PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e Bloodline] Planar Tied (PEACH)

Welknair
2011-07-15, 03:29 PM
The long-awaited Angelic and Demonic Bloodlines! All hail! I hope that this'll live up to expectations. Note: This bloodline is meant to replace the Angel, Demon and Devil bloodlines given in UA.

Planar Tied
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/139/b/9/Good_vs__Evil_by_Sugargrl14.jpg

Long have the denizens of the outer planes mingled with mortals. The results of some of these meetings are evidenced by Half-Celestial and Half-Fiendish entities. Children born of such a parent are certain to inherit some manner of supernatural gift. Some manifest all at once, becoming an Aasimar or Tiefling. And then some instead develop their powers over time. Those are the Planar Tied. Fiendish Tied often have small horns and occasionally a tail. Celestial Tied seem to have a slight glow about them.

Level
Minor
Intermediate
Major1 Tied Skill 1 +22 Tied Skill 1 +2 Birthright (Protection from Good or Evil)3 Charisma +14 Tied Skill 1 +2 Birthright (Protection from Good or Evil) DR 1/Good or Evil5 Tied Affinity +26 Charisma +1 Birthright (Daylight or Deeper Darkness)7 Intimidate +28 Birthright (Protection from Good or Evil) DR 1/Good or Evil Sword of the Heavens or Hells9 Wisdom +110 Tied Affinity +2 Birthright (Consecrate or Desecrate)11 Tied Affinity +412 Charisma +1 Birthright (Daylight or Deeper Darkness) DR 5/Good or Evil13 Sense Motive +214 Intimidate +2 Birthright (Heal or Harm)15 Strength +116 DR 1/Good or Evil Sword of the Heavens or Hells Greater Sword of the Heavens or Hells17 Tied Affinity +618 Wisdom +1 Wings19 Tied Skill 2 +220 Tied Affinity +2 Birthright (Consecrate or Desecrate) Celestial Transformation/Fiendish Metamorphosis

Tied Skill 1-2 +2: Angels and Demons are different. *Gasp*. They diverge a bit on what skills they find useful. Celestial Tied gain a +2 on Diplomacy and Heal for their 1 and 2 whereas Fiendish Tied gain a +2 on Bluff and Hide.

Birthright: The Tied inherit a number of powers from their Outsider parents. Depending upon whether they are a Celestial or a Fiendish Tied, these powers will differ. When they first gain Birthright, the Tied gains an Aura of Good or an Aura of Evil with a level equal to 1/4, 1/2 or 1X their level, depending on bloodline strength. They additionally gain access to a number of spell-like abilities usable once per day. These abilities have a caster level of 1/4, 1/2 or 1X the Tied's level, depending on bloodline strength and saves are based off of Charisma.

Damage Reduction: Outsiders are tough. Mortal metals tend to be ineffective against them unless they are properly aligned or made of special materials. The Tied inherit some of this resilience. Celestial Tied gain Damage Reduction/Evil whereas Fiendish Tied gain Damage Reduction/Good.

Tied Affinity: The Tied are good with dealing with Outsiders of their kind. Celestial Tied gain a bonus on all social interaction checks with Good Outsiders and Fiendish Tied gain a bonus on all social interaction checks with Evil Outsiders.

Sword of the Heavens or Hells: Good fights Evil. Evil wars against Good. It's how things are. The Tied take up the war of their parents. All attacks made by the Celestial Tied are treated as Good-Aligned for purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction while all attacks made by Fiendish Tied are treated as Evil-Aligned. In addition the Tied may make a Smite attempt once per day against a creature of the opposing alignment (Celestial Tied Smite Evil, Fiendish Tied Smite Good), adding their Charisma modifier to the attack roll and an amount of damage equal to 1/4, 1/2 or 1X their level, depending on bloodline strength. If the Tied has a Major Bloodline, at level 16 they gain the ability to Smite 3/day and for one of those Smites to be a Greater Smite, immediately casting Dispel Good or Dispel Evil on the target if successful.

Wings: It's a roc! It's a skyship! No, it's a Celestial Tied with a Major Bloodline who's at least level 18! The Tied sprout wings and gain a fly speed of 50ft with Average Maneuverability. Celestial Tied gain white, feathery wings whereas Fiendish Tied either gain corresponding black wings, or bat-like wings.

Celestial Transformation/Fiendish Metamorphosis: The Tied have completed their journey. They are now as close to an Angel or Demon as a mortal can get. They are treated as Outsiders instead of Humanoids, though they can still be resurrected. They gain Low-Light Vision and Darkvision out to 60ft. Lastly they permanently emanate a Magic Circle against Good or Evil depending on whether they are a Celestial or Fiendish Tied. The CL equals their level and the save is Charisma based. This Circle is always focused outwards and may be suppressed or reactivated as a Free Action.

Lineages: The Fiendish and Celestial are pretty much Lineages. I just didn't feel like writing them as such given that there were only two.

I was trying to be thematic and representative of what these Outsiders are, not replicate all of their abilities. Hopefully I captured their essence sufficiently.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-15, 05:24 PM
What? Your views are narrow on this; T'would have been better if you had something for the other planes. Still, awesome.

Welknair
2011-07-15, 05:27 PM
What? Your views are narrow on this; T'would have been better if you had something for the other planes. Still, awesome.

I was thinking about that myself, but upon further contemplation I realized something: I don't know much about the Lawful and Chaotic planes. And hell if I'm going to make unique classes for every plane - I'd only consider it with those groups. But what people really wanted was support for the children of angels and demons to replace the aasimar and tiefling and I think that's what I made.

I'm also threes special abilities away from finishing Lord Gareth's request.

Shadow Lord
2011-07-15, 05:30 PM
I was thinking about that myself, but upon further contemplation I realized something: I don't know much about the Lawful and Chaotic planes. And hell if I'm going to make unique classes for every plane - I'd only consider it with those groups. But what people really wanted was support for the children of angels and demons to replace the aasimar and tiefling and I think that's what I made.

Ah. Then continue as is, Gareth.

Tiniere
2011-07-15, 05:32 PM
It's great but, I really don't understand the point. Since Celestial, Devil and Demon bloodlines already exist, it just seems kind of redundant. Mind you, I MUCH prefer your bloodline design to the others. It's some very nice work!

Welknair
2011-07-15, 05:34 PM
It's great but, I really don't understand the point. Since Celestial, Devil and Demon bloodlines already exist, it just seems kind of redundant. Mind you, I MUCH prefer your bloodline design to the others. It's some very nice work!

Ah, I guess I should explain at the top. This is a remake, just like my Dragon Descendant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204586) was a remake of the draconic bloodlines and my Titankith (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11285712#post11285712) was a remake of the titan bloodline.

Daverin
2011-07-24, 03:04 PM
Awesome! It is another good fix/bloodline. Keep it up, Welk!

Welknair
2011-07-24, 06:49 PM
Awesome! It is another good fix/bloodline. Keep it up, Welk!

Thanks! I have quite the list of bloodlines to make now. Including, but not limited to:

Engineer Bloodline
Harrowed Bloodline with a better premise than that I originally thought of
Vampiric Bloodline
Lycanthropic Bloodline
Magitech Bloodline (I'm making them for everybody else's subsystems. Why not my own?)
A couple more joke bloodlines
Elemental Bloodlines
Giant Bloodlines
Shadowcasting Bloodline
Minotaur Bloodline

I don't know if I'll be able to get to all of them, but I certainly can try.

Daverin
2011-07-24, 07:40 PM
A minotaur bloodline? I'd love to see that! Although, I can see quite a bit of overlap with the titankith (also, I'm sure I'll be somewhat worried to see how it works... :smalleek:)

Welknair
2011-07-24, 08:07 PM
A minotaur bloodline? I'd love to see that! Although, I can see quite a bit of overlap with the titankith

Yeah, that could be a problem. Though I did play up the Titan's SLAs, which means I could come up with a bunch of minotaur and strength-related features to replace those. Though Powerful Build would likely still figure largely in the bloodline. Maybe some ability about Bull-Rushing?

And if you're wondering about how Minotaur Bloodline individuals are made... Well... Half-Orcs.

Lord_Gareth
2011-07-25, 02:05 AM

This makes me excessively happy.

ForzaFiori
2011-07-25, 02:13 AM
Wings: It's a roc! It's a skyship! No, it's a Celestial Tied with a Major Bloodline who's at least level 16! The Tied sprout wings and gain a fly speed of 50ft with Average Maneuverability. Celestial Tied gain white, feathery wings whereas Fiendish Tied either gain corresponding black wings, or bat-like wings.

Small typo. The bloodline gains wings at lv 18, not 16. Otherwise, this is just as epic as all the rest of your bloodlines. You never fail to impress me man.

Welknair
2011-07-25, 09:30 AM
This makes me excessively happy.

I believe that was when I was working on your Quisling (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11425550#post11425550).

Small typo. The bloodline gains wings at lv 18, not 16. Otherwise, this is just as epic as all the rest of your bloodlines. You never fail to impress me man.

Woopsie. Fixed. And thanks.:smallsmile:

donnjon
2014-05-02, 01:30 AM
how'd this get to the top after being dead this long?