PDA

View Full Version : Can you do Iaijutsu focus in 3.5?

danzibr
2011-07-15, 12:39 PM
I've made a couple Samurai threads recently and... I can't find Iaijutsu focus anywhere in 3.5. I want to go the CW Samurai to get the Intimidate stuff, but I still want Iaijutsu focus. So I was looking through 3.5 books only to find I could not find Iaijutsu focus.

I googled it but didn't get anything useful. Is Iaijutsu focus in 3.5? If so, where? If not, can you even use it?

Neon Knight
2011-07-15, 01:06 PM
Iajutsu Focus is in Oriental Adventures, a 3.0 book. There is errata for it, but it was never officially updated to 3.5 from what I can find. However, I think the general rule is that if 3.0 material wasn't reprinted or updated, then you can use it as written for 3.5.

Choco
2011-07-15, 01:07 PM
I think the general rule is that if 3.0 material wasn't reprinted or updated, then you can use it as written for 3.5.

This seems to be the commonly accepted reasoning. Check with your DM first though just in case.

MeeposFire
2011-07-15, 01:36 PM
Iajutsu Focus is in Oriental Adventures, a 3.0 book. There is errata for it, but it was never officially updated to 3.5 from what I can find. However, I think the general rule is that if 3.0 material wasn't reprinted or updated, then you can use it as written for 3.5.

That is the general rule though OA was updated in dragon magazine if you want to know.

JaronK
2011-07-15, 02:42 PM
Indeed, OA got a 3.5 update and thus Iaijutsu Focus is quite legal in 3.5. But in general, Factotums or Exemplars are the primary classes for getting the skill, simply because the OA Samurai is a very poor class.

JaronK

Hiro Protagonest
2011-07-15, 02:45 PM
But in general, Factotums or Exemplars are the primary classes for getting the skill, simply because the OA Samurai is a very poor class.

JaronK

You forgot Experts.

JaronK
2011-07-15, 03:05 PM
Most folks don't play NPC classes, so I didn't mention them. Of course, I do play Commoners, but I figured I was kinda rare that way.

But yes, Experts can do it. Human Paragons can too actually, and are quite solid for it.

JaronK

Amnestic
2011-07-15, 07:08 PM
Oriental Adventures had a 3.5 update in Dragon Magazine #318. As there's no update to Iaijutsu Focus* there, it can be assumed that the 3.0 version in OA is valid for 3.5 play.

*The only 'skills' updates were to do with synergy for the OA knowledge skills