PDA

View Full Version : What's a good rationale for 2 necron armies fighting each other?

gooddragon1
2011-07-16, 10:28 PM
What's a good rationale for 2 necron armies fighting each other?

gooddragon1
2011-07-17, 07:14 AM
I guess the lack of responses might be due to lack of explanation: I mean what could cause to necron armies to attack one another in the wh40k universe? They've got to justify it happening on the tabletop somehow...

comicshorse
2011-07-17, 07:46 AM
I believe before the C'Tan, the gods and rulers of the Necrons, went into slumber they were so desperate for nourishment they were eating each other. This could have created eminities that are played out again now that they are awake.

Traab
2011-07-17, 07:49 AM
Two high ranking individuals who think they should be in charge of the overall forces of the necron army?

Weezer
2011-07-17, 08:12 AM
The only rationale I can think of is that the followers of two different C'Tan come into conflict over something.

Soras Teva Gee
2011-07-17, 11:08 AM
Its all just an exercise.

They aren't really fighting each other, that's just what the filthy xeno machines want you to think. Do not believe that the Empire's foes will tear themselves apart but keep faith with Him On Earth and purge them all.

Pokonic
2011-07-17, 02:00 PM
Two C'tan are fighting eachother, and there respective forces are duking it out.

crowe
2011-07-17, 08:36 PM
Easiest would be some dispute over an artifact both factions want.

gooddragon1
2011-07-17, 10:04 PM
Easiest would be some dispute over an artifact both factions want.

Did not realize there were factions... but i guess this makes sense.

Tyndmyr
2011-07-17, 10:53 PM
What's a good rationale for 2 necron armies fighting each other?

Following different Ctan is the easy one. The Ctan are not necessarily on good terms with each other, given that they, yknow, eat each other.

If for some reason, that isn't a viable option, resort to some sort of malfunction in the hierarchy. Ridiculous amounts of time shutdown should pose a problem due to even the most fantastically magical technology.

Karoht
2011-07-20, 09:46 AM
One group of Necrons wakes from their sleep a touch more aware than the rest. And chooses to oppose the C'tan rather than aid them. Explainable via higher self-awareness, malfunction, prototype skeletons, computer virus, etc. Depends on how flexible your fluff is, but lots of wiggle room given that the tech isn't really all that detailed anyway. Can a Necron get a computer virus or the equivilant?