PDA

View Full Version : Evil God/Goddess of plants/forests/trees?

maximus25
2011-07-15, 10:24 PM
Basically an evil Mielikki? Is there one?

I feel the need to explain.

In our latest game, we encountered a forest fire that one party member had set like 6 sessions ago, when my old character was still alive (It was a big forest). We decided, since almost all of us can fly, we should fly over it. We went for almost 24 hours, because we were still pretty far from the fire when we started flying. The DM didn't really tell us we had made it over the fire, but whatever, and he had us make will saves for fatigue. We all failed, and he said we fell asleep, but I said wait a second, I'm undead, I shouldn't be allowed to fall asleep I'm immune to it. He said that I should still have to sleep after that kind of strain so I didn't fall apart. I didn't feel the need to argue further because he is the DM after all. So we fell asleep and started falling. One of the other members just hit the ground, taking 6 damage total, not to bad. It was diminished because he had his wings out and just sort of glided. I fell into a tree, the only not ash and cinders tree in the entire forest. I don't have a diety yet, having been seperated from the world for 3 million years (Temporal Stasis, don't know my backstory yet, DM made it up.) I felt I should take this as a sign that some Diety had protected me so I have devoted myself to discovering some kind of diety to worship.

So, does anyone know of an evil diety whose portfolio could support this?

ImperatorK
2011-07-15, 10:42 PM
First - Your DM doesn't know the rules. As an undead you ARE immune to fatigue and you DON'T have to sleep. Call him out on it. Immediately (or the next time you meet him :smalltongue:)! You've got cheated. Seriously. :smallannoyed:
Second - What setting are you playing? You've mentioned Mielikki so I will assume FR for now.
Third - Is your character in any way responsible for the burning forest? If yes then you could take Malar. He doesn't care for nature, only for the hunt and bloodlust. If not, then think about Silvanus. He's neutral, but he allows evil worshipers and cares only about the nature.

Pokonic
2011-07-15, 10:46 PM
I dont remember any evil gods of plants anywhere, but Silvainus is often seen as hostile to people,and it is true. Also, at least one of the minor deitys in his domain is evil,so he has no issues with good or evil,in any case.Malar, I think it was.

maximus25
2011-07-15, 10:46 PM
First - Your DM doesn't know the rules. As an undead you ARE immune to fatigue and you DON'T have to sleep. Call him out on it. Immediately (or the next time you meet him :smalltongue:)! You've got cheated. Seriously. :smallannoyed:
Second - What setting are you playing? You've mentioned Mielikki so I will assume FR for now.
Third - Is your character in any way responsible for the burning forest? If yes then you could take Malar. He doesn't care for nature, only for the hunt and bloodlust. If not, then think about Silvanus. He's neutral, but he allows evil worshipers and cares only about the nature.

I'll call him out on the fatigue, but if I don't sleep I couldn't have been saved by the tree so maybe it was a storyline thing? I don't really know what setting, doesn't matter he allows all dietys and stuff. Someone mentioned Silvanus, but he was nuetral, so I didn't know if I was allowed. I might look into it.

Pokonic
2011-07-15, 10:49 PM
I'll call him out on the fatigue, but if I don't sleep I couldn't have been saved by the tree so maybe it was a storyline thing? I don't really know what setting, doesn't matter he allows all dietys and stuff. Someone mentioned Silvanus, but he was nuetral, so I didn't know if I was allowed. I might look into it.
Meh, Silvanus is hard assed to the point that a tree is worth more than a village. Somthing like what happened to you is not out of the question.

maximus25
2011-07-15, 10:53 PM
Meh, Silvanus is hard assed to the point that a tree is worth more than a village. Somthing like what happened to you is not out of the question.

Hooray. Now I can be as religious as the rest of the party. One guy worships Talos, and he is the one who lit the forest in the first place.

ImperatorK
2011-07-15, 10:57 PM
Hooray. Now I can be as religious as the rest of the party. One guy worships Talos, and he is the one who lit the forest in the first place.
Here you can have a problem. Talos is Silvanus' enemy.

maximus25
2011-07-15, 11:00 PM
Here you can have a problem. Talos is Silvanus' enemy.

But we aren't clerics or anything. Nothing will make us fight each other. Unless the gods decide that we need to fight and tell us to.

Pokonic
2011-07-15, 11:01 PM
Woo.

Now, how devoted do you want your charecter to be? Just the occasinal ritual or try to become as devoted as possable?Also, is that forest fire going out anytime soon? Because it is probably your best bet to get rid of it if you want to stay on good terms with the Forest King.

On a lesser note, what kind of undead are you playing? Because corrupting the wilderness will get you smited by the local druids and servents of your god, regardless if you worship him or not.

maximus25
2011-07-15, 11:05 PM
Woo.

Now, how devoted do you want your charecter to be? Just the occasinal ritual or try to become as devoted as possable?Also, is that forest fire going out anytime soon? Because it is probably your best bet to get rid of it if you want to stay on good terms with the Forest King.

On a lesser note, what kind of undead are you playing? Because corrupting the wilderness will get you smited by the local druids and servents of your god, regardless if you worship him or not.

Well, he saved my life, so super devoted. Not like a fanatic, but just before that. I won't force my religion on anyone or anything. It doesn't seem like it's going to go out, but one other guy has dust of dryness with 20K gallons of water so I can put it out with that if he allows. I'm playing a wight, so I don't really corrupt nature, I don't even have any spawn yet.

ImperatorK
2011-07-15, 11:07 PM
O, yeah, totally forgot about that. You can't really worship a nature god if you're undead. Your DM can handwave it if you ask him nicely, but RAW you can't.
Also, it doesn't matter that you're not clerics. This two gods don't like each other very much. You will have to fight. your god maybe doesn't give you anything for your prayers, but he can give you bad luck or outright smite you for consorting with the enemy.

maximus25
2011-07-15, 11:10 PM
O, yeah, totally forgot about that. you can't really worship a nature god if you're undead. Your DM can handwave it if you ask him nicely, but RAW you can't.
Also, it doesn't matter that you're not clerics. This two gods don't like each other very much. You will have to fight. your god maybe doesn't give you anything for your prayers, but he can give you bad luck or outright smite you for consorting with the enemy.

I'm sure he'll just wave it away.

So if they don't like each other, the DM never has to find out, does he?

Just out of curiosity, does Talos have problems with Tiamet or lolth? Or will any of these gods conflict with each other or mine?

Pokonic
2011-07-15, 11:11 PM
Well, he could worship him,it all depends on how negitive energy and undead work in his game, but the Talos thing is going to be a issue,no matter how you roleplay it.

maximus25
2011-07-15, 11:15 PM
I'm not sure I could take on the worshipper of Talos. I don't even think we would want to fight.

You see, I'm also monster classed into succubus, for boosting my CHA, which currently is at 44.

The first time the worshipper of Talos saw me she fell in love (Oh yeah, he plays a girl character because Sea Hags have to be girls.) I rolled randomly to see what gender I would be. I rolled odds so I'm a girl as well. She is in love with me and junk, so I don't think even Talos could make her fight me.

ImperatorK
2011-07-15, 11:21 PM
Awww, Romea and Juliet. She's from the Silvanus cult and the other she is from the talosians. And their in love. What drama. :smallbiggrin:

You could say so earlier. How can we help you if we don't know anything about your character?

maximus25
2011-07-15, 11:23 PM
Well, I'm a recent convert to Silvanus.

I didn't realize it was so important lol.

Pokonic
2011-07-15, 11:38 PM
Aww, how sweet.:smallwink:

Also, never underestimate the gods and there habits for screwing up things/relationships that where working fine, particualy in Forgotten realms.

maximus25
2011-07-15, 11:40 PM
Lol how sweet, yes, quite.

But it's not really a relationship, she is in love with me, but I'm a succubus, which means I can basically make her my sex slave. I don't really love in the traditional sense.

Pokonic
2011-07-15, 11:44 PM
Oh. Wait. Evil game. Forgot.

maximus25
2011-07-15, 11:57 PM
Oh. Wait. Evil game. Forgot.

Lol yeah.

So as long as the DM doesn't find out these two gods hate each other with a fiery passion, this should go fine right?

maximus25
2011-07-16, 04:34 AM
Nothing else?

NecroRick
2011-07-16, 06:34 AM
Was going to suggest some kind of refluff of Poison Ivy as your deity, but hey.

Yora
2011-07-16, 06:38 AM
Talona isn't exactly a plant deity, but she's one of Talos' gang of evil nature deities that might fit somehow.

Talya
2011-07-16, 06:41 AM
Aww, how sweet.:smallwink:

Also, never underestimate the gods and there habits for screwing up things/relationships that where working fine, particualy in Forgotten realms.

I didn't realize Joss Whedon was an FR deity.

maximus25
2011-07-16, 09:21 AM
Talona isn't exactly a plant deity, but she's one of Talos' gang of evil nature deities that might fit somehow.

Might fit?

Pokonic
2011-07-16, 09:29 AM
I didn't realize Joss Whedon was an FR deity.

Heh.
Well, someone is Ios boss.

HunterOfJello
2011-07-16, 09:30 AM
How about Zuggtmoy the Demon Queen of Fungi? She's a powerful demon from Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss. She could be thankful because you set fire to a forest full of unicorns and nice, kind, happy creatures who were all now going to die painful deaths. In the end, her fungi would take over that area and be able to breed true on the dead creatures, plants, and everything destroyed by the fire.

A fire deity who is happy that the forest was destroyed might be a better bet.

Yora
2011-07-16, 10:09 AM
Might fit?

Talona is the goddess of disease and poison and one of the evil nature deities. There are some groups of druids and rangers who serve her and it might fit an undead character.
Malar would be a more direct evil counterpart as an evil hunter deity, but he's more about evil monsters and dangerous animals, which might not fit the character that well.

Flame of Anor
2011-07-16, 11:46 AM
Lol how sweet, yes, quite.

But it's not really a relationship, she is in love with me, but I'm a succubus, which means I can basically make her my sex slave. I don't really love in the traditional sense.

You're an undead succubus? I didn't know that was even possible.

Pokonic
2011-07-16, 11:55 AM
Its not. Yeah, you should already be a servent to Orcus or something, because outsiders cant be undead, no matter how you handwaved it.
If you are a undead demon, only someing like a direct blessing from the demon prince of undeath can realy explain how you managed to become a undead outsider, let alown a demon.

maximus25
2011-07-16, 11:06 PM
Its not. Yeah, you should already be a servent to Orcus or something, because outsiders cant be undead, no matter how you handwaved it.
If you are a undead demon, only someing like a direct blessing from the demon prince of undeath can realy explain how you managed to become a undead outsider, let alown a demon.

It says nowhere in savage species, page 195, that taking monster class levels in succubus made you an outsider. Look it up.

hamishspence
2011-07-18, 03:40 AM
Quite a few undead can be made from outsiders. As I recall, the MM has pit fiend skeletons.

There's a "lichfiend" variant of the lich in Libris Mortis, to get around the usual notion that liches have to be humanoids.

So- it's possible to be an undead fiend.

ImperatorK
2011-07-18, 04:20 AM
It says nowhere in savage species, page 195, that taking monster class levels in succubus made you an outsider. Look it up.
Huh? Then what does that fat bolded "Outsider (chaotic, evil)" under the "SUCCUBUS/INCUBUS (DEMON)" mean? :smallconfused: