PDA

View Full Version : Good Items for a shadowcraft mage?

Aemoh87
2011-07-16, 08:14 PM
Any good item suggestions for a shadowcraft mage? I am throwing it together rather quickly so I need all the help I can get. Starting at 6th Level but the DM wants to know treasure for later on. Going standard Shadowcraft Route: 5 Shadowcraft Mage, 5 Wizard, 1 Shadowcraft Adept, at least 8 Shadowcrafter. Maybe a level of nightmare spinner way late as well. But that is far off. I need things to help in a political intruige campaign as I will be playing a charming and helpful baddy. Thanks playground.

P.S. Casting stat +6 enhancement is an obvious.

HalfDragonCube
2011-07-16, 08:26 PM
Level? Party role? Any dips? Any fluff to look out for? Please help us help you.

Runestaffs: they're awesome for anyone. (Except noncasters.)

Fouredged Sword
2011-07-16, 08:26 PM
What are your build specs and level?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-07-16, 08:52 PM
Always start with a Healing Belt (MIC), and make sure everyone else in the party gets one as well.

A Circlet of Rapid Casting (MIC) is a must-have for any spellcaster, you can add a +6 Enhancement to your casting stat to it for the same price as a standalone +6 item (MIC p234).

A +1 Mithral Buckler is a superb way to boost your AC. Way later get the Reflecting property put on it.

You'll want a Necklace of Adaptation.

Just look at this list (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851), you should do fine.

HalfDragonCube
2011-07-16, 08:58 PM
Always start with a Healing Belt (MIC), and make sure everyone else in the party gets one as well.

Ah, good old healing belt.

Fighter: Pally!
Paladin: :smallsigh: Stop calling me that.
Fighter: Medic!
Paladin: I suppose you want me to lay my hands upon you?
Fighter: Ooh, yeah. I want some sweet, sweet positive energy.
Paladin: You can touch yourself for that now...
Fighter: But it's so much better if someone else does it for you! :smallamused:
Wizard: I'm fireballing you both if you don't stop that right now. :smallannoyed:

Andion Isurand
2011-07-17, 02:07 AM
Caine's Flagon of Shadows... Dragon Compendium.
It can give you a +2 DC to illusion (shadow) spells for 3 hours, 5 times a day. Cost is 8K gp.

ILM
2011-07-17, 06:45 AM
Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis.