PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Need some clarification for the KotSS PrC.

The Ogre
2011-07-16, 12:47 AM
I'm a bit confused about the wording of the Knight of the Sacred Seal's Patron Vestige ability and have two particular questions.

1. It states, "You can bind other vestiges in the interim, as normal for the binder class, but you gain no additional benefits from those pacts." Does this mean that I can't use the granted abilities of other vestiges that I bind excluding my patron vestige or does this refer to something else?

2. When it states, "You are never at risk of making a poor pact with your patron vestige." Do I automatically succeed on the binding check whenever I attempt to bind my patron vestige?

Tsuzurao
2011-07-16, 07:31 AM
I think the first part is saying that vestiges other than your patron work as normal, without the patron vestige bonus.

As for the second, it is indeed saying that you auto-succeed when binding your patron.

Psyren
2011-07-16, 03:09 PM
1. It states, "You can bind other vestiges in the interim, as normal for the binder class, but you gain no additional benefits from those pacts." Does this mean that I can't use the granted abilities of other vestiges that I bind excluding my patron vestige or does this refer to something else?

"No additional benefits" means you only get the benefits you would normally get from these vestiges (meaning their powers and so on.) What you don't get, is anything labelled "patron vestige."

2. When it states, "You are never at risk of making a poor pact with your patron vestige." Do I automatically succeed on the binding check whenever I attempt to bind my patron vestige?

Yes, which means you are never subject to the "Influence" portion of that vestige's entry.