse missing. Don't know how long, but I wouldn't want to hang around and wait for the rider."

Omeganaut
2011-08-10, 11:31 PM
Kyras takes a while to recover, since he was rather violently hewed out of the saddle. Even with the energy from Sven, he was rather slow getting up. Still sore, he groggily gets to his feet. Noticing that others are coming out of the Farmhouse and the Stable and entering the long building, he sets out for the round building. "If there is trouble, shout for help!" he shouts to the group, although his injuries make his words less clear and commanding than they have been so far. Tired and still in pain, he makes his way inside, and begins searching.

I'm assuming we use the same roll for every search. If you want another roll besides the one I already made in the OOC, here's one; [roll0]. Also, if you do want to hurry things along, maybe we could take 20's? I also don't know where else to search besides the buildings mentioned and the orcs.

stack
2011-08-11, 09:09 AM
Roll once for each place you search. You can take 20 if you want, though it will take time. You can also roll again in the morning with the daylight.

You can keep searching, then decide what to do next (rest there, leave, build dirt-castles).

Souhiro
2011-08-11, 11:15 AM
Nervus will does as he's told, and go to register the bodies of the orcs. But then, the guilt of the killing strikes him down.

With all the respect he can do to the greenskins, who fought so bravely, he closes their eyes, and covers their heads with their cloaks, shirts... whatever. Then he look at their pockets.

Okay... I think I passed it :)

Nervus comes back wo the prisoner's dungeon, and tries to free them

"Don't worry, we're here to help. We are... well, think about us as some altruist heroes." Then he goes for the one who he seems less scared, and can act as a leader to his (or her) people "How much time have you been here? And... do you think when will come more greenskins? I don't want to wake up surrounded by enemy lances!"

Whatever he's answered, he will think that the expedition must end here, and the ex-slaves have to be carried to our HQ, and then, to the service of our king, to pay her dept with their blood and sweat...to freedom

stack
2011-08-11, 01:00 PM
The slaves are:
A brown-haired young man who looks thankfully at you,
A dark-haired, cinnamon skinned mid-teen girl who only stares at the ground and flinches away from any touch or harsh word
A bald, middle aged man, who's loose skin tells of a former life of greater abundance, who's mouth is gagged shut,
Two dwarves, with auburn hair and beards, who look identical.

All are clad in coarse cloth. They look healthy enough, if not overly fed.

When you gather the slaves together, the young man (early 20's) steps forward and introduces himself. "I am Johan Samuelson. I was a junior officer on a ship out of Augustana, in Andoran. The two dwarfs are the twins, Drogar and Rogar, captured warriors of Lastwall."

The dwarves bow, saying, "At your service" in unison.

"The girl doesn't speak, but she responds to Mouse. We were sold here together, though where she was taken, I don't know."
"That leaves Frank here," gesturing to the bald man, "You may regret removing that gag. He's some bigwig from Galt, or so he'll tell you for a few hours if you give him a chance." The men exchange dirty looks while the dwarves roll their eyes. "I thank you kindly for our rescue."

Drogar speaks, "Well met, friends. I see by your kit that you hail from Lastwall."
Rogar "We left on patrol from Hill gate last here,"
"I was getting to that. We went out on patrol with our officer,"
"Lady DeLaine"
"Let me finish, we were on patrol, standard sweep of the road out to Trunau"
"We were ambushed! With magic."
"There was some sort of caster with them. When we came to, we were bound. We have been working the mines and farms for these monsters since. We know not what happened to lady DeLaine."
"She is a Paladin, long red hair, very pretty, for a human."

When you un-gag Frank, he bows in an overly manner and affected manner, then speaks, frequently making sweeping motions with his hands, "As our youthful compatriot," glare, "Has informed you, I am none other than Magistrate Franc Miteroius, late of the Free State of Galt,, home of liberty and fraternity. We must make haste! My kinsmen languish under the cruel yoke of the reactionary usurpers, undermining the revolution as we speak! I must return immediately and thwart the viillians responsible for my removal and present state!" As he speaks, his officious facade starts to crack, his face growing red with desperation and shame.

Johan speaks-up, "Like I said, from Galt. If you ask him about politics, please kill me first. I though we Andoranians carried on. " The disgust of the two for each other is palpable.

Bhaakon
2011-08-11, 05:41 PM
Carmine privately chuckles at the odd Galtan, "as much as I'd love to sit here and chat about the politics of distant lands, I think we have bigger concerns at the moment. Like whoever took that horse from the stable, and the Half Orc we left a few miles back on the road." He pointedly turns to the two dwarves, "Well met , brothers in arms. I believe that the pair of guards we slew has a short sword, bow, and shield, should you wish to make a triumphant return to your previous profession. Why don't the rest of you help us hook the oxen up to the cart and load it up with anything worth taking."

Omeganaut
2011-08-11, 08:39 PM
Kyras exits the round building, annoyed by all the chaff now in his eyes and stuck over his wound. Not wanting to think about how hurt he might still be, he instead focuses on the long building where most of the party seems to have gone, judging by the voices inside. Walking inside, he is shocked by what he finds. He looks at the chains and knows that they cannot stay here. "Um, hello. My name is Kyras Proculus, and I'm in charge of this patrol. I would love to hear more of your stories, but I took a rather nasty blow felling your guards, and I don't think we can sleep here. Why don't I take you back to where we camped. Sven and Thufir, can one or both of you please come with us, I would appreciate someone who can evaluate any wounds from their ordeal, mental or physical. The rest of you, please check this manor over again, I want to be sure we have everything important that the orcs had. I am afraid we might not have enough blankets from everyone, but we should be able to find enough for everyone."

Unless anyone has something to say, I would be happy taking the former slaves back to our campsite.

Kensen
2011-08-12, 02:56 AM
István listens to Kyras and Carmine and nods. Very well. It would be too dangerous to continue our mission with the civilians tagging along, or to leave them without our protection. So, taking them safely back to Lastwall - or within a reasonably safe distance from here - is the only option I can think of.

It won't do us any good to get greedy here - I say we load the carts with any supplies we can easily travel with, any extra weight will only slow us down. Besides, the half-orc is most likely on his way to get reinforcements, so there's no time to waste. As for going back to our previous campsite - I don't think it's a good idea. The orcs easily found us before, and now that we have more people and animals with us, it'll be even easier to track us, and in the open ground we'll be more vulnerable than here. If we can put some distance between ourselves and them before the sun rises, we should be safe at least until the next nightfall. The orcs seem to be nocturnal creatures, so they'll be less likely to attack us in broad daylight.

stack
2011-08-12, 06:59 AM
OOC Go ahead and continue your discussion. When you have a consensus, we can move on. Or we will move on Monday morning with whatever seems to be the idea by then.

Oh, Sven rolled well on perception, so I'll give the results of the DC 15 or less on the stable and round building.

Souhiro, did you check the DC 10 on the house? You should have found a few more goodies there as well.

Also, I'm proud of you all for not meta-gaming by having Nervus search everything with a high listed DC using his great roll.

Sven informs the others that he found what appears to be rat poison in the round building, but nothing that Carmine didn't notice in the stable.

Bhaakon
2011-08-12, 08:14 AM
Carmine pulls István aside, We can't go back to that camp with that half-breed still in the wind. We've got to put miles between us and this farm before we rest."

ooc: oops, got confused for a second there

Omeganaut
2011-08-12, 08:35 AM
Kyras looks around at the group. Seeing more and more of them turning against his plan, he addresses the slaves. "Are you able to travel a couple miles tonight? We did find a wagon here, but I don't know if everyone can fit on it. I suppose someone else can give up their horse, but I am afraid I can't afford to walk for hours right now with this wound."

stack
2011-08-13, 10:27 AM
The dwarves head out to arm themselves. Johan says, "If you have any other weapons, I can handle a blade. If not I may help myself to one of those bows." He gestures to the fallen guard, being stripped rapidly by his fellow ex-slaves. "I think we can all walk for a bit. None of us bear any great love for this place." He scowls at the buildings.

The Galtan scowls, "Walk? Bah, some rescue this is. Well let us be off then."

"I'll help get the horse tacked and the wagon ready. You want to take anything from here?"

Bhaakon
2011-08-14, 12:43 AM
"Load up what food you can, especially the salted beef, but not so much as to hold us back. The outpost is always looking for supplies." Carmine looks to Kyras, "should we put this place to the torch? I'd like nothing better than to burn this compound and their crops to the ground, but it might draw attention."

Kensen
2011-08-14, 04:32 AM
The fire would distract the orcs for a while, not to mention halt their production of food, though I do not know if our orders permit such a thing, István says to Carmine. But since our mission has been nothing like ordinary patrol duty so far, we may have to improvise. I doubt the orcs will give chase if they're busy extinguishing the fire.

Omeganaut
2011-08-14, 07:48 AM
Kyras looks at the building, trying to judge how important it is to the orcs. "I suppose that burning the building would be a good idea, however, if its possible, lets try and start a fire that's less visible for a while. It'll give us a chance to make some distance, and focus the attention of any orcs following on the burning buildings. And yes, load what food you can find as well of anything of value onto the wagon. That might also be a good place for Mouse and Frank. Frank, while I understand you wish to get back, you will have to sort that out with the commander back at base. Until then, why don't you save your rhetoric so that you can come up with some really brilliant speeches later. I guess we are headed back to Forest Gate, since with orcs this powerful around, we need to prepare more to make it northwards. We can switch out on the horses as we travel so that no one person is doing all the walking."

For marching order, I propose whomever is walking stay close to the wagon. The six horsemen should be divided, three in front and three in back. Nervus or Istvan should be among those up front, as well as one of our clerics, and I or Carmine should be among those in the rear group. Other than that, it depends more on who is mounted.

stack
2011-08-14, 08:32 AM
The extra hands get the wagon loaded quickly. The dwarves have claimed ill-fitting leather armor and short swords while the two men have taken-up the bows of the fallen.

"What of the oxen? Can't leave them to burn. Shall we bring them, free them, or kill them? They'll be no slower than the cart."

cart is 16 mi/day, half what a burdened light horse moves (fyi)

Omeganaut
2011-08-14, 10:24 AM
Kyras thinks of the quartermaster begging for some new food supplies "Let's bring them. It's better than having the enemy take them. However, If we run into trouble, we can't really be running after them later."

Souhiro
2011-08-14, 05:25 PM
Sorry for the Delay. I been driving a LOT the last days!

Nervus then remember something he saw in the farm house.
"Wohoo! TwoJard of Honey! and two Potions of... well, Two "Something Cool" potions! And two barrels of food, A LOT of Food! the quartermaster will be pleased with this!"

He asks Istvan for help, for loading the food into the wagon. It is a LOT of Food!

He also takes a little time to erase some of the footprints of the battle. The less they know about us, the better.

"Sir" - to "I would like to stay behind a bit, erasing our tracks for a few yards. And even then, we should go forming one column, so the orcs won't know our numbers. Just that we are riding on horses, and the stolen wagon.

That's a suggerence. Sir

Kensen
2011-08-15, 03:48 AM
István helps with carrying the supplies. To Nervus, he says: The half-orc is still alive, so it's safe to assume that they know our numbers. Not only that, but also what weapons we have and how we fight.

Therefore, a defensive formation is advisable. With the orcs on our trail, we may be attacked from any direction, so I suggest we distribute our best fighters evenly in our formation, rather than grouping them in one place.

OOC:

So I guess we're setting the buildings on fire. What skill could be used to make the fires harder to spot from a distance? Survival? And maybe Knowledge (architecture)? Or Profession (arson). :smallbiggrin:

As for the formation, I suggest that István be our point man and Nervus be our rear guard. Something like this:

.TdC.
N.c.I-->
.KdS.
d = dwarf
c = cart

stack
2011-08-15, 07:12 AM
OOC - Let's not worry about hiding the fires, by the time they would be seen they wouldn't be hidden anyway. If you still want to, just describe what you try to do as there doesn't seem to be a proper skill, though disable device would be the closest (you can try to set something to fail at a later point using a higher DC).

Meriss
2011-08-15, 12:05 PM
Thufir shuffles around briefly tending wounds and stabilizing any who are injured.

"With yer agreement Kyras I'll stay nearest the wagon, that ways I kin keep an eye on the wounded. Did ye want a space in there fer yerself?"

Once we have marching order solidified I'll drop a channel energy or two to stabilize the wounded and what not.
Channel: [roll0]
Kensen's marching order seems sensible to me.

stack
2011-08-15, 12:38 PM
OOC - so, you are setting fire to buildings and crops, then going back up the road the way you came, correct? I'll give a bit of time for disagreement. Are you planning on stopping to loot the other orcs you killed? You have, let's say two hours darkness yet.

Souhiro
2011-08-15, 04:45 PM
"Hey, Didn't you take the orcs equipment? There will be more orcs soon, and if we don't take their weapons, they will use them to make more slaves, soon!

Bhaakon
2011-08-15, 07:56 PM
We stripped the ones guarding the farm, sure, but we barely touched the ones back at our camp. It's probably worth the time to go back there, but we'd best not linger.

stack
2011-08-15, 08:08 PM
You leave a red glow on the horizon of buildings and fields are consumed. Only the recent rain slows the blaze.

The cart creaks and groans as you travel the road, leaving small ruts in the still-soft ground. Soon, the sight of the ambush draws near. Nothing has changed since you left in great haste hours ago. The dead are quickly stripped, the two human men each taking a sword in case of pursuit, though the Galtan looks unsure of it, strapping it on awkwardly, though he would never admit it. The extra armor is tossed on the cart.

The girl remains silent throughout, rarely lifting her eyes from the ground, though Johan speaks to her sometimes in whispers. He keeps his bow strung, carrying it with steady assurance. The dwarven brothers are in high spirits, eager to avenge themselves on any foe that comes near.

A glow on the eastern horizon mirrors the one on the left. Dawn is not far, and you reckon it will be near four days to reach the gate from whence you sallied.
Any checks or actions while you are here?

Omeganaut
2011-08-15, 08:44 PM
So, I'm going to see if I know anything about Gath or Andorran. I'm just going to make the three checks you suggested. [roll0][roll1][roll2] Also, while I'm rolling, since I understand Pathfinder made track work for anyone with Survival trained[roll3] Kyras, although he still hurts, takes a minute to look over the spot where the half-orc was last seen. Noting the direction he left in, and his probable haste, Kyras returns to his horse. Waving off Thufir, he says "No, I can't take up room there, I should be able to handle riding this horse with the healing I have received so far. Well, we might as well get started, as we have a few days' travel ahead of us!"Note; I'm not trying to rush anyone with their actions.

Kensen
2011-08-16, 03:37 AM
During the brief stop at the previous campsite, István wants to exchange a few words with Nervus.

Nervus, you have a pet bird, correct? Have you, by any chance, taught it to deliver messages? It would help us greatly if we could send a message to the commander in Lastwall...

OOC:

I suppose we'll get started, trying to cover as much distance each day as possible without exhausting ourselves, and using Survival to find a good place for our camp each night.

Guard shifts should preferably be two persons per shift just to be sure - one of the guards should be a PC, but the NPCs can also guard. The dwarves in particular are useful because they have darkvision. For example:

Carmine + Thufir
NPC dwarf #1 + István + Ember the horse
NPC dwarf #2 + Nervus

Bhaakon
2011-08-16, 04:56 AM
Seeing the Galtan's obvious discomfort with the short sword, Carmine walks over and picks up his old club where he'd discarded it earlier. He bites back his sharp tongue and puts on a friendlier face as he approaches the obviously prideful man, hoping to get him to accept a weapon more suitable to his skill level:

"These orcish short swords look decent enough, but they're not really up to human snuff, don't you agree? The blade's far too heavy near the point, and the hilt's rather loose on the tang. Without an orc's monstrous grip, I feel like the damned thing's going to fly apart with every swing. I've got my brother's fine bow and my dagger here as backups, but you'd better take this stout cudgel in case that piece of orcish dung fails you at an inopportune moment."

[roll0] diplomacy check (or is it bluff check? I've got the same modifier in both skills, so the roll works for either).

I'm with istvan, 2 watchers and mix in the dwarves for better darkvision coverage

I'll also take a crack at those knowledge rolls:
[roll1] geography
[roll2] history
er.. no points in local.

stack
2011-08-16, 07:28 AM
A shadow of doubt passes over Franc's face, then he nods. "Yes, of course. Never trust orc craft. Free people do the best work, always. Always."

He shifts the short sword uncomfortably on his belt and hefts the sturdy club. "Very satisfactory. Of course, I was thinking the same thing." He looks glad for the excuse to abandon the unfamiliar weapon.

Souhiro
2011-08-16, 04:07 PM
Nervus answers to Istvan

Sorry, I found it a week ago. I had no time to teach it any tricks, I was thinking to teach it to deliver messages and to watch from us from above, but I didn't have tome for do that. Perhaps when we end this duty...

He then goes for the girl

"Mouse? Well girl, welcome to freedom. (Silence...) Sure, you had to endure many hardships, you can blame fate, gods, even yourself; You mustn't allow yourself to be chained to fate, to be ruled by gods or anybody. Human beings can choose the kind of life that they want to live. What's important is that you choose life... and then live. That's what a great man told me"

Does she react like he understood what was I saying, is she cathatonic, or it's like she don't understand the language?

stack
2011-08-16, 05:34 PM
Mouse watches Nervus as he speaks, her lower lip trembling slightly. She gives a brief smile before turning away and staring off at the horizon.

stack
2011-08-17, 12:01 PM
Jon speaks to Nervus, "I've tried to get her to talk, but I have never heard a word. Maybe now that we are free..." He leaves the thought hanging, his own expression distant in the attempt to forget what has happened.

OOC - I'm going to assume you press on to put more distance between yourselves and the farm. Note that this does leave you without enough rest to regain spells.

IC
You make good time back along the road. The cart bounces and jostles, the horse pulling it resigned to a life of hard work, long broken of any rebellion. The day is bright and clear, yellow sunlight swiftly drying the grass and fields that quickly give way to brambles and overgrowth. The breeze is warm, buoying the spirits of all it touches.

You see no signs of pursuit as night begins to fall. The landscape is dotted with occasional trees and broken with over-grown ditches and the now-familiar ruins of ancient fences.

Make camp, or press on? You have gone 16 miles at roughly 2 mph, leaving three more days of normal travel to reach the wall. If you make camp we can assume that spells and channels are spent to restore everyone to full HP.

For convenience:

Forced March
In a day of normal walking, a character walks for 8 hours. The rest of the daylight time is spent making and breaking camp, resting, and eating.

A character can walk for more than 8 hours in a day by making a forced march. For each hour of marching beyond 8 hours, a Constitution check (DC 10, +2 per extra hour) is required. If the check fails, the character takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. A character who takes any nonlethal damage from a forced march becomes fatigued. Eliminating the nonlethal damage also eliminates the fatigue. It's possible for a character to march into unconsciousness by pushing himself too hard.

Omeganaut
2011-08-17, 02:45 PM
Kyras stops the group when the sun starts getting low in the sky. "Let's set up camp. Drogar and Rogar, would you be up to handling a watch tonight? I'd really appreciate having someone with darkvision on every watch. Keep your weapons close, just in case."Yes, I don't want to push the speed right now.

stack
2011-08-17, 03:27 PM
The dwarves salute crisply, giving a "Yessir!" in unison before helping set-up camp.

Talk and chatter, tomorrow will be another day. A few things - camp fire? Any special things you are looking for in a camp site? (low hills, modest ditches, random trees, bits of stone fence are all available) I have assumed that you have been restocking water in small streams that aren't worth mentioning during your travels.

Bhaakon
2011-08-17, 04:36 PM
"Perhaps we should find a hollow where we can hide the fire, perferably with one of these old walls between use and the road."

Omeganaut
2011-08-17, 08:20 PM
Kyras looks where Carmine is pointing and nods. "Yes, that spot looks good. After last night, let's see if we can avoid getting attacked by being more stealthy."

Kensen
2011-08-18, 03:35 AM
István nods in approval.

Before anyone goes to sleep, István speaks to his comrades and the rescued slaves.

If the orcs are going to attack us, it is likely to occur tonight when we're resting. Keep your wits about. Don't go investigating any suspicious sounds alone. Keep your weapon near you even when sleeping.

István asks everyone assigned to guard duty to walk around the camp site with him, so as to familiarize themselves with their immediate surroundings. He chooses the guard posts so that there's some cover or concealment, allowing the guards to remain hidden.

Does any of you have caltrops, by the way?

OOC: During his watch, István commands Ember to guard, but lets her sleep during the other guard shifts.

Souhiro
2011-08-18, 07:51 AM
"You're at command, Kyras. Our duty is to obey"

Nervus don't have any power that needs to rest, besides his stunning fist, but he thinks that without the spellcasters hidden punch, the party can be at disadvantage.

stack
2011-08-18, 10:04 AM
The watches pass without incident, the still bright moon lighting part of the night. Crickets and fireflies are the only company that present themselves besides the occasional moth investigating the modest fire. The rescuees are glad of the warmth and food, the Galtan and Andoran even setting aside their incessant bickering and baiting.

You load-up again at first light, the animals having had enough time to graze the thick foliage between the last night and this morning.

The road stretches far ahead, still many miles to your objective. All keep a wary eye on the western horizon, alert for any sign of pursuit.

stack
2011-08-18, 10:14 AM
Noon approaches. Light gray clouds have covered the sky, though a repeat of the rain from the other night looks unlikely. You eat a quick bite with little pause as you continue ever East. The day has brought no complaint beyond a bit of saddle-soreness.

Thufir Only:
You spot shapes on the horizon, perhaps mounted. You can't get an exact count, but there appear to be several. ~350 yards behind, on the road

The passing terrain is much the same as you saw the latter part of the previous day, the remains of long lost farms. You are approaching the gutted remains of a group of low stone buildings, perhaps 100 yards ahead, set off the road. Perhaps the sturdier remnants of a small village.

Kensen
2011-08-19, 01:04 AM
The gnoll attack still fresh in his mind, István keeps his eyes peeled for any signs of danger each time they approach ruins or other places where it would be easy to set an ambush.

István leans closer to his mount's head and whispers: Stay alert, Ember.

(Both are taking 10 on Perception, if permitted.)

Bhaakon
2011-08-19, 02:18 AM
Carmine's knuckles whiten around his bow for perhaps the twentieth time that day. The slow pace of the cart wasn't doing them any favors, and all the ruined farms around here made for an abundance of ambush spots. He'd nearly loosed an arrow at a loud ground squirrel or orc-shaped stump on more than one occasion.

Still, the nerves were actin up for a reason, he told himself as he focused in on the newest set of tumbled-down buildings.

[roll0] perception

Meriss
2011-08-19, 10:23 AM
Thufir grumbles darkly. "Lads ye might want to turn yer attention behind us aways. Looks like we got company."

Approximately how long will it take for the figures to get to us?

stack
2011-08-19, 10:54 AM
OOC: At your current pace, you have a 5-6 minutes, assuming they didn't spot you. They have a base speed roughly double yours (mounted, unburdened, verses your cart).

Omeganaut
2011-08-19, 09:26 PM
Kyras turns around at Thufir's warning. He is barely able to make out a cloud of dust, but that could be a mirage. "Well, if you're sure Thufir, we'd better pull off and prepare to defend ourselves. While we don't know that they are hostile, it wouldn't be a bad bet. Lets see about hiding the wagon and the cows behind one of the buildings, and letting them see only a few of us. I doubt a show of force would dissuade orcs from attacking us. Everyone else get in a position where you can help in case of attack. Except for you Mouse, I would appreciate it if you would watch the wagon and our horses and try to keep them quiet. I don't know that we can do anything about the cows though... Any thoughts?"

Kensen
2011-08-20, 12:10 PM
István rides closer to the ruins and tries to see if there are any buildings with big enough holes in the walls for the cart to get in. If it's possible to do so, István says the following:

We should all hide inside one of the buildings over there. The walls offer cover against ranged attacks and the orcs would have to dismount, thus forcing them to fight on our terms. We can position the cart so that it hinders the orcs if they try to enter the building and we can use it for cover, too. If only one or two can get in at a time, their numerical advantage - if any - will not matter. Our archers can take positions near windows and further weaken them before they can get in. If necessary, Ember and I can hide behind a building and take out their archers while the rest of them are trying to get in. If we can get their horses, the rest of our journey will be a lot easier. What do you think, Kyras?

