PDA

View Full Version : Carallion [IC]

Pages : [1] 2 3

EvilMageTim
2011-07-16, 12:16 PM
OK ladies an gentlemen here is the IC thread, I'll need everybody's character sheet and then we'll start.
Players:
1. Hazuki: Nixia the Thief-Acrobat
2. Zarae: Ariali the druid
3. Smith, John: Adin Bear the druid
4. GFawkes: Daeron the Whiteclad
5. Onimaru: Torvald the shadowcaster
6. Trufflehound: Edgar the bard
7. Aneurin: Galiron the rogue
8. Splynn: Oberyn the psychic warrior
9. Sparrow: Samuhl the psion
10. Godur: Belea the favored soul

EvilMageTim
2011-07-16, 03:43 PM
Waves lap against the side of the Argent, a merchant turned passenger ship, heading to the port city Swardnaw in the country of Anabastia.
Men:
You wake up in a large room on the starboard (right) side of the ship. This room seems to have been the mercenary quarters when the ship was a merchant vessal.
Women:
You wake up in a small room on the port (left) side of the ship. It smells as the room was previously occupied by vegetables of some kind.

Hazuki
2011-07-16, 04:04 PM
Nixia rolls off of the top of her covers, already dressed for the day in her armor. She didn't like this ship, the scents offended her nose and it was nothing like the other ships she'd been on. She grabs the quarterstaff from underneath her bed, checking it over briefly before smiling. "A fun way to start the day..." She whispers to herself, before she starts banging the end of her quarterstaff against the inner wall of the ship, intent on waking up everyone on the other side.

0nimaru
2011-07-16, 04:21 PM
Torvald wakes with a start at all of the banging and looks around himself nervously. He abruptly rolls out of bed, throwing the blanket aside as he does, and lands on the floor in a crouch. After a moment where he appears to be listening intently, he checks over his few possessions.

All here. Nobody has been in here. If they were.. they replaced everything with duplicates. Clever of them, if they were here at all.
He then dresses in his robe and cloak, gathers his items into his pockets, and listens at the door to his room.

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 04:33 PM
The banging on the wall rudely interrupts Samuhl's trance followed by the little elf yelling, "" Would you stop that banging, I am definitly not a morning person and you don't want to see me when I'm angry" She says with her devilish smile as she fixes her hair. "Why do you insist on making so much noise, an elf may not need sleep but we do like to relax sometimes." By now her hair was done and she was putting on her robe. Moments later she had managed to have everything she needed on her person. The continuos banging on the wall also woke her trusty guard dog Fluffy up as well. By now the hound was barking at the wall. His tall wagging like he had just drank a double shot of expresso. "Fluffy, be silent." With that the dog laid down and fell asleep again. "Damn hound, never shuts up."

Hazuki
2011-07-16, 04:42 PM
Nixia stops her assault of the wall with a smile directed at Samuhl. "Aww, I'm sorry, cutie pie." She says, no sarcasm in her voice. "I'll stop it now, okay?" She asks, as she returns her quarterstaff to its place against her backpack.

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 04:54 PM
"Cutie pie?" Samuhl said, "You just called me, cutie pie? I will destroy your body and feed the remains to the sharks swimming around the boat as we speak. But yes, please do stop that banging, thanks." There was no sarcasm in her voice either. She obviously didn't like the thief's remark.

Hazuki
2011-07-16, 05:02 PM
"Oh, you are just adorable!" Nixia laughs. "Is your mommy on board? Because I'm tempted to just snatch you up right now!" She makes sure that one eye is on the door, in case anyone decides to burst in, demanding to know who had been banging.

0nimaru
2011-07-16, 05:07 PM
Ear to the door, Torvald listens to the conversation outside and thinks to himself in a voice loud enough to carry.
Interesting.. a priestess of the shark goddess.. looking for unwilling sacrifices. And some sort of terrifying person snatcher who turns people into pies? Or she thinks they are already pies and are talking to her, and are fit to be snatched. The more I learn the more interesting my shipmates are.

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 05:14 PM
"My mommy?" Samuhl changed to a fake feeling of sorrow, "My mommy died when I was about 50 years old." Then she changed to an evil voice, "I killed her with my own mind. And I will do the same to you if you don't stop underestimating my power." She then changed to a cute little girls voice, "Okay? Also I believe someone is intruding on our conversation." She walks over to the door and opens it. "Great the sharks love human males," she says deviously.

Hazuki
2011-07-16, 05:22 PM
"Ahh, kids. I must remember to have one of my own some day." Nixia says fondly to herself, watching Samuhl pull the door open but otherwise not looking interested.

0nimaru
2011-07-16, 05:26 PM
Torvald abruptly straightens up as his door is opened.
Now that is some trick there. How is it you can reach the door knobs from way down there? Regardless, you seem predetermined to mindless shark feeding which I just can't sit idly by and watch. As such, I'll be on deck not watching. Good day to you.

With that, Torvald steps carefully past the small elf girl and will make his way to the deck, clutching his book to his chest.

Zarae
2011-07-16, 05:29 PM
((is it alright to have already been on deck? if not will go back an edit))

Ariali had been up for a while, the unusual elf on deck watching the stars thru the quiet night and sunrise as it approached. burgundy hair was loose to blow in the soft sea breeze. her tanned olive skin appeared golden brown with the morning glow of the predawn contrasting the rest of her light colored wear. gold orbs looked out onto the waves and into the distance, deep in thought, the small simple cloak wrapped around her shoulders.
soft thudded noises alerted her to the others now moving about.

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 05:32 PM
"Don't go, sit down stay awhile," with that, Fluffy wakes up and gets in front of Torvald, barking. "I insist, we need to get to know each other better." The girl's devilish smile was back.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-16, 05:42 PM
A large, burly, bearded man walks up to Samuhl and Torvald in the small walkway between the rooms.
"Och, Watch yerselves. Now outa me way the Cap'n needs ta see me

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 05:46 PM
"Fluffy heel." With that the dog moved out of the mans way and sat at her left side. "Good boy," she turned back towards Torvald. "We will talk later. I think I will go up to the deck as well"

Hazuki
2011-07-16, 05:53 PM
Nixia, sensing a pattern in the people around her, checks her limited possessions are still with her, before squeezing past Samuhl and her dog in the hallway, in a rush to get on deck.

Balance, to make sure Nixia doesn't bump into anyone as she runs on to deck and stops.

[roll0]

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 05:57 PM
Samuhl whispers into Torvald's ear, "Wouldn't it be funny if I animated her clothes? Tee Hee." She petted Fluffy and slowly follows Nixia[^insert edit here] bumping into as many people as she can.

Edit: skips down the hall after Nixia.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-16, 06:45 PM
Nixia:
You glide through the crowded hallway and up the stairs without touching a soul.
Another large sailor carrying possesions of a couple who could afford a private room steps out into the hallway right into Samuhl's path.

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 06:54 PM
Samuhl stops and goes into little girl mode because he blocked Sam's view and she lost sight of Nixia, "Sir, could you help me find my mommy. She is a young human women that adopted me."

Aneurin
2011-07-16, 06:54 PM
Galiron, looking muzzy from sleep, crosses the room, opens the door and leans out of it to call to the people outside.

"What's going on out here? Are we under attack? Is someone being tarred and feathered? If not, then what in the name of any five gods you care to name is with all the damn noise?" He looks around somewhat blearily before continuing grumpily. "The snoring was bad enough, but this is intolerable."

Is this early morning, mid-morning, late morning, afternoon, evening or night?

Edited for coloured speech.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-16, 07:05 PM
The sailor looks at Samuhl, nods, and asks "Is she on the deck young lass?

Time:
early morning

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 07:07 PM
"Yes mister, I think she said that she needed some air. Could you bring me to her?" She says, disgusted on the inside that she has to be so stereotypical but not showing it on the outside."Oww, my ankle. I think I twisted it skipping down the hallway. Could you carry me to her?"

EvilMageTim
2011-07-16, 07:26 PM
The man, already encumbered, sighed. Allright lass, let me rearange these things.
The man carries Samuhl onto the deck, forcing anybody in front of them to either go on deck or into a room.

Trufflehound
2011-07-16, 07:33 PM
Edgar gruffly says, "Lackey! I want tea at nine. Cudgel anyone who disturbs me before then. I donīt care how much they want to feed me to sharks, I need my sleep."

Tim Lackey puts on his traveling cloak, picks up his quarterstaff and sets guard outside the door of the quarters.

