PDA

View Full Version : Lego streams through his Backloggery! Vote on which game I start with!

Legoshrimp
2011-07-16, 11:59 AM
My backloggery: www.backloggery.com/legoshrimp
My Stream: www.justin.tv/legoshrimp

So first, what is backloggery?
"Play a lot of video games? If so, there's a good chance you've accumulated a backlog over the years. Sure, you've been meaning to go back and play them but it seems like there's always something getting in the way. Work? School? Family? Even those pesky new games that keep coming out before you've finished the last one. How are you supposed to keep up? Never mind trying to get through the old ones in your backlog!

What you need is a little motivation. What gamer doesn't like to look over their stats and celebrate the milestones as they progress toward a goal? That's where we come in. We'll keep track of everything for you so you'll know what you've done and what still \needs your attention. Inputting your games is quick and easy. No slow, endless lists to search through. Just type it in and go!

You just might discover a lot of great games that were swept aside long ago. And best of all, you already own them!"

So I plan to start working on beating games on my backloggery, which game I play I will leave up to you. I will of course try to beat whatever game is chosen for me, but if I get really frustrated with it I might put it on delay for something else.

At this time I have no capture card to stream games from my console's so the games to vote on are my unfinished PC games.

So what game should I start with. If no one votes I will probably end up starting with Thief: Deadly Shadows, or Cthulhu Saves the World.
So far suggest games are
Mass Effect
Red Faction: Guerilla

Also when would it be best for me to stream? My schedule is pretty open right now so input would be great.

I may also stream some of the other games I am currently playing. Right now they are Fallout: New Vegas, and Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale.

Folytopo
2011-07-17, 02:25 AM
I would vote for the thief game first if you were predisposed. It makes decent viewing. Recetter would be better as a series of screenshots in a lets play I think with maybe one or two streamed sessions given the length and that a lot of the game is inventory management. New Vegas would have many bits that make for good steaming. You should save a few choice quests or bits of dlc as things to stream. Optional quests that not everyone does or an interesting part of game play. You can safely skip many parts of the game from the stream.

Frankelshtein
2011-07-17, 04:38 AM
I'm not sure which list I'm looking at, so forgive me if I'm giving invalid suggestions.

Batman is simply pure entertainment.

The campaign of Modern Warfare 2 is a fun jaunt, plenty of explosions to go around.

The Mass Effect series seems like would be fun to stream (get input from chat regarding Paragon/Renegade decisions :D)

Red Faction: Guerilla strikes me as another crowd-pleaser. It's like Half-Life 2, only with less narrative and atmosphere, and more explosions and destruction!

If I had to cast a specific vote, I'd go with RF:G, simply because I think it would make great stream material.

Maeglin_Dubh
2011-07-17, 07:23 AM
Modern Warfare: 2 has a rage inducing end-game bossfight involving nothing but QTE.

It's not really a worthy payoff for the rest of the campaign.

Legoshrimp
2011-07-17, 12:04 PM
Your right I should have specified this (and will edit it in in a bit), but mostly I am looking at my unfinished PC games, because at this time I don't have any way to stream from my xbox 360(or any console game). Also yeah RPG games like ME I plan on leaving how I play it in terms of alignment up to you guys.

Legoshrimp
2011-07-19, 01:59 PM
Alright so I am going to test quality on the two games that have been sugested today.
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Red Faction: Guerrilla

So if you want to see a specific game vote for it today, I plan on streaming the first few hours tomorrow.

Tychris1
2011-07-20, 02:33 AM
Brutal legend is my suggestion
PLAY.IT.ALL.

Spartacus
2011-07-20, 02:35 AM
Just Cause 2.

Legoshrimp
2011-07-20, 02:08 PM
Alright I am probably going to start streaming RF:G later today my guess is at 5 or 6 est.

Edit: Also streaming Dungeons of Dredmor right now!
Edit: Streaming Red Faction: Guerilla now