stack
2011-08-20, 04:46 PM
The buildings are far to long gone to have roofs. Only the few with significant stone foundations leave any trace at all. Most of the walls are only ~4' tall, but the middle building (largest one) has ~8' walls.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data64=eyJWaXN1YWxGeCI6W10sIkNoYXJQcm90by I6W3sic2l6ZSI6MSwiaWQiOjEsImluaXRpYXRpdmUiOjAsIm5h bWUiOiJJc3RhdmFuIiwicGljIjoiL21lZGlhL3Rva2Vucy8zMC 5wbmcifSx7InNpemUiOjEsImlkIjoxNywiaW5pdGlhdGl2ZSI6 MCwibmFtZSI6Ik1vdXNlIiwicGljIjoiL21lZGlhL3Rva2Vucy 8zLnBuZyJ9LHsic2l6ZSI6MSwiaWQiOjMsImluaXRpYXRpdmUi OjAsIm5hbWUiOiJOZXJ2dXMiLCJwaWMiOiIvbWVkaWEvdG9rZW 5zLzMzLnBuZyJ9LHsic2l6ZSI6MSwiaWQiOjE5LCJpbml0aWF0 aXZlIjowLCJuYW1lIjoiRHJvZ2FyIiwicGljIjoiL21lZGlhL3 Rva2Vucy80LnBuZyJ9LHsic2l6ZSI6MSwiaWQiOjUsImluaXRp YXRpdmUiOjAsIm5hbWUiOiJLeXJhcyIsInBpYyI6Ii9tZWRpYS 90b2tlbnMvMzIucG5nIn0seyJzaXplIjoxLCJpZCI6MjEsImlu aXRpYXRpdmUiOjAsIm5hbWUiOiJSb2dhciIsInBpYyI6Ii9tZW RpYS90b2tlbnMvNC5wbmcifSx7InNpemUiOjEsImlkIjo3LCJp bml0aWF0aXZlIjowLCJuYW1lIjoiQ2FybWluZSIsInBpYyI6Ii 9tZWRpYS90b2tlbnMvMS5wbmcifSx7InNpemUiOjEsImlkIjo5 LCJpbml0aWF0aXZlIjowLCJuYW1lIjoiU3ZlbiIsInBpYyI6Ii 9tZWRpYS90b2tlbnMvNC5wbmcifSx7InNpemUiOjEsImlkIjox MSwiaW5pdGlhdGl2ZSI6MCwibmFtZSI6IlRodWZpciIsInBpYy I6Ii9tZWRpYS90b2tlbnMvNC5wbmcifSx7InNpemUiOjEsImlk IjoxMywiaW5pdGlhdGl2ZSI6MCwibmFtZSI6IkpvaGFuIiwicG ljIjoiL21lZGlhL3Rva2Vucy8yLnBuZyJ9LHsic2l6ZSI6MSwi aWQiOjE1LCJpbml0aWF0aXZlIjowLCJuYW1lIjoiRnJhbmsiLC JwaWMiOiIvbWVkaWEvdG9rZW5zLzI5LnBuZyJ9XSwiQ2hhciI6 W3sieCI6MjE3NiwieSI6MjI0LCJ0ZW1wbGF0ZSI6MSwiaWQiOj F9LHsieCI6MjI3MiwieSI6MjI0LCJ0ZW1wbGF0ZSI6MTcsImlk IjoxN30seyJ4IjoyMTc2LCJ5IjoyNTYsInRlbXBsYXRlIjozLC JpZCI6M30seyJ4IjoyMjcyLCJ5IjoyODgsInRlbXBsYXRlIjox OSwiaWQiOjE5fSx7IngiOjIyMDgsInkiOjE5MiwidGVtcGxhdG UiOjUsImlkIjo1fSx7IngiOjIyNzIsInkiOjE5MiwidGVtcGxh dGUiOjIxLCJpZCI6MjF9LHsieCI6MjIwOCwieSI6Mjg4LCJ0ZW 1wbGF0ZSI6NywiaWQiOjd9LHsieCI6MjMzNiwieSI6MzIwLCJ0 ZW1wbGF0ZSI6OSwiaWQiOjl9LHsieCI6MjMzNiwieSI6MTkyLC J0ZW1wbGF0ZSI6MTEsImlkIjoxMX0seyJ4IjoyMzM2LCJ5Ijoy NTYsInRlbXBsYXRlIjoxMywiaWQiOjEzfSx7IngiOjIyNzIsIn kiOjI1NiwidGVtcGxhdGUiOjE1LCJpZCI6MTV9XSwiU2NlbmEi Olt7Im1hcCI6Imh0dHA6Ly9ycGdhbWVyLnJ1L21lZGlhL21hcC 8yMjgvaW1nLnBuZyIsImFjdGl2ZSI6MSwiaWQiOjF9XX0=&data=%7B%22VisualFx%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22CharProto%22% 3A%5B%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A1%2C%22initiat ive%22%3A0%2C%22name%22%3A%22Istavan%22%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A17%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2 C%22name%22%3A%22Mouse%22%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedi a%2Ftokens%2F3.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22 id%22%3A3%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22name%22%3A%2 2Nervus%22%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33 .png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A1%39%2 C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22name%22%3A%22Drogar%22% 2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2 C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A5%2C%22initiative% 22%3A0%2C%22name%22%3A%22Kyras%22%2C%22pic%22%3A%2 2%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22% 3A1%2C%22id%22%3A21%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22na me%22%3A%22Rogar%22%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Fto kens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22id%22% 3A7%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22name%22%3A%22Carmi ne%22%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F1.png%2 2%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22ini tiative%22%3A0%2C%22name%22%3A%22Sven%22%2C%22pic% 22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22si ze%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A11%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2 C%22name%22%3A%22Thufir%22%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmed ia%2Ftokens%2F4.png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%2 2id%22%3A13%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22name%22%3A %22Johan%22%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F2 .png%22%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A15%2C% 22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22name%22%3A%22Frank%22%2C% 22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F2%39.png%22%7D%5 D%2C%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22x%22%3A2176%2C%22y%22%3A 224%2C%22template%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%2 2x%22%3A2272%2C%22y%22%3A224%2C%22template%22%3A17 %2C%22id%22%3A17%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A2176%2C%22y%22% 3A256%2C%22template%22%3A3%2C%22id%22%3A3%7D%2C%7B %22x%22%3A2272%2C%22y%22%3A288%2C%22template%22%3A 1%39%2C%22id%22%3A1%39%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A2208%2C%2 2y%22%3A1%392%2C%22template%22%3A5%2C%22id%22%3A5% 7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A2272%2C%22y%22%3A1%392%2C%22temp late%22%3A21%2C%22id%22%3A21%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A220 8%2C%22y%22%3A288%2C%22template%22%3A7%2C%22id%22% 3A7%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A2336%2C%22y%22%3A320%2C%22te mplate%22%3A%39%2C%22id%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3 A2336%2C%22y%22%3A1%392%2C%22template%22%3A11%2C%2 2id%22%3A11%7D%2C%7B%22x%22%3A2336%2C%22y%22%3A256 %2C%22template%22%3A13%2C%22id%22%3A13%7D%2C%7B%22 x%22%3A2272%2C%22y%22%3A256%2C%22template%22%3A15% 2C%22id%22%3A15%7D%5D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22map %22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Frpgamer.ru%2Fmedia%2Fmap%2F2 28%2Fimg.png%22%2C%22active%22%3A1%2C%22id%22%3A1% 7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0), assuming you proceed to the ruins.