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 07:38 PM
After the sailor sets Sam down she says, "Thank you mister, my ankle is feeling better now. I can find my mother from here, thanks again." She turns around with a smug look and sees Nixia. She walks over making sure to show a little limp. When she reaches her she says loud enough to make a scene, "Mother, why didn't you wait. I said I only would need a minute to get ready. Don't you love me. I twisted my ankle trying to find you," then she lowers her voice so that only Nixia can hear. "You wanted to be a mother, now everyone here thinks you are a bad mother. And you know, people are so gullible her. I just got a free ride from a dude who was already carrying several things. This little girl thing might not be so bad after all. And my ankle is fine by the way." Then she switched to her sweet voice, "See, we'll be best friends by the time we leave this ship." And she gave Nixia a hug for the crowd that is probably now watching and then said, "It is alright mommy, I forgive you."

Aneurin
2011-07-16, 07:43 PM
Galiron sighs, and pinches the bridge of his nose and says, largely to himself: "Blow this for a, uh, cup of coffee? Ugh. I hate mornings."

He wanders back to his bed and dresses, strapping a dagger in an ankle sheathe to his, well, ankle, but leaving the other weapons and the rest of his (heavier) gear by his bunk. He makes a point of checking he has a deck of cards in his pocket, though, before leaving the room and heading out onto the deck in search of the galley and coffee.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-16, 07:52 PM
Several large men bump into Lackey and grumble about a fool who should stay in his room

Ship Locations:
rooms: directly below deck
galley: under the rooms in the bottom in the ship (run by gnomes)
deck: ...well, the deck
captain's quarters: back of the ship on the deck

0nimaru
2011-07-16, 08:01 PM
Torvald makes his way carefully among the sailors on deck, bending in odd and amusing ways to avoid touching any of them while constantly clutching at his dark book. When he makes his way to the helm, he speaks directly to the helmsman,
Hello, ship director person. I am shocked to find that the other passengers are terrible shark priestess and pie-consumers. Would you happen to know how much longer we'll be at sea?

In a lower voice, but still audible to any within 5 feet of him, Torvald mutters,
Brilliant. I am so cordial and enjoyable. I will show how polite and agreeable I can be, and everyone will not-so-secretly trust me!

He then stares back at the helmsman as though his last statement was not said aloud.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-16, 08:20 PM
The helmsman stares oddly at the man talking to him (and to his self) "... Uh... Well sir I'd say we'll get to port in a few hours around midday, although I cannae help you with your friends trusting you."

Zarae
2011-07-16, 08:29 PM
the elven girl standing on the bow (the very front i think) turned to watch everyone as the numbers were multiplied. so far none had said much to the shy Ariali or paid her heed.
Leaning against the rail, again, she watched the water below.

((not sure what to write yet till something happens or interactions occurs))

Trufflehound
2011-07-16, 08:31 PM
Once Edgar is again asleep, Lackey tends to the mule. He then goes up to the deck, sticks his head in the galley, and softy asks, "Might you boil up a spot of tea for a feller, he needs it about nine?"

0nimaru
2011-07-16, 08:38 PM
Torvald's eyes widen in surprise for just a moment, and he quickly composes his face and mutters again,
By the Shadow.. this man is a burgeoning mind reader. By that confused look on his face he doesn't know it just yet. He may be useful in the future...

Staring at the man, Torvald smiles brightly and says directly to the helmsman
Thank you, that is very helpful of you. Perhaps someday I shall meet you again.. when you have truly discovered yourself.

With that, Torvald makes his way back to the side of the ship and stares out at the waves.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-16, 09:00 PM
Lackey:
A gnome runs up and hands him a pot of tea and a cup "It's hard not to hear that sod shouting, so I made it ten minutes ago."
Torvald leaves the man very confused, but he remains steering the ship

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 09:06 PM
"Goodbye for nowmiss, I have spotted another elf with which I wish to speak with," and with that Sam walks towards Ariali, limping incase someone was looking. "Hello miss, I believe I have seen you on one of the lower decks. May I ask your name?" the little elf said maintaining the poor injured little girl cover until the proper time.

Bluff Check to Fake Injury

1d20+5

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 09:26 PM
Bluff Check to Fake Injury

[roll0]

Zarae
2011-07-16, 09:30 PM
the girl turns to the approaching steps, a warm smile on her face. like all elves she is as beautiful as any fey, but their was another otherworldlyness and exotic essence to her.
her dress was simple, a black top of leather and tied in the front, a wrap skirt of green fabric and knee high leather boots, sias tied into the straps. in her burgangy locks is a strand of beads with a few down feathers. a thin choker of bone and turquoise beads adorn her neck.
"Ariali," she nodded acknowledging the other elf, "of the Silver Shadow Clan."
she thought for a minute trying to remember correct etiquette, "amacc saaan, Well met."

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 09:39 PM
"The Silver Shadow Clan? If you don't mind me asking, what is that? I love learning new things." Samuhl said with a curious look on her face with her head tilted at an angle.

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 09:50 PM
The Silver Shadow Clan Knowledge Local Check

[roll0]

Zarae
2011-07-16, 09:52 PM
tucking a few loose strands behind a pointed ear, "just a small clan of us Sy-tel-quessir who dwell on a distance Island. ," there was more to that but she didnt devoldge much on her clan. Deep down she missed them. Realizing her face could be easily read, she looked up to the other elf, "your name? may I ask?"

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 09:56 PM
"I am Samuhl Da'len." She said in a normal voice."And I am a psion."

Zarae
2011-07-16, 10:03 PM
Ariali thinks a moment, still largely unfamiliar with the outside world. She seamed stumped at first, then as if the lightbulb clicked.
"oh! um, mind magic! different from magic of nature," an implication of herself, "deities, or of studying."

Trufflehound
2011-07-16, 10:05 PM
Edgar gets up and dresses after having his tea. Coming out onto deck, he sees the two elves.

"Hurt your leg already! Girls like you shouldnīt be out on deck on this ship. Slippery, as you might have noticed, and I heard people get sacrificed to the sharks here."

Holding his hat in his hand, he leans over the edge to watch his reflection in the water.

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 10:08 PM
"I twisted my ankle downstairs. I'll be fine after I walk it off. But thank you for your concern kind sir." She was thinking, Wow, I can't believe how easy this is.

Zarae
2011-07-16, 10:13 PM
"not much more dangerous than anywhere else."
its hard to be stuffed into a room below- its much more free and opened on deck, the quiet lapping water of waves washing upon the sides of the ship calming. the soft sea breeze, not to mention the stars in the dark and the brilliant light of the moon shining down.
She looked over to the other elf's ankle, "there are healers aboard."

Trufflehound
2011-07-16, 10:14 PM
He slowly smiles and looks at Sam.

"You walk off... ankle sprains? Iīm no healer, but that canīt be healthy. But as you will. I wonīt offer you the use of my mule."

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 10:15 PM
"Truth is, I kinda like the attention that people give me. I am pretty spoiled." She said, hoping that this other elf would leave it be. She didn't want anyone to have to accidently go overboard right now. "They let you bring a mule aboard, I had such a hard time getting my dog aboard, how did you manage that?"

Trufflehound
2011-07-16, 10:17 PM
"Fishing for sympathy is all very nice, as long as you donīt go overboard"

Trufflehound
2011-07-16, 10:18 PM
"Oh, and the mule? Flash fancy-looking papers, talk fast. Nothing to it."

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 10:19 PM
"With all due respect sir, I'm not the one who was leaning over the edge. You were. If anyone would go overboard, its you." Sam then leaned against the railing seeming satisfied with her argument. "Well I guess someone such as yourself could convince someone to let a mule aboard. And do you by any chance have the time?"

Zarae
2011-07-16, 10:22 PM
i was just about to ask that...

her question had been spoken already by Sam, she too looking expectantly to the male. the behavior of the others strange to her. but she watched the interaction with interest, as if trying to learn.

((sorry, im a slow typer))
she looked over to the horizon calculating the time which she gives to the elf..

Trufflehound
2011-07-16, 10:24 PM
"Donīt worry about having friends in the right places; just donīt have enemies in the wrong places. I made an... accounting error on some fishmongerīs guild papers, and thatīs why Iīm on this ship right now."

"Think itīs a bit past nine - thatīs when I was supposed to get my tea."

Edgar abruptly walks off and leans over the other edge of the ship.

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 10:26 PM
"Careful sir, you may slip," She said as he leaned over. "We wouldn't want that."Then she turned back towards Ariali,"So, he is a strange man. I think I've heard of the Silver Shadow Clan before but I don't remember much." She winked at Ariali as if she actually did know something.

Zarae
2011-07-16, 10:43 PM
((man?:smallconfused:))

Ariali looks with an 'oh?' look, curious now. The aloof girl not thinking much of the wink.
"I am not surprised. My clan does not meet with outsiders and are always moving."

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 10:51 PM
"Maybe you could tell me more about your clan some other time, perhaps once I have actually earned your trust. I fear, once you get to know me, that will take longer than you think." She said thinking what would happen once she revealed her true self. Many people had already died because of such an instance.

Zarae
2011-07-16, 11:03 PM
she looked into Sam's eyes, her head slightly tilted (much like a puppy would) in thought.
"what makes you say that?"

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 11:09 PM
Sam stares directly into Ariali's eyes as well, the elven girl calmly says, "Everybody has dark secrets. Most likely, you have a hidden secret also."She then looked down at her ankle, rubbed it and then looked back up. Then she grinned and said,"Am I wrong? I guess I should stay out of your business though, because we have only just met. Now if you would excuse me, I need to speak with someone else now. I will talk to you again when we dock." With that she left, she walk behind Torvald and said, "Hello, mister. May I have a word?"

0nimaru
2011-07-16, 11:31 PM
Torvald turns around and stares down at the small elven child. She is young, but he's heard enough today to see the age in her eyes.
*Have* a word? Small child, we do not possess words like animals in cages. We take them, and release them outwards like doves formerly in cages, sending them forth to take root in people's ears, like seeds in cages. Does that answer your question?

Sparrow
2011-07-16, 11:43 PM
"Okay, wise guy, listen up. Before when you thought I was going to sacrifice the human women, you bailed. I would of done the same. But many people on this boat are socializing, including myself, yet you aren't. Why is that?" She said, asserting her demonic voice into her words.

0nimaru
2011-07-16, 11:59 PM
Torvald puts his right hand in the air, finger extended and wiggles it back in forth, still clutching his book to his chest with his left hand.
Tut tut tut, little girl. I'm a *smart* guy, not a *wise* guy. Otherwise I wouldn't have a smart-guy badge in my trunk downstairs. I don't pay those guild dues for nothing.

Torvald straightens abruptly and stares slightly to the side and below the elf child's face.
One does not need to speak to be social. Running around threatening all within earshot only lets them infer more about you and as such reduces your overall advantage over them in these said social situations. Now if you'd like to keep blathering on and threaten more people with sharky-nastiness, that is your choice.

Torvald then smiles brightly and looks back into the girl's face.

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 12:07 AM
"For someone who isn't a wise guy, your deduction skills are pretty good. I think you and I may not be so different." She said as she turned and looked over the sea, "Beautiful, isn't it. So many sharks just waiting for food." She stood there smirking, waiting for a response while she took in the open ocean.

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 12:31 AM
Torvald stares wistfully out to sea for a moment before abruptly responding.
I'd tell you the geopolitical history of this route and explain to you why there are no sharks waiting in the water, but I don't have to time to want to talk to say all of that, so I'll remain silent. Perhaps you'll do better finding like minds among other of the passengers.

After this, Torvald falls silent.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 12:47 AM
Port in sight! the helmsman bellows.
The captain, a flashy man, walks out shouting What's all the shouting, I've got a hangover that would drop a dwarf!

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 02:07 AM
Finally. I've waited a while for this.

Adin Bear lumbers up on to the deck, relying on his stature to get him through. J.D. follows along, eager for a bit of fresh air after rooming with men and half orc.

Upon reaching the surface, Adin looks puzzledly to the left.
Port.... is in sight.
He glances to the right.
Starboard is too. Now, how much of the drink our dear captain just mentioned survived last night?

GFawkes
2011-07-17, 02:08 AM
Daeron slid down from the rigging, having tranced earlier in the night. He wasn't quite sure why he'd been sent here, the only detail he'd been given was to "do what was needed".

Not much of a seafaring elf, he was excited to get to port. Something about some of the other passengers seemed a bit off. Or maybe that was his stomach. Either way, landfall was within sight.

Balance check to go down the rigging.
[roll0]

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 03:28 AM
Adin looks around the deck, taking a quick measure of the passengers. Spotting the unoccupied Daeron, he gives a shout of
Hey, you. Yeah, you.
and shambles over, J.D. in tow. Rather loudly, he says
Seems like we both slept through the meet and greet. Which I can't figure, seein' as you're an elf. Anyways, what chu thinking about the likes of that city off port? I ain't never properly been in one of any size as far as I recall. You look a bit more... civilized. Figure you know your way round such places and such...
He trails off rather awkwardly, obviously out of his element among people.

Godur
2011-07-17, 03:32 AM
Belea rolled over to her back and looked around the room she had been sleeping in. No one here. Judging by the light of the room she could guess the reason. She let's out a low groan and rubs her face with both hands "Dammit. Overslept again..."She mumbles before getting up from the bed to stretch and get ready.

Once she's sure she has all her things Belea quietly begin to make her way up to deck, trying to not get in the way of the sailors, or anyone else.
There she realized just how much she had overslept. "Way past dawn...Oh well" She mumbles to herself as she slip past the captain to move to the port side of the ship.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 04:07 AM
Nixia, who had been busy watching the rigging of the ship and the many ways in which she could traverse them, even momentarily thinking of pole jumping up to one of the ropes to show off, decides that now would be the time to get Sam. Moseying over to behind her, she plants a large, wet kiss on Sam's cheek, before swinging her up into her arms, carrying her like a baby. "Why hello my cutie little cuddle bunny!" She laughs, rocking Sam from side to side. "We're gonna be at port soon, you know!"

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 07:44 AM
"Hello, mommy," Sam said disgusted, "How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not a pie? The other passengers are starting to wonder if you want to eat me." She said giggling, now even more disgusted at what she was saying. But she thought about the benefits of having someone else who wouldn't let anyone touch her and then she wasn't as displeased. Plus, this lady may do anything Sam asked her to do. She had to test this theory, so she looked up at Nixia and politely said, "Mommy, when we dock, could you get me a toy, like a teddy bear or something?"

Trufflehound
2011-07-17, 08:26 AM
Edgar strolls back over. "Now how many mamas have you got, missy? Someone really should have a word with your father." He looks around for a moment, walks up to Adin, and says, "Good day, sir. I think, if we treat each other decently, we could be friends." And in a lower voice, "Just trust me and avoid that girl."

Aneurin
2011-07-17, 09:00 AM
With a yawn, Galiron emerges onto the deck, looking around. He does not have any coffee.

"So, what are we shouting about this time? And last time, too, actually. It's too early in the morning for anyone to be shouting,"
As he asks, he strolls across the deck to one the ship's rail on the port side, turns and leans back on it, and removes the pack of cards from his pocket and begins counting them into suits to make sure they're all there. The cards look new and in pristine condition, should anyone care to note their condition.

OOC: Edited for colour. Again. I'll remember eventually.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 11:26 AM
"Why, of course we can." Nixia smiles warmly. "But I'm a poor woman, seeing as I have to raise you as a single mother." She says, raising her voice. "I don't think I'll even be able to afford a bed tonight."

Bluff roll, hoping to get somebody to give her some moneys. :smalltongue:

[roll0]

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 11:54 AM
Samuhl then realizes what is going on, "Your right, mommy. We might have to sleep on the streets and steal left overs from trash cans." Then whispers in Nixia's ear, "I want half of the cut." Then she started crying, which no ethical person could resist.

OOC: Does that count as aiding another on the bluff check?

Godur
2011-07-17, 12:29 PM
Belea looks around after a brief journey into her own mind, ditzing to herself as she often did, and sees Galiron nearby on the ships railings, leaning against it. Seeing the deck of cards Galiron was playing with reminded her of Niles, how he always had a deck of cards with him. She leans against the railing a few feet away, before shuffling over next to Galiron. "I've always liked cards. Can you do any tricks?"She asks, a shy smile embracing her features.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 12:34 PM
The captain stumbles over, apparently he had already found more rum, weeping "Soooo sad!" he takes a moment to cry into his arm "Me mum 'ad tah raise me on 'er own too, it was 'ard for 'er an I." Then he runs into his cabin and brings out a large, jingling pouch of what appears to be the fares paid to ride the ship. "'Ere take it its the least I can do fer ya"
With that the captain runs back into his room and from the sound of it he is bawling now.
the pouch contains 30 gold

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 12:37 PM
Nixia takes the coinpurse with a smile, immediately stashing it with a free and nimble hand. "I'm sorry sweetie, but mommy will have to take care of the money. You're too young to be handling these things by yourself." With that, she puts Sam down and goes to stand next to the burliest sailor she can find.

Zarae
2011-07-17, 01:29 PM
the young druidess remained in the front, even as they neared closer to port. Her eyes grew wide at the sight, her first time having seen a city.
then a small white owl flew down and landed on her shoulder and began preening her feathers.
"I wondered when you intended to join back up."
Rhayne looked up to her, back to deck then continued her business.
"can you believe it? a city!"

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 02:45 PM
Samuhl looked offended and yelled so everyone could hear."But mommy, thats not far, you never give me anything. Your supposed to take care of me." She then put her hands to her face and started to cry.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 02:48 PM
Nixia slumps down into one of the corners and starts to sob quietly. "I...do...all...I..can..." She gasps out loudly in between sobs, acting the over-stressed mother.

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 03:05 PM
"Do you think gambling away our house is all you can do. Maybe thats why your boyfriend left you." She said still sobbing into her hands. Then when Sam was sure everyone was watching, she walked up to Nixia and said, "Its alright mommy, I know you love me," and then she hugged Nixia. She couldn't believe that this had come to this, but she hugged her tight to make the crowd feel sorry for her. Then she said so softly that even Nixia barely could hear, "Your move."

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 03:14 PM
Nixia's eyes fly wide open, as she jumps sideways and away from Sam, backing up to the mast of the ship, an accusing finger held out at the small elven girl. "Wh-where am I?" She cries out. "Sh-she did something to me! I'm a noble!" She yells, holding her hand with her signet ring on in the air. "I was just...I was just minding my own business when I saw her! Somebody! Get her away from me!"

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 03:22 PM
"Wh-what are you talking about? I'm just a little girl. How could I d-do any thing to y-you? I didn't do anything to you." Sam said in quick response. Even she was surprised that the women had said what she just did. But she avoided making eye contact with anyone but Nixia.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 03:29 PM
Nixia stays standing with her back to the mast, pushed tightly against it, waiting to see how the other people on deck would react.

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 03:39 PM
Torvald pulls out a bit of half-eaten food from deep within his robe and finds the nearest place to sit. He munches the food contentedly while intently watching this scene unfold.

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 04:10 PM
Adin responds to Edgar, in a voice that should have been quieter
Looks like you might be right bout that. But don't you worry, I tend to avoid children. Or, children tend to avoid me. Whats this one done, asides from make a fool out of her momma?

Splynn
2011-07-17, 04:32 PM
(I missed that this had started x.x; I'll try and fix it, though! A bit long, but I have time to make up for.)

He'd remained below. He hadn't talked to anyone. He wasn't truly so gruff as that. He enjoyed the company of others, truth be told. Though he knew from the get go that others had eyed with suspicion; most did until they got to talking with him.

But the waves... the rocking. He could barely keep down his stomach; he wasn't sure that letting words out would help all that much. At the call that port was in sight, though, he smiled as best he could. The idea of land calmed his gut enough.

Gathering what possessions he had, he slowly and steadily made his way to the deck. Standing seven and a half feet tall, he had to crouch a bit as he made his way.

But once there he stood tall and proud, awaiting the shore as patiently as he could.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 04:36 PM
A military looking man in a white suit of armor with gold inlay, moves towards the commotion and shouts thinking to protect a noblewoman from a thief or thug.
Pushing his way through the already growing crowd, he then is confronted by a young girl and a woman holding a signet ring in the air.
"What's going on... here?

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 04:54 PM
"This...thing did something to me." Nixia says to the military man, lowering her hand. "Get her away from me, or me away from her."

Diplomacy:

[1d20+4]

Also +whatever I get for having the signet ring and actually being a noble.

Zarae
2011-07-17, 05:09 PM
Rhayne kept looking back to deck, the commontion growing. Eventually, even Ariali couldnt miss it. She stepped lightly making her way over to the source of the action. the owl took flight to a spot above everything.
walking over to (whoever wants to reply back) someone and tapped them on the shoulder, "what's going on?" she whispered.

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 05:11 PM
"I swear I didn't do anything to her, mister"

Diplomacy Check:
[roll0] +Whatever I get for actually not doing anything to her.

Splynn
2011-07-17, 05:16 PM
After coming onto deck he realized quickly that some sort of scuffle was going on. Having not the slightest idea of what was going on, Oberyn looked over the heads of those milling about to spot a woman holding up a signet ring.

He wasn't feeling his best, but nonetheless gears started clicking. Noble meant money. And that was always something he was on the watch for.

He turned to see a small elven girl asking about what was going on. He shrugged to her.

"Not rightly sure, I'm afraid. Seems that boy is attacking that noblewoman. I think that armored man should be able to sort it out, though.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 05:17 PM
"Oh really now?" (going off of john's roll and sparrow's) You'll have to come with me miss. The man, a paladin working for the Council of Teryth, attempts to put manacles on Nixia.

Zarae
2011-07-17, 05:21 PM
Ariali slipped thru to see, confused, "the human is the elf's mother?" she asked, "that is a strange family. i have seen human children of elves but not the other way."

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 05:25 PM
Adin goes to join Ariali and Splynn

I think you might be on to something miss. That man over yonder says to watch out for the little elven girl. Might be more to this situation than our shiny protector realizes...

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 05:32 PM
Torvald joins the confused dirt-elf (ariali) and Splynn, opening his book to a page roughly 3/4ths through it. He runs his finger along the page for a moment before snapping it shut and saying matter-of-factually.
No no, we shouldn't interfere. I've read about this in my studies, as an accomplished Book Master I've studied many things. This is a rare mating ritual native to this land. You see, the tiny elf is symbolic of the lost innocence of the bride, in this case that noble woman. The man is in armor, signifying his willingness to protect. The manacles are fake, you see. He will bring her back to his house where they will live happily ever after. It's all very common here in this land.

Splynn
2011-07-17, 05:35 PM
Raising a hand to rub at his jawline, Oberyn thought on what the tiny elf woman had said. It was strange that a human noble had an elven child.

He was about to speak when the man with a book approached and started speaking about mating rituals. He let out a loud laugh at what he had to say.

Well if that's all it takes here, I think I'll be buying a set of fake manacles first thing on shore.

He then slapped the man with the book on the back, and continued laughing.

Godur
2011-07-17, 05:36 PM
After looking at the scene briefly for a moment Belea decided to approach the paladin. "Excuse me, sir. I couldn't help but overhear the conversation. As a member of the church of Lathander I can vouch for this woman, she is indeed who she claims to be."

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 05:42 PM
Torvald turns rigid and fixes his eyes down quickly. He whispers in a very loud voice
By the Shadows.. she's interrupting them. The ritual should not be interfered with! Everyone, avert your eyes or he may gore us all to death before we can explain!

Zarae
2011-07-17, 05:45 PM
Ariali looks to the man with the book. she leaned to peek, never having seen a book before, and thus illiterate. golden orbs looked to the man a clear, 'what?' on her face.
"the human wants to mate? why would she take an elven daughter, to find that mate? is she courting the armed man?"

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 05:45 PM
Wha... Oh... I am so sorry miss but it did seem odd for her to be yelling at the girl he states, even more confused than he was moments ago. Then turning his head towards Samuhl But what about her, sister, can you vouch for her as well?

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 05:52 PM
Charm Person on belea DC:15 will negates: Of course you can vocuhe for me.

Godur
2011-07-17, 06:07 PM
Belea looks at the girl briefly before looking back at the paladin. "I'm afraid I cannot in good faith vouch for the girl.I hope someone else here may be able to do so, however."

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 06:09 PM
"Why doesn't anyone believe me? I didn't do anything." Sam says in a whining voice, "I swear, if this lady cannot vouche for me, than no one her can. You might as well just arrest me." She then again sobbed into her hands.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 06:09 PM
"Very well..." he says sadly "Can anybody vouch for this girl? If not, she will be tried in the paladin court in the city.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 06:13 PM
"You!" He points a Ariali "You are an elf as well, can you please vouch for this poor girl? He pleads desperately

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 06:15 PM
"Please, you know me, we talked, your a good person. I can't go to jail. I wouldn't last long in prison." Samuhl pleads as well to Ariali.

Aneurin
2011-07-17, 06:16 PM
[When Belea asked if he could do any tricks]

"One or two. I'm not much for cards, really, but they're a useful tool sometimes. And always good for a game, you know?" he shrugs and watches the drama unfolding on deck. "Now, this looks interesting."

Sense motive check:

[roll0] (including 4 ranks and 0 wisdom modifier)

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 06:17 PM
Torvald straightens up and walks forward, his voice takes on something similar to a southern gentleman's
Now now, that's a bit of a big bother for such a little girl. I don't think the trouble's been quite so rough. Perhaps we could come to some sort of arrangement? I'll take this little kipper into my care, and keep an eye on her, and we don't have to go bothering the officials of the city with this?

Knowledge Arcana: Take 10 for 17 to know about Mark of Justice spell for Paladins

A dark gleam comes to Torvald's eye. Now.. we can't risk anything dangerous though, can we? With your approval I was wonderin' if you would be able to apply one of those there Paladin Mark of Justices to this her little sweet thing's forhead. That way if she attempts to break the law, well, we'd be able to set things straight in a jiffy.

If that isn't within your jurisdiction, then I'd say its your right to take her away, kind shiny sir.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 06:22 PM
"I'm sorry sir I am unable to apply those, but one of my elders could preform the spell once we are in the city." The paladin replies thankfully.

Zarae
2011-07-17, 06:23 PM
the girl looked around then realized she was the one indicated.
"vouch? I dont think I understand this custom in your language. She is an elf, correct."

she looks to the other girl. the naive elf usually to see the good in others, (not the pleading itself) "yeah, we talked earlier."

((ariali aint stupid, just that naive as well as still learning the common tongue. yall type to fast))

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 06:27 PM
"Do not worry miss, we have sorted out an agreement that favors all parties involved." He says with a sigh to Ariali.

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 06:28 PM
"Please miss, tell this man that I didn't do anything wrong. I'm a little girl, how could I do anything to this woman?" Sam, by now was desperate. A mark of Justice would make it difficult to go about her normal life.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 06:32 PM
"I could detect evil on the ship if it is necessary, although it would tire me greatly." he said obliviously

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 06:35 PM
Adin looks puzzled, but approaches the paladin.
You'll have to excuse me Mr. Authority Sir, I'm from out of town. As in, I live outside of towns. I don't know nothing about Marks of Justice or your court of law, but I have to ask. But from what I just gathered here, the punishment for lying youth is permanent maiming to the forehead. What was the little elf girls crime again?

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 06:35 PM
Torvald keeps up his accent and pats the little girl gently,
Now now girl, this here's for the best. You'll be in fine hands with me,and I won't let you do nothin' I wouldn't. I think we'll both learn plenty about goodness and decentness and.. all those kinds of things. It'll be an adventure of the heart.

Sir, your adjudication was amazingly helpful here. If you could send word worth and direct me to where I can meet your elder, I'll take her as soon as we dock. That is of course if you wouldn't prefer to do it yourself. I'd not dare step in the way of you and your proper duties.

Torvald addresses the wild man briefly,
Mark of Justice ain't no permanent disfigurement. It done rightly fade under the skin and only shows up if the person involved does an act of evil. Now I don't think it's necessary, but would you prefer we do nothin' at all and let this little girl get tried by a full court? The shock alone would crush her poor childy...childness.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 06:36 PM
Nixia perks up at this. "Why yes, I think that would be an excellent idea, sir Paladin. And tiring really is not a problem, Belea is an excellent healer."

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 06:40 PM
"Mister, if you wouldn't make me go through, then I propose a deal. I will get the mark of justice, if you do as well. Does that seem fair?" she said to Torvald, with a gleam in her eyes.

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 06:42 PM
To Torvald
I believe you might have misunderstood me. Doing nothin' at all is 'xactly what I'm suggest.
Slightly louder, with a glance to the paladin.
As in, let childish nonsense be childish nonsense and drop the matter here.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 06:43 PM
"I agree with this very polite and educated mage... Oh, and my elder lives next to the Drunken Bee tavern, finest mead in the world, you'll probably find him near there"

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 06:44 PM
Torvald laughs a deep throaty laugh that doesn't really fit his frame and comes out a bit wheezy.
Ho ho ho. Well I'll be. See what ya get when you try to help a little one out? I was stickin' my neck out to bring a bit of goodness and honor to this world. To help turn a wandering soul back onto a straight an' narrow path, and here she goes bitin' the hand that comes to pull 'er from the burning jaws of destruction.

Torvald makes to turn away and leave Sam.
But that wouldn't be the way sir, that wouldn't be the way at all. I must keep on tryin'. I must stand up to even the harshest of resistance from her. Cold words will not be a'hurtin' me as I am shielded by my hope and ... care and the light.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 06:44 PM
Nixia steps closer to to the man who seemed to be supporting Sam. "Trying to get a noble arrested is quite the felony, actually. I think this is a little more than childish nonsense, no?"

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 06:47 PM
"I don't mean to be ungrateful to you Mr. Stranger, but you said you wouldn't let me do anything that you wouldn't. Doesn't that include a mark of justice?"

Zarae
2011-07-17, 06:47 PM
"why does she keep reminding all us she's a short (little) girl?" Ariali asked one of the guys.
"as for wrong, in the few minutes we spoke, no you did nothing wrong," she replied to Sam with smile thinking she was helping.

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 06:52 PM
Torvald considers this briefly,
That's a good point, it would set a good example. In fact I'd agree with the terms of... oh hrmm..

Torvald looks troubled for a moment as he rubs his chin.
What would happen sayin' we needed protection? I lead a wandering life, and say we get attacked on the road? Would a spell know when its a crime to strike a man to defend yourself? Middle of a journey we get jumped by bandits, I spring into action to defend us, and then I'm incapacitated. Them bandits take off with you and the horrors.. I don't even imagine them in the deepest nights of the blackest dreams. My sweet little girl, I can't do that to you, or let it happen by any hand.

If you won't take them terms though, well, I won't force nothin' on you. It'd just be this man here who has to decide your fate them. The courts may very well be lenient.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 06:55 PM
"Yes, I'm sure the courts will be lenient on you after they know you are not evil." the Paladin says

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 06:55 PM
Very Well, I accept the terms of a mark of justice, on two conditions. 1.) It only be active in city limits 2.)It doesn't activate if I kill a bug. That would be annoying. sam said, just trying to get this over with. She is now thinking of a way to get out of the court thing. "Also, I would like to try the mead in the Drunken Bee if I'm along to legally."

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 06:57 PM
"I'm sure the elder would be happy to agree with those terms."

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 07:01 PM
With that the boat slips into the harbor. Sailors put down the gangplank and passengers begin to leave.

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 07:01 PM
To Nixia
Meanin' no disrespect to your noble self, I don't remember her startin' the trouble. You were the one that jumped back and started hollerin'. Not quite the point, shouldn't you be vouchin for her? I seem to remember you sayin' she was your girl a couple of hours back. Might be our Captain remembers this better.

On hitting dock
Actually, doesn't bother me none which way things turn up now. But not sampling the best mead in town does bother me.

To the paladin
Now, the Drunken Bee. You were sayin'....

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 07:05 PM
Nixia grinds her teeth as she hears Adin speak to her. "She. Did. Something. To. Me. I came out of...whatever it was in a shock, and that's why I started 'Hollering', as you have so kindly phrased it."

Zarae
2011-07-17, 07:11 PM
Ariali let everyone handle the situation. stepping back out of the crowd, and noticing they were at the dock.

She stood, her mouth almost agape looking at the city. there were no words. the white owl rejoined her on her shoulder. so many bodies were out their. and buildings. and...things she'd never seen before.

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 07:16 PM
All apologies Ms. Noble Miss. No disrespect meant, I'd rather keep things pleasant here. You get on the wrong side of a noble you end up with a mark under your skin in this city.

Lowering his voice for the first time, only for Nixia to hear.

But for what its worth, I do think there might be somethin' a bit... unnatural about her. Sides our magic type friend there, most other people here seem to be in accordance on that. I've got no interest in her myself, I jus' don't like seein' high up law types pickin on little girls.

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 07:29 PM
Now, what are your terms about the mark of justice mister knigyht sir?

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 07:30 PM
Nixia calms down some, holding one of her own hands in another and breathing deeply. "Say...anyone want to go to the Drunken Bee?" She says loudly, as if it was an open invitation.

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 07:33 PM
Why, the promise of mead sounds delightful. Me and the little delightful lady here can resolve this unpleasant business as well.

Torvald reaches out his hand Sam to take, and if she takes it, he follows the others to the tavern.

Whispering to the little elven girl,
Don't be too down. The best cover is letting them think you're under their thumb. I think this will work out quite well for you.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 07:34 PM
You'll have to ask the elder that young lady. he replies to Sam before leaving.

Splynn
2011-07-17, 07:37 PM
Oberyn had already been on his way off the ship before hearing an open invitation to this bar. Looking over to who the caller was, he grinned and called back.

M'lady, I was on my way there as it was. I'd be most glad to accompany you."

And with that he continued off the boat, though once off the gangplank he stopped and waited the lady's answer.

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 07:39 PM
I could always do for a drink.

With his gear strapped on his back and J.D. in tow, Adin follows the paladin led party to the Drunken Bee.

Sparrow
She smiled up at him and whispered, How do we get out of this? You know as well as I do that A mark of justice would be bad for me," I guess we should meet this elder before we do anything.

Aneurin
Galiron stares in bemused silence for a moment, and then shrugs and pockets the cards.

"Alright," he says to Nixia. "Might be able to find a game or two, there, or at least hear of somewhere I can get a game. You're buying, right?" he adds, as an after thought, straightning up and moving towards the door below deck to the passenger rooms.

EDIT: If not stopped, goes down, grabs his stuff and joins the others back on deck.

Hazuki
2011-07-17, 07:43 PM
"Excellent, good sir. I might even let you buy me a drink." Nixia smiles at Oberryn, before looking to Galiron. "If you impress me I might." She then follows everyone else heading towards The Drunken Bee.

Godur
2011-07-17, 07:47 PM
Seeing as a portion of the group were headed to the Drunken Bee, belea decided to tag along. She follows quietly.

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 07:51 PM
Whatever I do, I can't look guilty,She thought to herself as she walked down the side walk she said in a hushed voice looking up to Torvald,"Any ideas smart guy. You are now responsible for me. I really think that we should make a plan." Normally she would make a plan herself, but look where that had got her.

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 08:00 PM
For only the second time in the day, Torvald whispers like a normal person, directing his words at only the small elven child.
Of course I have a plan. I intend to drink some mead while the Elder takes 10 minutes casting this silly spell. If you'd like, I'll sneak you some afterwards. As to the Mark itself, you'll have to trust me. You think I'd shackle something like you up when there is a whole bothersome city of paladins to be fooled with? No lightly.

Raising his voice to be heard by those departing the boat, Torvald calls out.
Now did I hear we were celebrating the harvest day of the Shark Goddess? If that's so I'll have to buy all of my shipmates here the first two rounds.

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 08:02 PM
As they walk, Adin starts rambling/introducing himself to whoever is willing to listen.

So, I gotta know the names of all my drinkin' buddies. I'm A Druid Named Bear and this here is my dog, Just Dog. Most folks just call me ADiN Bear and call him J.D., but we prefer the full title. Neither one of us ain't never been in a city before....

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 08:05 PM
Samuhl chuckled, oh its harvest day alright, she thought to her self and then spoke softly directed at the Human next to her. Why should I trust you? You want me to get a mark of justice. If I go through with this, you better get me out of it.

Then for the first time since the ship, she spoke out loud, "The Shark Goddess? I think I did here something about that. So, looks like your buying the first two rounds.Then she giggled and whispered, "You're paying for my third round too.

"Oh no, did any one get Fluffy from the ship? I have to go back.Now Sam was panicked, that dog was her closest friend and she forgot him.

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 08:10 PM
Torvald flourishes his free hand, but keeps the other in the grip of Samuhl.
It's nice to meet you A Druid Named Bear, and Just Dog. My name is Torvald. I'm a bookbinder and sometimes librarian. I'm here in the city looking for ways to get my hands on exotic tomes and literature.

Does the dog respond to whistles? At the very least, somebody will bring her to us. In a city full of paladins, people can't help but be helpful.

Aneurin
2011-07-17, 08:12 PM
Galiron (having returned from gathering his possessions) looks sidelong at Adin for a moment.

"Galiron. This is really your first time in a city? Or do you, you know, just mean first time in a city city, and that you've been to, oh, towns and villages and stuff before?" he asks with a certain amount of innocent interest.

Bluff check:

[roll0] (+2 cha bonus, +4 skill ranks included)

Anyone who beats it can notice a slightly predatory air about the question.

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 08:12 PM
"Seriously Torvald, we have to go back. I can't leave Fluffy" Sam said tugging, trying to get her arm free. "Let go of me"

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 08:13 PM
Sense Motive Check because you said anyone: [roll0]

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 08:21 PM
Try to call out for Fluffy. If he's trained at all he'll hear your voice. If not I'll pay one of the dockhands to bring him to the tavern for us. I'd not like to promise everybody drinks and then show up late. That would be.. well just rude.

Splynn
2011-07-17, 08:22 PM
While walking, Oberyn smiled at the chatter starting up around him.

Nice to meet you, Bear. I'm called Oberyn. And you don't need to worry about never having been in a city before. People are people no matter where they come from. And the ale is better.

And from the sound of it, that bookworm over there's buying the first two rounds. Hah! Good day already.

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 08:24 PM
"FLUFFY," Sam Shouted, "FLUFFY, HERE BOY."then she waits hoping Fluffy heard her.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 08:29 PM
"Och, 'eres ye mutt. I caught 'im tryin tah eat one of tha galley gnomes." shouts a sailor carrying Fluffy down the gangplank.

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 08:32 PM
"Thank you sir," as she take Fluffy out of the mans hands. Looking down at him, she smiles, "Sorry I left you boy it won't happen again." She says while petting him

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 08:43 PM
Sense motive [roll0]

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 08:50 PM
As the party wanders through the streets led by the paladin. You eventually see a sign with a large bee with rosy cheeks. "Here you are, I apologize but I have pressing matters to attend to elsewhere." With that the paladin leaves the party outside of the Drunken Bee.

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 08:51 PM
"Lets get this over with so I can drink." Sam says quietly but loud enough for people who were listening to hear.

Zarae
2011-07-17, 08:53 PM
the elven girl, in her amazment is soon overwhelmed by everything. She follows the crowd, and since she's looking everywhere and at everything, she gets bumped into alot, shoved around, and a few shouts of 'watch it'.
a few times she managed to jump out of the way of a wagon, avoid getting trampled, and nimbly jumps objects that get in the way. Of course she didnt miss the looks directed at her. But she ignored them all, and tried to keep up with the others.

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 08:56 PM
Shakes hands all around and continues on obliviously. You know, couple of back country places. Mostly filled with folks who haven't been a mile from their home their whole life. Thats 'bout where I fit in. I mean, course I didn't hang out round them much, jus that I haven't been out adventuring much. Mostly out in the woods, just in their general country.
Definitely sounds like the ale is better, its free!
Taps a large, jingly bag on his back.
But I bet a shiny gold pieces it won't compare to the moonshine back home. That stuff could kill a giant. Uh... no offense meant. Looks like we're here.

Glances around kind of awkwardly, waiting for someone else to lead.

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 09:05 PM
"Torvald, I'll go to the elder, you start buying drinks." With that, she slips over to the bar and asks the bartender, "Sir, could you please direct me to the elder?"

0nimaru
2011-07-17, 09:12 PM
Now that somebody has opened the door, Torvald looks into the opening carefully before quickly slipping in the door before it closes. He walks up to the barman, and waits for him to answer Sams' question.

After that he places 4 gold pieces on the counter and says,
For the feast day sir! There are some thirsty celebrants behind me. Keep sending mead until that runs out!

Torvald will follow Sam if the Paladin Elder is pointed out.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 09:26 PM
"Oh, well lass that's him over there." the bartender points over to a fat man in the corner bawdily singing incohererntly with a large crowd around him

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 09:41 PM
"Of course it is," Sam said annoyed. Then she walked straight over to him and asked, "You're the elder?"

Smith, John
2011-07-17, 09:48 PM
Grabs a table, a glass for his dog, and one for himself.

Shark festival eh. Y'all got some funny traditions round here. You know, I once caught a shark while out fishin'. Course, the line broke so I had to swim out and grab it. First time I ever punched a shark. Ayup.

He'll contently chatter, tell pointless country stories, and waste time with whoever is at the table while Sam and Torvald take care of the real business. He'll stay out of that.

EvilMageTim
2011-07-17, 09:53 PM
" Wahzzat lassies?...hic...I cannae 'ear all 7 'o ye. he replies drunkenly, apparently drinking isn't against the paladin code.

Splynn
2011-07-17, 10:02 PM
Mead. Hand. Table. Sit.

Drink.

Life was good.

He found the seat next to Bear. He didn't particularly care who he sat with, but he certainly wanted to sit with someone. And he at least knew this person.

Shark festival, indeed. Never a better way to celebrate such a beast than pretend we are one! Hah!

And with that the glass was up and he was drinking, seemingly intent to drink like a fish.

Zarae
2011-07-17, 10:08 PM
sitting down at the table with others she continued to watch everything around her. the owl on the table staying close to Ariali.
"so, what is going on in here?" she asked, "it smells funny."

Sparrow
2011-07-17, 10:39 PM
"I can smell your breath from here." Swallowing her vomit she continues, " Plus, your drunker than a dwarf chugging two kegs at the same time." She said hoping that the fatman would understand that," And I asked if your the elder. I need to speak with you if you are." She stood taping her left foot waiting for the drunken man to take in everything she just said.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 12:45 AM
Daeron silently followed the party. He wasn't much for words, but did have to ask himself: why would a noble be travelling in a low class vessel?

Keeping an eye on Nixia, he stood near the rest of the group, listening intently.

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 06:52 AM
Nixia sits down at the bar of The Drunken Bee with a sigh, before rapping her knuckles on the bar top until she can get somebody's attention. "Give me whatever's free, but hold the diseases."

Trufflehound
2011-07-18, 08:24 AM
Edgar, follows the rest of the group into the inn, but puts down 4 gp on the counter for a good room, boarding for his mule, and a decent bottle of wine.

He looks around the bar, watches the drunken revellers, and notices that Daeron is staying to the side. Edgar walks up to him, and says in a quiet voice.

"I see you donīt care much for cheap mead and the company of, well, people who do care much for cheap mead. Care to come up to my room to get aquainted over a bottle of wine?"

He then walks back to the counter to get the bottle and the keys.

He then casts Detect Magic and carefully examines everything that radiates an aura.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 08:38 AM
Knowing he'll need allies, Daeron follows Edgar. "What do you think of our 'allies'?" he says in elven.

