PDA

View Full Version : Private Messaging copyrighted content

Dire Reverend
2011-07-17, 02:25 AM
I am having problems searching, so I do not know of this has been asked already. I know that posting copyrighted content in the forum is against the rules (and for good reason), Is private messaging copyrighted content also disallowed? For example, If I wanted to play a class from a sourcebook that is not OGL, could I private message the DM a copy of the sourcebook so they could approve/deny the class?

Mystic Muse
2011-07-17, 02:44 AM
I am having problems searching, so I do not know of this has been asked already. I know that posting copyrighted content in the forum is against the rules (and for good reason), Is private messaging copyrighted content also disallowed? For example, If I wanted to play a class from a sourcebook that is not OGL, could I private message the DM a copy of the sourcebook so they could approve/deny the class?

The board rules apply to PMs too, so no you could not.

Anima
2011-07-17, 02:46 AM
No, the rules apply to private messages as well.

These Rules apply everywhere on this Forum, including every subforum, spoiler box, signature, avatar, and Private Message.

Roland St. Jude
2011-07-17, 10:34 AM
Sheriff: Indeed.

Though in that specific instance it seems possible that you could PM the class particulars in your own words and accomplish the same thing with out the infringement.