Oh, the trees with the red are apples. Its a late-maturing variety.

Map seems to be down. In brief, there is a large 80' square ruin, 20' gaps centered on each side, with ~8' high walls. There is a smattering of other ruins, all smaller and shorter (the original walls where only stone a few feet up, the timber is long gone. Could still provide cover.

stack
2011-08-21, 03:40 PM
Trying photobucket:
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/stack31/map50x31.jpg[/IMG]

Omeganaut
2011-08-21, 10:28 PM
Upon reaching the village, Kyras looks over the area. He nods in response to Istvan's voice, and starts pointing out specific aspects of the building. "Lets put the wagon in the gap between the walls that faces the road. Fighters, I'd appreciate it if you would congregate mostly towards the opening to the west, facing our pursuers, although I'd say we should keep one or two with the wagon. Everyone else stay a few steps back from the openings and contribute with what you can. Let the cattle loose behind the house, we can round up whatever stays close later. Since last time I took the front lines it didn't go so well, how about Carmine do the talking? How's that sound, Istvan?"

Kensen
2011-08-22, 02:31 AM
István eyes the buildings and nods.

Yes, blocking the opening closest to the road is a good idea. If the orcs are smart, they'll send a few riders to circle around the building and if that happens, we'll lose any advantage the walls offer. If we have some rope, we could use the cattle as a meat shield, blocking the opening to the east with them. I doubt the orcs will harm the animals because they need them more than we do. (And if they do, we can still eat them...) I'll remain mounted and ready to fight any orcs that attempt to reach the opening to the south or get past the cart.

Nervus, you're keen-eyed and fleet-footed - could you stay outside for a minute and try to count how many orcs we're facing? Everyone else, help me get the cart and the cattle inside the building!

Bhaakon
2011-08-22, 04:58 AM
"I'll do the talking if there's a need for it, but I'm not much for hand-to-hand. Perhaps I can perch myself atop this ruined wall to parlay, and jump down into cover if things go p...

Carmine trails off, scratching his head and pondering the terrain for a moment. "Actually, I might have a plan. I can conjure up some phantom sounds behind these walls to make it seem like there are more of us, it may be enough to bluff them back down the road. I'll need Nervus to signal just as they're approaching in order to time the casting correctly, and if Sven or Thufir want to lend a bit of divine guidance, all the better*. And Nervus should put that bird somewhere the orcs won't see it. He may not have trained it to deliver messages yet, but they don't know that, and they've probably heard about it from that half orc."

*hint: cast guidance on me for my bluff check

stack
2011-08-22, 10:41 AM
OOC: Go ahead and pre-roll initiatives while you finalize the plan.

I'll wave the climb check for Carmine getting on the wall, assuming he uses the wagon or something for a boost. Probably make it taking 10 anyway.

I'll try to get a useable map. Disappointed in the pyromancers site.

stack
2011-08-22, 11:01 AM
Map of the plan as I understand it:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/stack31/map2.jpg

Souhiro
2011-08-22, 05:15 PM
"Whoa! You have pullled a good plan, and just in a few seconds!

Okay, take it for granted. I'll try to scout and see their numbers, and weapons. I've heard that there are some nice magic tricks that creates an unseen line of communication, do anyone of you know it? IT would be better to deliver the info, that making any noises.

If you don't know that spell, I can do some signals with this small mirror " he pulls it from his Shaving Kit"I hope there will are enough sun for signals. Carmine, I'll reflect the light on you when they're nearly enough for your ghost sound to scare them. Sir Istvan, I'll cast the light on you if they are six or less, and I'll cast the ligh on you, Sir Kyras, if they outnumber us; and finally Thufir, If I cast the light on you that will mean that hey have somebody without visible weapons, so he could be an spellcaster. Then I'll be back.