Aneurin
2011-07-18, 08:40 AM
Galiron smiles amiably as he settles back at the table with the others, keeping a slight distance from them, and looks around the room for anyone who is interesting, threatening or drunk. After completing his scan of the room, he removes his deck of cards from a pocket, and begins shuffling and dog-earing them whilst watching the others at the table.

Trufflehound
2011-07-18, 08:48 AM
Edgar whispers slowly and in short sentences, still concentrating on the Detect Magic.

"Drunker than bees. Girlīs scary. Shouldnīt be travelling alone at this age. Glad Torvald took her under wing. Torvald has his wits about him, but I donīt know where exactly. Probably in boot. Bear needs to think for himself. Nixia... might know what she is doing. Notice she wonīt buy any drinks. Talk in more detail in room. Room number 8, meet me in ten minutes."

Once heīs finished detecting, he looks back at Daeron. In elvish, whispers: "If Nixia does get drunk, it might be fun to take the pouch of gold and return it to the captain. Think you could do it if sheīs drunk and I distract her?"

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 10:31 AM
"No problem. It would be like taking a 10-foot pole from an adventurer."

Godur
2011-07-18, 11:22 AM
Belea scans the Drunke Bee briefly before moving over to Nixia, who's sitting by the bar. She sits down on the stool next to her. She turns to the bartender "One mead, please"

After recieving her drink Belea turns to peer at Nixia. "So, what did happen? back at the ship?"

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 11:39 AM
"Honestly? All I know is that that elven girl threatened to kill me and get me arrested, and that the Paladin is greener than a nudist's hiney." She casts a look to the Elder. "And apparently even the experienced ones aren't much better. So far, everything in this country has tried to harm me in some way, and I don't like it."

Godur
2011-07-18, 11:52 AM
"I agree about the paladins. Not that I care much. Anyways, seem to me that you could use some friends, or at the very least allies." Belea says and take a sip of her drink, before making a grimace. " what's in this ...?" She mumbles to herself and pushes the mug away from her.

Trufflehound
2011-07-18, 12:22 PM
Edgar sits down on the other side of Nixia. "Sorry to hear the countryīs been harsh on you. Heard you accept free drinks?"

To bartender: "Two good meads! Disease free!"

When the bartender puts down the drinks, Edgar pushes them both over to Nixia. "Both for you, miss."

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 12:24 PM
Nixia laughs quietly, mostly for herself. "I'm sure there are people just begging to become a friend of mine. Or ally, what use an ally would be anyway, I'm not exactly raising an army here."

Seeing Edgar, Nixia raises an eyebrow at him. "Mead? You're offering mead? Clearly you don't know how to treat a lady."

Trufflehound
2011-07-18, 12:29 PM
"Well, fine wine is 10 gp a bottle, and money doesnīt grow on trees. If you want free drinks, Iīm afraid I havenīt got better." Edgar shrugs. "Well, do you want it or no?"

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 12:46 PM
"I'm waiting for my distraction." Daeron grins

Godur
2011-07-18, 12:50 PM
"I wouldn't say that I'm begging to be your friend. I just thought I could keep you company if you'd like" Belea says and smiles softly. "Who knows, something good may come of it."She then adds and shrugs.

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 01:00 PM
Nixia shakes her head. "Anyone can get mead. If you want to impress me, make it worth my while."

Trufflehound
2011-07-18, 04:04 PM
"Something more special, eh?"

Edgar casts prestidigitation, chills the mead, and colors and flavors it strawberry.

"How's that?"

Take ten on bluff check to give hint to Daeron, resulting in 17.

Prestidigitation to make moderately subtle blood-stain like spots on the barkeep's apron.

Edgar then nudges Nixia and points at the apron.

"Where does a barkeep get those... spots? A really good barfight?"

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 04:05 PM
"Nice. Time to work my magic." Daeron replies, moving to behind Nixia and waiting for her to notice.

Godur
2011-07-18, 04:16 PM
Belea peer at the side, towards Nixia and Edgar, to say something, when she noticed movement behind them. Turning around in her chair she looks straight at Daeron. "... Nixia, do you have elf nip in your pocket?"

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 04:18 PM
Nixia, already gritting her teeth from Edgar touching her, twists her head round to see Daeron behind her. She slides off of her stool and steps back to next to Belea, placing a hand on the hilt of her dagger. "Alright, I don't like it when one person gets too friendly, but two? No, get away from me."

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 04:51 PM
"I was merely hoping to properly introduce myself to your royal presence. I am Daeron Lithelon, member of the Order of the White Clad." Daeron says, kneeling and kissing her hand, as is customary where he's from. While down there, he attempts to lighten the pouch from her body.

Bluff Check for the "reason"
[roll0]

Sleight of Hand
[roll1]

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 05:30 PM
Nixia, seeing the White Clad's hand go to her purse, growls. "I don't care who you are, get the hell away from my money!" She unsheathes both of her weapons,and slashing with her sword.

Shortsword:[roll0]
(To confirm crit:) [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

EvilMageTim
2011-07-18, 05:32 PM
"Oh aye I am 'e. Can ye wait uhn... til the mornin' lassies? I'm a l..lli... little occupied t'night." He replies to Sam drunkenly.

Godur
2011-07-18, 05:34 PM
Seeing how Nixia have drawn weapons Belea decide to get to her feet to do the same. She jumps down from the bar-stool she had been sitting on and draws her longsword in one fluent action.

0nimaru
2011-07-18, 05:39 PM
Seeing the fighting, Torvald backs up as far as he safely can and holds his book to his chest. He announces loudly in a voice a bit too high pitched to be confident.
Nobody worry, nobody worry. The harvest of the shark godess can have some rather active exhibitions! All non-participants should back up and let them wear each other out.

DM
I'd like to ready an action to Binding Shadow somebody if they get near enough to attack me.

Aneurin
2011-07-18, 05:40 PM
At the sight of drawn weapons, Galiron jumps up and waves his ahnds at them.

"Woah, woah, woah! Take it easy here, alright?" He smiles disarmingly. "No need for trouble, we don't want to be arrested so soon after entering port, now, do we?"

Diplomacy check:

[roll0] (2 cha, 4 ranks)

Spot check to have seen the sleight of hand:

[roll1] (2 ranks)

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 05:41 PM
Dodging the blade calmly, Daeron unsheathes his hidden blade. "Are you sure you wish to count yourself amongst my enemies?"

To be on the safe side, taking a Total Defense action.

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 05:44 PM
Nixia lashes out at the White Clad again with her shortsword.

Damage: [roll]1d+1

"You tried to steal from me, you pointy eared scumbag! I will not have injustices against me fail to go through a second time!"

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 05:51 PM
"Very well then." Daeron says, moving to grab the short sword from her.

Disarming Nixia with an unarmed strike. First, she gets an attack of opportunity on me. If that hits, the rest is null and void.

Next, we each make an attack roll at -4 for wielding light weapons. If I win, I'm now holding the sword. If she wins, she gets an attack against me.

[roll0]

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 05:55 PM
Nixia strikes when she gets the chance to, and fights to keep her shortsword.

[roll0]

For disarming[roll3]

If attack: [roll4]
(To confirm crit:) [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Godur
2011-07-18, 05:57 PM
Belea uses the opportunity to cast Nimbus of Light. At once she is surrounded by a bright Nimbus of sunlight, which she then begins to gather around her left arm.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 06:02 PM
Stumbling into Nixia's sword, Daeron gives himself a nasty wound. He turns and swings at Nixia with his hidden blade.

OK, there goes half my health. Time for moar offense.

Attack Roll
[roll0]
Confirm Crit (Only on a 19/20)
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Aneurin
2011-07-18, 06:03 PM
Galiron looks at his outraised arms, looks back and forth between the fighters, shrugs and turns to the room in general.

"I tried to stop them, everyone saw that, right? If they get arrested it's absolutely nothing to do with me and I only met them a few hours ago."

That said he sits back in his seat, and folds his arms across his chest.

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 06:05 PM
Nixia easily dodges the blade, striking once again with her shortsword.

[roll0]

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 06:07 PM
Looking across the room she says, "Sure, I can wait until tomorrow." Then she moves across the room to the conflict and screams in the highest pitch she can, "Everyone stop now." She knew that if the law enforcement came, she would be found. The last time was too close.

Diplomacy for her yelling: [roll0] +any modifiers that may or may not be added

Godur
2011-07-18, 06:13 PM
Belea stretch out her left arm against Daeron to unleash the blinding light against him. This is immediately followed by a slashing move from her sword.

Nimbus of light. Ranged touch attack, as a standard action.

Damage:
[roll1]

Sword:
[roll2]
(Critical 19-20
[roll] 1d20+1 )
Damage:
[roll3]

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 06:13 PM
Taking advantage of the girl's distraction, Daeron strikes hard at Nixia.

