PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Animal Companions

SuperFerret
2011-07-15, 01:03 PM
I'm considering making a Paladin/Cavalier (non-gestalt) in an upcoming Pathfinder game. Since both of my classes grant mounts as if they were an animal companion of a druid of the same level as I am, do these levels stack?

Candleke
2011-07-15, 01:40 PM
If it says specifically something like "your class level with any that also grants an animal companion/ mount stack for the purpose of determining ability's".
Or something like that then yes if not, then just ask your DM, to grease the wheels right up a little backstory and at the end of it ask him.

subject42
2011-07-15, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately, I think you're going to look like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8z7mNSOdWs0/S-kUX1R0pzI/AAAAAAAAAP8/Ttlvnu4XrFA/s1600/Riding+2+horses.jpg

Zolthux
2011-07-15, 03:55 PM
Unfortunately, I think you're going to look like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8z7mNSOdWs0/S-kUX1R0pzI/AAAAAAAAAP8/Ttlvnu4XrFA/s1600/Riding+2+horses.jpg

lmao.

Also, I do not think they stack unless there's a clause that explicitly says they do as mentioned above.

I suppose that you could choose your mount for your lv5 pally divine bond and it would hlep compensate?

CTrees
2011-07-15, 04:15 PM
They stack. The only other reasonable interpretation is that you get two, which could be fun for a chariot, if you could get it ruled that you were mounted while riding it. Unfortunately, I've never seen a rules system for chariots that wasn't either horribly clunky or give them the maneuverability of a housefly, neither of which are quite right.

Also, get a megaloceros! It's a giant, prehistoric moose! Charge into battle on your mighty moose, for justice!

*cough* Um, got a little over excited, there.

SuperFerret
2011-07-15, 04:28 PM
I was thinking a Triceratops, since Pathfinder has them available, and the setting is mostly dinosaurs.

I'll talk to my co-DM (I'm actually main DM, but another player plans to step in occasionally) about whether he thinks it's fair. I'd say they do, but no one else seems to be interested in any of those classes, and I'd feel weird making a houserule for myself.

Either way, I can just take the weapon option of divine bond. Or do a double mount thing. That could be pretty cool.

subject42
2011-07-15, 06:44 PM
They stack.

Could you please quote or link the rule for that? The only reference to paladins I can find on the Cavalier's SRD page is for channel energy.