And guys... someone, please, give a weapon to Mouse! " (If nobody does, he lends her his dagger)

Nervus Initiative: [roll0]
Nervus Stealth: [roll1] (+1 if someone minds on casting Guidance on him before he goes to hide.)
Nervus Perception: [roll2]

As I said, he will look, make a quick signal or two with the mirror, and go back.

stack
2011-08-23, 12:00 PM
Nervus seems six riders approaching, four appear to be orcs, one half orc, possibly the one from the other night, and one that appears human. The orcs and half-orc are attired as the others, leather armor, shields bearing the black sun, and bows, riding bay horses. The human is tall, blond, wearing silver chain, a blue cape trailing behind him.

Nervus returns, un-spotted. When the riders near, the see Carmine on the wall. A shout goes up, the fair-haired man pointing and giving orders. The riders fan out, appearing to attempt to encircle the ruin.

The blue-caped man rides forward, then calls out in an easy voice, "Hello little bird, perched on a wall. What does the little bird see? The cat has come. Let's hear your song."

The riders are two rounds from encircling the ruin. The leader is riding up the road.

Bhaakon
2011-08-23, 04:56 PM
"I believe I see a talking corpse; surely only the soulless animated husk of a dead man would willingly hold court with with these wretched orcs. Oh the skin looks live enough, but its moldering breath assaults the nose even at this range. But worry not, friend, we'll soon have you back in the dirt where you belong. I'd offer a pyre of orcflesh to mark the grave, but I fear it would foul the air for years to come." Carmine sets an arrow, charging it with arcane energy, and takes a bead on the man.

How many are there?
[roll0] knowledge(history) to attempt to recognize any significance in his dress (ie: is it a uniform of somewhere)
[roll1] initiative

ooc: I figure attack him asap, before they surround us. Now that we've seen them being lead by a human, we're not going to get out without a fight

Omeganaut
2011-08-23, 07:08 PM
Kyras shouts out from behind the ruins "Keep going down the road or we will be forced to kill you. Keep moving towards our house and you die!" [roll0]I'm moving to o10, and then Delay/Prepare standard action to use Ear-splitting scream if they come within range, which is 25 feet.

stack
2011-08-23, 07:48 PM
Carmine:
He does not appear to be in any particular uniform or bearing any heraldry.

The man throws his head back and laughs. "An ugly song from the strange little bird. Sounds like you have a quarrelsome flock. My friends here are quite capable of clipping your wings. We will see who's pyre fouls the air. Or you could surrender politely. We feed our servants well enough. I doubt you have that much sense though."

enemy initiative [rollv]1d20+4[rollv]

Souhiro
2011-08-23, 11:53 PM
OOC: Where is Nervus exactly? is for taking a course of action...

-- EDIT --

Can you put the orcs as well?

Kensen
2011-08-24, 01:21 AM
In a hushed voice - so as not to reveal his location to the orcs, István says to Kyras: Only six? Well then, we have a fair chance of winning without casualties on our side, if we fight well. As an afterthought, he adds: The human may well be the spellcaster the dwarves told us about.

Init: [roll0]

stack
2011-08-24, 07:33 AM
The Western two orcs dismount and begin to approach, while the others stay mounted to speed their encirclement.

Seeing Carmine ready his bow, the man laughs again. "I have your answer then. Good, I was afraid I wouldn't have any fun today."

The others have drawn their blades, ready for a fight.

Franc calls to Kyras, "Maybe we should listen. Maybe..." Johan cuts him off, "Stow it and get ready. You know what happens if we go back." Mouse is clutching his arm, hiding her face.

Drogar and Rogar stand silently, steely determination in their eyes, ready to defend the East opening.

Map
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/stack31/map3.jpg

I hope that is where everyone wants to be, more or less.

Before Monsters: Nervus, Carmine, Thufir

After monsters: Sven, Istavan, Kyras

Before monster group, 24 hrs to post.

Kensen
2011-08-24, 07:45 AM
OOC:

There's one extra orc? Orc 3 appears twice on the map.

stack
2011-08-24, 08:59 AM
OOC: Whoops, my mistake.

Ignore the southern dismounted orc, he won't be there when I re-do the map next round.

Souhiro
2011-08-24, 10:46 AM
Nervus makes a grin smile to Orc-3.
"Pst, Sir Kyras (In low voice) which was the worst insult that you could say to an orc? You told me tonight... It was 'Urgh aa Thoa'? Yes? Thank you"

Then, he raises his voice and says to the Orc the insult, hoping to draw the attention to him

"URGH AA THOA!!"

Then he reachs the pockets in his cape and throws him two of his knifes!

Shuriken (Or in my case, throwing knifes with exactly the same stats that a shuriken) can be thrown with Furry of blows. I have some penalty, but no risk = no glory.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

-EDIT-
Confirm Critical Hit with Shuriken 1: 1d20-4

Souhiro
2011-08-24, 10:49 AM
Confirm critical hit above: [roll0]