Assuming Nixia is flat-footed from paying attention to Sam, I can haz sneek attakk?

Almighty Dice Gods, I offer unto ye 20 drops of my blood for the first roll, 20 drops for the critical confirmation, 4 drops for the base damage, and 6 drops for the sneak attack damage. May this sacrifice please you.
Attack roll
[roll0]
Critical Confirmation
[roll1]
Base Damage
[roll2]
Sneak Attack
[roll3]

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 06:17 PM
Nixia takes the hidden blade to her abdomen, and, sinking to the floor, drops her weapons, her head hitting the wooden floor hard.

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 06:21 PM
"Well, I tried. But you had to stab her anyway." she then walks up to Torvald and whispered to him,
"I gotta admit, that was a nice hit. But we can't stay here. If more of those Paladins come in, they will detect evil on everyone in this room."

Godur
2011-07-18, 06:22 PM
Belea strikes out again at Daeron with her sword.

Attack with sword.

(critical)
[roll]1d20[+1
Damage:
[roll1]

Aneurin
2011-07-18, 06:40 PM
Galiron stares at Nixia for a long moment, then swears to himself and stands. He walks towards Nixia with his hands raised.

"Hey, not getting involved in the fight or anything, just checking she's alive. Carry on killing each other. Nothing to worry about here. Completely uninvolved."

If he isn't stopped, he kneels beside Nixia and feels for a pulse.

Smith, John
2011-07-18, 06:41 PM
*cursing heavily in druidic* Man, this ain't how a bar brawl supposed to go. 'scuse me for a second.

Casts cure minor, and moves within ten feet of the downed Nixia.

Jus' fixin' up your friend, don't mind me.

OOC: If there is a break in the action where he can reach her without taking an AOO, he'll do so. If not, he'll wait for the fight to stop.

0nimaru
2011-07-18, 06:55 PM
Well, that was tiny bit of fun, but I believe that the most noble portion of the Shark Goddess festival is next. Hiding.

Torvald would like to duck inside the kitchen, or any nearby nook where he can perhaps peek his head out but be mostly concealed.

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 06:58 PM
For the second time today, Sam uses Charm, Psionic. This time the power is focused at Torvald. "You want to help me hide too, right? You wouldn't leave me behind." [DC: 15 Will Negates]

0nimaru
2011-07-18, 07:07 PM
Torvald is vaguely annoyed at the ringing in his head.
You're a tiny little girl. You should be able to find somewhere to hide. Perhaps a broom closet or the oven? Or better yet...look like helpful saps and use it as cover.

Torvald steps out from the kitchen, immediately reversing his plan of action. He takes a stance in plain view of the room.
Someone fetch the guard, there has been a brawl!

Aneurin
2011-07-18, 07:12 PM
Galiron backs away from Nixia, keeping low and away from the fight.

"She's still alive, I think. She's just out of it. Guess he might need a healer, but that's better than getting near a murder charge, I think,"

Once at a safe distance from the fight, he straightens and heads towards his gear on the floor.

"What is with you people? Can you not go five minutes without some kind of trouble that involves guards?"

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 07:12 PM
Daeron turns to face his new attacker. "I'm not an enemy. Your friend struck first. I do not wish to make more enemies today." he says to Belea.

Total Defense action again.

Godur
2011-07-18, 07:19 PM
"You attempted to steal from her even after she had warned you fairly."
Belea says before attempting an attack at Daeron again.

Longsword
[roll0]
Critical 19-20
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 07:24 PM
The Elven girl walked over the bar and hopped over it. She then went to the floor and hid there until it was safe to come out.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 07:26 PM
"And you consider attacking me an appropriate response?"

Maintaining Total Defense

Godur
2011-07-18, 07:33 PM
"What other choice was there? You failed to heed her first warning!"
Belea shouts and attacks once again.

Longsword
[roll0]
Critical: 19-20
[roll1]
Damage:
[roll2]

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 07:42 PM
"There was the option of calling the guard. At least then she wouldn't get charged with assault."

Godur
2011-07-18, 07:46 PM
"Guards can be fooled, much like you tried to fool her!"
Belea brings her sword down for another attack.

Longsword
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage:
[roll2]

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 07:50 PM
"And how did she fool you? She claims to be royalty yet she travels as a commoner. Does that not seem suspicious?"

Godur
2011-07-18, 07:54 PM
Belea lashes out at Daeron with her sword again.

Longsword
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage:
[roll2]

0nimaru
2011-07-18, 07:56 PM
Torvald chimes out helpfully,
He has a point. The proper response to somebody being suspicious isn't questions or investigation, it's obviously pickpocketing and gut stabbing.

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 08:01 PM
Sam peeks out from behind the bar. And watches the battle

She then readies an action to mind thrust the next person to get hit

EvilMageTim
2011-07-18, 08:02 PM
Spot DC 15
(for whomsoever makes the spot check) You see a thin man run out of the tavern, definitly heading to alert the nearest guard patrol.

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 08:04 PM
spot check: [roll0]

Sam sees the man but remains calm and doesn't say anything about it.

0nimaru
2011-07-18, 08:06 PM
Spot: [roll0]

Smith, John
2011-07-18, 08:12 PM
Spot Check: [roll0]

Smith, John
2011-07-18, 08:24 PM
Adin Bear growls, and casts create water over both of the combatants heads.

You're drivin' away all my drinkin' buddies. People runnin' out the door, ruinin' a perfectly good evening.

He returns to his seat. Even if he doesn't understand the significance of people running out of the bar, he doesn't want to be involved with these trouble making fools.

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 09:23 PM
Seeing the combat cease when bear dropped the water, Sam goes back behind the bar out of sight.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 09:31 PM
"How I perform my investigation may deviate from the standard procedure, but my method gets results."

Unless otherwise noted, keep Full Defense up.

Godur
2011-07-18, 09:44 PM
Belea, clearly frustrated, swings her sword again at Daeron without saying a word.

Longsword
[roll0]
Critical 19-20
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 09:49 PM
"If you keep this up much more, I will be forced to attack."

Godur
2011-07-18, 09:57 PM
Belea hesitates for just a moment before swinging her sword again at Daeron.

Longsword
[roll0]
Critical 19-20
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 10:00 PM
Hearing more combat, Sam again pokes her head out and watches the combat.

Readies another action.

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 10:01 PM
"As you will it." Daeron says as he lunges his blade at Belea's sword-shoulder.

Blood Sacrifice to the Dice Gods. May they reign forever!
Attack
[roll0]
Critical Confirm 19/20
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/12748/original/fck.jpg?1251487155

Godur
2011-07-18, 10:15 PM
Belea prepares her shield before launching a reckless attack with her sword against Daeron, leaving herself open, in an attempt to get past his defenses.

Using Reckless offense.
Longsword
[roll0]
Critical 19-20
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 10:19 PM
With that strike, Sam uses Mind Thrust on Daeron at the precise moment the sword meets his armor. [DC:15 Will Save Negates]

Concentration check to conceal manifesting DC:15
[roll0]

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 10:21 PM
Damage if will save fails:
[roll0]

GFawkes
2011-07-18, 10:25 PM
Daeron gathers himself, then slashes at Belea again. He gets hit by a mental bolt, and crumples to the ground unconscious.

Will Save
[roll0]

Attack
[roll1]
Crit Confirm
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

Godur
2011-07-18, 10:31 PM
Belea stares in disbelief at the unconscious Daeron for a moment before kneeling down next to Nixia to see if she's awake.

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 10:33 PM
After manifesting the mind thrust she pokes her head up, "Is it safe to come out now? Is the fighting over?"

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 10:34 PM
Nixia shifts herself so she's sitting up, tucking her weapons back into their sheathes as she does so. "Yay..." She groans. "Help me up?"

Smith, John
2011-07-18, 10:39 PM
Adin walks over to Daeron

If you ladies don't mind, I'd rather he not die tonight.

If he isn't stopped,
heal check to stabilize [roll0]

Actually, a drunk half-orc prolly ain't the best thing for him right now. Did my best.

Godur
2011-07-18, 10:41 PM
"You alright?" Belea sheathes her sword before helping Nixia up, supporting her on the shoulder if need be.

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 10:41 PM
Seeing no fighting Sam hops over the bar. She makes her way to the front of the crowd. "So, no one is dead, right?"

Hazuki
2011-07-18, 10:43 PM
"Yeah...thanks to whoever...did something." Nixia says, as she makes it a point to step the bottom of her armored foot onto the fallen Daeron's crotch, before seating herself at a stool once again. "Thanks for the help, Bel." She smiles. "Seriously."

Sparrow
2011-07-18, 10:46 PM
"What your step." she said smiling, "So, what happened?" Acting like she didn't know anything.